Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Inheritance - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Inheritance (31526 Views)

New From Lleigh........ My Grandfather's Inheritance. / A Buckeye Hollow Inheritance By Bret Harte / The Inheritance(a Thrilling Romance Story)by Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:06pm On Mar 29, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op well done

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Treasure17:
Greedy fellow. Thanks for the update damsel.

Thanks Trea baby
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update ma'am

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by queenitee(f): 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:38am On Apr 02, 2019
CHAPTER NINE

Jasper stepped out of the apartment all dressed, he locked the door and headed towards the gate, he had gone to live with Sandra and decided to search for something to do in order to help bring food to the house, just as he was few kilometers away from the gate, a Young man came into the compound but shouted the moment he set his eyes on Jasper.

"Jesus Christ" the young man shouted as his briefcase fell off his hand.

"What is it?, Why are you shouting?" Jasper asked looking at the young man.

"This can't be, it's a lie" the young man shouted again rushing to his apartment.

Jasper shrugged and left the compound all the same. He trekked under the scorching sun in search of a vacancy advertisement, he stopped at a kiosk and bought a chilled lacasera and a gala, he ate slowly with his eyes roaming and scanning the area, his eyes finally fell on a notice board with "A security personel needed" he hurriedly gulped Down his lacasera and moved towards the building where he saw the sign, he looked up just above the notice board and boldly written on it was "Zebulon Regional and Estate Management" he wiped a strand of sweat of his face.

"This is really a huge company, if I can get a job here, am sure I will be well paid" he let out a sigh and knocked, he got no response and he knocked again, just then, the gate flew open and a middle aged man stepped out.

"Yes, how can I ...., Jesus Christ, Jesus, what?, No, please don't kill me" the man shouted immediately running back inside and slamming the gate hard.

Jasper opened his eyes in shock and wondered why people would shout immediately they set their eyes on him, he shrugged, dusted his trouser and left sadly.

Just then, the gate was opened with force as a young man and the gate man that came out earlier stepped out looking around in fear.

"Where is he?, I thought you said you saw him?" Derrick asked eyeing the old man.

"I swear to God sir, I saw sir Desmond just few minutes ago, believe me sir" the old man pleaded.

"Then where is he?" Derrick folded his hands against his chest.

"Maybe he disappeared sir" the old man panicked.

"If not that you have been working here right from the start, I would have sacked you mmediately for bringing false information to me" Derrick sneered entering inside the compound.

Sandra came back from work looking all stressed out, he put up a smile all the same as he entered inside the house to share the good news with Jasper, on entering the house, she noticed the sadness and worry on Jasper's face, she walked towards him and brought his face up.

"What is it Jasper?, why is your face looking so dull?" She asked concerned.

"I went in search of a job today, and guess what happened? He sighed.

"You didn't get any?" Sandra asked.

"Yes I didn't get any, but that is not even my problem"

"What is your problem then?"

"Two people saw me today and they ended up shouting and running away as if they saw a ghost" he finally said.

"I don't understand, do you know them from anywhere?" She asked.

"No, I don't know any of them"

"Why did they shout then?"

"I don't know, am as confused as you are" he let out a deep breath.

"Don't let that bother you, I have goodnews for you" she smiled.

"What is it"

"Do you know that barber down the road?"

"Yes, what about him?"

"He was just telling me today that he will be travelling to Ghana next week and he needs someone to stay in the shop for him, the person takes all the money gotten from the shop, but he would make sure that the shop will always be opened and in use" she said.

"Okay?" Jasper said urging her on to talk.

"I remembered you told me about knowing how to Barb, so I told I would bring someone for him" she concluded.

"Oh, okay, so when do I start then?" He said asked.

"Am taking you there tomorrow" she replied firmly with a smile.

2 Likes

Re: Inheritance by izaray(f): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for the update dear
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 2:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Inheritance by Ann2012(f): 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Inheritance by Preshbeauty(f): 8:04am On Apr 04, 2019
imagine, he wanted to become a security personnel in his own father's company.
well done OP
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 8:52pm On Apr 05, 2019
op what's keeping d update na
Re: Inheritance by Itunubabs: 5:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
Nice story..pls we need an update ooo
Biko
Re: Inheritance by WAACUT(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2019
What's happening Baby.. Have you ran out of ideas? We dey wait
Re: Inheritance by Ruthempire1: 8:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Damsel oooo
Where art thou?
Come and finish it ooo
we must know who killed Desmond oo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:31am On Apr 13, 2019
CHAPTER TEN

Nathan came home looking all tired, he stepped into the living room and saw his wife watching the television, he sighed heavily and fell on the sofa.

"Welcome home honey, how was work today?" Mirabel asked her husband.

"Work was fine, I got a call from Derrick earlier today" he answered weakly.

"And what did he say?" she asked looking up at her husband.

"That the gateman said Desmond came to knock on the gate of the company few days ago, but wasn't there anymore when he went to call Derrick" he completed.

"What?, how is that possible, that gateman must be sick or something, or I think he was hallucinating, how can a dead man come back to life?" she sneered.

"Do you still love him?" Nathan asked all of a sudden.

"He was my husband for many years and am bound to still have feelings for him" she replied shaking her head.

"Will you ever love me?" he asked again.

"Why the questions Nath?"

"I want to know"

"I Love you already Nath, you are my new husband" she coughed and smiled.

Daniel looked at his hair in the mirror, he let out a sigh, picked up his wallet and left the house, he got to the barbershop down the road and entered the shop, just as he stepped inside, he froze as he saw who the new barber was.

"Not again, why are you stalking me?, go away, the living and the dead don't have anything in common, leave me alone, am already suffering because of you" Daniel said weakly.

"What are you talking about? Were you not the same person that shouted the other you saw me?, what is wrong with you?" Jasper asked going to touch the young man.

"Stay away from me, don't touch me" Daniel shouted and ran back home.

He rushed into his house and ran past his girlfriend, running into the bedroom, his girlfriend followed him immediately asking what the problem was.

"What is it Dan?, are you been chased by someone or something?" Cynthia asked breathing hard.

"I saw him again Cyn" Daniel said gasping for air.

"Who exactly did you see?" she asked letting out a sigh.

"The dead man, he is the new barber down the road"

"Oh my God" Cynthia gasped in shock but continued immediately. "Don't you think God wants you to confess and tell the authorities what you saw?" she asked squatting beside her boyfriend.

"Am scared, what if they jail me for not saying anything all these years?" he asked holding unto Cynthia

"But he is tormenting you, look at you, you are like a walking dead man" she said standing on her feet and then continued "This won't do, stand up and have a change of clothes, we are going to the police station to tell them what you saw a year ago at the Bryan cliff" she said with a note of finality.

1 Like

Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:32am On Apr 13, 2019
izaray:
Thanks for the update dear

Thanks boo
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:33am On Apr 13, 2019
Treasure17:
Thanks for the update.

Thanks Trea honey
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update

Thanks bae
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Preshbeauty:
imagine, he wanted to become a security personnel in his own father's company.

well done OP

Thanks presh
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op what's keeping d update na

I have been busy but am back now honey, thanks for reading
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2019
Itunubabs:
Nice story..pls we need an update ooo
Biko

Thanks dear
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:37am On Apr 13, 2019
WAACUT:
What's happening Baby.. Have you ran out of ideas? We dey wait

Am here now boo, thanks
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 9:38am On Apr 13, 2019
Ruthempire1:
Damsel oooo
Where art thou?
Come and finish it ooo
we must know who killed Desmond oo

Am back, thanks
Re: Inheritance by Ruthempire1: 9:40am On Apr 13, 2019
So Daniel witnessed the murder of Desmond, well-done OP.
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 9:43am On Apr 13, 2019
op well done, am even getting confused with all these ppl names don't even know who is who again
Re: Inheritance by bizza45: 9:55am On Apr 13, 2019
nice one but try to dey update nah ... abi is it one week one update
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2019
Ruthempire1:
So Daniel witnessed the murder of Desmond, well-done OP.

thanks
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2019
Kaycee9242:
op well done, am even getting confused with all these ppl names don't even know who is who again

Nathan is the family lawyer
Mirabel is Desmond's former wife
Daniel is Sandra's neighbor, the one that came to greet Sandra the day she moved in

you already know who Jasper is, or are you still confused?
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2019
bizza45:
nice one but try to dey update nah ... abi is it one week one update

thanks for reading, I was busy but am back now
Re: Inheritance by chisiudeh: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2019
Thanks OP. Welcome. Though I'm a more keen now than ever to know what happened and who's hands is stained with blood.
Re: Inheritance by damselposh(f): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2019
chisiudeh:
Thanks OP. Welcome. Though I'm a more keen now than ever to know what happened and who's hands is stained with blood.

Thanks boo, I will soon unravel that
Re: Inheritance by Treasure17(m): 11:19am On Apr 13, 2019
Good you are back from your sabbatical damsel. Thanks for the update.
Re: Inheritance by Kaycee9242(m): 2:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
damselposh:

Nathan is the family lawyer
Mirabel is Desmond's former wife
Daniel is Sandra's neighbor, the one that came to greet Sandra the day she moved in

you already know who Jasper is, or are you still confused?

ok ok I can connect them now, it was dt Daniel dt confused me I was thinking Derrick name was Daniel. of course I know who Jasper is . plz make d update more often so u don't need to be explaining d characters to us like this. thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

The Last Smile. / The Last Star. / Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.