Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,911 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4836919 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RapportNaija(m): 3:55am On Jul 16, 2019
enesi009:
Hello house pls can somebody with HND do a professional master e.g MBA without pgd or it's still require pqd before he can do it just like normal MSc in Business Administration. Pls I need urgent response from dose who have the idea

To the best of my knowledge, isn't MBA for those with more than 3 years of cognate working experience?

And it's very expensive, compared to Master degrees. Why attempting to jump?

Get Pgd if need be, and get MSc... More importantly, earn real working experience along the way -- before eyeing MBA.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Winchman: 4:55am On Jul 16, 2019
divads:
Sir. what can you say about Schlumberger entry level, against Nnpc graduate trainee position.

in terms of job security. Salary structure and staff personal development..

I learnt Slb train their recruits Abroad. do they do the upfront pay? do you know how much they pay their field engineers?
I can tell you that lots of Halliburton, Schlumberger and Baker Hughes folks are on the NNPC EH journey. When I said service companies would chew and spit you out, I was referring to them. There are incredible opportunities to be had with companies like SLB, HAL & BHGE. You get to work in remote places across the world. The pay is great especially as a field engineer, your field bonus which could be a fixed amount or even a percentage of your field ticket makes it so much better. SLB and Baker have training schools in Abu Dhabi and Dubai respectively so that's where you go for your initial training. Advanced training would see you go to the US, usually Houston and Dallas. Maintenance folks at Baker go to Celle, Germany where they have a manufacturing hub. You could be in a pool of engineers that work for this Geomarket which basically means you work in all of West and Central Africa. Then you may become internationally mobile and go way beyond Africa. When you get to that point, you are on the track to the big leagues. Sounds good right? All these good stuff may be truncated the minute oil prices take a nose dive. Headcount reduction is the first cost saving measure they implement. At that point it won't matter if you had been trained in space or worked at some intergalactic wellsite, you could be sent home. It's a cycle of boom and burst. A lot of people want the stability and relatively mild atmosphere of the IOCs and NOCs while others live for the adrenaline of service companies.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 16, 2019
Winchman:

I can tell you that lots of Halliburton, Schlumberger and Baker Hughes folks are on the NNPC EH journey. When I said service companies would chew and spit you out, I was referring to them. There are incredible opportunities to be had with companies like SLB, HAL & BHGE. You get to work in remote places across the world. The pay is great especially as a field engineer, your field bonus which could be a fixed amount or even a percentage of your field ticket makes it so much better. SLB and Baker have training schools in Abu Dhabi and Dubai respectively so that's where you go for your initial training. Advanced training would see you go to the US, usually Houston and Dallas. Maintenance folks at Baker go to Celle, Germany where they have a manufacturing hub. You could be in a pool of engineers that work for this Geomarket which basically means you work in all of West and Central Africa. Then you may become internationally mobile and go way beyond Africa. When you get to that point, you are on the track to the big leagues. Sounds good right? All these good stuff may be truncated the minute oil prices take a nose dive. Headcount reduction is the first cost saving measure they implement. At that point it won't matter if you had been trained in space or worked at some intergalactic wellsite, you could be sent home. It's a cycle of boom and burst. A lot of people want the stability and relatively mild atmosphere of the IOCs and NOCs while others live for the adrenaline of service companies.

Thanks for this piece
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Eggovic: 5:29am On Jul 16, 2019
mos4phy:
NNPC APL might come sooner than expected. Brace yourselves
I like this
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Joegift: 6:25am On Jul 16, 2019
Pls I need d link for d she'll recruitment thread
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CircleOfWilis: 6:34am On Jul 16, 2019
Jarus:

I dont think so. They have a standard 3 year promotion cycle. But exceptional performance and visibility to a very top Oga can make it faster.
well done and thank u for the info.....Pls. any idea of the progression and pay for NNPC health(doctors) workers?
thank u
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Excel70: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
Would reply all pms overnight and be done with sending the LOMS for those who pm'ed cos of that by morning. Would only converse with a few as I can't reply all. Would answer questions on my experience, how I got some opportunities and that'd be all. Also pls for the LOMS, it's an audio file with some attachments included. Would use a self destruct download link for everyone
I want the LOMS but the pm is not working
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by haRoony: 6:41am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:

Yh. But for McKinsey Nigeria, they are much more forgiving, a good number of us were from Nigerian universities. But for McKinsey US, UK and similar, Then that applies fully.

Haha, Victor cheng.. I jacked his videos ehn, before my interview. By the way, he has a tutorial recording for case studies for McKinsey and Bain and the likes called LOMS (look over my shoulder) which is very good for McKinsey interviews.. But it's very expensive. I have them though and can send to anyone interested for free. Just send a pm for that strictly.

I must say that I have really been inspired by you. If there are people I really want to connect with right now, it is your type. I had to reactivate my account to come up here. I would really be glad to connect with you. I am sending you a PM right away.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2019
Excel70:

I want the LOMS but the pm is not working
I replied you.

I had a little hiccup uploading the LOMS for self destruct after a short time but it's resolved now. Would dispatch it soon to everyone I replied. Download quickly cos it would dissappear after a short while.. Wanted to code an algorithm backend for a capability where you can only view once and download once but I got busy with other stuff and decided to use a service. Pls, once you download, do well to share it in the right way not fraudulently or carelessly . Like I said previously, it's 100k and very precious in the case interview coaching world

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 7:24am On Jul 16, 2019
CircleOfWilis:
well done and thank u for the info.....Pls. any idea of the progression and pay for NNPC health(doctors) workers?
thank u

I have no idea of any special pay/progression path other than the general ones that have been overdiscussed here.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teejay1511(m): 7:24am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
I replied you.

I had a little hiccup uploading the LOMS for self destruct after a short time but it's resolved now. Would dispatch it soon to everyone I replied. Download quickly cos it would dissappear after a short while.. Wanted to code an algorithm backend for a capability where you can only view once and download once but I got busy with other stuff and decided to use a service. Pls, once you download, do well to share it in the right way not fraudulently or carelessly . Like I said previously, it's 100k and very precious in the case interview coaching world
Bro i sent you a mail.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 7:27am On Jul 16, 2019
andrewtosin:
haa.... Wetin person come dey write ACCA for?
So you don't want professional/personal development for yourself?

Not sure that's a good mindset.

By the way, there are some positions/postings within Finance that professional qualifications will be an added advantage for.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2019
ogiby86:
Jarus Do you have an idea how many persons would be taken for the whole process and when do you think they'll probably start sending ApL?

No idea other than the public info I also see here.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adakoleagbenu: 7:35am On Jul 16, 2019
good morning peeps. x - today = apl distribution

una well done

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 7:42am On Jul 16, 2019
Winchman:

Gbam.

I have a friend that joined Schlum in 2012. We were working in same company - a downstream company - before then. He is an engineer, me an accountant. We both moved around the same time. I joined an independent upstream company, he joined Schlum.

His life changed. He was sent to Abu Dhabi for training. Junketing the world. Enrolled for a programme in Aberdeen.

Oil price crashed in 2015 and my friend was thrown under the bus by Schlum. One of their many employees sacked.

His rising career was truncated. Dont know where he is now.

I have a similar story for another family friend with same Schlum (although that one later got a Middle East NOC but he struggled for the period Schlum laid him off).

Oil servicing companies are very volatile. They dont care about the amount of training they have invested in you, they don't mind sacking half of their workforce at the slightest disruption in the oil industry.

NNPC offers stability and relative security. If I get NNPC job today, na there I go retire (except OPEC comes calling - and OPEC career limit is just 7 years). I wont mind taking a N2m gross pay cut (per annum) to join NNPC, but what I'm hearing about the difference between the level I'm qualified for, is my headache. Difference too significant to sacrifice for. When we get to the bridge sha.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 16, 2019
Ok.... let's find the x...
Assuming x = 45days
=> APL Distribution = 45 - 1
APL Distribution = 44days

Who do this to me ooo....lol
Let the count down begins
@chasteguy....the local man
@terse
@datascience
@winchman....much respect from this end
@all who hope on God
adakoleagbenu:
good morning peeps. x - today = apl distribution

una well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gerrard59(m): 7:58am On Jul 16, 2019
Interesting thread.. This recruitment process reminds me of Seplat last year. Kudos to the McKinsey's dudes. Not easy to get in there. When I was in school, I practiced the mock PST with a friend (who later graduated with a first class) and had 2/10 and him - 6/10. Too bad I didn't finish with a first class. embarassed

Regarding folks narrating their experiences, it's important they do so. By so doing, individuals learn especially up and coming folks. Information is powerful in today's world but quality is not universally available. So mbok, allow anyone to narrate his/her experiences so that folks learn, unlearn and relearn. I knew about most companies by following Jarus, firms that my then classmates didn't know and this information chasm is even worse for students/graduates/postgraduates from institutions in the east. I remember in my second year discussing with some accounting students and they did not know about PwC or KPMG shocked. Something the average student in the west will know. In summary, quality information should be disseminated without rancour or jealousy. Thank God for the Internet.

Shout out to my Egbon Jarus. Twale! grin I've not regretted following him. I recall in 2013 when I was disturbing him on Nairaland but today? Lemme not talk too much..

P.S. I didn't apply as my course wasn't listed and a certain document wasn't available at that time. But I've coached some folks and I'm sure they will get the job. grin

11 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 16, 2019
Jarus:

Gbam.

I have a friend that joined Schlum in 2012. We were working in same company - a downstream company - before then. He is an engineer, me an accountant. We both moved around the same time. I joined an independent upstream company, he joined Schlum.

His life changed. He was sent to Abu Dhabi for training. Junketing the world. Enrolled for a programme in Aberdeen.

Oil price crashed in 2015 and my friend was thrown under the bus by Schlum. One of their many employees sacked.

His rising career was truncated. Dont know where he is now.

I have a similar story for another family friend with same Schlum (although that one later got a Middle East NOC but he struggled for the period Schlum laid him off).

Oil servicing companies are very volatile. They dont care about the amount of training they have invested in you, they don't mind sacking half of their workforce at the slightest disruption in the oil industry.

NNPC offers stability and relative security. If I get NNPC job today, na there I go retire (except OPEC comes calling - and OPEC career limit is just 7 years). I wont mind taking a N2m gross pay cut (per annum) to join NNPC, but what I'm hearing about the difference between the level I'm qualified for, is my headache. Difference too significant to sacrifice for. When we get to the bridge sha.
thanks for this sir..that's why i was asking you and xfire persistently then about why someone was insisting on NNPC's job security and "government factor" involved during my comparison. During my private chat with xfire, i emphasized that and he agreed. IOCs, especially NNPC gives that job security. But i am yet to understand what the ''government factor'' when it comes to NNPC entails..but i know it would be good lol. tough decisions lie ahead

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
I replied you.

Now I'm really getting intrigued!!
I have been following you silently. From your previous posts, I deduced that you are an engineer (Mechanical if I'm not mistaken).
But now you're are talking about coding and algorithms which is my field. I'm a software developer ( Java, C#, php, javascript are my core languages). I would like to connect with you since you also versed in the geek world.
Sent you a PM, PLEASE do well to reply bro cool

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 16, 2019
Well within ur rights to boo...just that it'll make it even funnier.

uzoexcel:

ur sorry attempt @ making a distasteful joke should be booed
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Okay83: 8:15am On Jul 16, 2019
Please when did EH for Elect roles do their interview because no one has mentioned any thing relating to Elec Eng roles interview here
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 16, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Now I'm really getting intrigued!!
I have been following you silently. From your previous posts, I deduced that you are an engineer (Mechanical if I'm not mistaken).
But now you're are talking about coding and algorithms which is my field. I'm a software developer ( Java, C#, php, javascript are my core languages). I would like to connect with you since you also versed in the geek world.
Sent you a PM, PLEASE do well to reply bro cool
oh yh, i studied mechanical engineering.. and love energy, sustainablity and tech management. I also have side passions- that's where the programming comes in.. i code and also build robots for fun..i also play in my spare time with arduinos, raspberry pi and the likes..and embedded systems and the likes. one of my dreams after blowing small is to merge my side passions with my main passions...applying AI, robotics to energy utilization and sustainability...did little hobbyist projects on it while in undergrad. The main passion is the priority first lol

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 8:27am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
oh yh, i studied mechanical engineering.. and love energy, sustainablity and tech management. I also have side passions- that's where the programming comes in.. i code and also build robots for fun..i also play in my spare time with arduinos, raspberry pi and the likes..and embedded systems and the likes. one of my dreams after blowing small is to merge my side passions with my main passions...applying AI, robotics to energy utilization and sustainability...did little hobbyist projects on it while in undergrad. The main passion is the priority first lol

ÀI and robotics you say and still claimed you schooled in Nigeria? Please elucidate further because except for very few, I know most of our Nigerian lecturers and Profs are not that futuristic.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Edicoco(f): 8:29am On Jul 16, 2019
Did mine 5th july, eh
Okay83:
Please when did EH for HSE roles do their interview because no one has mentioned any thing relating to HSE roles interview here
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 16, 2019
BenFlash:

ÀI and robotics you say and still claimed you schooled in Nigeria? Please elucidate further because except for very few, I know most of our Nigerian lecturers and Profs are not that futuristic.
lol, people with such interests learn most on their own and expand from there..i have a good circle of friends who are gurus in these things. i learnt it on my own. And the AI is a future goal, not what i'm into atm.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
Wow, embedded systems! That's really cool, you must know a thing or two about micro processor programming then. Tried something on that with c++ in the past. I'm thinking about hardware programming in the oil and gas industry. Still making researchs on that too.
By the way bro you have my main hustle as your side hustle Lol. I'm intrigued bro, I am really. Reply my pm bro

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2019
chidiebereuzoma:

Wow, embedded systems! That's really cool, you must know a thing or two about micro processor programming then. Tried something on that with c++ in the past. I'm thinking about hardware programming in the oil and gas industry. Still making researchs on that too.
By the way bro you have my main hustle as your side hustle Lol. I'm intrigued bro, I am really. Reply my pm bro
haha..cool. I taught some friends hardware programming using arduinos. since you know C, it should be easy for you. Just make the right research and you would find your way. i'm a bit busy at the moment, would reply new pms later in the day if chanced then after i dispatch the LOMS

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 16, 2019
BenFlash:

Yes bro, In my department, we have only one AI lecturer and he's really outdated and not even practicing
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 8:39am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:

Bro, I have known who you are grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 16, 2019
Jarus:

Bro, I have known who you are grin
haha, sir jarus. are you sure?. I always like to hide stuff when i meet strangers in person for personal reasons?
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NigelCundy: 8:49am On Jul 16, 2019
For people that are not in the tech industry or are social scientists like me, AI is also a good learning experience. Finance and HR are using AI to develop organizational processes. Particularly In HR where AI is applied in recruitment, training, Ex and EVP, change management etc. Being knowledgeable in these areas could put you 10 years ahead of the present workforce in private and government organizations.

In simple terms, you will be a hot cake if you focus on any of the aforementioned.

mosgoon:
lol, people with such interests learn most on their own and expand from there..i have a good circle of friends who are gurus in these things. i learnt it on my own. And the AI is a future goal, not what i'm into atm.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Mitocyan: 8:51am On Jul 16, 2019
mosgoon:
haha, sir jarus. are you sure?. I always like to hide stuff when i meet strangers in person for personal reasons?

Lool. I've been puzzling too. Plus I don't think you have a linkedin presence if not I would have figured out since. Except you don't just put your achievements on linkedin. I only know very few young Nigerians (and that schooled in Nigeria for that matter) that are so versed in expertise and are extremely successful in recruitment processes.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.