|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,294,533 members, 5,039,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 at 11:52 AM
How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online / Let's Make $1000 In The Next 60 Days And Create A Steady Income For Ourselves / Do You Want To Make $1000 plus monthly? then get this most wanted tools (2) (3) (4)
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 12:45am On Jul 02|
There's a non-financial (i.e. upfront out of pocket) cost to it...it's legal but you'll earn less than what you could potentially make. That being said, earning something with audiobooks is better than earning nothing so it's not a bad strategy - especially for beginners who don't have the financial resources to use the $300+ strategy.
With regards to your second question, anyone can publish on KDP..there's no restriction on location.
Please note - The blueprint doesn't teach the step-by-step details of audiobook publishing...that information is only available to my mentees. However, one of the strategies in the Blueprint shows you how to bypass the ACX restriction. Following that strategy means you'll essentially clear the way to do audiobook publishing.
All the remaining 12 strategies detailed in the book have to do with scaling your income with Kindle and paperbacks.
You'll also be able to ask me questions (via email, WhatsApp etc.) regarding any part of the strategies you do not fully understand and i'm happy to elaborate on them
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 9:21am On Jul 02|
Good News Everyone
After much thought, I've decided to update the Kindle Blueprint to include the step-by-step details of Audiobook publishing using ACX.
You'll learn how to create your account, how to upload your books, how to hire narrators, how to negotiate with them, how to promote your audiobook to help you sell a lot of them, which niches sell well on audiobook format, Which niches do poorly and why etc.
You also get information regarding other legal ways you can publish audiobooks from Nigeria without paying $300+ to bypass the ACX restriction.
For now, the price of the book will remain at N20,000 (might change in the future).
If you purchased the older version, send me an email (with proof of purchase) and I'll forward you this updated version.
New buyers will also be eligible to receive future updated versions for FREE
For enquiries, email Obinnaezeanaka@yahoo.com
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 2:04pm On Jul 02|
How I made my first Million and my Top Investment Lessons- Ubi Franklin
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 4:56pm On Jul 02|
The momentum in paperback sales have carried on into the month of July - made 32 paperback sales yesterday. This is one of the best starts I've had to a month and it bodes well for the rest of July.
Audiobook sales have been fairly consistent as well.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 6:43pm On Jul 02|
How To Open A PayPal Account In Nigeria
PayPal is the world’s number one online money transfer platform and is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide to send and receive money. For years, PayPal had basically shut Nigeria out due to our notoriety for Internet-related fraud. As fraud detection techniques improved as well as Nigeria’s notion as the largest economy in Africa, PayPal has now lifted restrictions on Nigeria. Owning a PayPal account is quite simple and you can do that in two ways.
1. First thing you do is to go to www.paypal.com/ng
2. Click on signup…select personal or business
3. Personal will be for your personal debit card and business is for your company debit card (if you have one). I suggest you click personal if this is your first time.
4. After selecting personal, click continue…you should see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
5. Fill in your email address (doesn’t have to be Gmail or yahoo. It could be @yourcompanyname)
6. Type in your password and make sure it is one you can remember
7. Go to the next page and type other details such as names, date of birth, address and phone number.
8. Also when filling in your address, make sure that it matches the same address details you filled when you opened a bank account
9. It takes you to a page where you fill in your debit card details
10.Type in your card number, expiry date and the last three digits behind your debit card.
11. Go to your email account and click on verify
Voila!! Your account is set up
Test it by sending $10 to anyone or to your PayPal account abroad (if you have one)
You get debited in naira and you should get an alert from your local bank
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 8:13pm On Jul 02|
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by deafeyez: 11:02pm On Jul 02|
Can the narrator be hired from Fiverr or Upwork.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 11:14pm On Jul 02|
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by morningstar55(m): 11:56am On Jul 03|
HeliosHay:i purchased the older version through teller, but I don’t know where I kept it
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 12:09pm On Jul 03|
Send me an email using the same email address you used when you purchased it..I'll look at the email correspondence and confirm if a purchase was made.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03|
Income Producing Activities
In order to keep growing your publishing earnings, you need to focus your time each day on income producing activities (IPA).
IPAs are activities that will get you closer to making money.
- Spending all day watching movies won't get you closer to making more money
- Spending all day reading motivational books without taking any action won't get you closer to making more money
- Spending all day on Instagram watching peoples stories won't get you closer to making more money
- Spending all day on Facebook chatting and having a good time won't add to your bank account
What should you be doing?
- Doing keyword research to add to your bank of profitable keywords for future books
- Writing good outlines for your books
- Optimizing your book title and description
- Optimizing your AMS ads to get better conversion
- Negotiating and Hiring narrators/ghostwriters
- Designing great covers for your books etc.
These are activities (though not easy) that get you closer to that income goal.
Focus on these, and you'll see a significant change in your fortunes
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 10:29pm On Jul 03|
The Old Way v The New Way
Back in the days (prior to 2007), publishing wasn't a business open to everyone. If you wanted to publish a book, you had to:
1. Write the book (a manuscript)
2. Hire an agent to market your manuscript to publishing houses (E.g Penguin Random House, Wiley etc.)
3. The publishing company will then evaluate your manuscript to see if it has potential (i.e. is there a demand for the subject matter, is it likely to sell well, do they have in-house technical know-how and resources to market the book etc.)
4. If they like your manuscript, they communicate this to you (via your agent) and then you will be offered a contract stipulating who does what and who gets what share of the money made etc.
5. The author then has to commit to also do his or her own share of the marketing (social media shout out, book tours etc)
6. You earn maybe 10-20% royalty if you're lucky
all these..and yet it's very difficult to get a book deal from publishers.
....in comes Amazon to blow the market wide open and level the playing field
Since Amazon launched the Kindle Direct Publishing platform back in 2007, it completely disrupted the market and eliminated the middle man (i.e. the agent), making it possible for just about anybody to become a published author
With the new publishing model pioneered by Amazon:
1. You no longer need to hire an agent
2. You no longer need a publishing house to publish your book
3. You simply upload your manuscript on Amazon, set the price and publish it
4. You can earn as much as 70% royalty on every book sale
5. You have more control (You design your cover the way you want it, you market your book the way you want it)
6. You don't even have to print any of the books to sell (Amazon paperback book formats are sold on a print-on-demand business model where the books are printed and shipped to customers immediately they pay for it on Amazon. This means you do not have to hold inventory of those books in your house hoping that they sell out so you can recover your investment)
..most importantly, you can realise your dream of becoming a published author. Play your cards right and you can even become a best-selling author (I've done that many times and I can tell you it's not that difficult)
Benefits of being a published/bestselling author
1. You have more authority and this can be transferred to your business (imagine being the best selling author of a health and fitness book, what will that do to your reputation as a health consultant? amazing things. You'll be able to command premium prices for your services)
2. Your books sell more when people know they're buying from a best selling author
3. You're able to work with businesses (SMEs, Big corporations etc.) to help them boost their bottom line (As an authority figure, they'll be able to trust your knowledge and experience)
Do this kindle publishing business the right way and you will be well on your way to achieving financial freedom.
It's incredible so many people still do not know this business is even possible..most still think you need a publishing house to become a published author.
Take advantage of this incredible opportunity today!
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 11:22pm On Jul 03|
How Is A Publishing Business Better Than A Traditional Brick-And-Mortar Business?
1. Your business/shop is tied to a certain location (e.g. Ikorodu Lagos). This means to scale you have to set up as many shops in as many different locations as possible. Even then, scaling up your business will be very capital intensive as more and more shops will be needed
With an online publishing business: your asset is for sale to the entire world 24/7
2. You have a lot of overhead costs (e.g cost of running the generator, employee salary etc.)
With an online publishing business: you don't need employees. You can just outsource tasks to virtual assistants all over the world on a contract basis.
3. You rely on the integrity of your workers to keep your business running profitably when you're not around (some sales assistants even steal from you)
With an online publishing business: you can run your business from the comfort of your home or anywhere in the world as long as you have your laptop and access to internet
4. You do not have time freedom. If you're a dentist running a dental care centre, you don't earn if you're sick and unable to work
With an online publishing business: your assets (books) continue to earn money for you regardless of whether you're there or not. It's passive income
Imagine running a barbing saloon
- You pay rent
- You pay for electricity
- You pay for fuel to power your generator
- You pay to purchase work tools and equipment (seats, clippers, mirror, hair treatment chemicals etc.)
- You have to be there to cut peoples hair (or pay someone to be there to do it)
- You have a limit on how many people's hair you can physically cut in a day
- To scale up you need more seats and eventually more shops (sinking in a lot more money)
Compare that to running an online business that eliminates most of the above expenses.
Can you now see how easy it is to scale up your earnings with an online business?
Don't just work hard, work smart. All business models are not created equal. Some are inherently more powerful than others
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 2:12pm On Jul 04|
About Kindle Unlimited
Kindle Unlimited is a subscription that allows an Amazon customer (who is an avid reader) to access a large selection of titles from the Kindle Store.
With a Kindle Unlimited subscription, you have access to over one million titles in the Kindle Store, including books, audiobooks, and magazines. Using your Amazon account, you can browse and borrow up to ten titles and access them from any Amazon device or Kindle reading app, even while travelling. There are no due dates. Titles in the Kindle Unlimited catalogue can change at any time.
If you enrol your book in the kindle unlimited program, Amazon customers can choose to buy your book outright or borrow it. When they borrow it, you earn a royalty based on the number of pages they read.
Only a few customers (less than 20%) who purchase a book manage to read it from beginning to end so having a lot of pages alone won't cut it. You have to find clever ways to make your book engaging and fun to encourage customers to continue reading. It's also important this strategy does not violate Amazon's terms of service otherwise you'll be in trouble. If you have a copy of the blueprint, refer to strategy #9 and make sure you incorporate it in your book before you publish it.
You don't have to neglect earnings from KENP and leave money on the table.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 10:18pm On Jul 04|
To be able to create massive wealth and massive impact, you need to go all in on ONE thing.
A goal without a deadline is just a dream
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 11:56pm On Jul 04|
How is Wealth Created | Savings and Investments
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 12:30pm On Jul 05|
Leaders Are Readers
I try to read at least one business book per month.
- The more you read, the more you learn
- The more you learn, the more you understand about the world of business/finance
- The more you understand, the more likely you are to be a good steward for your money
You'll develop the financial savvy needed to differentiate good business opportunities from the bad ones.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 6:58pm On Jul 05|
Kindle Countdown Deals
Kindle Countdown Deals is a KDP Select benefit that lets authors, no matter where you're located, run limited-time discount promotions for your books that are available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. Customers will see both the regular price and the promotional price on the book's detail page, as well as a countdown clock showing how much time is left at the promotional price. You'll also continue to earn your selected royalty rate on each sale during the promotion.
Note: If you're located in a territory not supported to purchase from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk, you may not see your Kindle Countdown Deals promotion listed on your book's detail page as it's only available to customers who can purchase from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk.
Benefits of Kindle Countdown Deals
1. They're time-based. Not only does this give you more control over how long your book is discounted, but the time remaining for the promotion is visible to customers to increase excitement for the price discount.
2. Customers see the regular price. It's easy for customers to see the great deal they're getting, as the regular price is included on the book's detail page, right beside the promotional price.
3. Royalty rate is retained at lower prices. You will earn royalties based on your regular royalty rate and the promotional price. As a result, if you are using the 70% royalty option, you'll earn 70% even if the price is below $2.99. (As per the KDP Pricing Page, regular delivery costs apply.)
4. There's a dedicated website. Customers can discover active Kindle Countdown Deals.
5. You can monitor performance in real time. Your KDP report will display sales and royalties at each price discount side-by-side with pre-promotion performance.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05|
Q & A Session
It's roughly 2 hours to midnight. A lot of people have difficulty making the transition from employee to digital entrepreneur - I know I had my own struggles early on.
What problems are you facing? If it's something I can address here I'll try my best to help.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by Gmasterp(m): 12:05am On Jul 06|
I checked out your website and saw you're also an affiliate marketing guru. I know it isn't kindle publishing but I'll like to if that is also feasible in Nigeria
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 1:07am On Jul 06|
It's feasible to be an Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria..you just have to find the right products to promote and the right audience to promote to
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06|
Best Seller and Category Ranks are based on customer activity - sales and borrows - of your book relative to the activity of other books. A book ranking #1 in Mystery & Thrillers is the book with the most activity in Amazon's Mystery & Thrillers category. Books can appear in up to three categories. The book's rank in each category will show under the Product Details section. Activities that may not be an accurate reflection of customer demand, including promotional Amazon Giveaway sales and purchases that are later returned, are not counted towards sales rank.
Rankings are updated hourly but may take 24-48 hours to appear. Rankings reflect recent and historical activity, with recent activity weighted more heavily. Rankings are relative, so your sales rank can change even when your book's level of activity stays the same. For example, even if your book's level of activity stays the same, your rank may improve if other books see a decrease in activity, or your rank may drop if other books see an increase in activity.
When Amazon calculate Best Sellers Rank, they consider the entire history of a book's activity. Monitoring your book's Amazon sales rank may be helpful in gaining general insight into the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and other initiatives to drive book activity, but it is not an accurate way to track your book's activity or compare its activity in relation to books in other categories.
The ranking for books with consistent activity histories that have been available on Amazon for a long time may fluctuate less than the ranking of new books, or books whose histories aren't as stable. One sale of a very popular book may not influence its rank much at all, but one sale of a lower volume book may significantly improve that book's rank.
Note: Each available format of your book (eBook, paperback) has its own independent Amazon Best Sellers Rank.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 8:00pm On Jul 06|
So you've followed the steps laid down in the Kindle Blueprint and done your keyword research, you found a very profitable and in-demand keyword you want to publish your book under, you're so excited and can't wait to get the book written - not so fast. You need to check that the keyword isn't trademark protected.
This is one of the mistakes beginners make. They publish a book under a keyword that is trademark protected and end up getting their KDP account terminated. You can avoid this by doing a basic trademark search to ensure there is no restriction on that keyword being used on any publication (in this case, book)
To do this, you simply follow the below steps.
1. Go to: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=tess&state=4810:85kr9l.1.1
2. Click on "Basic Word Mark Search"
3. Search the keyword you're interested in (I've used play station as an example)
4. Check the "live" trademarks to see if you're prohibited from using that term in "books"
As you can see, you're not allowed to have the term "play station" in any book (without permission from the trademark owner). Doing such will open your KDP Account to the risk of getting terminated.
The Kindle Blueprint expands more on this topic and also shows you other things you need to look out for in order to protect your publishing business and investments.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by Palmoil: 11:03pm On Jul 06|
charlsy:Bro good evening
Please I have been trying to reach you
I have something important to ask you
How can I reach you?
I remember you made a post about an intending business you wished to start when you scouted for ideas on Nairaland
Someone on Nairaland told you you could start a lucrative business that can earn you #3m in a month. Please what is the business about cos I want to invest in it
Please I would be glad if u can drop ur WhatsApp number
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 3:33pm On Jul 07|
15 Reasons Why The RICH Are Getting Richer
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by RESHARPENED: 4:29pm On Jul 07|
That was my first thought when I saw a post you made on an obscured thread a couple of months ago.
'How could it be possible for someone to be making that much from Amazon as a Nigerian?'
But after following your posts closely, I realized that I was being myopic in my perspective. Your posts are full of experiential wisdom backed with practical proof. Not some regurgitated, incoherent, mindless musings that would represent the hallmark of a Scammer.
I have learnt a lot just from following your threads and posts on Nairaland, not just about KDP but about life in general.
'Correct Information, aptly applied, can be a sturdy ship to safely navigate the ocean of partition between Pauperdom and Prosperity'.
I respect you, Sir. And from the diversity of meaningful posts you've made here and the way you've conducted yourself in the face of numerous antagonism, it is very obvious that your intelligence and insight transcends KDP and it is not superficial.
I sincerely envy those who have access to your manuals but that is nothing compared to the envy I have for those who have direct access to the fountain of knowledge and experience that you represent - your MENTEES.
Would have been privileged to gain access to any of those two gems (your blueprint or mentorship), but I currently possess all the wealth of a Church Rat.
It probably makes no difference to you, but accept my deepest apologies for the unreasonable and erroneous conclusion I hastily drew about you.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 7:59pm On Jul 07|
No worries. Apology accepted. We all make mistakes
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 8:09pm On Jul 07|
At Author Central, you create your Author Page where you can share the most up-to-date information about yourself and your works with millions of readers. Your Author Page is your author homepage on Amazon. To help readers find your books, make sure to add your books in your Author Central account.
Once you create your Author Page, you can:
- Add your books to your Author Page
- Add your biography
- Add photos
- Add videos
- Add events
- Share your blog feed
- Link to your Author Page on your website and social media
- Encourage readers to follow your Author Page
In your Author Central account, you can:
- See your Amazon Best Sellers Rank for all your books
- See your Amazon Author Rank
- Add editorial reviews for your books
- Update your book’s description
Note: If you update your eBook description through Author Central, the changes won’t be visible in your KDP account unless you also make the update in KDP. If you republish your book, you’ll need to update the eBook description in your KDP account as well. Your eBook detail page will show the most recent description you saved on Author Central or published on KDP. If you update your paperback description through Author Central, you will no longer be able to update your paperback description in your KDP account.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by joeeee240(m): 9:29pm On Jul 07|
I thought if I had a Nigerian paypal, I won't be able to receive funds? As regards money from the Kindle publishing
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 9:34pm On Jul 07|
Amazon sends your royalty payment to a bank account i.e Payoneer, not PayPal
You only need Paypal to pay freelancers on upwork, fiverr etc.
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by joeeee240(m): 9:36pm On Jul 07|
Alright. Thanks. Can I send money to a friend abroad to his own PayPal account?
|Re: How To Make $1000+ Each Month Online by HeliosHay(m): 9:39pm On Jul 07|
If you're operating a PayPal account from Nigeria, you can send money to another PayPal account anywhere in the world BUT you can't withdraw funds from your PayPal account.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245