Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire - Jobs/Vacancies (925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire (4831738 Views)

Did You Apply For Stanbic IBTC Experience Hire Position? / 1,000 NNPC Graduate Trainees Begin Work On Monday / Graduate Trainee And Exp. Job Recruitment At Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by IamNancyDrew: 4:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
askotaks01:
[b][/b]Reason Why NNPC is Paying TF in Batches

The statement I am going to make will be more understood by an Accountant or Finance Professionals.

NNPC have the financial capability to pay the Transportation Fee of everybody that was interviewed at once.
But, in order to make their financial report look good and for the sake of managing their Operating Expenses (OPEX) effectively, the management must have been advised to spread the payment over a period of months so that their OPEX will not be too alarming in a particular month.

Let me give you an example.
Assuming NNPC made a sales of #1M in July when they started the payment of Transport Fee and the whole transport fee to be paid is 400k.

Note that NNPC have other expenses to meet. E.g Salaries of workers, maintenance of their facilities, Utility bills and other expenses I can't mention. Let's assume all these expenses equals to 500k.

This implies that if NNPC decides to meet all this expenses in July, I.e 400k + 500k = 900k

Then Profit of NNPC for July will be ( 1M- 900k) = 100k.

Therefore, a good financial adviser/analyst will advice NNPC thus:
The Payment of the Transport Fee for interviewees should be spread and be paid in Batches.
Let's say 100k should be paid per month. This means it will take four month to settle all the people interviewed.

Let now see how this will affect their profit in July:
100k will be paid as Transport Fee for interviewees and 500k will be paid for other expenses. All expenses for July Will now be 600k. Therefore the profit for July will be (1M - 600k) = 400k.
Going by this, you can see that a profit of 400k will speak well than Profit of 100k earlier reported when they pay all interviewees Transport Fee at once.

Other financial experts in this thread can attest to this as I drop my pen.

I salute all the Local men and women ooh!!!

One Love as we await our APL

Non seguitur. Any organisation can pay once, warehouse in its books without expensing. Then ammortise expenses over a period of time. Ammortization doesnt them from paying their creditors in full.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by andrewtosin(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jarus:

Next week is highly unlikely. If it was going to happen next week, there would have been heavy rumours and insider leaks by now.
which means September too is tentatively unlikely
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2019
tejiri4:

You not still answer why some people are paid in a particular date why some are not. Even if the tfare is split or in badges why not pay everyone for a particular date.
lol bro....

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by PHEMIEY(m): 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
tejiri4:

cheesy cheesy even top ogas don't even know
As in ehn!
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 5:18pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nawaoo03:

Your source���, he’s using “Am” instead of “I’m”, and “every things is stand still” is not grammatically correct. I doubt if this your source is working in NNPC.
I know someone will point this out, u ppl are still slaves nearly 60 years after independence. This very guy did a mock interview for me before i did mine, u will really be amazed by how he was able to recall his basic physics and chemistry more than 20 years after leaving secondary school, i had brilliant lecturers at ahmadu bello university that were far much more intelligent than u will ever be in your miserable life, but english was never their thing...if english is the measure of intelligence, nnpc wont have asked us current affairs gmats and other questions during our cbt, all the questions will have been based on english.
u really need to change your mentality, i really am offended by this your comment.

26 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by yungmin: 5:19pm On Sep 04, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

I tried scanning through to see if I could find McKinsey stated, but I was disappointed.

I'm angry at you mosgoon. How can you do this to me?

LOMS grin grin you no well grin cheesy
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 5:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

In beeam's voice: I have quoted you, oya come and beat me, big head [ grin grin

grin grin grin beam is now a gentleman grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RealisticJ: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
Biggerboi:

I know someone will point this out, u ppl are still slaves nearly 60 years after independence. This very guy did a mock interview for me before i did mine, u will really be amazed by how he was able to recall his basic physics and chemistry more than 20 years after leaving secondary school, i had brilliant lecturers at ahmadu bello university that were far much more intelligent than u will ever be in your miserable life, but english was never their thing...if english is the measure of intelligence, nnpc wont have asked us current affairs gmats and other questions during our cbt, all the questions will have been based on english.
u really need to change your mentality, i really am offended by this your comment.

This escalated quickly....bros calm down. Na talk him dey find and u just give am. Who measures intelligence by WhatsApp chat anyway.

PS: as regarding APL being 9/10, I don give my submission tey tey...I no get source so I no fit engage easymoney, u dont just come outside and give actual dates wen u are not Kyari. This recruitment so far as been shrouded in secrecy. Only few top bosses actually know what's going on.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 5:34pm On Sep 04, 2019
RealisticJ:

This escalated quickly....bros calm down. Na talk him dey find and u just give am. Who measures intelligence by WhatsApp chat anyway.

PS: as regarding APL being 9/10, I don give my submission tey tey...I no get source so I no fit engage easymoney, u dont just come outside and give actual dates wen u are not Kyari. This recruitment so far as been shrouded in secrecy. Only few top bosses actually know what's going on.
Lol i wasnt happy with d comment it was very disrespectful

5 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by furrr(m): 5:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
askotaks01:

The statement I am going to make will be more understood by an Accountant or Finance Professionals.

NNPC have the financial capability to pay the Transportation Fee of everybody that was interviewed at once.
But, in order to make their financial report look good and for the sake of managing their Operating Expenses (OPEX) effectively, the management must have been advised to spread the payment over a period of months so that their OPEX will not be too alarming in a particular month.

Assuming NNPC made a sales of #1M in July when they started the payment of Transport Fee and the whole transport fee to be paid is 400k.

Note that NNPC have other expenses to meet. E.g Salaries of workers, maintenance of their facilities, Utility bills and other expenses I can't mention. Let's assume all these expenses equals to 500k.

This implies that if NNPC decides to meet all this expenses in July, I.e 400k + 500k = 900k

The Payment of the Transport Fee for interviewees should be spread and be paid in Batches.
Let's say 100k should be paid per month. This means it will take four month to settle all the people interviewed.

100k will be paid as Transport Fee for interviewees and 500k will be paid for other expenses. All expenses for July Will now be 600k. Therefore the profit for July will be (1M - 600k) = 400k.
Going by this, you can see that a profit of 400k will speak well than Profit of 100k earlier reported when they pay all interviewees Transport Fee at once.

Sorry
This your analysis doesn't hold water at all
Maybe this might be true for small organisations...

For organisations of the calibre of nnpc
This shouldn't be a problem at all
First the recruitment expenses in its entirety is already included in NNPC budget. Therefore all expenses incidental to the process are well known and budgeted for.

And by the way recruitment expenses is an extraordinary expenses and should be indicated in the notes to the account...

Secondly what is the proportion of TF in the recruitment expenses

Let's assume:
9,000 went for the interview
And nnpc is paying 20k flat rate
That is 9,000×20,000= 180,000,000

Am sure even a billion Naira shouldn't be much of a problem
Cos after all this an organisations that deals in hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars daily

I doubt that's significant enough as to warrant nnpc to employ such cost control measures..

And finally assuming what u say is true
Your assertions still does not explain why NNPC payment is done at random.... cos someone we left the tower with and wrote our names on thesame sheet received TF and I haven't

Ps
Take what I say with a grain of salt
After all what do I know
grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 04, 2019
Biggerboi:

I agree with you.

Putting all these aside and upholding the chat content alone for a grammatical scrutiny , I think it's wrong to judge in that way based on that screenshot. Many extremely learned people type casually on platforms like whatsapp. Let's look at it objectively putting all your considerations aside

"Am not in this country" : Using am instead of I'm casually is very common. It's a common informal conversational slang or shortcut . I have chatted with a British girl that used it in some context.

"Every things is stand still" : I have made similar errors Iike this countless times on whatsapp/telegram due to typing fast. This is nothing to even pick a problem with. We type fast informally on such platforms and such mistakes are inevitable

Die / Due : same thing here, it's obvious he was typing fast and tried to correct it immediately as it could change the meaning of his statement leading to the error. Also evidenced by the same timestamp for each message

Amin : his language.

So I understand your anger at that criticism. Hopefully the critic sees things as it should be now

8 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Ladyjane5657(f): 5:40pm On Sep 04, 2019
LocalNietzsche:
May his soul rest in peace. Was he the tallest one in the amphitheatre?

I don't tink so...
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RealisticJ: 5:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
Biggerboi:

Lol i wasnt happy with d comment it was very disrespectful

It was evident in your post. At least you can Loms now, sorry lol grin grin grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
mosgoon:
I agree with you.

Putting all these aside and upholding the chat content alone for a grammatical scrutiny , I think it's wrong to judge in that way based on that screenshot. Many extremely learned people type casually on platforms like whatsapp. Let's look at it objectively putting all your considerations aside

"Am not in this country" : Using am instead of I'm casually is very common. It's a common informal conversational slang or shortcut . I have chatted with a British girl that used it in some context.

"Every things is stand still" : I have made similar errors Iike this countless times on whatsapp/telegram due to typing fast. This is nothing to even pick a problem with. We type fast informally on such platforms and such mistakes are inevitable

Die / Due : same thing here, it's obvious he was typing fast and tried to correct it immediately as it could change the meaning of his statement leading to the error. Also evidenced by the same timestamp for each message

So I understand your anger at that criticism. Hopefully the critic sees things as it should be now
Thanks for this analysis abeg
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Biggerboi: 5:46pm On Sep 04, 2019
RealisticJ:

It was evident in your post. At least you can Loms now, sorry lol grin grin grin
Loms grin grin
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by shobroy10(m): 5:48pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jarus:

Next week is highly unlikely. If it was going to happen next week, there would have been heavy rumours and insider leaks by now.
Good evening sir for the first time I will have to say something on this thread. I was the one u gave ur digit in Offa that morning at UBA ATM stand please am sorry to call u out like this but I missed ur digit mistakenly and couldn't reach out to u in anyway except like this please this is my Mail I will await ur message. Thank you sir. Abdurazaqayo@gmail.com
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Iyajelili(f): 5:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jarus:

My sources have also been evasive.

I don't think anything would happen until October.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 6:01pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iyajelili:

Local man is just tayad. This goal post keeps shifting, it is high time we tied both the goalpost and all NL players with their sauces down firmly on this Camp Nou ground. You all can't be playing Shaolin soccer with my mind.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by geektrovert: 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2019
Iyajelili:

Even if this is true, I think I align with the people giving us dates here.

If you analyse the trend, you will notice a certain calm after someone drops a date (whether true or false).

Let people keep giving us dates, from july ending, to 1st week of August, to 3rd week of August, to September 9/10. It's all good. cheesy. Having something to hold on to, is better than nothing. #DamageControl

One Love grin

26 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Kevlala: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
furrr:

Sorry
This your analysis doesn't hold water at all
Maybe this might be true for small organisations...

For organisations of the calibre of nnpc
This shouldn't be a problem at all
First the recruitment expenses in its entirety is already included in NNPC budget. Therefore all expenses incidental to the process are well known and budgeted for.

And by the way recruitment expenses is an extraordinary expenses and should be indicated in the notes to the account...

Secondly what is the proportion of TF in the recruitment expenses

Let's assume:
9,000 went for the interview
And nnpc is paying 20k flat rate
That is 9,000×20,000= 180,000,000

Am sure even a billion Naira shouldn't be much of a problem
Cos after all this an organisations that deals in hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars daily

I doubt that's significant enough as to warrant nnpc to employ such cost control measures..

And finally assuming what u say is true
Your assertions still does not explain why NNPC payment is done at random.... cos someone we left the tower with and wrote our names on thesame sheet received TF and I haven't

Ps
Take what I say with a grain of salt
After all what do I know
grin grin grin

bro u still have ur head intact. wish i cud pass u a cold heineken for the road

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by CSmooth: 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2019
Do you mean "school uniform badge"? tongue

tejiri4:

You not still answer why some people are paid in a particular date why some are not. Even if the tfare is split or in badges why not pay everyone for a particular date.

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by BenFlash: 6:07pm On Sep 04, 2019
CSmooth:

Lol, savage
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Bodylicious: 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
What exactly are you saying...But when the TF started rolling in no one expected it both insider and outsider...Why not we all wait if the letter shows on the 9 or 10th then fine if not pls wait...
Jarus:

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by furrr(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
Kevlala:

bro u still have ur head intact. wish i cud pass u a cold heineken for the road
I will hold you to that when we meet at the towers grin

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by xeforesansh(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
Good day!!!

The issue of APL is now turning towards a mysterious direction as all our sources I notice are evading us or giving us unreliable information. I just hope and pray that they don't play big brother naija on us. I am already tired and have decided going forward not to contact any body again except God in prayers. May we succeed, amen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by RealisticJ: 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2019
CSmooth:

Chai...so many professors here....maybe na pidgin I go dey relate with here to avoid see finish grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by stevie55(m): 6:14pm On Sep 04, 2019
mosgoon:
4 serious looking sources. Two says nothing definitely happening next week. Other two says APL dispatching next week. Funny lol. Two out of the four sources are intentionally playing with people here. Next week would tell. What a thread smiley

You sound like Peter Drury, Jim Beglin and Jon Champion at once. grin

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 6:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
mosgoon:
I agree with you.

No mckinsey no party...

Bring back our mck pls

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2019
mosgoon:
I agree with you.

The whatsapp message looks credible.
Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by number5(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
Jarus:

My sources have also been evasive.

I wouldn't blame anyone evading you at this stage..

They must have been warned not to leak sensitive info,

Seeing that this your very source saw an info he gave you here (as confirmed by you) he might not want to let you in even though he respects and values your interest

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Teaser4(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Biggerboi:

I was gonna react to that too...but in the spirit of minding my business, I chill for you make you react first, so I fit pass my comments. its funny sha, we gat lots of English professors here, who are quick to condemn or notice blunders... I hope Una English dey put good meal on your table and paying the bills regularly, if you dey earn peanuts per month with you English wetin yu gain.... life doesn't revolve around good grammar, some be acting like fvcking undergraduates, in real life nobody give a fvck about your good grammar...a funny scenario happened earlier today, some bunch of jobless folks spot blunder on zlatan's(an indigenous rapper)tweet , he replied on another post how some graduates dey beg for giveaway on his timeline... If you sabi good English good for you, abeg leave others wey no sabi or folks wey no like stress, I no believe anyone here no sabi basic English, I remember most of our lecturers back then in college wetin concern dem...y'all need to grow up and ignore some things wey no dey relevant, what shall it profit yu, upon your good grammar and apl still no locate yu and yu return to your 100k job. Dey here dey catch blunder like say Una lives depends on it...e go clear for Una face soon... poverty is real.

PS: my words are like "petepete"(is like wen jump inside mud), anybody wey e hit make e be guided. make una insult-quote me I go curse you instantly ni, good riddance

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire by Jarus(m): 6:25pm On Sep 04, 2019
askotaks01:

LOL

Farmer accounting grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1843) (Reply)

Monthly Net Salary Of Federal Government Ministries,departaments, Agencies And P

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.