Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America (2024 Views)

Looking For Friends With Benefits In North America / Is Europe Lying To Us About Their History? ((photos)) / North America Africa Economic & Investment Forum....(naaeif) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:04pm On Mar 17, 2019
undecided
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
You are joking right?
Have you been to New York?
Toronto?
Los Angeles?
Europe has whole cities that do not have none Caucasian people.
North and South America are a lot more racially and ethnically diverse than Europe in a long shot.
Travel it’s best to see rather than have something explained to you, that’s the best teacher - experience. P

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
Whites are more friendly to blacks there compared to America
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 6:25pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:
You have not been to Russia
Or parts of Germany or Poland, Austria.
Maybe it’s you that has the issue here. It seems a bit of a fallacy to make very generalised comment when you have not travelled extensively. But then this NL.
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

Maybe it’s you that has the issue here. It seems a bit of a fallacy to make very generalised comment when you have not travelled extensively. But then this NL.

My exchange student friends from Europe said Europe is more multicultural than North America

Russia. Germany, Poland are part of Europe
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

russia is a multicultural society, must black people be there before it is called a multicultural society.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

My exchange student friends from Europe said Europe is more multicultural than North America

Russia. Germany, Poland are part of Europe
So you have not been, this what shall we call it second hand information?
Russia, Germany and Poland are examples to counteract the argument you are trying to make.
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

whites in europe or in america are not friendly to blacks, they just pretend to be, try to live in their areas and see how they pack out in masses because they believe you have devalued their properties. they even put limitations on the number of blacks that can live where they live.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 6:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
Just because a country has spatterings off black people here and there does not make it multicultural, let’s start with what defines a country has being multicultural?
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

So you have not been, this what shall we call it second hand information?
Russia, Germany and Poland are examples to counteract the argument you are trying to make.

I just came here to learn
Because my friends from uk claimed their country is more multicultural than North America
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:
Just because a country has spatterings off black people here and there does not make it multicultural, let’s start with what defines a country has being multicultural?

different ethinic group and cultural groups living in a society, with that definition, india, nigeria, russia are in that category.
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

I just came here to learn
Because my friends from uk claimed their country is more multicultural than North America

big city centers like london is multicultural, there are still some part of the uk where people of other races and cultures are rare to find. there are even cities in america where blacks or other ethnic group are rear, states like Wyoming difficult to see blacks and other groups

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:54pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

Looks like big cities are more multicultural than small ones

Because more white guys hit on me in the big city compared to the small city
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
I heard in the UK
More white families want their children to date people from other races

And in the UK, many mixed people
Even Prince Harry, high class white person married a mixed race person
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:
I heard in the UK
More white families want their children to date people from other races

And in the UK, many mixed people
Even Prince Harry, high class white person married a mixed race person

interracial marriages are not looked down upon in UK big cities unlike in the US, i guess everything has to do with history, the US has a brutal history on interracial marriages, it was banned before.

from what i understand interracial marriages are common among low class and middle-income homes both in the UK and America, high-class people marry their own race. prince harry was just first of their kind.

in the US for instance interrracial marriage was just a chance for some black male to move up the ladder, i think it is similar in the uk too.

interracial marriages is not only about black and white marriages.

in the US, the most common type of intermarriage is between a partner who is white and one who is Hispanic – those relationships accounted for 38% of all intermarriages. White-Asian couples accounted for another 14% of intermarriages, and white-black couples made up 8%
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 7:09pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

Looks like big cities are more multicultural than small ones

Because more white guys hit on me in the big city compared to the small city
And this is how you reached this conclusion based on being hit on?
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 7:21pm On Mar 17, 2019
Guangzhou is multicultural courtesy of the Nigerian brothers doing their thing over there.
Asia in general is a lot more tolerant than most.
The United States has far more mixed marriages/unions than the United Kingdom. This is not rocket science.
It’s hard to discuss matters relating to diversity and multiculturalism when you have been to 1-2 European cities or none at all. Kind of defeats the purpose really.
When you have been to places like Chisinau and Murmansk where they have never seen any black people expect on television we can convo until then happy travels.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

And this is how you reached this conclusion based on being hit on?

You see people from different races dating each other
People are not scared to sit down beside a black person on the bus

In the UK, you see adele, she always has black people in her videos

I have not lived here for long
And I been out of school for 5 years, still learning

Don't know much
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:
Guangzhou is multicultural courtesy of the Nigerian brothers doing their thing over there.
Asia in general is a lot more tolerant than most.
The United States has far more mixed marriages/unions than the United Kingdom. This is not rocket science.
It’s hard to discuss matters relating to diversity and multiculturalism when you have been to 1-2 European cities or none at all. Kind of defeats the purpose really.
When you have been to places like Chisinau and Murmansk where they have never seen any black people expect on television we can convo until then happy travels.

You claim Russia is not multicultural
But wetdick said Russia is more multicultural

And my Russian friends are always nice to me
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

You claim Russia is not multicultural
But wetdick said Russia is more multicultural

And my Russian friends are always nice to me

multiculturalism doesnt mean black people must be living in that society

in russia for instance, there are ethnic russians, ethnic tatars, ethnic kavkas, ethnic chechens, ethnic turks, jews living in russia.

russia has a large muslim population in europe. 10% of russian population are muslims. russia is a very diverse society, dont forget russia is in europe and also in asia.

china also is very diverse, there are ethnic hans, mongols, turks, gin, tai people living in china.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Fidelismaria: 7:57pm On Mar 17, 2019
Here to Read comments

Check my signature
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 9:38pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:

You see people from different races dating each other
People are not scared to sit down beside a black person on the bus

In the UK, you see adele, she always has black people in her videos

I have not lived here for long
And I been out of school for 5 years, still learning

Don't know much
Do you always believe what people say without challenging things?
So Adele having black people in her video is a sign of multiculturalism? Oh wow ..now this is something on a level I am yet to determine.
Does Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber not have black people too?
Don’t mistaken politeness for being nice, just because someone is courteous does not mean they embrace you.
You have much to learn. A lot. Travel too helps put things in perspective.
As for the person you quoted Russia as being multicultural they need to visit Moscow this year and count how many mixed couples they see walking around.
I go to Russia at least once a year or every two years multiculturalism is not synonymous to Russian society .
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
wetdick:

multiculturalism doesnt mean black people must be living in that society

in russia for instance, there are ethnic russians, ethnic tatars, ethnic kavkas, ethnic chechens, ethnic turks, jews living in russia.

russia has a large muslim population in europe. 10% of russian population are muslims. russia is a very diverse society, dont forget russia is in europe and also in asia.

china also is very diverse, there are ethnic hans, mongols, turks, gin, tai people living in china.
When it used to be called USSR that applied
Not anymore
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by MissRaine69(f): 9:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
If they are all the same race, speak the same language but vary in ethnicity slightly how multicultural is that society? It’s still in essence homogeneous to some
extent. Arguing Russia is multicultural on the basis of history.
Chechnyas will never call themselves Russians, nor will Cossacks who are Belarusian. Russia in its modern state is not multicultural society, it might have different ethnicities but they converse in one language.
Now since neither of you has been a to place like NYC were you can see how multicultural that place. I can only urge you to put it on your bucket list.
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 17, 2019
I lived in moscow for work and even had a Russian gf, was there again during the past world cup, where i visited different museums and visited an important university called PFUR(where most foreigner studies)

i agree with wetdick, Russia is a multicultural and multiethnic society.

Russia has a large Muslim population and most of Russia oil facilities is located in the Muslim dominated part of Russia

the Chechens and other ethnic groups are not Russians but do have Russian passports, therefore, making them citizens of russia, there are lot of republics inside Russia, these republics have their natives living there. i even made friends with some of these guys, ethnic russians do not like these guys from Chechens because of a history of suicide bombings and hostages in Moscow

russia also has a large population of tartars, one of the biggest rap artist in russia when i was there (timati) is ethnic tartar. tartars are predominately muslims

the russians are facially, culturally different from the chenchens and tartars, the latter has more Asiatic features while the Russian has the european facial feature with the blue eyes.

tartars and Chechens have there own cultures and languages but speak russians and their native languages when in Moscow

moscow is a very diverse and multi-cultural city. there are mixed couples in moscow and it doesnt mean it has to be black and white couples.

also, there are russian Cossack who lives in russia and ukranian cossack who lives in Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Avedonn: 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2019
wetdick:

whites in europe or in america are not friendly to blacks, they just pretend to be, try to live in their areas and see how they pack out in masses because they believe you have devalued their properties. they even put limitations on the number of blacks that can live where they live.

I don't blame them because some black are just terrible to live with.

They are just trying to protect themselves against drugs related crimes which most blacks are known for.
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 10:42pm On Mar 17, 2019
When I meant multicultural, I meant accepting other races
And not just sticking to their white race

I don't care about how many ethnic groups they have or religion
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 10:49pm On Mar 17, 2019
MissRaine69:

Do you always believe what people say without challenging things?
So Adele having black people in her video is a sign of multiculturalism? Oh wow ..now this is something on a level I am yet to determine.
Does Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber not have black people too?
Don’t mistaken politeness for being nice, just because someone is courteous does not mean they embrace you.
You have much to learn. A lot. Travel too helps put things in perspective.
As for the person you quoted Russia as being multicultural they need to visit Moscow this year and count how many mixed couples they see walking around.
I go to Russia at least once a year or every two years multiculturalism is not synonymous to Russian society .

I never said what I said was right
When you told me, uk is not multicultural as I heard, I never argued
I have not lived in North America for so long to argue with you

I met a British Jamaican exchange student and her Venezuelan friend who came to study in North America who claimed UK is more multicultural than North America
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 10:50pm On Mar 17, 2019
I see this British Nigerian rapper always with white girls
And always with white people
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Ilamina(f): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2019
Avedonn:

I don't blame them because some black are just terrible to live with.

They are just trying to protect themselves against drugs related crimes which most blacks are known for.

grin funny
Re: Why Is Europe More Multicultural Than North America by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 17, 2019
Ilamina:
When I meant multicultural, I meant accepting other races
And not just sticking to their white race

I don't care about how many ethnic groups they have or religion

yes. one of the greatest writers in russia history, alexander pushkin, his granfather was a man from ethopia, his grand father was a top ranking general in the russian army who was brought to russia by the russia king

in Russia, you can find various ethnic groups who are not white but are predominately Asians, there are in fact lot of Afro Russians in living in russia

a black man from Cameroon or congo, i have forgotten the african country, was elected as a mayor of a town in russia.

(1) (2) (Reply)

+18 Another Fake Big Ass Bouncing / Hot!! Passionate Pre-wedding Photo Of Fitness Coach & His Gymnast Girlfriend / The Latest Way Guys Defraud Ladies......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.