Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,313 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island (47118 Views)

Fire Guts Another Building In Lagos (Photos) / Another Building Collapses In Onitsha, Five Escape Death / Photos As 3-Storey Building Collapses In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by whiteafrique: 6:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
Moreover most dilapidated structures in Lagos Island has over stretched
its lifespan they need to be demolished,so much pressure on the materials
the number of occupants both life and dead loads pressure is more now
than its original plan..
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by damzy88: 6:05pm On Mar 18, 2019
Adephemmy300:
I think today I have witnessed the highest exhibition of stupidity anybody can put on show, the way some people think sometimes mks you wonder if they were ever created with a brain or they've decided not to mk use of it at all. Na wa o. Why bring ethnicity into issues like this.. This is just appalling.
This is Pathetic. Instead of commiserating with the victims, the whole thread has been littered with some unnecessary ethnic rhetoric. Which way Nigerians. embarassed
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by montumonami(m): 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2019
I don't like Buhari.... Does building existed while Buhari was still in the farm with his cows before becoming the president
limeta:
The choice you make
This is what voting Buhari is all about
God don vex
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by limeta(f): 6:10pm On Mar 18, 2019
Babacele:
you no even dey shame ,again. So All the disaster wey happen under GEJ ,means God dey vex say we voted GEJ? U just dey fall my hand.

Boo
Lef me hand pls
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by ewawumi(f): 6:14pm On Mar 18, 2019
engrpheleeks:

Oponu sowenu... see your mouth like shut down building materials. Na una open the shop for us abi? Awon smellos
Who thought this one how to write Yoruba? Why even stress myself, if not for we the afonjas, even your igwes won't be able to spell their name. Akumamoojudi
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by mistyebby(f): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2019
freeze001:
Is this the era of collapsing buildings? What is going on?
For those that cannot focus on the unfortunate incident for what it is but choose to start displaying ethnic bigotry, una dey mad!

News had it that dredging was done around the area. Couldn't it be the cause of the building collapse.

Although those houses I'm sure are dilapidated. But the incident could be as a result of that dredging. Scientists in the building, I'm I wrong?
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by ewawumi(f): 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
Jokkarm2:

you are a he g... .t . why can you people live in a better houses like ndi igbo . ndi igbo lives in vgc, ikoyi, vi, different estate. why do you people like to be 200 in one building?
with that multitude, why wont the building fall with also dirty set of people .
Its obvious who came from the he goat tribe, shebi you people only build houses in those your water infested villages and cannot live there? If you people are so certain we cannot do without you, please, pack yourself and go to all those house you build with blood money in your deserted village. No wonder you always die when you attempt to go to village

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Oshoemmy: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chizuru01:

Afonja people and their hopelessness will buy building material made to construct a small poultry farm and use it to build 3 storey building. You people should be grateful to us, if not you people would wake up one day inside lagoon as una city has collapsed

The rate at which all these ethnically biased and stereotypical statements are constantly on the forefront of all major discourse marvels me. Why become more educated if your mind will only become smaller to understanding.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by SuperIgbo1(m): 6:23pm On Mar 18, 2019
Humanitarian5t:

If Una don abuse finish... Come chop president. You guys are animals... People dying and all you have to say is rubbish Igbos are demons I am sorry to say

You're a mooron. What makes you think an average Igbo is interested in your dumbass presidency?

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Chuksxyview(m): 6:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

We never had problem with building collapse until yanminri started selling substandard and fake building materials to contractors and builders. We might shut down your building materials market to preserve life and safety. What do you think? grin

Am really disappointed you could say this,which of the market do you purchase substandard and fake irons,cements,rods,sand,gravel etc. I thought you should know that these specialty products can hardly be adulterated. What do you now say about the contractor and civil engineer that supervised the construction work of the building. I guess he does not know he was using adulterated and fake(if atal) products for the building work. Poor job done to any building is solely caused by bad and poor personnels (ie be it the contractor,engineer,builders,project owner,bricklayer etc). Their incompetency in doing the right thing is evident in the building collapses. On a more serious note,tribalism is really clouding our mindset even on a civil and humane issues. There was really a country!
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

We never had problem with building collapse until yanminri started selling substandard and fake building materials to contractors and builders. We might shut down your building materials market to preserve life and safety. What do you think? grin

you've got a piont

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by ChristianNorth: 6:42pm On Mar 18, 2019
LeFreakSoChic:

The house wey una no gree build for una caves because of your old folks waiting to suck the progress out of your destinies. Na afonja land una feel safe. Oloriburuku
Enugu is still more beautiful than any shitt hole you crawled out from.

I am sure an Igbo man has bought your family land.

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by TruthinAction: 6:43pm On Mar 18, 2019
It's a bad omen. It points to the collapse of the nation.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 18, 2019
People are dying senselessly because of others greed and selfishness. Too sad
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Hoodbilonia: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
Pdp
Woa woa
Daz the sound of deh police
Woh woh
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 18, 2019
I hope d wife of the President is still in Lagos grin and if she's not,i hope she as prepared to visit Lagos again.MAY GOD PUT AN END TO DIS TRAGEDY
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by engrpheleeks(m): 6:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
ewawumi:

Who thought this one how to write Yoruba? Why even stress myself, if not for we the afonjas, even your igwes won't be able to spell their name. Akumamoojudi
Olodo. It's 'taught' not 'thought'. Empty brain.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by FemiEddy(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
LuciferAnointed:
grin grin

Christmas has come early.
And will end soon wink
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2019
Anyway as always said we nigerians are very very stupid. We know in nigerian can do nothing for us but we go and vote for in nigerian then when we start kill like termites we start complaining. In nigeria we run away from nigeria knowing that a nigerian could do nothing for him in nigeria when you get abroad the first thing he wants to do is vote for in nigeria and then suffer. Voting and suffering is nigerian speciality. I have never seen people as stupid as we nigerians before in my whole life the more they suffer the more happier they are the more in nigerian kills them the better they are. Nigeria is 158 country in the world in human development index but nigerians they want to vote for in nigeria so that they can suffer more
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by BabaRamota1980: 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2019
mistyebby:

News had it that dredging was done around the area. Couldn't it be the cause of the building collapse.

Although those houses I'm sure are dilapidated. But the incident could be as a result of that dredging. Scientists in the building, I'm I wrong?

Yinmu...

grin

Do you know how many times we have dredged around NITEL building on Marina? Why hin no scatter?

Why Independence building, just one street down no scatter?

Why Western House behind it no scatter?

Why be say na three story buildings built with cement and rods supplied by yanminri dey scatter?

Anything yanminri contribute to ends in ruin. Na yanminri development dey kill Lagos homes so o! grin

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Geesaintagape: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2019
Nothing is happy with the presidential election
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by savageboss77(m): 7:32pm On Mar 18, 2019
buhari why

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by mistyebby(f): 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Yinmu...

grin

Do you know how many times we have dredged around NITEL building on Marina? Why hin no scatter?

Why Independence building, just one street down no scatter?

Why Western House behind it no scatter?

Why be say na three story buildings built with cement and rods supplied by yanminri dey scatter?

Anything yanminri contribute to ends in ruin. Na yanminri development dey kill Lagos homes so o! grin

You guys have been totally useless to the growth of this economy from the time go.

So you admit yanminri supplied the building materials cheesy Go and import your own na tongue. Una go tire.

Even the education you guys claim to have is no more. Go to south west states and see your youths wasting and wallowing. Riding bikes up and down. tongue

You should be grateful to Yanminri corpers who are trying to impact knowledge to those ones over there. Smh for Afonja's

But tbh, can the average Afonja afford to buy quality building materials?? With state govt salary? trader moni? Abi Oyes salary?cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Jolite(m): 7:40pm On Mar 18, 2019
Lagos politicians paying back to the sources of their victory,lagosians be careful.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by sharpsecret: 7:51pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

is d same building materials we sell to abuja,SE,SS,U hardly hear houses collapsing there,ur soil is weak just like how AFONJAS are weak,so dont blame us,blame ur lagoon filled lagos

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by kernniejay(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chizuru01:

Afonja people and their hopelessness will buy building material made to construct a small poultry farm and use it to build 3 storey building. You people should be grateful to us, if not you people would wake up one day inside lagoon as una city has collapsed
We should be grateful to you for going to china to specify fake standard products and ship them to Nigeria? we should be grateful to you guys for secretly going to remove transformers parts at night and electricity cables to start selling them back to the community? we should be grateful for all the fake Aba made shoes and bags? For all the "Abbibas" "Nika" "Saen John" "Tommy Hilfijer" etc that you produce in your own adulterated version?
Truth is, you guys are the main problem of Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON).
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Chizuru01(m): 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2019
kernniejay:

We should be grateful to you for going to china to specify fake standard products and ship them to Nigeria? we should be grateful to u guys 4 secretly going to remove transformers parts at night ...
lol
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 18, 2019
Clairevoyant:

Broke afonjas will always request for cheap things, who are we not to supply the demanded?
How many house collapse do you hear in the east
Business is business and it's strictly financial
they don't call fake things Aba made/ ojukwu for nothing. Igbos are the original manufacturers and consumers of sub-standard products.
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 18, 2019
sharpsecret:
is d same building materials we sell to abuja,SE,SS,U hardly hear houses collapsing there,ur soil is weak just like how AFONJAS are weak,so dont blame us,blame ur lagoon filled lagos
then go back your ancestors' barren land in the east.

It is not by force to bring your pimple laden younger brothers to Lagos to save your family's wretched condition.

Loud mouthed, chest beating parasites.

1 Like

Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Indomie001: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2019
BabaRamota1980:

Savege!!!
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Clairevoyant: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2019
Dareal90s:

We don't want that type in our region. Have u seen such in american movies ?
Now I know you have an ijebu native doctor as supplier of the weed you smoke. You don't even know which country you come from. Mtcheeew
Re: Another Building Collapses In Lagos At Egerton Square, Alakoro Lagos Island by Clairevoyant: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2019
funmisticqueen2:
they don't call fake things Aba made/ ojukwu for nothing. Igbos are the original manufacturers and consumers of sub-standard products.
Am happy you understand we add to this economy. Am also happy you know it's you who purchase fake things.i appreciate the fact that you know how dumb you are. Twale sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Places In Lagos You Should Be Careful Of Before Buying Land / Lands And Houses In Estates For Sale At Choice Places In Lagos. / Lady House Hunting Shares Photo Of Kitchen In Apartment She Was Asked To Inspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.