Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April (14276 Views)

The Poor State Of Port-Harcourt - Aba Train Services (Video, Photos) / Soldier Dies After Allegedly Falling Off Army Van On His Way To Kaduna (Photos) / Nigerian Railway Shuts Train Services Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by millionboi2: 11:06am On Mar 18, 2019
adekhingz:

Stop cursing NIgeria.........Nigeria is blessed.
thanks let me correct it nw.

But I bliv u understand me shaaa

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Frezhkid10(m): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2019
Why Kaduna....Most of the containers coming in...are mostly going to South and east!!!!!
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by QuotaSystem: 11:08am On Mar 18, 2019
One of the main reasons I supported Buhari!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by ekpaben(m): 11:11am On Mar 18, 2019
South South and South East are alway schemed out of their plan whereas, that's where the money is coming from. One Nigeria is indeed a Scam.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:12am On Mar 18, 2019
enigma2007:

I think the Onne port is designated for oil related activities and so i don't think they will get general traffic like that.
other ports in West Africa and central Africa are competing with Nigeria,Togo now has the busiest port a with a population of 8million ,but a large % is coming to Nigeria.so other ports are needed .
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:14am On Mar 18, 2019
Frezhkid10:
Why Kaduna....Most of the containers coming in...are mostly going to South and east!!!!!
You also need a dry port with connections to ports near you including a freetrade zone.its your governors that can help you people with that,Lagos has lekki port, badagry port,ondo etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:16am On Mar 18, 2019
ekpaben:
South South and South East are alway schemed out of their plan whereas, that's where the money is coming from. One Nigeria is indeed a Scam.
South South has ports and derive 13% from it's allocation.

2 Likes

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by alizma: 11:17am On Mar 18, 2019
Kendumazy:
Hope April will be April
anything related to Ameachi is 85% sure

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by adekhingz(m): 11:18am On Mar 18, 2019
millionboi2:
thanks let me correct it nw.

But I bliv u understand me shaaa

Of course boss!! Our government is not making matter easy for the country. But we still need to keep being optimistic that one day, E Go Better!

2 Likes

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by enigma2007(m): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

other ports in West Africa and central Africa are competing with Nigeria,Togo now has the busiest port a with a population of 8million ,but a large % is coming to Nigeria.so other ports are needed .

I agree that other ports are needed. Like the Calabar one that you mentioned should be deepened and road/rail networks worked on. The state gov can approach the FG on partnership that would see them develop this port.. No one will ship to a place with bad roads or places where they cannot easily get out their goods.

Time to start getting these state govs to be proactive in managing some of their resources.

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by enigma2007(m): 11:23am On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

Most of those goods are designated for Nigeria.. So Nigeria can strangle all of that traffic easily if they want to... So we need to work on all our ports and develop a comprehensive rail networks so that goods can move seamless across the country.

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:29am On Mar 18, 2019
enigma2007:

I agree that other ports are needed. Like the Calabar one that you mentioned should be deepened and road/rail networks worked on. The state gov can approach the FG on partnership that would see them develop this port.. No one will ship to a place with bad roads or places where they cannot easily get out their goods.

Time to start getting these state govs to be proactive in managing some of their resources.
We need to restructure the country,all money generated at the ports belongs to federal and not states.in a regional system the money made will belong to the region.All money collected in apapa and tincan ports belongs to the federal government,this is 419.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:31am On Mar 18, 2019
enigma2007:

Most of those goods are designated for Nigeria.. So Nigeria can strangle all of that traffic easily if they want to... So we need to work on all our ports and develop a comprehensive rail networks so that goods can move seamless across the country.

We need competition,fiscal federalism ,to enable speed in infastructure, development, education etc..

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by enigma2007(m): 11:35am On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

We need to restructure the country,all money generated at the ports belongs to federal and not states.in a regional system the money made will belong to the region.All money collected in apapa and tincan ports belongs to the federal government,this is 419.

Serious 419.. This is up to the legislators.. They need to make laws that will enable the states to share in the revenue from those ports if restructuring is not going to work...

Unfortunately, those legislooters are not interested in making such laws rather they are interested in things that will enrich them further.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Charly68: 11:41am On Mar 18, 2019
Wailers won't believe this good news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 11:42am On Mar 18, 2019
enigma2007:

Serious 419.. This is up to the legislators.. They need to make laws that will enable the states to share in the revenue from those ports if restructuring is not going to work...

Unfortunately, those legislooters are not interested in making such laws rather they are interested in things that will enrich them further.
The pailament is lopsided with a section of the country dominating the assembly,so no reasonable bills normally pass in the house,so restructuring can't take place.start from the airport customs to the ports ,a section of Nigeria dominate the work place.so they will protect this system forever.the head of the port is a young lady also from a section of the country.its been this way for many years.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by luluosas(m): 11:51am On Mar 18, 2019
Good one. But I was thinking where would the train be passing, not until I read the post. Was initially thinking whether it was the uncompleted Lagos - Ibadan rail line.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
tesppidd:
There is this set of Nigerians who wouldn't like this.

Bring any good news to them and they get into sifia pains.
It seems as if you guys think there will be no consequences from the divisive, ethnocentric, one-sided governance you are applauding today. Gaddafi was bolder than your tin god. Ditto Abacha, Samuel Doe, Saddam Hussein. If you do anyhow, one day you go see anyhow.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by enigma2007(m): 12:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

The pailament is lopsided with a section of the country dominating the assembly,so no reasonable bills normally pass in the house,so restructuring can't take place.start from the airport customs to the ports ,a section of Nigeria dominate the work place.so they will protect this system forever.the head of the port is a young lady also from a section of the country.its been this way for many years.

That is why we need people that can make deals in the National assemblies.. Concessions need to happen else the status quo will remain the same.. We have abt 17 southern states with equal numbers of reps n senators. They need to make deals that will help their region.

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Lunockgold: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2019
Honor10:

u go sch at all? tell me what Nigeria get from SE? olodo, attache by force, SS is not equal to SE
you are an idiot ,T Y DANJUMA's oil block is in Abia state ,imo state is an oil producing state .the entire 5 states in that region produce oil so try nd see ur doctor nw.
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by danmagajicliff(m): 12:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
GOOD MOVE
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by IMAliyu(m): 1:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

True and all natural resources belong to the FGN as well. A regional system will create completion and faster development between the regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Stealthwaterz(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Heavy locos should be included with spare parts and good maintenance team cause dats the main problem
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Honor10: 1:24pm On Mar 18, 2019
Lunockgold:
you are an idiot ,T Y DANJUMA's oil block is in Abia state ,imo state is an oil producing state .the entire 5 states in that region produce oil so try nd see ur doctor nw.

you are a fool, only imo(1.06%) and Abia(0.68%) produce oil in ur entire cursed region, and ondo alone produce (3.74%) of the total oil in Nigeria, so Ondo alone produce times 3 of the oil ur useless states produce. Liar! u can only deceive ur fellow pigs.

This is the link, educate urself and stop disgracing ur family

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/oil-producing-states-in-nigeria-presently-full-list/

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by Stealthwaterz(m): 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

The little ones that has been alocated to them how well have they managed it compare the infrastructural projects of state governments between north and south and see, remember the likes of ibori, decentralize finance and watch the south balkanize themselves so every body can have their pocket share leaving an ordinary man with nothing.

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
enigma2007:

That is why we need people that can make deals in the National assemblies.. Concessions need to happen else the status quo will remain the same.. We have abt 17 southern states with equal numbers of reps n senators. They need to make deals that will help their region.
Seems difficult and a waste of time,does people are very tactical and you will watch them.the best thing is do what Lagos is doing,it is developing is own port ,lekki deep sea and badagry ports and a freetrade zone,people will ship to a port with the best facilities and personals including infastructures.You can employ the citizens of the states to work there without quota system nonense.Lekki airport is also same strategy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by olas24u(f): 1:39pm On Mar 18, 2019
Stealthwaterz:
The little ones that has been alocated to them how well have they managed it compare the infrastructural projects of state governments between north and south and see, remember the likes of ibori, decentralize finance and watch the south balkanize themselves so every body can have their pocket share leaving an ordinary man with nothing.
It use to be 45% before,look it cost more to build roads and some infastructures in the South South areas.this is how countries are developing ,you cannot centralize everything ,it's increasing poverty and increasing corruption and instability.hoow can you make money here and go and build another place with the money.the money is shared a cording to number of states and local governments,and you have created more local governments for yourselves to receive more money and people producing the wealtj get less money ,because they have less local and state government .
Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by enigma2007(m): 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
olas24u:

Seems difficult and a waste of time,does people are very tactical and you will watch them.the best thing is do what Lagos is doing,it is developing is own port ,lekki deep sea and badagry ports and a freetrade zone,people will ship to a port with the best facilities and personals including infastructures.You can employ the citizens of the states to work there without quota system nonense.Lekki airport is also same strategy.

Now you get my point about proactive govs.. They need to develop their states and stop waiting for FG to do it. They should use their allocations to get investors to come in...We need more competent people at state level.

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by APCsupporter: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
netflicks:

The east really needs this development more than the north but oga there is a deliberate effort to frustrate the igbos that's the plan of the APC govt. ..have u seen any concrete project going on in the East? The fact is APC govt seems to have an agenda to divide the country.

How can one state serve the whole country in terms of shipping ports when we have warri and onitsha which are supposed to be fully functional...that's why lagos state brag about high IGR I don't feel suprised...even at that they can't maintain the port go to apapa u will be left with unanswered questions as to what are they using the funds generated from the port for...

Just shut the F up. Do you know how many northern projects Buhari cancelled just to favour the south west? I think Friendng can list a few for you. You have been saying the north is underdeveloped despite all the presidents we produced. Now that the presidents we produced are beginning to develop our region, you want to start complaining. One thing i know is that the SE cannot stop Buhari from working for the north that has shown much love to him. The SW has enjoyed its own and it is now our turn. In Afam4ever's voice, go to your oga Atiku if you feel you are marginalised

1 Like

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by APCsupporter: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2019
QuotaSystem:
One of the main reasons I supported Buhari!

Same here. Though i don't like his attitude towards Zamfara people. They need more attention

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cargo Train Services From Lagos To Kaduna To Commence In April by FriendNG: 8:20pm On Mar 18, 2019
APCsupporter:

Just shut the F up. Do you know how many northern projects Buhari cancelled just to favour the south west? I think Friendng can list a few for you. You have been saying the north is underdeveloped despite all the presidents we produced. Now that the presidents we produced are beginning to develop our region, you want to start complaining. One thing i know is that the SE cannot stop Buhari from working for the north that has shown much love to him. The SW has enjoyed its own and it is now our turn. In Afam4ever's voice, go to your oga Atiku if you feel you are marginalised

Ai in Buhari baimana aiki ba wannan Karan sai munyi Allah ya'isa.

I don't have time to educate those who do not want to be educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airlines Inaugurates All-female Crew Flight To Nigeria / Denmark Greencard. / Eid-el-fitr: Aregbesola Provides Free Train Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.