Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism (45821 Views)

#sexforgrades: Kiki Mordi Reacts To Accusations Of Intellectual Property Theft / Heartbreaking Video Of A Black Kid Who Is A Victim Of Racism. / My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Reeses: 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
TroubleMaker47:

You mever can tell,
You know Buhari is not intelligent right?
I think when it comes to a Chinese citizen his senses are intact.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Kaellivi(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2019
A lot of things go on in these restaurants, gambling, prostitution (Chinese girls) money laundering etc

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by manitoba(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2019
This shallow response won't be the end of this.

I trust LASG authority to do the needful.

Wish I am in Lagos right now.
I would have gone there and see if they will deny me then they will know o sabi small law.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by beloase: 5:39pm On Mar 19, 2019
Na wa my people. I don’t comment on threads often, but this is absurd.Even Chinese restaurants in Nigeria don’t admit Nigerians; that’s just pathetic at best. Chinese restaurants worldwide are known for cheap food and buffet...everyone eats there, especially the low income earners because it’s more food for less. So hearing somebody saying it’s not for every one is nothing but a mockery of our collective intelligence. The cheapest food in Europe or America besides burgers is Chinese food with their most times ill spelling seasoning. I must say this s, if they do this in the US they will be shut down in a matter of weeks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by ajumma(m): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
chloride6:
The Hot Spot is where you enter and cook on your own. All the ingredients are made available. But it’s only for Chinese nationals.

This is still rubbish...

This Manager just finished himself

The Manager is an idiot....in our country
Pls Minister Danbazzau revoke that fucking expatriate status and deport those fools immediately

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by ibkayee(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
I like Chinese food but since when has it been considered a ‘high brow’ delicacy to be profiling potential customers like this lol eww, they’re doing too much

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by AgentOfAllah: 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
MrRichmond:
"Shi Shi Chinese restaurant is for gentlemen, not for everyone" — Restaurant Director

A director at the Ikeja, Lagos-based Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant has said that the outlet caters to only gentlemen, rather than to everyone.

The restaurant director, a Nigerian who introduced himself as Mr. Niyi Adegbite, called our Correspondent after The PUNCH had published its findings, and declared that, generally, "all over the world, Chinese restaurants are not open to every Tom, Dick and Harry."
I find this claim to be dubious since I've visited Chinese restaurants in several countries, including China, and I've witnessed Europeans that could easily pass for a Tom, a Dick or a Harry eating in them. That said, this correspondent completely missed the opportunity to point out that there can't possibly be that many Toms, Dicks and Harrys in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by ajumma(m): 5:41pm On Mar 19, 2019
manitoba:
This shallow response won't be the end of this.

I trust LASG authority to do the needful.

Wish I am in Lagos right now.
I would have gone there and see if they will deny me then they will know o sabi small law.

SHALLOW INDEED cry
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Alwaystruth: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nigerians are very stupid set of people.Can you see how that Adegbite of a guy justified such insults to Nigerians.Chinese restos are open to every body around the world,even family restos. It is just an insult to Nigerians and the idiotic Nigerians are justifying it. Even as a black man I have eaten in a better chinese restaurants without discrimination but that was outside Nigeria. Look at the way that local champion dignified the self cook restaurant as if is something special . The practice is in self-cook restos like Japanese Harnamasser is that when you enters ,there are cooking ovens fixed from under the tables and all kind of foods,fishes, meats ,noodles and everything freshly available. You now,go around, pick the quantity and mixture of things you want to eat, you can choose to roast some like BBQ and boil or cook some as you likes. No body disturbs you until you eats to your fill and when leaving you can now pay. It is always open to every body and to the public so long as you can afford it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by donb06: 5:43pm On Mar 19, 2019
sameni123:
Make Una self patronise our amala joins leave there food for them Na
It is not about the food now bro it is about the secrecy....
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by sharpwriter(m): 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
kamez:
we have too many misplaced priorities in this country..... is it by force to allow every Tom dick and Harry into a restaurant?....

do u know how many restaurants are in Lagos? na by force say una must enter this one?...

I'm. sure the journalist wore one yeye looking shirt and trouser, looking like a kidnapper to conduct the interview that's why he was refused entry.... they want to. make sure that their Chinese customers feel very safe in there that's why they are very strict as regards to whom they give access into the place.. WTF is wrong with that
OK if u enter there and they give u all the Chinese ingredients to cook for urself, wetin u go do?

Dem go cook calamity grin grin grin @ the bolded

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by sameni123(m): 5:46pm On Mar 19, 2019
donb06:
It is not about the food now bro it is about the secrecy....
I understand bro have onces watched a video where Thais Chinese was using a black man to do asun,am like Wetin be this those people are mad I can't trust them
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by sharpwriter(m): 5:47pm On Mar 19, 2019
anonymous96:
There is one at Isaac John street Ikeja. i pass it daily.. Would try to go there tomorrow to see if i would be allowed in

Come back and brief us on this thread coz I fit ask yu o ....
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
He knows his people very well. It shows on their faces. 99.9% of Nigerians are not gentlemen so they cannot enter the restaurant.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by abeggnow: 5:53pm On Mar 19, 2019
oyetunder:
Simple... Calabar kitchen is for everybody. Nigerians and their spirit of invasion. Chinese people eat Lizards and scorpions. We eat Antelopes and Crabs, that is enough. Our long throats for anything foreign things even took some to embark on using their legs to cross the Sahara in order to get to Europe. That was how we consumed Chinese movies for decades and ignored our own films.
u as a Nigerian dont even know your rights. Its pathetic.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by jbkomo(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
I Knw dat restaurant well. Went with my boss in those days. It’s a home of all known immortality.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by InvertedHammer: 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
MARSONE:
How can they say Chinese restaurants aren’t for every Tom dick and Hary when here in the Uk it is meant for people with low income and high appetite?! Chinese restaurants are for virtually every one. Naija is really a failed state undecided undecided

/
Only in Nigeria!

Chinese restaurants are for every Tom, Dick and Harry because their prices are the cheapest. Can you go on a date in a Chinese restaurant? Yes. But you must clarify.

When you hear that pizza and Chinese restaurants are big deals in Nigeria, you know then that the country has really gone to the dogs.

/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by spiralwedge(m): 5:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
I know that place. That Mr. Adegbite was just employed to do the PRO. The place is a den of Chinese criminal Mafia gang. Drugs, ammunition, sexual slavery and torture go on in that place. I am surprised it still exists. The Restaurant label is just camouflage, the real deal is deadly.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by hope4life: 5:56pm On Mar 19, 2019
What will I even go to there?To eat cockroaches or lizards??How many pieces of food will I pick with their picking sticks.No wonder they are tiny.Hope the hotspot is not for human flesh.Do we have cannibals as we have cabals in Nigeria??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by gurnam: 5:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nigerians sef!

They said they don’t want you to spend your money in their restaurant and they have their clientele

What is the crime in that ?

Biko, make una shift and discuss better issues

Truth is they do other things inside that building that is more than selling Chinese food
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by ziga: 6:02pm On Mar 19, 2019
Does Nigeria have laws against discrimination?

If it is indeed a public place, they have to clearly define what their admission policy is.

And if their policies are discriminatory, it will be a shame that the Nigerian government will allow this to happen in their own boundaries.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Sehubo100: 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
Am from Badagry and am into coconut oil business please if you need coconut oil or coconut please add me up (fb. Noah idowuGnoble.(msg me)) at affordable price. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2019
kamez:
we have too many misplaced priorities in this country..... is it by force to allow every Tom dick and Harry into a restaurant?....

do u know how many restaurants are in Lagos? na by force say una must enter this one?...

I'm. sure the journalist wore one yeye looking shirt and trouser, looking like a kidnapper to conduct the interview that's why he was refused entry.... they want to. make sure that their Chinese customers feel very safe in there that's why they are very strict as regards to whom they give access into the place.. WTF is wrong with that
OK if u enter there and they give u all the Chinese ingredients to cook for urself, wetin u go do?

Try read the first part of this story on punch news, so you will understand better.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Icon79(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
Total BS @the highlighted. I am sorry, but they have NO right to prevent Nigerians or any other indigene from entering their restaurant. They can have a dress code or whatever, but to say that this section of the restaurant is strictly for Chinese nationals is discrimination and totally unacceptable in a decent society.

Anyway, it's only in Nigeria that going to a Chinese restaurant suddenly becomes a status symbol. In the US, most patrons of Chinese restaurants are the extremely lower class.

O pari

Shibaraba:
You can't expect to eat shawarma in "Yakoyo food canteen na"
Its their business and they are free to admit whoever they choose. Why all this drama?

I'd rather not enter sef
The last time I visit Chinese restaurant the next day I turn lizard hunter. I need not explain further

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by gr8child(m): 6:10pm On Mar 19, 2019
It would have been better if they had just kept quiet. Which one is two sections again?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Creampro: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
Can a Nigerian open a restaurant in China and deny Chinese people from entering?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by ICEMAN(m): 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
Nigeriians are some of the dumbest people on earth. The Chinese just insulted you and are segregating on your soil and you are typing parked. Let me share this srticle so people can see the STUPIDITY of Nigerians.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by RayIdss: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
This dirty looking restaurant is where Nigerians are not allowed? What a pity, I wouldn't stop here, let alone sit down to eat in there.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Ayotemide(f): 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2019
Reeses:

By bomb you mean eat chicken wings? Because you know damn well Nigeria will dare not touch a Chinese citizen.

Say you revere the Chinese and I would understand, don't make it a Nigerian thing. don't be a coward!
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by davien(m): 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2019
Lol, even the cook your own food section is supposed to be for everyone... what the hell are they saying

When you go to such restaurants in China you take their sushi and cook it in the oven provided at your table. grin

Walahi that Nigerian manager is a sellout, no different from the slave handlers that were also slaves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Dino98: 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
MARSONE:
How can they say Chinese restaurants aren’t for every Tom dick and Hary when here in the Uk it is meant for people with low income and high appetite?! Chinese restaurants are for virtually every one. Naija is really a failed state undecided undecided

I swear...

Na for Naija them come get levels...when everywhere people enter anyhow.

Chai, my naija!!!

Please can I blame buhari?? I just feel at ease when I blame him for everything grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Shibaraba:
You can't expect to eat shawarma in "Yakoyo food canteen na"
Its their business and they are free to admit whoever they choose. Why all this drama?

I'd rather not enter sef
The last time I visit Chinese restaurant the next day I turn lizard hunter. I need not explain further
You guys always find a way to make us laugh anyhow in public sha grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Villagers In Thailand Rescue Elephant Trapped In The River / Oyinbo Man Jogging With His Torchlight In Abuja. Photos / A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.