Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? (30893 Views)

At What Age Did You Stop Bathing Outside?? / At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? / A Nigerian Man Bathing His Newborn Baby (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Dilijingsly(m): 6:41pm On Jan 04
Am a family man and taking care of my children is not a big issue, my daughter is a year and a old . The big question is at what age should i stop bathing her?

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:54pm On Jan 04
lipsrsealed
Once you don notice say two small mangoes don dey vex comot out from her chest,stop am.

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Capernum: 7:13pm On Jan 04
I want to know too... I so much love bathing my girl. She's such an amazing jewel. It's always fun and amazing throwing her up after birth and hearing her laugh out loud.

177 Likes 8 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by illicit(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04
Cant say....

1 Like

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 7:25pm On Jan 04
Bathing your daughter isn't the problem. How do you wash her private part without your hand touching there especially when she can't wash it herself?

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Jan 04
Dilijingsly:
Am a family man and taking care of my children is not a big issue, my daughter is a year and a old . The big question is at what age should i stop bathing her?
A mother could equally ask at what age should mothers stop bathing their boys, and you get an idea of what the issue really should be. When doing things for your kids, you do it to teach then them how to do it for themselves eventually. The child should be able to let you know when he/she can do it for herself when that time comes, or at least that she would like to try it for herself then. lipsrsealed

391 Likes 23 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by We4all: 7:37pm On Jan 04
Beremx:
Bathing your daughter isn't the problem. How do you wash her private part without your hand touching there especially when she can't wash it herself?

He doesn't need to wash down there because it isn't necessary for her age. He can just splash water on it and that's all. The reason female adults wash down there is because of the things that go in there and of course comes out.

163 Likes 7 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by We4all: 7:39pm On Jan 04
Dilijingsly:

In my opinion, a 6 year old girl is old enough to bath herself. All you need to do is teach her basic hygiene and that's all.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Nazgul: 7:41pm On Jan 04
Dilijingsly:
When she's old enough to bath herself.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Dilijingsly(m): 8:56pm On Jan 04
We4all:

In my opinion, a 6 year old girl is old enough to bath herself. All you need to do is teach her basic hygiene and that's all.
thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Curiouscity(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04
We4all:

Depends on lots of factors. Some 5 year olds can start learning how to wash their privates. But there are also kids of 7-8 years who still need help during bath time. Sadly, in a haste to get more things done, we sometimes don't start early to teach them (boys/girls) how bath properly.

6 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 9:28pm On Jan 04
We4all:

He doesn't need to wash down there because it isn't necessary for her age. He can just splash water on it and that's all. The reason female adults wash down there is because of the things that go in there and of course comes out.
I disagree with you. A female privates needs to be washed whether a baby, toddler, teen or full adult.
I never hear this one before o!

123 Likes 7 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:32pm On Jan 04
7 she should be able to do everything by that age, meaning you start teaching her by 6 at 7 she becomes independent.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:36pm On Jan 04
Beremx:
you don't wash kids privates with your hands,all you do is splash water,girls private is self cleaning, putting soap would upset the ph and cause problems.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Jan 04
madscientist88:
you don't wash kids privates with your hands, all you do is splash water, girls private is self cleaning, putting soap would upset the ph and cause problems.
Wey e-slap abeg! lipsrsealed

18 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Beremx(f): 9:40pm On Jan 04
madscientist88:
you don't wash kids privates with your hands,all you do is splash water,girls private is self cleaning, putting soap would upset the ph and cause problems.
I'm not talking about using soap because it's not really healthy. How do you splash water on female privates? Is splashing water on male privates good too?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:41pm On Jan 04
Kobojunkie:
Wey e-slap abeg! lipsrsealed
i raised 3 girls and a boy,also you should learn to use Google,soap is harmful to vagina,go slap yourself cretin.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Jan 04
madscientist88:
i raised 3 girls and a boy,also you should learn to use Google,soap is harmful to vagina,go slap yourself cretin.
This isn't about soap— though use of mild soap is not out of place — but about teaching your kids to use their hands to properly wash themselves up and down there.
People sometimes compare the vagina to a "self-cleaning oven." Is that true? What about the vulva? Do you need to wash one or both?
GBU: You don't need to wash the vagina. That's the part that's very self-cleaning. That's what discharge is for. Discharge moves things towards the exit. Discharge helps maintain that specific pH and flora balance. If you wash your vagina with soaps or scented washes, you can throw off this delicate balance, which can lead to irritation and infections.

As for the vulva—which, again, is the external area of the genitals—debate surrounds this topic because there's a very prominent feminine hygiene industry that likes to try to sell you specific feminine washes. But like we said earlier, we don't need to be sticking any fragrances or soaps of any kind inside the vagina, because that can throw off pH balance and put you at risk for infections.
Kids need to be taught to wash themselves comfortably and thoroughly. lipsrsealed

And about claiming you raised 4 kids, some old men raised 12 kids, all of whom were never properly taught to adore and properly clean their bodies comfortably each day — no proper hygiene at all. So, haven raised x many kids does not make you right in this. undecided

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:46pm On Jan 04
Beremx:
I'm not talking about using soap because it's not really healthy. How do you splash water on female privates? Is splashing water on male privates good too?
well you have to avoid touching their privates either male or female,so my aunt thought me .

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kobojunkie: 9:48pm On Jan 04
madscientist88:
well you have to avoid touching their privates either male or female,so my aunt thought me .
Your aunt taught you wrong abeg! undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by NFBI: 9:50pm On Jan 04
When she is up to Aisha age

4 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04
Kobojunkie:
This isn't about soap— though use of mild soap is not out of place — but about teaching your kids to use their hands to properly wash themselves up and down there.
Keeps need to be taught to wash themselves comfortably and thoroughly. lipsrsealed

And about claiming you raised 4 kids, some old men raised 12 kids, all of whom were never properly taught to adore and properly clean their own bodies comfortably each day — no proper hygiene at all. So, having raised x many kids does not make you right in this. undecided
yes until your kids start masturbating because they love the ticklish feeling right? online there is an article about a woman crying her eyes out because her four year old girl has grown a habit of masturbating.poor child,many blamed it on the mum for touching her private while bathing her,there is an age for every thing,you can teach them to do it (clean their privates if need be ) at a later age, growing up i cant remember my mum touching my winky while bathing me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by madscientist88(m): 9:53pm On Jan 04
Kobojunkie:
Your aunt taught you wrong abeg! undecided
good go ahead and see what happens afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Jan 04
madscientist88:
yes until your kids start masturbating because they love the ticklish feeling right? online there is an article about a woman crying her eyes out because her four year old girl has grown a habit of masturbating. poor child, many blamed it on the mum for touching her private while bathing her, there is an age for every thing,you can teach them to do it at certain age, growing up i cant remember my mum touching my winky while bathing me.
WOW! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg, this is too early in 2024 to engage in this o'jare!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Ahnii(f): 10:12pm On Jan 04
Nazgul:

When she's old enough to bath herself.
6 yrs max
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by thesicilian: 10:56pm On Jan 04
A father should stop bathing his daughter at the same age he stops bathing his son: when they're old enough to do it by themselves.

Same goes for the mother.

I don't know why you people like complicating your lives unnecessarily

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Nicepoker(m): 11:40pm On Jan 04
The day you hear "daddy don't touch that place" just run. grin

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Suicideboy: 3:16am On Jan 05
Untill she's old enough to have a man in her life that's not you
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by BigDawsNet: 8:53am On Jan 05
Dilijingsly:

5 to 6 years old maximum
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by Jewessgratitud3: 8:55am On Jan 05
Should a father even bathe the children in the first place? Ok, fine. I know sometimes they need to help the wifes out with some chores but how about choosing to do other things while the mother handles that?

We are all girls and I don't think my father ever bathe any of us. My Mom always had her sisters around to help out besides my dad was a very busy man in his active days. So by 6am hes out of the house. weekends are his resting days after doing some major house cleaning which is not all the time. Na jobless man dey siddon for house dey find pikin wey him go baf.

Please let the women handle bathing of children.. if any man is itching to bathe his children let him go for the boys or forget about it altogether. There are other important things to help out with Biko.

Modified
Let's stop pretending like there aren't cases of fathers sexually abusing their daughters. In as much as such dastardly act exist, it is important to guard against it and prevent anything that may likely encourage it.

I said what I said.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by oldguyman: 12:19pm On Jan 05
cheesy
Re: At What Age Should A Father Stop Bathing His Daughter? by StemCellTherapi(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05
When she is 21yrs old is okay.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Uncle Takes His Daughter For Virginity Tests Annually --- Is It Ideal? / A Nairalander's Traditional & Church Wedding / My kids are being trained in an hotel!! I Need Advice..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.