Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper (13693 Views)

The Benefits Of Being An Entrepreneur Compared With Having A Paid Job!!! / Somebody Help! I'm Fed Up With What Scammers Are Doing To Our Reputation. / Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by tunene: 3:21pm On Sep 03, 2010
Hi,

I bought a tipper about 8 months ago. A friend had being in that business before so I got him to manage it and he goes out with the driver to transport sands for people, he and the driver collect their share of the money. The first three months, they brought good returns only for the story too change after then. It has turn to the proverbial "one week, oone trouble". The returns are now so low, nearly every week he has something to fix from the returns of the previous week. One thing I think that is affecting me also is the fact that I am very busy person my job does not allow me stay two often in Lagos (Ajah) where the truck is. I could be away for 2months sometimes.

Please, can I get any advice from the house of what to do.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by waste2cash: 6:02am On Sep 06, 2010
Look another driver and person to watch your tipper move. I in ogoja cross river state the business here is booming i could help you if you to move it down here.  
Frank.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by Nelton(m): 7:59am On Sep 06, 2010
Look for another driver and you can manage the tippe by urself by putting a tracker on it and monitor it with your fone so you know if it works daily. But first get another driver for the tipper

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by DisGuy: 12:02am On Sep 07, 2010
Give it to another manager/driver then take it off him quickly after 3months or when there's any hint of excuse; service the vehicle from your pocket then give it to another manager/driver keep taking it away from them after 3months or before any trouble start grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by omolayo1(m): 11:53pm On Sep 07, 2010
HOW DO I START THIS? OK. FIRST AND FOREMOST YOU STARTED THE BUSINESS AT THE WRONG TIME. SECONDLY, YOU MUST,VE AGREED ON A WRONG FINANCIAL BARGAIN FOR THE FIRST TWO MONTHS.

NOW LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF A LITTLE BIT AS I MAY THINK I UNDERSTOOD IT. IF I SHOULD GO BY WHAT U SAID, YOU BOUGHT THE TIPPERS AROUND FEBRUARY THIS YEAR WHICH IS DURING RAINING WHICH I KNOW IS A WRONG/BAD SEASON FOR TIPPER BIZ,YOU WHY? ALL THE BORROW PIT IN AJAH THAT I KNOW ARE ALL BAD FOR TIPPER DURING THE RAINING SEASON BUT DUE TO FINANCIAL COMMITMENT TO THE OWNER SOME MANAGER FIND IT DIFFICULT TO APPLY THE NORMAL RULES OF THE BIZ TO PREVENT THIS YOUR COMPLAIN OF AFTER THREE MONTHS OF NO OR VERY LOW INCOME. IT WAS DUE TO OVER USED OR USED IN WRONG BORROW PIT IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS THAT THEY WERE DOING FINE NOT KNOWING THAT IT WILL CALL FOR THE MONEY BACK. THERE ARE MUCH MORE INTO ANY TRUCK BIZ THAN MAKING MUCH MONEY AT THE BEGINNING WHICH IS THE AREA I WILL LIKE MANY PPL TO CONCENTRATE ON THAN INITIAL OF THE BIZ. ALL THIS IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER ABOUT THE BIZ.
ASK THE SO CALLED MANAGER THE PROBLEM(IS IT THAT THE MECHANIC DOES KNOW WHAT HIS DOING? OR THEY ARE USING WRONG PARTS?) DRIVER CAN ALSO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM UNKNOWINGLY, U KNOW WHY IF YOU GIVE BAD DRIVER A GOOD TRUCK, HE WILL USE IT SUCCESSFULLY FOR THE FIRST THREE TO FOUR MONTHS BEFORE FACING THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS BAD DRIVING.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by omolayo1(m): 12:11am On Sep 08, 2010
PLS DISCARD THE FIRST MSG I WAS ABOUT SLEEPING WHILE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I START THIS? OK. FIRST AND FOREMOST YOU STARTED THE BUSINESS AT THE WRONG TIME. SECONDLY, YOU MUST'VE AGREED ON A WRONG FINANCIAL BARGAIN FOR THE PERIOD IN QUESTION.

NOW LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF A LITTLE BIT, AS I MAY THINK I UNDERSTOOD IT. IF I SHOULD GO BY WHAT U SAID, YOU BOUGHT THE TIPPERS AROUND FEBRUARY THIS YEAR, GOING OR DURING RAINING SEASON WHICH I KNOW IS A WRONG/BAD SEASON FOR TIPPER BIZ,YOU KNOW WHY? ALL THE BORROW PITS IN AJAH, THAT I KNOW ARE ALL HAVING BAD ROAD DURING THE RAINING SEASON BUT DUE TO FINANCIAL COMMITMENT TO THE OWNER SOME MANAGER FIND IT DIFFICULT TO APPLY THE NORMAL RULES OF THE BIZ TO PREVENT THIS YOUR COMPLAIN OF AFTER THREE MONTHS OF NO OR VERY LOW INCOME WHICH THEY SUPPOSE HAVE EXPLAIN TO YOU. IT WAS DUE TO OVER USED OR USED IN WRONG BORROW PITS IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS THAT THEY WERE DOING FINE NOT KNOWING THAT IT WILL CALL FOR THE MONEY BACK. THERE ARE MUCH MORE INTO ANY TRUCK BIZ THAN MAKING MUCH MONEY AT THE BEGINNING WHICH IS THE AREA I WILL LIKE MANY PPL TO CONCENTRATE ON THAN INITIAL STAGE OF THE BIZ. ALL THIS IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER ABOUT THE BIZ.
ASK THE SO CALLED MANAGER THE PROBLEM(IS IT THAT THE MECHANIC DOES KNOW WHAT HIS DOING? OR THEY ARE USING WRONG PARTS?) DRIVER CAN ALSO BE PART OF THE PROBLEM UNKNOWINGLY, U KNOW WHY IF YOU GIVE BAD DRIVER A GOOD TRUCK, HE WILL USE IT SUCCESSFULLY FOR THE FIRST THREE TO FOUR MONTHS BEFORE FACING THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS BAD DRIVING.

THE WAY-FORWARD NOW IS FOR YOU TO SIT HIM DOWN AND LET HIM EXPLAIN ALL THIS AND THAT IS HAPPENING THEN IF YOU FORSEE DANGER,TAKE ANOTHER STEP OF EMPLOYING ANOTHER MANAGER. IF IT IS GOOD TIPPER THEN AJAH IS THE LAND OF HOPE FOR IT.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by toaspromo(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2010
transportation biz is not reliable in our nation though its profitable but the owner of the vehicles are mostly at lose end this may sound insulting but i would suggest that you you dispose the tippers of and use the proceed to start another business you can manage on your own there are other biz you can do even without being there money flows into your account and you sleep peacefully look for a home based biz that will not affect your job and take your time good luck
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by omolayo1(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2010
@toaspromo, you get it right. is a good biz for driver and the manager because little they get is enough for there living due to their financial commitments and social needs but you have alots of expectation based on your projection before going into the biz.

Do you know that manager who get one to two thousand naira or more for just two trips can afford to joke with both driver and mechanic because he has nothing to lose but all you need do is to commit him in all ramification. again i have seen and heard ppl going with one month agreement with their tipper manager which is very wrong. the longer you leave him with your money the easier your complain or excuse for your money at the end of the month, but if you get your money weekly then you will be at the safer side. If at the end of the two weeks you cann't get anything then you quickly suspect something than waiting till end of the month.

my advise now, if your tippers are in good condition just come down to ajah yourself and arrange work for it around because as am writing this some little little work are going on around but if is not that performing well again just put them for sale straight to avoid more spending in the name of savaging. that is just that from me for now.

Three ppl are important in transportation biz, manager,driver and mechanic. if your not one of them just forget it. there are some exceptional cases but it takes the grace of God.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by seyiari: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2010
i think u need to change ur strategies. sit down and try to work another plans for urself.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by d7thcaller: 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
omolayo1:

@toaspromo, you get it right. is a good biz for driver and the manager because little they get is enough for there living due to their financial commitments and social needs but you have alots of expectation based on your projection before going into the biz.

Do you know that manager who get one to two thousand naira or more for just two trips can afford to joke with both driver and mechanic because he has nothing to lose but all you need do is to commit him in all ramification. again i have seen and heard ppl going with one month agreement with their tipper manager which is very wrong. the longer you leave him with your money the easier your complain or excuse for your money at the end of the month, but if you get your money weekly then you will be at the safer side. If at the end of the two weeks you cann't get anything then you quickly suspect something than waiting till end of the month.

my advise now, if your tippers are in good condition just come down to ajah yourself and arrange work for it around because as am writing this some little little work are going on around but if is not that performing well again just put them for sale straight to avoid more spending in the name of savaging. that is just that from me for now.

Three ppl are important in transportation biz, manager,driver and mechanic. if your not one of them just forget it. there are some exceptional cases but it takes the grace of God.
The above quoted and highlighted in black is the very simple truth.
i can say for sure that Omolayo1 is expereinced in this line of bussiness.
OP take the above advise.
Gluck
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by seye4nii(f): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2010
omolayo gud advise,,,,
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by protocol(m): 7:58am On Sep 11, 2010
let me ask u,wat are u doing in the office? before i ventured into haulage, i said to myselt that i must be one of those persons listed after my feasibility study.then i brought in my mack truck fom the USA, left my stock broking job where i was paid 90-95 k montly,dop my slim tie,my china jacket and those blac shoes that will decieve u 4ever, say no to employers A/c which will make u feel that all is well, move to apapa, there instead of makting for people to bu stock, i makt people to use my truck and they do always. i collect my money,i am the manager,i supervice my servicing etc. see, u cant be in the office and also run a trucking business.

4 Likes

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by d7thcaller: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2010
protocol:

let me ask u,wat are u doing in the office? before i ventured into haulage, i said to myselt that i must be one of those persons listed after my feasibility study.then i brought in my mack truck fom the USA, left my stock broking job where i was paid 90-95 k montly,dop my slim tie,my china jacket and those blac shoes that will decieve u 4ever, say no to employers A/c which will make u feel that all is well, move to apapa, there instead of makting for people to bu stock, i makt people to use my truck and they do always. i collect my money,i am the manager,i supervice my servicing etc. see, u cant be in the office and also run a trucking business. Do u kw that after few months i brought in another mack truck. nw am trying to bring another one soonest. with two trucks, i make abt 800,000 montly.who can py me this. even if mobil call my to come and work with them. if my 3rd truck comes, my income wil increase by 300k or 400 as the case may b. cant work in the office again in my life.people are just wastibg their time! they will pay u, take tax, then give IBTC pension theirs which they say u can only collect at the age of 60 or at retirement whichever that comes first,imagine!just compare wat u make in your office and wat u will make in the trucking business the[b] choose yea this day whom u will serve,for me, i will be in apapa![/b]

@ Protocol, going by your last sentence, you are really funny.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by Pebontrack(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2010
omolayo1:

PLS DISCARD THE FIRST MSG I WAS ABOUT SLEEPING WHILE POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW DO I START THIS? OK. FIRST AND FOREMOST YOU STARTED THE BUSINESS AT THE WRONG TIME. SECONDLY, YOU MUST'VE AGREED ON A WRONG FINANCIAL BARGAIN FOR THE PERIOD IN QUESTION.

NOW LET ME EXPLAIN MYSELF A LITTLE BIT, AS I MAY THINK I UNDERSTOOD IT. IF I SHOULD GO BY WHAT U SAID, YOU BOUGHT THE TIPPERS AROUND FEBRUARY THIS YEAR, GOING OR DURING RAINING SEASON WHICH I KNOW IS A WRONG/BAD SEASON FOR TIPPER BIZ,YOU KNOW WHY? ALL THE BORROW PITS IN AJAH, THAT I KNOW ARE ALL HAVING BAD ROAD DURING THE RAINING SEASON BUT DUE TO FINANCIAL COMMITMENT TO THE OWNER SOME MANAGER FIND IT DIFFICULT TO APPLY THE NORMAL RULES OF THE BIZ TO PREVENT THIS YOUR COMPLAIN OF AFTER THREE MONTHS OF NO OR VERY LOW INCOME WHICH THEY SUPPOSE HAVE EXPLAIN TO YOU. IT WAS DUE TO OVER USED OR USED IN WRONG BORROW PITS IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS THAT THEY WERE DOING FINE NOT KNOWING THAT IT WILL CALL FOR THE MONEY BACK. THERE ARE MUCH MORE INTO ANY TRUCK BIZ THAN MAKING MUCH MONEY AT THE BEGINNING WHICH IS THE AREA I WILL LIKE MANY PPL TO CONCENTRATE ON THAN INITIAL STAGE OF THE BIZ. ALL THIS IS ALL ABOUT EXPERIENCES THAT MATTER ABOUT THE BIZ.

THE WAY-FORWARD NOW IS FOR YOU TO SIT HIM DOWN AND LET HIM EXPLAIN ALL THIS AND THAT IS HAPPENING THEN IF YOU FORSEE DANGER,TAKE ANOTHER STEP OF EMPLOYING ANOTHER MANAGER. IF IT IS GOOD TIPPER THEN AJAH IS THE LAND OF HOPE FOR IT.

I agree with her totally.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by Pebontrack(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2010
on extreme case, some people that I know simply use fleet management system to minotor their trucks online.

So if you have already made the mistake of going into the business without making plans to physically monitor your trucks, just simply use the fleet management system that will enable you monitor your trucks from the confines of your office or home.

I can recommend a very good and simply one for you. Its free to apply for it online.

3 Likes

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by donfidel(m): 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
@ Protocol,
How do i contact u? Can i get your email or phone number?
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by igbunuoghe(m): 11:30pm On Sep 14, 2010
Simple! Get a manager to be working on good commission. That way, your profit will rise again. This is because since the manager or supervisor knows that the more money the tipper makes the more commission he gets.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by infogenius(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
igbunuoghe:

Simple! Get a manager to be working on good commission. That way, your profit will rise again. This is because since the manager or supervisor knows that the more money the tipper makes the more commission he gets.

To add to what you have said, just as other posters have adviced,get another driver. My reason is this, the driver may corrupt the manager.Fresh hands fresh results.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by royhan: 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2010
for d fact that you dont av time,d real truth is that d buiness is lucrative is either your you are d courser of d problem by not handling ur workers very well or no good monitoring to cut story short because some av said alot about it my advice are as follows;

hault d buiness 4 now at least 4a month 4 u to think about it
if you cant monitor it yourself sell it and invevts on what you can do your self
expect disappintment on every body u meeet
pray towards empoling good manage,
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by Gnexplore: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2010
If this question was asked b4, pardon me.

How much do a sound Tipper cost , average cost?
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by protocol(m): 12:11am On Sep 25, 2010
with 3m i can get you somthing like this from the US.somthing with double axile,camelback suspension,goodaxile,double lever. If you are intrested call 08037430594.[center][/center]

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by Masco1: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2010
I am interested in this tipper business, I am working presently (paid job) and i hope to quit my job by march 2011 to enable me manage it myself. Please, what kind of tipper can i get for 2 million Naira.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by alanbolo(m): 3:37am On Sep 26, 2010
FYI -

We have Mack trucks available which are just Tin-can cleared and ready to work.
Located at Ikotun and Sadiq park-Apapa.   Prices are from 3.6 mil and above.  Contact babs1265 at yahoo for more info.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by alanbolo(m): 3:48am On Sep 26, 2010
FYI -

We have Mack trucks available which are Tin-can cleared and ready to work.
Located at Ikotun and Sadiq park-Apapa.   Prices are from 3.6 mil and above.  Contact babs1265 at yahoo for more info.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by harakiri(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2010
Oyibo man talk say :

"Put your money where your mouth is"

In other words, make sure you are in total control of whatever business you venture into. As crude as this sounds, if you aren't the one driving your truck/bus or whatever vehicle, you will end up running at a loss. Even if there are genuine problems with the vehicle, the driver AND manager will capitalise on that to rip you off (even when there are no current problems).Like someone said earlier, sell your tipper and venture into a business that YOU HAVE ABSOLUTE CONTROL of. This is Nigeria my friend and dishonesty is the currency. Don't open investments for others to reap from. Once again, PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS! ! !

End of!
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by odupope: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2010
for a genuine and reliable way you can beat the current nokia market in nigeria by geting your desire nokia phones at a very ridiculous cheap price ( i.e nokia n8 goes for 28,000 naira and n900 for 27,000 naira ) bonanza price, so for info on direction on how to get these great phones do contact me 07061314694.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by TRUCKMAN: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2010
I WOULD LIKE TO SUGEST THAT YOU TRY AND LOOK FOR A GOOD CONSTRUCTION COMPANY AND REGISTER YOUR TIPPER WITH THEM FOR AN MOUNT BASED ON TERMS AND CONDITION AS TO TAKE HOME AT THE END OF MONTH OR WEEK AND WHO WOULD FIX WHEN NOT IN GOOD CONDITION,
, THATS MY VIEW, GOD BELSS
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by jellyface(m): 7:52pm On Oct 09, 2010
Hey'all, cud anyone kindly tell me the monthly income dat could be generated from this business and the cost of a tipper. Tanx in anticipation.
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:28pm On Oct 11, 2010
@poster the only solution to your problem (and the most common problem in this type of business) is to JazZ your driver and his manager, heavy obonge JazZ mixed with Cherubum and Sarafum candle prayers so that they make returns and deliver every kobo to you every day.

If you follow this step, you will never lose a kobo in the tipper business grin
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by keeeem: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2010
Poster!!!

Do not allow these guys to mislead you. I operate the biz with a friend and know where the shoe pinches. We have 2 currently and they are 30 tonne trucks. I also have a tight schedule and one of the ways we have deviced to check the manager and driver is to ask them not to do cash transactions anymore. Ask them to do cheque transactions. What this means is that you will find time to register in a quarry and then ask the owners of the quarry to give them only running expenses.

When we devised this means, the manager was just fighting us every week because he has limited access to funds but we remain unperturbed. We are lucky to have a somewhat honest person as Manager but he also has his own ways too when it comes to doing us 'mago-mago'.

You need to think of building a base in the business. Don't look at it on a transactional level. Investing in a biz is different from trading. Try to adopt a trading mindset and learn from it. You need to apply a serious approach to this biz rather than this I-av-a busy-schedule kind of attitude. For the past 4 months, I have not had a weekend. I am always on the move trying to make things work.

And then you have to make them know that you are also on top of the trade. That thing is not easy to acquire and you have to apply all seriousness to it.

May God help you

1 Like

Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by keeeem: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2010
Sorry I goofed here 'Try to adopt a trading mindset and learn from it'. I meant to say investing mindset

Nice day
Re: Somebody Help! I Am Not Reaping The Benefits Of My Tipper by james1(m): 8:33pm On Oct 17, 2010
@poster.Omolola,the gentleman with the fleet monitoring and protocol's advise are the best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gtbank Owes Me N21bn – INNOSON / Nigeria Central Bank Clears 14 Banks' FX Backlog, Turns To Airlines / CBN Stops Banks From Utilising Naira Devaluation Gains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.