Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,248 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4848202 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ebenaba(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2019
Ukodo1123:
3b carry weight on that information
Ladies and gents, The 3b theory

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Onunu:
i got some info from someone privy to insider info from the management. It’s not verified but most likely true. I won’t go into too much details lest I get lynched by keyboard warriors.

1. Process was in the hand of a female GGM. The process was finished without external influence but then the new management had issues with the selection as some zones had more successful candidates than others.

2. GGM was asked to review to ensure a more balanced selection.

3. With new management, interests seem to be mounting pressure. Also, new members of the house want slots for their constituents. Support workers from refineries are threatening strike action because they want to be converted to permanent staff before any new recruits would come in.

4. All these have caused delay in the release of the APL’s

5. If you doubt me, please do so honorably. I’m just relaying info I got and I felt I should share with those that need to hear. If you insult me, I’ll leave you to God, I won’t bother responding. Cheers and have a nice day. Best wishes as you wait for APL.

What power do House of Rep members and Senators have other than making laws? most of these guys if not all, are not even respected in their constituencies, except only people they feed or give money.

So why giving them credence more than they deserve? or am I missing something?.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2019
Onunu:
i got some info from someone privy to insider info from the management. It’s not verified but most likely true. I won’t go into too much details lest I get lynched by keyboard warriors.

1. Process was in the hand of a female GGM. The process was finished without external influence but then the new management had issues with the selection as some zones had more successful candidates than others.

3. With new management, interests seem to be mounting pressure. Also, new members of the house want slots for their constituents. Support workers from refineries are threatening strike action because they want to be converted to permanent staff before any new recruits would come in.

5. If you doubt me, please do so honorably. I’m just relaying info I got and I felt I should share with those that need to hear. If you insult me, I’ll leave you to God, I won’t bother responding. Cheers and have a nice day. Best wishes as you wait for APL.

I will send darado to deal with anyone who insults you

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 11:54am On Aug 16, 2019
Enrypech:

Oh no bro. For the sake of number 3, the whole info look like a mere intelligent guess.

I don't get it, even "first timers" that are not veterans in politics, how do they make their request or is it "demand", that parastatals "must yield" to their demands? please someone should explain to me.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ukodo1123: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2019
They are rubber staff legislator I am referring to d contract staff I no know what m talking about because of my last encounter with o e of them
joobseekar:

What power do House of Rep members and Senators have other than making laws? most of these guys if not all, are not even respected in their constituencies, except only people they feed or give money.

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ukodo1123: 11:57am On Aug 16, 2019
They are rubber staff legislator I am referring to d contract staff I no know what m talking about because of my last encounter with one of them
joobseekar:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 11:58am On Aug 16, 2019
Ukodo1123:
They are rubber staff legislator I am referring to d contract staff I no know what m talking about because of my last encounter with one of them

Rubber staff legislator? I don't understand this part, please explain better.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ukodo1123:

Ewo ni rubber staff legislator bayi tori olorun undecided

Them dey tap rubber? cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2019
joobseekar:

I guessed he meant "rubber stamp"
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2019
They seat on oversight committees like appropriations, finance etc. and can legally make life unbearable for any parastatal or ministry if they so desire, calling for investigations into their affairs at every turn, lobbying to get their powers limited etc.

Lawmakers most times also have the power to amend/review the enabling laws of most parastatals...

joobseekar:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by sparog(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ukodo1123:

Did you mean to say rubber stamp?

cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2019
The National Assembly is already on recess. The newly appointed committees haven’t even started work yet.

You people will just give yourself unnecessary headache.

If the son of the former GMD is going through the recruitment process just like everyone else and you still think NNPC is going to go share slots to any politician, you are on a long thing. There’s a reason why even those that are working presently as contract staff were asked to undergo this recruitment process.

Lest we forget, Buhari still remain Minister for petroleum.

Believe whatever you will believe.

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2019
Ebenaba:

Ladies and gents, The 3b theory
Hahahahaaaa... How expedient! grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ozoebuka1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 16, 2019
larride:
The National Assembly is already on recess. The newly appointed committees haven’t even started work yet.

If the son of the former GMD is going through the recruitment process just like everyone else and you still think NNPC is going to go share slots to any politician, you are on a long thing. There’s a reason why even those that are working presently as contract staff were asked to undergo this recruitment process.

i don't know why some people are hellbent to discredit this recruitment angry
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by souljar(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
larride:

Ah... Another theory by Larride:
The GMD's Son theory grin grin

The Serial Theorist.

lemme coman be going

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
Beeam:
They seat on oversight committees like appropriations, finance etc. and can legally make life unbearable for any parastatal or ministry if they so desire, calling for investigations into their affairs at every turn, lobbying to get their powers limited etc.

how will they legally make life unbearable?
are they the ones paying or influencing their salaries and allowances?
can they directly sack them?
i still don't get it, if you care to explain better
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2019
ozoebuka1:
i don't know why some people are hellbent to discredit this recruitment angry

My only conclusion is they are trying to use it to console themselves just in case they don’t get APL.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kevlala: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2019
larride:

Errm, that the GMD son is undergoing this process is not full proof that the exercise is without influences. If I were the GMD and I intend to get a job for my son in NNPC, he must pass through the whole stages so nobody will say he didn't get it on merit. Even if I will influence it at a later stage. Afterall no one can tell his scores in each of the stages.

However, it is a pointer of being a disciplined man, because some crude men can just send letter for him to resume without any cbt or interview.

6 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by larride(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2019
Kevlala:

Errm, that the GMD son is undergoing this process is not full proof that the exercise is without influences. If I were the GMD and I intend to get a job for my son in NNPC, he must pass through the whole stages so nobody will say he didn't get it on merit. Even if I will influence it at a later stage. Afterall no one can tell his scores in each of the stages.

However, it is a pointer of being a disciplined man, because some crude men can just send letter for him to resume without any cbt or interview.

I’m not saying there won’t be influence in this recruitment but I want to believe those that will use this influence will be those currently going through this recruitment process.

The former GMD son will most likely get the job. When you hear politicians demanding for slots (it most times means bringing people outside the recruitment process to get the job).

The premise of politicians asking for slot for their constituency makes no sense because those that will be recruitment will be recruited through Federal Character.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2019
They seat on oversight committees like appropriations, finance etc. which the supervise the activities of ministries and parastatals, ratify the appointment of their heads etc.

Lawmakers also most times also have the power to amend/review the enabling laws of most parastatals...

joobseekar:

how will they legally make life unbearable?
are they the ones paying or influencing their salaries and allowances?
can they directly sack them?
i still don't get it, if you care to explain better

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biaso(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
[quote[color=#006600][/color][left][/left] author=Onunu post=81304853]i got some info from someone privy to insider info from the management. It’s not verified but most likely true. I won’t go into too much details lest I get lynched by keyboard warriors.

[/quote] Your had me until i got to Number 3. If everyone was told to apply, including contract staff of NNPC, then people were shortlisted and invited for the CBT, and sequel to that, successful candidates were invited for Interview. Why would anyone demand to be converted to a permanent staff without undergoing due process? Something just doesn't add up. I understand that this point of the recruitment process is really sensitive, stakes are high, expectations are high and people tend to apply a lot of emotions as opposed to logic.. Let's keep hope alive. God bless us all.

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by joobseekar: 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2019
Beeam:
They seat on oversight committees like appropriations, finance etc. which the supervise the activities of ministries and parastatals, ratify the appointment of their heads etc.

Lawmakers also most times also have the power to amend/review the enabling laws of most parastatals...

explaining a great example that will affect them will be well appreciated... thanks.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
Let me just waka jeje out ....peace guys

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by ozoebuka1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
larride:

My only conclusion is they are trying to use it to console themselves just in case they don’t get APL.
i tell you. People can be pathetic.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by xeforesansh(m): 1:08pm On Aug 16, 2019
The issue of contract staff has nothing to do with this recruitment, a simple example to prove this is when you look at the banking sector, most of the workers there are contract or support staff, that are recruited from different outsourcing companies, yet that doesn't prevent banks from recruiting their own staff whether GT or experienced staff and train them regardless of the fact that they know they have support staff on ground. However a contract or support staff can be converted based on merit. So the issue of contract staff protesting cannot in anyway hinder this recruitment process, only maybe factors like internal/external/political influence which we all know is very common.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by adeakin777: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
larride:

I beg to differ on this. The fact that the GMD's son went through the recruitment process does not substantiate the transparency of the process. For starters, i could guess you have no concrete evidence of the parameters that were used to select candidates for the CBT exam other than the ones published. For all you know, all the influences had all been in the process from the start. Sometime on this thread, someone stated that even before the recruitment was advertised, a friend of his was told to submit his CV by his uncle. That guy may have done his interview in the towers as well and would also probably be given his APL. In that light can you say the recruitment had no external influences?
There may probably be some persons reading this thread and having a good laugh because their APLs are already secured.

I just don't think you can assert it is a transparent process when you don't even know what criteria was used for selection. Heck, no one can even explain the erratic reimbursement of candidates who attended the interview.

I am not a pessimist by the way. i have gone through several federal government recruitment processes to understand that it is hardly transparent.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by NoHatred: 1:36pm On Aug 16, 2019
adeakin777:

I beg to differ on this. The fact that the GMD's son went through the recruitment process does not substantiate the transparency of the process. For starters, i could guess you have no concrete evidence of the parameters that were used to select candidates for the CBT exam other than the ones published. For all you know, all the influences had all been in the process from the start. Sometime on this thread, someone stated that even before the recruitment was advertised, a friend of his was told to submit his CV by his uncle. That guy could have as well had his interview in the towers as well and would also probably be given his APL. In that light can you say the recruitment had no external influences?
There may probably be some persons reading this thread and having a good laugh because their APL is already secured.

I just don't think you can assert it is a transparent process when you don't even know what criteria was used for selection. Heck, no one can even explain the erratic reimbursement of candidates who attended the interview.

I am not a pessimist by the way. i have gone through several federal government recruitment processes to understand that it is hardly transparent.
Bro you're very right. I just a call from a friend now that some guys got their letters today via community slots ( if you like don't believe me). Guys the APLs are ready. A lot of things are going behind the scene. We should just pray that God should favour us.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by stevie55(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2019
joobseekar:

Lol. Forgive my bad.... what's your date of interview Sir?

Hakuna Matata Local Man. smiley
1st July, 1:30pm, CBT in Abuja and EH.
Thankfully, no alert. grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Gbyms: 1:55pm On Aug 16, 2019
NoHatred:
Bro you're very right. I just a call from a friend now that some guys got their letters today via community slots ( if you like don't believe me). Guys the APLs are ready. A lot of things are going behind the scene. We should just pray that God should favour us.
If some people received their APL already via community slot, then generally, APL would be out next week. Latest upper week

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ukodo1123: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
Rubber stamp
joobseekar:

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Sleyanya1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 16, 2019
Sempumping:
Support workers threatening strike in NNPC cheesy cheesy
I cant even laugh .( it cant happen o,if as a support you want to join NNPC team you should have undergone the process ,if you didn't meet requirement, you risk being laid off after the process)
Contract staff would be Considered (depending on the type ),they were also interviewed. But no special consideration for support o and they cannot strike ,they dont have a union .
The GGM HR (who else should be in charge of the process ) is a yoruba woman .
All that info seems like something your intelligence or a siwes intern can give u.

I hereby by declare this sauce Unspicey "

Ass.Sec Gen

Let me just waka jeje out ....peace guys

Most of you guys on this thread are really quite funny...very funny.

When there's no source...(Or sauce)... you crave for it wholeheartedly, willing to hear or see or read anything that comes.

When a 'Source' or 'Sauces' finally surfaces, most people begin to destructively criticise or ask further questions they fully know would be impossible for the one who posted to answer because He/She is just an applicant like yourself.

While I won't wish for a flood of fictitious 'Source' , I Honestly think we should read thru the posts , appreciate & encourage the poster, that way others could endeavour to post their 'legit' info without much fear.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.