Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (35553 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2019
It depends, lets not be quick to say 12...18...24. All fingers are not, some people have it faster than others.

Also the motive for moving out matters, for lots of youths, they will tell you "freedom". What that means differs amongst individuals.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Yello1(m): 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2019
Didnt stay a week after nysc despite d persuasion to stay. Bros/sis i ran oo i hate been fed at that age and i love my space but i visit constantly shaa. And tht was at age 22-23. It hasnt Been easy all through but it hasnt been bad neither. I am happy i took that decision.

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 7:32pm On Mar 15, 2019
Akalia:
When I hear such arrogant utterance from people my heart sinks. Do you think you are the most hard working man on earth and that's why you are successful?

There are people out there that best you in the areas where your strengths lie but yet they may not be at par with you socially.

Please never you brag about your success and never you look down on anyone still facing social struggles . There is no mate in destiny ; life revolves around time and chance. Ecclesiastes 9:11.
I wanted to remind him of the part of bible that says: it's not of him that willeth... But I thought he's not a Christian
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Martinez39(m): 7:33pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
bro it's hard work and smart work. We not successful by chance or by mercy or by god or Satan. Lottery winners and people that inherited cash and properties exempted
Don't mind that dingbat. If you are born in a rich family, it means your parents worked for it. Where were their parents? Is it your fault that you were born in a good family? Don't pay him attention. Success is hard work even when luck is involved.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Akalia(m): 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
bro it's hard work and smart work. We not successful by chance or by mercy or by god or Satan. Lottery winners and people that inherited cash and properties exempted
you are relatively naive if you think smart/hardwirk alone determined success. Factor in timeline which varies from individual to individual and I will give you a pat on the back.

You may have made it earlier than some of your age grade and vice versa who are also working hard and smart. Now does that mean they are indolent or lack vision. You are yet to grasp my fundamental point. I agree that success is not by chance ; I also put it to you that grace plays a big role in making success happen. If you don't need grace of GOD to succeed then why do you pray, except you are an atheist.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by okeniti: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
I would say from when child (irrespective of gender) can financially stand on their own two feet. By this I mean make enough to pay for accomodation, bills/living costs, saving/investing and leisure ALONE, without having to ask for handouts/borrow me from family. I would add mentally able to cope without parents too. This can be 18, this can be 27. At home at 30 is against my personal fundamentals.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by dkronicle(m): 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
its not mercy it's hard work And smart work. U Christians are annoying
watin concern Christianity ode.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
Move and go where?. If robbery yakpa now, na wuna go dey shout everywhere "arm robbers, armed robbers".

9ja no be U.S.A, so thread carefully and use ur head not ur ego.

The main thing as parents is to train ur child in the way he/she should go so as not to depart from it when they get old.

Moving out doesn't guarantee success especially here in 9ja. Regardless of where your are, all you need to do is work hard n pray

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 7:39pm On Mar 15, 2019
Akalia:
you are relatively naive if you think smart/hardwirk alone determined success. Factor in timeline which varies from individual to individual and I will give you a pat on the back.

You may have made it earlier than some of your age grade and vice versa who are also working hard and smart. Now does that mean they are indolent or lack vision. You are yet to grasp my fundamental point. I agree that success is not by chance ; I also put it to you that grace plays a big role in making success happen. If you don't need grace of GOD to succeed then why do you pray, except you are an atheist.
bro, leave am o, everybody with their mindset... I believe in God's grace and mercy and it'll soon work for me, very very soon

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

Forget this people way want copy oyibo, I dey my papas house, eating his food comfortable, Not going anywhere till I get married. If anybody like, make he prove his manhood by moving out at 18 or 20, as for me, I think I go dey till late 20s, when hopefully I will get married & get a House less than two blocks from my mom cheesy , so I can visit them everyday after work

Some just one to fuvk and thier parents no go allow fornication, so they move out sharp sharp grin
guy u funny...i swear

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Alighoda2(m): 7:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:
On a more serious note

parents need to force their children out of the home once they graduate university, they also need to support them financially until they get their first job.

in life, we all need support to succeed.
very true we all need support ,but nowadays nobody want to support u,either u make it yourself or u die struggling

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by udomas(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:
On a more serious note

parents need to force their children out of the home once they graduate university, they also need to support them financially until they get their first job.

in life, we all need support to succeed.

It all depend on family background. For the rich, it's 100% possible. What about the poor?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by dkronicle(m): 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

Forget this people way want copy oyibo, I dey my papas house, eating his food comfortable, Not going anywhere till I get married. If anybody like, make he prove his manhood by moving out at 18 or 20, as for me, I think I go dey till late 20s, when hopefully I will get married & get a House less than two blocks from my mom cheesy , so I can visit them everyday after work

Some just one to fuvk and thier parents no go allow fornication, so they move out sharp sharp grin
Lols bros but e get this comfort wey dey outside parent house. Se u no go like know even d babe wey u go marry when she spend time with you for ur apartment. No be everything be fork. Hotel short time no pass 5k

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by mema900: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
latexxbro:

At most Upon Graduation from Uni you say because you go thief for Uni abi na business be your primary aim for Uni?? People and their mentality self..You didn't even say NYSC,So let's assume you graduated at 20yrs,You should Leave abi??

your type might still be with his parents at 30-35..

Who do you?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by TinaG(f): 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

hahahahahahaha. Na so oh

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
Alighoda2:
very true we all need support ,but nowadays nobody want to support u,either u make it yourself or u die struggling

i think that is why many people will not make it.

if you dont have a stepping stone to climb the ladder, how do you expect to reach the top of the ladder
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Chiefochiefo(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
It depends on the opportunity you have.
Everyone likes to leave and fed for him/herself and pay back to their parents weather rich nor poor. But since the opportunity is not there, what will you do? Pls no one should laugh anyone still leaving with the parents no matter the age, it's not his or her own intentions. One love!
....Chiefo....

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by joeydirisu(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
left my folks house at 18 rented my 1st house at 21 bought my 1st car at 25 now married with a child at 30 n running my business. Take d bull by d horn, start small n grow

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by BoboKush(m): 7:46pm On Mar 15, 2019
xpac01:
It all depends on individuals. I am 32 and still living in my parent's house. An employed graduate. I travel out a lot from town for a one job or the other. So no need paying for a house I won't stay more than six days in a month.

So, every one is cut out for different cases.

Abeg angryCome n link me... I just graduated

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
udomas:

It all depend on family background. For the rich, it's 100% possible. What about the poor?

squat with someone that is making it, then be ready to serve, use the opportunity to also find for job, be smart, learn, get your own thing going and then move out.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Alighoda2(m): 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:

i think that is why many people will not make it.

if you dont have a stepping stone to climb the ladder, how do you expect to reach the top of the ladder
but it is not good that way we should learn to help one another, that's the only way we can grow as a people
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by gonkin(m): 7:49pm On Mar 15, 2019
Left at 21,became independent at 25
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
Alighoda2:
but it is not good that way we should learn to help one another, that's the only way we can grow as a people

exactly.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by BoboKush(m): 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
SEXYBILLIONAIRE:
its not mercy it's hard work And smart work. U Christians are annoying
Hard work.. Smart work without grace is ntn bro
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by nkemdi89(f): 7:53pm On Mar 15, 2019
I left my parents house at 18 when I got a federal government job with my o level , trained myself through university and I clocked 30 today. For a lady if you are not employed or having something meaningful at hand, remain with your parents , because men would advantage of your staying alone. It takes a level of discipline to survive it.

17 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Melancho: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Most of you living away from your folks, still call them plus your uncles, aunts for money everytime. Becoming a bigger burden to them. Dingbats!

Living independently is different from living away from your parents.

8 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by abdulsemiu02(m): 8:01pm On Mar 15, 2019
I Hope you all know what it takes to settle down in Lagos. For we lagosians, It’s another case

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by tartar9(m): 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2019
The moment I can reliably fend for my self,I will run sad
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 15, 2019
dkronicle:

Lols bros but e get this comfort wey dey outside parent house. Se u no go like know even d babe wey u go marry when she spend time with you for ur apartment. No be everything be fork. Hotel short time no pass 5k

My guy pls let's be honest, Majority of people who comot from thier parents house usually, wanna have an apartment & bring girls to nack, All those talk of freedom Na bullshyt to justify their ego.

If for example ur parents are poor, that is Even more reason to stay with them, they fed you for decades & now YOU DON BECOME ADULT, you bring one shyt like move out, You be eating indomie & rice while ur parents dey soak akamu. Instead stay with them, Hustle & take over the freaking house bills, I ASSURE YOU, YOU WILL BE MORE BLESSED THAN ONE NIGGA WHO ABANDON THEM in order to prove he is man enough to live alone.

And I seriously frown upon young ladies moving out, NO MATTER HOW OLD PLEASE STAY WITH ur parents till marriage. Personally I look down upon single women who live alone, unless she's an orphan

9 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by SEXYBILLIONAIRE(m): 8:06pm On Mar 15, 2019
Martinez39:
Don't mind that dingbat. If you are born in a rich family, it means your parents worked for it. Where were their parents? Is it your fault that you were born in a good family? Don't pay him attention. Success is hard work even when luck is involved.
i don leave them na. Let them argue with their generator. They think dangote is richest Black man alive because of mercy and luck?

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Hoodbilonia: 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2019
If na du4ing pdp era
No time
See men dey take self con at age 21.
Rent flat 25
Build house 30.
But since apc buhari led regime
Oh bobs
U run comor from your popsi aous
Na die u dey be dat
Cuz everywhr hard

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Mom Is Missing / Sopha Denise Shares Her Love Story Online - PICS / Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.