Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

God Did Not Create The Universe - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Did Not Create The Universe (3635 Views)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Jenwitemi(m): 1:26pm On Sep 04, 2010
Mad_Max:

I had to stop at the Matrix conspiracy theory though. I don't get that part.
What conspiracy theory is that? I don't think  i mentioned anything about any conspiracy theory.

Mad_Max:

There's a civilisation that created this universe? Do you mean that in the 'Lobsang Rampa: The Hermit' sense? How did you arrive at this?  
My arrival at this is based on different things that i have either witnessed or heard about or read about. Take a closer look at the present state of human computer graphics technology and how incredibly rapid it is evolving, mad_max. How long do you think it is going to take us before we create a whole universe saved and running on some hard drive or on a server somewhere?

Have you seen the present state of the art computer graphics, the video games, the CGIs used by hollywood and how more and more photorealistic the images are becoming? Now, we are going deeper and deeper into photorealistic 3D imagery in super high resolutions. Very soon we will not be able to distinguish between what's real and what is CGI. The automobile world has almost achieve that now as they keep using CGI originated images of cars in their commercials that can hardly be distinguished from the real ones.

The video games themselves are becoming more and more interactive with interfaces getting closer and closer to the human users. Very soon, the game controls and the screens will be integrated into the gamers' bodies, and then we will have computer games being played in one's head, a 100% total immersion. Now couple that with interactivity through computer generated electrical sensory signals sent to and received from the gamers' 5 senses and memory suspension technology and , BANG, the gamers find themselves in a new world  that they think it is real. You think this is far out? No, it is not. The technology is already available waiting to be used. The movie industry is also moving very swiftly in that direction. Super high digital resolution movies, movies shot and projected in 3D, tactile special effects in the IMAX cinemas. Further down the road, in a few decades from now, the screen on which we watch movies will be inside our heads. You think i am talking nonsense? Just keep a close watch on the direction the computer and cinema worlds are heading and the way they are implementing new tecnologies. The end goal here, in my own view(which is fairly strong), is total 100% immersion in a  computer generated, 3D holographic, universe, as soon as we have enough computer processing power to do that. Such a world is what is referred to as a SIMULATION.

Now, if this is possible, which i think it is, then it is very very possible that we are already living in one such simulation right now. There is absolutely nothing that can disprove that possibility.

Is it not amazing that all things in the universe are made of the same atoms, just like all images in a digital world are made of the same 0s and 1s(bits). I do not believe that this is a mere coincidence, my dear.

Mad_Max:

Isn't that quite a leap from your previous theory; we are all pieces of God? We're like pods planted by an alien civilisation; complex computer programming. Really intriguing.
Not necessarily a great leap because we still have no concrete definition of what God really is. Everyone is just theorizing and that includes the religious folks who all have their own theories of what the creator is. Everybody is theorizing, and i am doing the same thing. It is absolutely great to play around with these theories, instead of looking for all the answers from one single source. That is never going to happen. I like my momentary theories, though. I am sure they will be updated in the future as the search continues.

Mad_Max:

Isn't it all just semantics though? Replacing 'illusion' with another word, something spacy and upbeat and sexy; 'computer program'? Is that essentially what 'getting with the 21st century gig' means? A new slang for old concepts? Are you really saying something new here? Whatever it is, it's interesting.
This is all about changing the way we see our world in the new times. The way we still see the universe is still based on old paradigms that are no longer relevant to us today. Look at religious theories about the universe and it's creator, it is all about old school semantics. That could be understood as part of the journey of evolution that humanity is going through now as a whole. Paradigms will come and go, and new paradigms will be formed to fit each era. A voyeuristic God with a beard , who lives in the sky, has an enmy which he created himself and watches human activity all they long, less relevant today.

Mad_Max:

Are you really saying something new here? Whatever it is, it's interesting.
Mad_max, this is nothing new. It only new to the mainstream public. Science have known of this for decades.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Jenwitemi(m): 2:18pm On Sep 04, 2010
Aren't we being pretty presumptuous? When did i ever say that my theories have any close resemblance to religion? My theories are just that, theories. They are not religious in any way. Besides, theories are just that, theories. They are meant to be updated as soon as better data surfaces.
Secondly, i did not talk about alien origin. For all we know, humans like us, who are vastly more advanced than we are could be behind this. Here goes those semantics game again. I can't elaborate on anything becauser i still do not have enough data to make any concrete conclusions. I am not a religious person, or atheists who pretend to know enough to prove or disprove what they know too little of. But i will tell you this much, the old views of the world, atheist or religious, are pants. They are no longer tenable.
Mad_Max:

Seriously, though, you might consider elaborating on the alien origin of the universe theory. It's genuinely interesting. How should one take it, though, coming from you; since you say now you'll be changing religious theories like clothing.

Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by MadMax1(f): 6:09pm On Sep 04, 2010
Interesting. Sorry about the presumption, lol. I thought you said something about changing beliefs to suit whatever's currently fashionable or something. I know a bit about the movie and game world since I'm a bit of a games freak (Long live MGS. Long live the king.) And simulation software is already being used, from pilot training to military strategising. So from the advances in these technology comes the extrapolation that the whole world, the universe itself, is one giant simulation. Like The Matrix na. You've seen the movie featuring Reeves and Fishbourne and Moss, yes? It pretty well sums up your theory.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Jenwitemi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2010
Mad_Max:

Interesting. Sorry about the presumption, lol. I thought you said something about changing beliefs to suit whatever's currently fashionable or something. 
Mad_Max, it is much better not to have a fixed belief. Without such fixed beliefs, you are armed with the kind of flexibility of the mind necessary to assimilate and process new incoming data without some socially induced indoctrination programmes called "beliefs" hindering you. Both theists(religious people) and atheists alike are seriously laboring under such indoctrination programmes which keep them from looking at the world around them from a much wider perspective. They have allowed themselves to be locked tightly in their little boxes and can't see anything beyond.

BTW, apologies accepted.

Mad_Max:

So from the advances in these technology comes the extrapolation that the whole world, the universe itself, is one giant simulation.
It does not even have to be giant. The socalled "size" of the universe is nothing more than mind construct, just like time is. The space is just as real as the the one you see in video games.

Here is the trick, the universe is only as big as the world within your view each and every moment, depending on where you are and whom you are with. It does not have to be bigger. Every computer 3D graphic artist will be very aware of this principle because they use it in their graphic works everyday. What is observed from the perspective of each observer, each moment, is the only thing in existence at that very moment.

Mad_Max:

Like The Matrix na. You've seen the movie featuring Reeves and Fishbourne and Moss, yes?
Yes, i have seen the movie. The idea for the plot came from scientific studies(unrevealed to the general public,of course) that have been accumulated since the birth of quantum physics in early 20th century. This is not a pop thing, mad_max. This is an extremely important field of scientific research. So important, in fact, that most of the findings have been kept away from the general public until recently.
Movies have always been used to surreptitiously reveal truths about our world through fictionalized stories delivered via books or movies. Take the star trek for instance. That serial was started way back in the 60s but yet the characters were using communication devices that look like the communication devices that we've been holding in our hands since the 90s. A lot of truths are revealed through movies, believe me.

Mad_Max:

It pretty well sums up your theory.
Right. That's just about it, for now. You can dig more into it on your own, if you are interested in that field.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by MandingoII(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2010
There is no God

and jesus is a OLD FOLK tale

Yet, I understand you need COMFORT to deal with the pain of ordinary living, so u BELIEVE in HOPE for the future.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2010
^^save ur breath. No asked for ur view/opinion. Let ur conscience judge u
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 04, 2010
DISCIPLE: “Where can I find God?”

MASTER: “He’s right in front of you.”

DISCIPLE: “Then why do I fail to see him?”

MASTER: Why does the drunkard fail to see his home? Find out what it is that makes you drunk. To see you must be sober.”
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by MadMax1(f): 1:11am On Sep 05, 2010
Hmmm. This certainly clarifies things. Hawkings was merely arguing that a 'God of the Gaps' isn't necessary, and it isn't. Excerpt from an article from another thread. It made no sense for a scientist as smart as Hawkings to make such an absurd claim as 'God Did Not Create the Universe'. He said no such thing:

Hawking was accused of "missing the point" by colleagues at the University of Cambridge in England. "The 'god' that Stephen Hawking is trying to debunk is not the creator God of the Abrahamic faiths who really is the ultimate explanation for why there is something rather than nothing," said Denis Alexander, director of The Faraday Institute for Science and Religion. "Hawking's god is a god-of-the-gaps used to plug present gaps in our scientific knowledge.
"Science provides us with a wonderful narrative as to how [existence] may happen, but theology addresses the meaning of the narrative," he added.
Fraser Watts, an Anglican priest and Cambridge expert in the history of science, said that it's not the existence of the universe that proves the existence of God.
"A creator God provides a reasonable and credible explanation of why there is a universe, and ,  it is somewhat more likely that there is a God than that there is not. That view is not undermined by what Hawking has said."
Hawking's book -- as the title suggests -- is an attempt to answer "the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything," he wrote, quoting Douglas Adams' cult science fiction romp, "The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
His answer is "M-theory," which, he says, posits 11 space-time dimensions, "vibrating strings, ,  point particles, two-dimensional membranes, three-dimensional blobs and other objects that are more difficult to picture and occupy even more dimensions of space."
He doesn't explain much of that in the excerpt, which is the introduction to the book.
But he says he understands the feeling of the great English scientist Isaac Newton that God did "create" and "conserve" order in the universe.
It was the discovery of other solar systems outside our own in 1992 that undercut a key idea of Newton's -- that our world was so uniquely designed to be comfortable for human life that some divine creator must have been responsible.
But, Hawking argues, if there are untold numbers of planets in the galaxy, it's less remarkable that there's one with conditions for human life. And, indeed, he argues, any form of intelligent life that evolves anywhere will automatically find that it lives somewhere suitable for it.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by billydkidd: 8:52pm On Sep 05, 2010
People like Hawkings . . . . well, what can we say? There are a lot of people like him out there anyway. For these set of human beings, it is only when they are dead and buried will they realise that indeed God exists! The Yorubas call them ''A dan'run mo' to (A person that only knows the truth when he dies)
Testimonies abound everyday, e.g the incidences of good and evil, the miracles that we see everyday, dreams, sorcery, the invocation of spirits, visions and transfigurations etc, etc.

A man dies and is medically certified dead. A true prophet comes along, says a prayer then places his hand on the man and the man rises, comes back to life. How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

A woman has been medically certified to be incapable of giving birth and so has been childless for 15 or more years. A true prophet comes along, prays to God and asks her to fast for some days. Within the next 30 days, the woman conceives for the 1st time ever and later delivers a baby. How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

A mad man tormented by demons (invisible evil spirits) for many years wanders around naked, shouting and hallucinating. A true prophet of God sees him, prays and commands the spirits to leave him and enter the oceans. Immmediately, madness leaves the man and he comes to his senses.How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

The fact is, our world or the universe is made up of the PHYSICAL MATTER (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) & THE SPIRITUAL MATTER. The spiritual far supercedes and takes pre-eminence over the physical. Unlike the physical, the SPIRITUAL is amorphous,dimensionless, invisible and sublime. How then can the visible explain the invisible?

Indeed, what is Physics? Physics is the study of the fundamental qualities of energy and the properties of the non - living matter. So, how can a physicist, through his narrow prism of studying the 'dead' matter understand life itself, not to talk of the spiritual? Is it through his telescope or lens that he will see the spirits? Stephen Hawking is nothing, but a huge joke!

But let us look at the life of Stephen Hawking himself, the great physicist who 'understands' the universe: This is a man that has been atrophied from birth, that is, the parts of his body has been wasting away one by one since he was 20 years old. He currently cannot speak and so has to use artificial synthesisers to converts his thoughts to speech on the computer screen. See, a physician that has been unable to remove the log from his own eyes, now trying to remove the log from other people's eyes.

But God has said it all, except that we will NEVER listen. God said, we should never seek His mystery, but that we should always strive to seek His face.

If only Stephen Hawking can (for once) repent and seek the face of God, then and only then will he (truly) understand the UNIVERSE & ITS CREATOR, THE SUPREME GOD - THE GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by philip0906(m): 9:18pm On Sep 05, 2010
I have read loads of theories on d creation of the universe by different atheists,I can only point out something-confusion and contradiction.Each of 'em contradict one another,so Hawkins is just amongst one of 'em.Prolly next year,another theory will be out 2 disprove God but like has always been d case,all will amount 2 futility. . .Atheists?I pity them
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by philip0906(m): 9:20pm On Sep 05, 2010
billydkidd:

People like Hawkings . . . . well, what can we say? There are a lot of people like him out there anyway. For these set of human beings, it is only when they are dead and buried will they realise that indeed God exists! The Yorubas call them ''A dan'run mo' to (A person that only knows the truth when he dies)
Testimonies abound everyday, e.g the incidences of good and evil, the miracles that we see everyday, dreams, sorcery, the invocation of spirits, visions and transfigurations etc, etc.

A man dies and is medically certified dead. A true prophet comes along, says a prayer then places his hand on the man and the man rises, comes back to life. How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

A woman has been medically certified to be incapable of giving birth and so has been childless for 15 or more years. A true prophet comes along, prays to God and asks her to fast for some days. Within the next 30 days, the woman conceives for the 1st time ever and later delivers a baby. How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

A mad man tormented by demons (invisible evil spirits) for many years wanders around unclothed, shouting and hallucinating. A true prophet of God sees him, prays and commands the spirits to leave him and enter the oceans. Immmediately, madness leaves the man and he comes to his senses.How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

The fact is, our world or the universe is made up of the PHYSICAL MATTER (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) & THE SPIRITUAL MATTER. The spiritual far supercedes and takes pre-eminence over the physical. Unlike the physical, the SPIRITUAL is amorphous,dimensionless, invisible and sublime. How then can the visible explain the invisible?

Indeed, what is Physics? Physics is the study of the fundamental qualities of energy and the properties of the non - living matter. So, how can a physicist, through his narrow prism of studying the 'dead' matter understand life itself, not to talk of the spiritual? Is it through his telescope or lens that he will see the spirits? Stephen Hawking is nothing, but a huge joke!

But let us look at the life of Stephen Hawking himself, the great physicist who 'understands' the universe: This is a man that has been atrophied from birth, that is, the parts of his body has been wasting away one by one since he was 20 years old. He currently cannot speak and so has to use artificial synthesisers to converts his thoughts to speech on the computer screen. See, a physician that has been unable to remove the log from his own eyes, now trying to remove the log from other people's eyes.

But God has said it all, except that we will NEVER listen. God said, we should never seek His mystery, but that we should always strive to seek His face.

If only Stephen Hawking can (for once) repent and seek the face of God, then and only then will he (truly) understand the UNIVERSE & ITS CREATOR, THE SUPREME GOD - THE GOD OF YESTERDAY, TODAY & FOREVER.

some would tell u its d "Nature of order" grin grin confused souls
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Enigma(m): 10:11pm On Sep 05, 2010
One interesting response: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1308599/Stephen-Hawking-wrong-You-explain-universe-God.html

Extract
For years, other scientists have made similar claims, maintaining that the awesome, sophisticated creativity of the world around us can be interpreted solely by reference to physical laws such as gravity.

It is a simplistic approach, yet in our secular age it is one that seems to have resonance with a sceptical public.

But, as both a scientist and a Christian, I would say that Hawking's claim is misguided. He asks us to choose between God and the laws of physics, as if they were necessarily in mutual conflict.

But contrary to what Hawking claims, physical laws can never provide a complete explanation of the universe. Laws themselves do not create anything, they are merely a description of what happens under certain conditions.

What Hawking appears to have done is to confuse law with agency. His call on us to choose between God and physics is a bit like someone demanding that we choose between aeronautical engineer Sir Frank Whittle and the laws of physics to explain the jet engine.

That is a confusion of category. The laws of physics can explain how the jet engine works, but someone had to build the thing, put in the fuel and start it up. The jet could not have been created without the laws of physics on their own  -  but the task of development and creation needed the genius of Whittle as its agent.

Similarly, the laws of physics could never have actually built the universe. Some agency must have been involved.

To use a simple analogy, Isaac Newton's laws of motion in themselves never sent a snooker ball racing across the green baize. That can only be done by people using a snooker cue and the actions of their own arms.

Hawking's argument appears to me even more illogical when he says the existence of gravity means the creation of the universe was inevitable. But how did gravity exist in the first place? Who put it there? And what was the creative force behind its birth?

Similarly, when Hawking argues, in support of his theory of spontaneous creation, that it was only necessary for 'the blue touch paper' to be lit to 'set the universe going', the question must be: where did this blue touch paper come from? And who lit it, if not God?

Much of the rationale behind Hawking's argument lies in the idea that there is a deep-seated conflict between science and religion. But this is not a discord I recognise.

For me, as a Christian believer, the beauty of the scientific laws only reinforces my faith in an intelligent, divine creative force at work. The more I understand science, the more I believe in God because of my wonder at the breadth, sophistication and integrity of his creation.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Enigma(m): 10:22pm On Sep 05, 2010
Further extract from http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1308599/Stephen-Hawking-wrong-You-explain-universe-God.html

The very reason science flourished so vigorously in the 16th and 17th centuries was precisely because of the belief that the laws of nature which were then being discovered and defined reflected the influence of a divine law-giver.

One of the fundamental themes of Christianity is that the universe was built according to a rational , intelligent design. Far from being at odds with science, the Christian faith actually makes perfect scientific sense.

Some years ago, the scientist Joseph Needham made an epic study of technological development in China. He wanted to find out why China, for all its early gifts of innovation, had fallen so far behind Europe in the advancement of science.

He reluctantly came to the conclusion that European science had been spurred on by the widespread belief in a rational creative force, known as God, which made all scientific laws comprehensible.

Despite this, Hawking, like so many other critics of religion, wants us to believe we are nothing but a random collection of molecules, the end product of a mindless process.

This, if true, would undermine the very rationality we need to study science. If the brain were really the result of an unguided process, then there is no reason to believe in its capacity to tell us the truth.

We live in an information age. When we see a few letters of the alphabet spelling our name in the sand, our immediate response is to recognise the work of an intelligent agent. How much more likely, then, is an intelligent creator behind the human DNA, the colossal biological database that contains no fewer than 3.5 billion 'letters'?

It is fascinating that Hawking, in attacking religion, feels compelled to put so much emphasis on the Big Bang theory. Because, even if the non-believers don't like it, the Big Bang fits in exactly with the Christian narrative of creation.

That is why, before the Big Bang gained currency, so many scientists were keen to dismiss it, since it seemed to support the Bible story. Some clung to Aristotle's view of the 'eternal universe' without beginning or end; but this theory, and later variants of it, are now deeply discredited.

But support for the existence of God moves far beyond the realm of science. Within the Christian faith, there is also the powerful evidence that God revealed himself to mankind through Jesus Christ two millennia ago. This is well-documented not just in the scriptures and other testimony but also in a wealth of archaeological findings.

And

Hawking also thinks that the potential existence of other lifeforms in the universe undermines the traditional religious conviction that we are living on a unique, God-created planet. But there is no proof that other lifeforms are out there, and Hawking certainly does not present any.

It always amuses me that atheists often argue for the existence of extra-terrestrial intelligence beyond earth. Yet they are only too eager to denounce the possibility that we already have a vast, intelligent being out there: God.

Hawking's new fusillade cannot shake the foundations of a faith that is based on evidence.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by vescucci(m): 10:31pm On Sep 05, 2010
Seriously, I'm confused why Hawkings' submissions are causing so much debate, counter debate, reassurances, dismissals etc. Is he supposed to be some kind of final resort? Given, Hawkings is a profoundly brilliant man but he is still just a man. Everybody is scampering to be on his side or on the one opposite him. What the hell? It's a little irritating
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by philip0906(m): 10:39pm On Sep 05, 2010
Just finished checking out a picture gallery of the Hawking man,all I can do is shake my head in absolute pity 4 such a confused and tormented soul
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2010
I shook my head in pity of Hawking. He can talk with his mouth.Even with his specs, he looks ugly&paralyzed. I pity the man. He wants attention&he has gotten it
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by vescucci(m): 1:17am On Sep 06, 2010
His physical condition detracts not one jot from his mental prowess. If anything, it sharpens and enhances it and this mental prowess is what should concern us. I don't think he wants or needs anyone's pity; attention, of course. Who doesn't? His physical condition is a sort of a non sequitur. Leave it alone
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 06, 2010
Human have some egos. Someone talks to u whilst not looking at the person. The words strikes u&all of a sudden u say to ur self 'let me see WTH is addressing' u turn back,the first thing is the physical appearance from head to toe that gets ur attention.A normal person who sees hawking in such merciless situation should feel pity for him. MO
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by aletheia(m): 2:18am On Sep 06, 2010
vescucci:

. . .Hawkings is a profoundly brilliant man but he is still just a man.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by mazaje(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2010
See the ridiculous and delusional hypocrisy that is on display here, some people here are busy saying that Hawkings is only a man so he has no authority on anything when it comes to the knowledge of the creation of the universe which I believe is true, but the same people also believe the words of unknown primitive men who said that their God created the earth with plants and water in it before the sun and the other stars, how ridiculous can that be? Hawkings is a man, yes, but so are all the writers of the bible and their lies, no?
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by mazaje(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2010
billydkidd:

Testimonies or LIES, Can you put your money where you mouth is?

I want you to tell us the name of the man, how long he died, name of the hospital that declared him dead and the name of the so called man of God that brought him back to life. . . . .

Name of woman and her medical records will do, blind assertions means you are telling lies, no?. . . . .

A mad man tormented by demons (invisible evil spirits) for many years wanders around unclothed, shouting and hallucinating. A true prophet of God sees him, prays and commands the spirits to leave him and enter the oceans. Immmediately, madness leaves the man and he comes to his senses.How will a Hawking explain this? I reckon he will say 'LUCKY COINCIDENCE.'

Name of the mad man that was tormented by the mythical evil spirits and evidence to show that he was on the streets for many years will do. . . .

You are just regurgitating stuffs you don't even know, WHAT is the spiritual matter? Your evidence to show that there is spiritual matter other than your delusional beliefs is WHAT?. . . . . . .

ACTUALLY the HUGE JOKE is you who keeps asserting stuffs you can NOT provide any evidence for? Your evidence for any spiritual entity creating the Universe is WHAT? Absence of evidence s evidence of absences. . . . ,

What is this?. . . . . . . .

When did any God say that? Unless if you are saying that the writers of the bible who are men are your God. . . . . . .Saying that God said without providing the God that says so means you are lying, no? God says is nothing other than I want you to believe me. . . . .

A simple reading of the bible says that the God it talks about evolved a lot of times and has never been the same. . . . .Have you ever seen the face of God? How does it look like?
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by philip0906(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2010
Mazaje in d house again with his usual "half-baked" questions and "illogical" assumptions. . .u like going round d corner 2 make your points.billydkidd,made some real good points,dat can be asserted by many,including me.All u have 2 do,is go c how true,not sending errands or trying d "feeding bottle" style.
A simple reading of the bible says that the God it talks about evolved a lot of times and has never been the same. . . . .Have you ever seen the face of God? How does it look like?
I have never seen God,but billions have felt him and felt his presence.Have u ever felt d "big bang" not 2 talk of seeing it?what stops d big bang 4rm occuring 2day,since it is a random thing?just like your cohorts told us we evolved 4rm monkeys,yet monkeys have gone extinct and so cannot evolve again?
When did any God say that? Unless if you are saying that the writers of the bible who are men are your God. . . . . . .Saying that God said without providing the God that says so means you are lying, no? God says is nothing other than I want you to believe me. . . .  .
But u believe stephen hawking assumptions?u believe d inconsistencies dat science gives?
ACTUALLY the HUGE JOKE is you who keeps asserting stuffs you can NOT provide any evidence for? Your evidence for any spiritual entity creating the Universe is WHAT? Absence of evidence s evidence of absences. . . . ,

and what evidences have your cohorts provided?all d so-called assumptions contradict themselves,even stephen hawking has contradicted himself
You are just regurgitating stuffs you don't even know, WHAT is the spiritual matter? Your evidence to show that there is spiritual matter other than your delusional beliefs is WHAT?. . . . . . .
and your evidence 2 show there is no spiritual matter is what?2billion plus people including me,know and have felt it that there is a spiritual matter,so how d'u disprove it?
Name of woman and her medical records will do, blind assertions means you are telling lies, no?. . . . .
typical u.look around u,u'll c,cos I have seen hundreds of similar cases with my own eyes,even here on nland and on d journals.
I want you to tell us the name of the man, how long he died, name of the hospital that declared him dead and the name of the so called man of God that brought him back to life. . . . .
dats what u do best,sending people on errands.U have google with u,u could simply check it up.Infact,u might not c this particular one,but numeerous others,in nigeria and beyond wink
Testimonies or LIES, Can you put your money where you mouth is?
2 u its a lie,but 2 us we have felt it and seen in with our own very eyes. . .your being alive 2day,is your own testimony and not a lie wink
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by mazaje(m): 9:03am On Sep 06, 2010
philip0906:

Mazaje in d house again with his usual "half-baked" questions and "illogical" assumptions. . .u like going round d corner 2 make your points.billydkidd,made some real good points,dat can be asserted by many,including me.All u have 2 do,is go c how true,not sending errands or trying d "feeding bottle" style.

Billdkidd made no point at all. . . . . . .He just came around saying things that are NOT true. . . . . .

I have never seen God,but billions have felt him and felt his presence.Have u ever felt d "big bang" not 2 talk of seeing it?what stops d big bang 4rm occuring 2day,since it is a random thing?just like your cohorts told us we evolved 4rm monkeys,yet monkeys have gone extinct and so cannot evolve again?

What is this?. . . .You claim you have never seen God, and I know you have never heard from any God, you ONLY believe because you have been made to believe, no body has ever come into this world with the automatic knowledge of any God, people have to be thought about the version of God that is been acceptable in their society or culture. . . . .Feeling God is all in your head just as many have felt aliens and have been abducted by aliens. . . . .Muslims feel Allah just as Hindus feel their own Hindu Gods ,no?. . . .By the way you don't even know anything about evolution because LOT of Christians believe in evolution go figure. . . . . .Now there are people that label themselves as theistic evolutionist. . . .

But u believe stephen hawking assumptions?u believe d inconsistencies dat science gives?

At least science has never claimed to be all knowing, but you believe in the words of man that have been shown to be false so many times who claim that they have some special knowledge from some unknown all knowing deity, no?

and what evidences have your cohorts provided?all d so-called assumptions contradict themselves,even stephen hawking has contradicted himselfand your evidence 2 show there is no spiritual matter is what?2billion plus people including me,know and have felt it that there is a spiritual matter,so how d'u disprove it?

So your evidence for spiritual matter is what you feel and what you believe?. . . .More than 4 billion people do not believe in your spiritual matter or the version of your spiritual matter hypothesis, so if we are to go with numbers it means you are on the wrong side, no?

typical u.look around u,u'll c,cos I have seen hundreds of similar cases with my own eyes,even here on nland and on d journals.

Why is it so hard for you? Just tell me the name of the person and the adress s that we can verify and know that you are NOT lying? People are known for always telling lies on behalf of their Gods and religion all the time, so i Just want to know if you are not lying, which is what most of you guys d ALL the time. . . . .(fake miracles and all)

dats what u do best,sending people on errands.U have google with u,u could simply check it up.Infact,u might not c this particular one,but numeerous others,in nigeria and beyond wink2 u its a lie,but 2 us we have felt it and seen in with our own very eyes. . .your being alive 2day,is your own testimony and not a lie ;

My friend stop telling lies, do you have any verifiable evidence for any of your assertions, yes or no?
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 06, 2010
THE LITTLE FISH >>>

LITTLE FISH (in the ocean): “Excuse me, you are older than I, so can you tell me where to find [/b]this thing they call the [b]ocean?”

BIG FISH: “The ocean [/b]is the thing you are in [b]now.”

LITTLE FISH: “Oh, this? But this is water. What I’m seeking is the ocean

Stop searching, little fish. There isn’t anything to look FOR. All you have to do is REALLY OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by philip0906(m): 9:55am On Sep 06, 2010
Billdkidd made no point at all. . . . . . .He just came around saying things that are NOT true. . . . . .
says you
What is this?. . . .You claim you have never seen God, and I know you have never heard from any God, you ONLY believe because you have been made to believe, no body has ever come into this world with the automatic knowledge of any God, people have to be thought about the version of God that is been acceptable in their society or culture. . . . .Feeling God is all in your head just as many have felt aliens and have been abducted by aliens. . . . .Muslims feel Allah just as Hindus feel their own Hindu Gods ,no?. . . .By the way you don't even know anything about evolution because  LOT of Christians believe in evolution go figure. . . . . .Now there are people that label themselves as theistic evolutionist. . . .
u r now speaking 4 me?feeling God ain't in my head broda,if u haven't felt God,I have personally felt him right 4rm d age of 5,so don't teach me anything.Its u atheists dat feel whatever in ur "heads" grin grin
At least science has never claimed to be all knowing, but you believe in the words of man that have been shown to be false so many times who claim that they have some special knowledge from some unknown all knowing deity, no?
I love dat bolded part.It goes 2 show how "confused" u atheists can be.Go and read about all atheists,scientists,u'll get d drift.NO one has proved dat God does not exist. . .There r lots of archeological evidences on ground 2 show that those "men" were not writing stories. . .u doubt it?then I'll simply refer u 2 d other thread,or I could put 'em up 4 u here and even more since u love sending errands grin
So your evidence for spiritual matter is what you feel and what you believe?. . . .More than 4 billion people do not believe in your spiritual matter or the version of your spiritual matter hypothesis, so if we are to go with numbers it means you are on the wrong side, no?
U r wrong man. . .muslims,hindus believe in "spiritual matters" not 2 talk of Christians,so add up d population of all these and u r damn wrong.I wonder where u get ur stats 4rm.From ur "brain" I guess grin
My friend stop telling lies, do you have any verifiable evidence for any of your assertions, yes or no?
Don't push me around man. . .I have simply told u what 2 do wink
Why is it so hard for you? Just tell me the name of the person and the adress s that we can verify and know that you are NOT lying? People are known for always telling lies on behalf of their Gods and religion all the time, so i Just want to know if you are not lying, which is what most of you guys d ALL the time. . . . .(fake miracles and all)
I have met ur type b4. . .I googled something about atheists yesterday and I was refered 2 a site (cbs I guess) where a woman and her baby in d U.S had a miraculous "recovery" after being certified "dead". . .Now I'm telling u this,2 simply show u dat evidences abound,but if u want me 2 tell u d street number and flat number of d person billydkid was talking of,I won't be pushed around by "atheists",never. . .I have my own evidences and I have given u an example wink
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by aletheia(m): 5:10pm On Sep 06, 2010
aletheia:

. . .Hawkings is a profoundly brilliant man but he is still just a man.

mazaje:

. . .Hawkings is only a man so he has no authority on anything when it comes to the knowledge of the creation of the universe. . .
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by vescucci(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2010
Lol. You should work for CNN
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Jenwitemi(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2010
With the eyes of the little fish opened wide, it will see the ocean, alright. As long as the little fish does not put on the goggle of religion to see through. wink
imhotep:

THE LITTLE FISH >>>

LITTLE FISH (in the ocean): “Excuse me, you are older than I, so can you tell me where to find [/b]this thing they call the [b]ocean?”

BIG FISH: “The ocean [/b]is the thing you are in [b]now.”

LITTLE FISH: “Oh, this? But this is water. What I’m seeking is the ocean

Stop searching, little fish. There isn’t anything to look FOR. All you have to do is REALLY OPEN YOUR EYES AND LOOK.

Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2010
Jenwitemi:

With the eyes of the little fish opened wide, it will see the ocean, alright. As long as the little fish does not put on the goggle of religion to see through. wink

. . . Or the dark googles of atheism (like Mr Hawkings) that makes one make definitive comments about a Universe that has not been fully understood.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Jenwitemi(m): 6:37pm On Sep 06, 2010
They are all dark goggles, imhotep. As long as one sits tight in a box - whatever that box may be, religious or atheist - the goggle will always be dark and nothing will be seen.
imhotep:

. . . Or the dark googles of atheism (like Mr Hawkings) that makes one make definitive comments about a Universe that has not been fully understood.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 06, 2010
Jenwitemi:

They are all dark goggles, imhotep. As long as one sits tight in a box - whatever that box may be, religious or atheist - the goggle will always be dark and nothing will be seen.
. . . but some goggles are [b]darker [/b]than others . . .much much darker. . .
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe by vescucci(m): 6:50pm On Sep 06, 2010
I believe it's your turn now, Jenwitemi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) / Christian Forum / The Flesh Profiteth Nothing!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.