Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? (35575 Views)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

Well different strokes for different people, As for me, I still dey him house grin

have fun
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2019
Gerrard59:

Scenario: A lady resides in Uyo with her folks, applies for a job and is required to move to Lagos (where she knows no one) to work. What should she do?

Take her younger brother with her when she settles, A young unmarried woman should not be living alone

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

Take her younger brother with her when she settles, A young unmarried woman should not be living alone

are you for real.

I guess you will be the one feeding the both of them.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:

have fun
I sure hope you ain't suffering from below, cause I also want you to have FUN grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

I sure hope you ain't suffering from below, cause I also want you to have FUN grin

oh, i see. From what i understand.

Comfort doesnt make a man.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 15, 2019
wetdick:

are you for real.

I guess you will be the one feeding the both of them.

This is just personal opinion woh, if she can take care of herself, be safe, that's her own cup of tea. As i look down on such women living alone, thousands more might like & admire them, So don't let my thoughts bother you
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by nkemdi89(f): 11:52pm On Mar 15, 2019
daben1:
do you still work there, sis?
Yes.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2019
Jiang:

This is just personal opinion woh, if she can take care of herself, be safe, that's her own cup of tea. As i look down on such women living alone, thousands more might like & admire them, So don't let my thoughts bother you

you are not the only guy that exist in this world. If you dont like a girl that lives alone, there are others that like girls living alone.

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by daben1(m): 12:04am On Mar 16, 2019
nkemdi89:

Yes.
can you link me, please?
I'm about rounding up my service

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 16, 2019
Nigerians and their politicians are fighting so hard to make sure that the average required age is 40 years instead of 18 years.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 12:46am On Mar 16, 2019
wetdick:

oh, i see. From what i understand.

Comfort doesnt make a man.

Just like how suffering only gives birth to frustrated men, It's better to be somewhere in between so you Can be A REAL MAN & NOT A FRUSTRATED or Lazy Man
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:

Just like how suffering only gives birth to frustrated men, It's better to be somewhere in between so you Can be A REAL MAN & NOT A FRUSTRATED or Lazy Man

and where did i imply the word suffering in what i wrote.

Does the lack of comfort means suffering.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Kirinwa: 3:36am On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:

My guy pls let's be honest, Majority of people who comot from thier parents house usually, wanna have an apartment & bring girls to nack, All those talk of freedom Na bullshyt to justify their ego.

If for example ur parents are poor, that is Even more reason to stay with them, they fed you for decades & now YOU DON BECOME ADULT, you bring one shyt like move out, You be eating indomie & rice while ur parents dey soak akamu. Instead stay with them, Hustle & take over the freaking house bills, I ASSURE YOU, YOU WILL BE MORE BLESSED THAN ONE NIGGA WHO ABANDON THEM in order to prove he is man enough to live alone.

And I seriously frown upon young ladies moving out, NO MATTER HOW OLD PLEASE STAY WITH ur parents till marriage. Personally I look down upon single women who live alone, unless she's an orphan

Even when she gets a job and her parents live in the village?
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by awoluyi(m): 4:49am On Mar 16, 2019
snrman:
So far ur parents don't complain ur good to go

YES, I agree with you and the ex-NYSC Corper too is not complaining about eating the food prepared by his/her mother and watching free programs on dstv/gotv. He may continue to stay with the parents until is told "O TO GĘ".
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by DonroxyII: 5:42am On Mar 16, 2019
Pavarottii:

But parent still supported u... Cos I don't see where u get money for ur Msc? ?
Nigga u sabi me before .... why can't u see ..
I started working @24 , mummy pay rent sha n I pay School fees Na cool.......
I can afford both but she volunteered cuz I can't afford her taste of a house and she won't allow what I can afford !!
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:48am On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:

Lol , she’s an adult she doesn’t need to be baby around ..

I’ve been living by myself for a little over 9 years now .
There’s no biggy

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Surrey2Bimshire: 6:50am On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:

Look down on an adult that’s fending for herself ?
Hmmm
Whatever floats your boat

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by airprinz(m): 6:50am On Mar 16, 2019
wetdick:

life is not easy for no one, instead of complaining, i rather do what is right for myself then after i will think about others. i didnt come to this world to come and help others, i came here to help myself first than after others but come to think of it, even if i had 1 naira and you were broke, i rather throw that 1 naira in a well than give it to you.
my friend shut the fvck up.
I'm working, staying by myself. I understand what it means to have a job that doesn't meet up your needs especially when staying alone, so I do go back to my parents sometimes for assistance. they are nice parents, they understand that.
So fvck boy, you can go to hell cos I don't need help from you.
People like you when you make it, Ladies won't let you remember those that groomed you or where you originate from.
We dey fvck, but e get limit. no be like you wey no get limit. idiot
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by joeydirisu(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2019
olanewton:

Nice one. What business are you doing bro?
a photographer n media media now
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 16, 2019
Surrey2Bimshire:

Look down on an adult that’s fending for herself ?
Hmmm
Whatever floats your boat

The problem is majority of such women engage in certain acts that will not ordinarily do so at home, I have seen so much of those women that I end up suspecting those who live alone. Even those that I was thinking are different, proved otherwise.

But if any honest babe thinks otherwise, then am sorry, Like I said earlier there are thousands of men who don't feel that way & so much admire those kind of ladies. But after what I have seen I will advise against a young woman living alone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by immaculate1234(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2019
For me I left my parents at the age of 18 worked in three different cafe's the first cafe I earned 9k back in 2012 the second one 2015 I earned 14k that is after spending 5 years working for people and gathering vital experience. I opened mine in September last year.

It all depend on what you want and your determination and your conviction e go dey be

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Surrey2Bimshire: 7:20am On Mar 16, 2019
Jiang:

The problem is majority of such women engage in certain acts that will not ordinarily do so at home, I have seen so much of those women that I end up suspecting those who live alone. Even those that I was thinking are different, proved otherwise.

But if any honest babe thinks otherwise, then am sorry, Like I said earlier there are thousands of men who don't feel that way & so much admire those kind of ladies. But after what I have seen I will advise against a young woman living alone

I think it’s pretty much on both sides of the gender .
Certain men or women tend to take advantage of living alone to do certain things they feel it’s cool.
I won’t want to judge a man or woman over things like this ,it’s doesn’t matter if you live with your folks certain people can still lead some questionable lifestyle.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by kingolovich(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2019
simplyhonest:
for me, I didn't move back with my folks after NYSC... so, it depends on individual abilities and desire to be successful on your own rights
I like this comment, what were the things you did that made you not go back, what made you bought? i wish to know please.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2019
JeffSiberstein:
I'm an orphan, my parents left a building behind. I left the house at 26 this January. I was too comfortable there, I didn't pay rent, I didn't have a job cos I was living off the rent I collected from tenants. I had to leave to find my own.

Guy abeg send me the rent money make I help you spend, I can be that ur lost brother who likes to enjoy his parents Inheritance. Did you know since I finished uni, my dad never gave me shishi, am currently starting M.Sc already. Be happy, even as you dey sleep money dey flow

But seriously man, you seem a bit lazy, that's what you need to change about urself, moving out in a house you already live alone in, it's pretty pointless

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Horiolah(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2019
ganie:
I am in this situation presently,I live with my mom alone being her only son.

I am a graduate and presently employed with a salary of over 50k,I am fit to rent a room self contained apartment that is close to my place of work. Though,I intend to actualise this in the next two months.

But I have been thinking of how it will be like considering I am the only one with her though I have made it compulsory that I will continue to assist her with a stipend to cater for the expenses I take care of presently.

Please advise me.

Wow, we're on the same page. Honestly i don't know what to do. Can't leave her alone.
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 16, 2019
latexxbro:

suffer head you say??Lol
Mr Man, I graduated at 20 and I already started my Business while in school because my parents had the money to help me set up the business,I got a car for myself Rx350 and I'm actually sponsoring my younger sister that's still in Uni,No need for all this offline talk where else you might be lieing, if you don't mind,we can exchange maybe new contacts and to show you I'm not just bragging,and I also have over a million naira in my account and my business is still not half where I'm moving it to be, So saying a guy should leave his parents house upon graduation is TOTALLY WRONG because I wouldn't have done that if my parents didn't put it together for me with the funds,rather you can just say MAYBE upon graduation,And the friend you used as an example schooling abroad..You sound funny there.
By the way I'm not up to 24 yet..Don't claim you re right.
Don't mind the typos.
Bro I really need to learn from you. I believe in learning from successful people in any field of endeavor. I'm about to round up service soon.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by rickyrex(m): 7:35am On Mar 16, 2019
this kind of question doesn't fit in with Nigeria situation of unemployment. It is idea you start your freedom ones you have a source of income. your parents money is not your money. thou it their responsibility to make sure you live fine even when you have decided to move on your own. no age limit, it all depend on when you are set to do so. some parent may even assist you paying your rents for some time until you are strong to carry everything on your own. sometime staying on your own could be the distance of your work to where you live with your parents. please no matter your age, if you don't have a source of income to take care of your needs, don't be tempted to live on your own. you might end up getting frustrated and start mingling with bad boys for survival
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 16, 2019
udo2018:
Have been living alone all my life.. From boarding school to Uni and never went back home after NYSC..

My old man hates boarding school, Before my POP he specifically called & said
" I know what you are thinking, better delete that thought from ur brain, come home straight, if you feel like living alone, get a Wife!!"

grin
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by latexxbro(m): 7:55am On Mar 16, 2019
soul95:

Bro I really need to learn from you. I believe in learning from successful people in any field of endeavor. I'm about to round up service soon.
Bro Capital is th main thing, I started with 3M although i got the caoital back after like 2+years..When there is capital ,there is way for business

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Pavarottii(m): 8:15am On Mar 16, 2019
DonroxyII:
Nigga u sabi me before .... why can't u see ..
I started working @24 , mummy pay rent sha n I pay School fees Na cool.......
I can afford both but she volunteered cuz I can't afford her taste of a house and she won't allow what I can afford !!
Okay she still supports u... That's Wat I want to hear...
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by airprinz(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2019
joyberry:
Its depends on the individual, parents. Was 22 when I moved to a new state cos of work;in my base i see young peeps of 18-20 already staying alone and working .
kai!! see fine gal here ooo!!! I don masturbate tired.
Na this kind person I want, God.
Even though this one wan kill me for Barack because of loving her I don't care.
Afterall man must die once, after that judgement
Re: At What Age Should A Child Leave His/Her Parents And Start An Independent Life? by Ejadike(m): 8:36am On Mar 16, 2019
joyberry:
Its depends on the individual, parents. Was 22 when I moved to a new state cos of work;in my base i see young peeps of 18-20 already staying alone and working .
Well, you had to stay by yourself cos you moved into another state which is quite understandable. I know a friend who's parents wants to move out and they want my friend to move out with them before he saves for his own apartment. Different strokes for different folks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sopha Denise Shares Her Love Story Online - PICS / Bored In Marriage / Why Nigerian Guys Are Refusing To Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.