Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking (950 Views)

Revealed: The Bible Says God Did Not Create Man. / God Did Not Create Man In His Image, We Created God In Our Image / God Did "NOT" Create "ONLY" Adam But Many People - Obadiah777 Vs Goshen360 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by johnblaze1: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2010
ONDON (Reuters) – God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.
In "The Grand Design," co-authored with U.S. physicist Leonard Mlodinow, Hawking says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant, according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.
"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100902/lf_nm_life/us_britain_hawking
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by JeSoul(f): 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2010
john_blaze:

ONDON (Reuters) – God did not create the universe and the "Big Bang" was an inevitable consequence of the laws of physics, the eminent British theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking argues in a new book.
In "The Grand Design," co-authored with U.S. physicist Leonard Mlodinow, Hawking says a new series of theories made a creator of the universe redundant, according to the Times newspaper which published extracts on Thursday.
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing. Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist," Hawking writes.
"It is not necessary to invoke God to light the blue touch paper and set the universe going."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100902/lf_nm_life/us_britain_hawking
   For a man who loves to brandish science about, the best he can do is regurgitate a set of "new" theories that render the need for a creator "redundant"? the only value this article has is of the comedic kind. Common Hawking, surely you can do better than this. Surely.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by vescucci(m): 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2010
Let's look at it another way since Hawking forgot to say the trendy God doesn't exist, He merely didn't create the universe. God created nothing. The universe was created outta nothing. By extension God created the universe. What? My argument is silly? You should read Hawkings'
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by JeSoul(f): 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2010
vescucci:

Let's look at it another way since Hawking forgot to say the trendy God doesn't exist, He merely didn't create the universe. God created nothing. The universe was created outta nothing. By extension God created the universe. What? My argument is silly? You should read Hawkings'
cheesy this is the most compelling case for an intelligent creator I've seen in a while.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2010
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by Tudor6(f): 6:30pm On Sep 03, 2010
Why lock the other thread and direct me here?? Can you not compare the time both where started and see the other is older here or does the ability to tell time elude you jesoul??
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by JeSoul(f): 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2010
Yes i do have the ability to tell the time Tudor, thanks for asking. Was the topic in this section or was it moved from elsewhere? If moved then it doesn't take precedence over the one regardless of when it was opened.

There hasnt been any real discussion on either thread anyways so what does it matter?
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by vescucci(m): 6:51pm On Sep 03, 2010
Isn't this unnecessary? Maybe she asked you to come here since this one seems to have more posts. Before you ask me to mind my business, my white flag is up. So you'll be fighting an unarmed harmless man. Surely you have more class than that.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by Tonyet1(m): 6:53pm On Sep 03, 2010
Myjoe,

stop abusing my scientist HAWKING or else . . .! grin
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by Tudor6(f): 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2010
Madam Jesoul
You could have just asked couldnt you?
Rather you asked, without waiting for an answer went ahead and locked the thread. What kind of behaviour is that??

Anyway know that the thread wasnt moved from nowhere. It was started here on the religion board and I posted on it as early as 9am TODAY .

And yes it does matter. There where already more comments there before this one was started. Due process should be followed and we shouldnt have to live based on which option is convinient for you.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2010
@jesoul, the first thread on this subject was created last nyte by nosa2 & we have started posting our contributions on same. U need to end this proliferations asap
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by nosa2(m): 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2010
Thanks, i started the other thread then noticed this just now.
Its a real shame that this sort of behavior happens online, this is actually the second time this is happening to my threads but what these moderators dont realise is that they are slowly killing the forum, i've personally decided to stop starting threads on this forum after all there are better/more matured forums out there (www.stockmarketnigeria.Com comes to mind) and i'll better treatment there.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by JeSoul(f): 7:20pm On Sep 03, 2010
So there are at least 3 threads on this subject. I know I saw at least another in the Politics section which led to the mix-up.

Toba, I cannot stop people from posting duplicate topics now, I can only lock and re-direct if and when I see them.  

Tudor, thank for clearing that up. Since Nosa's came first, others, including this will be locked.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by Tudor6(f): 7:21pm On Sep 03, 2010
vescucci:

Isn't this unnecessary? Maybe she asked you to come here since this one seems to have more posts. Before you ask me to mind my business, my white flag is up. So you'll be fighting an unarmed harmless man. Surely you have more class than that.
your reasoning is flawed and makes no sense coz its not true. And why are you so eager to make up excuses for her anyway? Any behind the scenes arrangement I should know about?

As an aside, This is one of the reasons I didnt like it in England and had to move my arse out of there. Where I was, you hear the word 'class' a million times a day.

"class" is BS. I am my own class and I dont care to conform to anybodys standards.
Re: God Did Not Create The Universe, Says Hawking by JeSoul(f): 7:24pm On Sep 03, 2010
Please continue on Nosa's thread here- https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-507888.0.html

(1)

"666" / Are There Really True Christians / Dokie And Co - Kindly Explain Luke 11:27-28

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.