Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Inheritance - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31593 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:40am On Mar 21, 2019
CHAPTER FOUR

Derrick drove speedily along the express way, he stopped by a kiosk on the highway to get something, just before he alighted from his car, his phone rung.

"Hello Matt, am close to your office, you will see me in the next 10 minutes" he spoke all at once into the receiver.

"Hurry up Derrick, spider just called, he said we should get there on time, he has many things to do" The caller said.

"Don't worry, we will get there on time, I stopped to get the mask he told me to buy" Derrick replied hurriedly jumping into his car.

He drove off while thinking of what he was about to do, he was going to meet his friend to take him to an assassin that was going to murder his brother, he shook his head.

"I warned you Desmond, I love you but the estate is important to me" he muttered as he remembered what was driving him to get the estate.

THREE YEARS AGO
Derrick was going to meet his father in his office when he heard conversations coming from inside, he decided to eavesdrop.

"Mr Zebulon, thanks for releasing your estate for my movie production, am sure the movie will be a blast" Mr Walson commended smiling.

"That's nothing Mr Walson, for a movie that you want to create an impression with over there in America, I won't mind you using my estate for it even for free" he smiled back.

"Am sure when I get to America, they will see how beautiful Africa is, I like it here and I will love to be a constant visitor, but my next Africa movie production will be in three years time, can you please still release your estate for me then?" He pleaded.

"Of course Mr Walson, you don't need to plead with me, anytime you need it, I will give it to you" he smiled.

"Okay, that means we will talk about the price now, I will pay 15 Million naira for a start, by the time I finish with the production, I will pay another 15 million naira" Mr Walson suggested.

"No problem Walson, but in case you come then and you don't see me, just meet any of my sons that will inherit the estate, show him our deal certificate and you can pay the money to him, am not praying for death but it is inevitable" he said signing on the paper.

"No problem at all, thanks so much" he stood up to shake hands with Mr Zebulon.

"30 million naira?" Derrick said in shock opening his mouth "I will make sure Dad wills the estate to me" he said strutting off.

PRESENT DAY

"Am sorry brother but I can't afford to miss this deal with Mr Walson" he concluded as he swerved into Matt's company.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 10:48am On Mar 21, 2019
All i see is a greedy man
Thanks for the update sis
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:53am On Mar 21, 2019
Mirabel was in the living room when she heard a knock, she went to get the door but was shocked to see three policemen standing in front of her.

"Good morning, are you looking for someone?" She asked getting confused.

"Are you Mrs Mirabel Anyadike?" one of the policemen asked.

"Yes I am, any problem?" She asked getting scared.

"Am sorry, but we got a call from an unknown number telling us he saw your husband lying lifeless at the Bryan cliff along the express way" the police man said again.

"Jesus, Jesus, it's a lie, where is my phone let me call my husband, he can't be dead" she sniffed as the tears started pouring.

"Calm down madam, we didn't find his body and we suspect that he fell off the cliff, I sent my guys to go down the cliff and find him but they didn't see his body either, does he have anyone he is quarreling with?" He finally asked.

"No, he doesn't" she sniffed, but wiped her tears as she said almost immediately "yes, he had a misunderstanding with his brother few days ago over the estate Willed to him" she sobbed.

"Thanks for your information, we will interrogate his brother too, write down his address for me" he said giving her a piece of paper.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:54am On Mar 21, 2019
izaray:
All i see is a greedy man
Thanks for the update sis

Thanks boo

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 10:58am On Mar 21, 2019
Hmmm..Derrick may you never fine peace for the rest of ur life embarassed
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 11:43am On Mar 21, 2019
chai what love of money can do. well done op
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 12:33pm On Mar 21, 2019
Wicked Derrick. Thanks for the update damsel.
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 12:35pm On Mar 21, 2019
izaray:
Calm down izaray grin
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 12:37pm On Mar 21, 2019
Treasure17:

Calm down izaray grin
cheesy
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
I think you made a mistake with the surname, their father was Zebulon and Desmond is a guy which means his surname did not change after marriage, so his w9fe should be Mirabel Zebulon and not Anyadike or am I mistaken?
Re: Inheritance by AJECKING(m): 3:03pm On Mar 21, 2019
i dey for your back dear!!..ride on!
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2019
Wetin love of money go cause ehn....

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2019
Kaycee9242:
chai what love of money can do. well done op

Thanks love
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2019
izaray:

Lol, easy bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
Treasure17:
Wicked Derrick. Thanks for the update damsel.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2019
queenitee:
I think you made a mistake with the surname, their father was Zebulon and Desmond is a guy which means his surname did not change after marriage, so his w9fe should be Mirabel Zebulon and not Anyadike or am I mistaken?

Their father's name is Zebulon Elochukwu, while his surname is Anyadike, his sons bear his surname which is Anyadike and not his name Zebulon.

Thanks for your observations.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
AJECKING:
i dey for your back dear!!..ride on!

Thanks honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 5:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
Ann2012:
Wetin love of money go cause ehn....

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
damselposh:

Their father's name is Zebulon Elochukwu, while his surname is Anyadike, his sons bear his surname which is Anyadike and not his name Zebulon.

Thanks for your observations.
Oh okay, thanks. I thought the surname was Zebulon
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 6:49pm On Mar 21, 2019
lemme calm down first and know if it's really Derrick that killed his brother before I will send thunder.

well done OP
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2019
Preshbeauty:
lemme calm down first and know if it's really Derrick that killed his brother before I will send thunder.

well done OP

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2019
Preshbeauty:

well done OP
Lol. People dey vex for Derrick sha. Let me consult thunder on your behalf sis. grin

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:27pm On Mar 21, 2019
Treasure17:

Lol. People dey vex for Derrick sha. Let me consult thunder on your behalf sis. grin

Lol grin grin grin no be small thunder
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 9:43pm On Mar 21, 2019
damselposh:

Lol grin grin grin no be small thunder
Yes o. Nah double barrel thunder.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:07pm On Mar 22, 2019
CHAPTER FIVE

Derrick was laughing with his wife Tracy when his mom and two policemen barged into the sitting room, he stood up eyeing his mother.

"Are you Derrick?" The policeman asked.

"Yes I am, any problem?" He asked in an unconcerned manner.

"Are you aware that Desmond your brother is dead?" The policeman asked studying his face.

"You don't know what you are saying, he should probably be in his house or at work, what do you mean by he is dead?" He sneered.

"We got a call from an unknown number that he saw your brother's lifeless body at the Bryan cliff, we didn't find his body though, but his car was parked there and we saw blood on the ground" he explained more.

"That's not true, he is not dead, he must have gone somewhere, how can he die?" He asked already getting scared.

"You think you can deceive us? We already know you killed your brother because of an ordinary WILL, you are cursed, you shall never find peace" his mom sobbed.

"Mom stop that, I didn't kill my brother, I can't kill him" he said painfully.

"But the information reaching me is that you threatened him few days ago, even your family lawyer confirmed that you threatened him too". The policeman asked.

"I know I threatened them but I didn't kill him, that was an empty threat" Derrick explained.

"am sorry Derrick but you are the only suspect we have for now, we don't have any evidence yet so you won't travel out of town until we are done with the investigations" he concluded.

"I didn't kill my brother" Derrick shouted.

"Officer you don't need any evidence, he killed his brother just arrest him already" Mrs Zebulon shouted in tears.

"No ma, it doesn't work that way, we need an evidence first, but don't worry, I promise to get to the root of this case" he concluded.

"You will never have that estate, you killed your brother because of it, I will make sure you don't still get it" she beat her chest as the policeman dragged her away.

"Baby, what did she mean by what she said?" Tracy asked looking pale.

"I don't know Tracy, am as confused as you are, I didn't kill my brother" he said shaking like a leaf.

"I know you didn't, I told you to forget about that estate but you went ahead to threaten him, now nobody will believe that you didn't kill him" Tracy said as a tear dropped.

"I will be back, I need to be somewhere" Derrick said rushing out of the house.

MATT'S HOUSE

"Matt, did you hear?, My brother is dead" Derrick said walking dejectedly.

"What? But who could have killed him?" Matt asked.

"They are accusing me, they thought I killed him, only God knows that I didn't kill my brother, thank God I changed my mind before we got to spider's house" he heaved a sigh of relief.

"Of course they will accuse you because you threatened him, you will have to do something to convince them that you didn't kill Desmond" Matt advised.

"That means someone wanted him dead too, but who?, Am confused Matt" he let out a sigh.

"We will start up an investigation, we must know who killed him, take heart and sorry for your loss" Matt consoled him rubbing his back with his Palm.
Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 4:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
Be mindful of what you say and decisions you take when angry

Damselposh this update is too short ma'am

Give us more, we need sometin light for the weekend biko kiss
Re: Inheritance by AJECKING(m): 5:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
demsel! demsel! demsel! ...how many times did i call u! anyway u r gr8t kip it app.
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2019
Who is to be accused if not Derrick?

Re: Inheritance by francium001: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2019
I done land, thanks for the mention
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 5:37pm On Mar 22, 2019
Alas! We accused the wrong person and izaray don swear for Derrick already. Damsel please unravel the criminal abeg. Thanks for the update.
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2019
op thanks so much for the short update
Re: Inheritance by skubido(m): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hmmmm.

Tanks for the update

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Last Star. / Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.