Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism (45814 Views)

#sexforgrades: Kiki Mordi Reacts To Accusations Of Intellectual Property Theft / Heartbreaking Video Of A Black Kid Who Is A Victim Of Racism. / My Two Cents On Racist Shi Shi Chinese Restaurant Ikeja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by PerseDew(f): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
lefulefu:
biko let him be. He's earnin his daily bread dere.

Yes, he earns his daily bread there. But he could have promised to look into the matter instead, apologise and then let in Nigerians cos there is simply no justification for their refusal. No one is expecting him to insult the Chinese or even start shouting racism. He definitely didn't have to go on repeating and defending those same disgraceful words that are even untrue.

Except of course he was ordered to do so, which makes the place suspicious.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by BoboKush(m): 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2019
In a sane country the restaurant will be shut down but here anything goes.... Can a Nigerian run such a restaurant in China.... The answer u get shld answer why the need to shut dere down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Just imagine the radarada
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by IbrahimDamola: 8:38pm On Mar 19, 2019
I knew the manager would be a Yoruba man who is ready to throw his own people under the bus to look good.

We Yorubas have a lot of traitors, house niggars and happy slaves amongst us. Eponojukwu, what do you think? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Tellemall: 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2019
gwama:
I'm not from Nigeria, but what are you Nigerians, wait to get this restaurant closed? angry angry angry And if they do not close, at home in my country, this restaurant will be vandalized in one night. Completed. kiss kiss kiss

That's because Nigerian people are ewarriors. In real life they cannot lift a finger. I know certain places I have lived that the place would have been razed on discovery​that they don't sell to everybody.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by emkz: 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2019
This is medicine after death. "Hot spot" is a code name for the brothel in the restaurant extension where only Chinese nationals are serviced. They have now been exposed.

Cook your own food my ass. Within Chinatown, yes, but within the heart of Lagos, Mr Niyi Adegbite, tell us another lie.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2019
what kinda Rubbish Explainations was that? Chinese restuarant is Open to Everyone, but Not open to Everyone"

Anyway, who da hell wants to eat dried Snakes, Fried cokroaches and Roasted monkeys, in a Chinese restauarant?

I would rather starve to death than eat in a Chinese restaurant.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Tellemall: 9:06pm On Mar 19, 2019
Alwaystruth:
Nigerians are very stupid set of people.Can you see how that Adegbite of a guy justified such insults to Nigerians.Chinese restos are open to every body around the world,even family restos. It is just an insult to Nigerians and the idiotic Nigerians are justifying it. Even as a black man I have eaten in a better chinese restaurants without discrimination but that was outside Nigeria. Look at the way that local champion dignified the self cook restaurant as if is something special . The practice is in self-cook restos like Japanese Harnamasser is that when you enters ,there are cooking ovens fixed from under the tables and all kind of foods,fishes, meats ,noodles and everything freshly available. You now,go around, pick the quantity and mixture of things you want to eat, you can choose to roast some like BBQ and boil or cook some as you likes. No body disturbs you until you eats to your fill and when leaving you can now pay. It is always open to every body and to the public so long as you can afford it.

Honestly surprising how he's acting like it's something special going on in there.

There's something sinister about their VIP Chinese only rule.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by EponOjukwu: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2019
IbrahimDamola:
I knew the manager would be a Yoruba man who is ready to throw his own people under the bus to look good.

We Yorubas have a lot of traitors, house niggars and happy slaves amongst us. Eponojukwu, what do you think? grin

I think they eat pigs in that place and you may have some for sale.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
tritt:
I swear you guys don't want to know what goes on in that restaurant.....
What goes there?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 19, 2019
theoldpretender:
The explanation does not make sense.

Anyway, if they won't serve us, boycott.
What are you doing there in the first place?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
theoldpretender:
The explanation does not make sense.

Anyway, if they won't serve us, boycott.
What are you doing there in the first place?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Mizwisdom(f): 9:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Dedynamic:
If this can be allowed in Nigeria in this generation, then there's no hope for the Country

If it's the norm it won't be in the news. It's odd and it's being investigated as you can see
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Mizwisdom(f): 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
I'm just bothered about what goes on behind closed doors. Are they eating aborted foetus or they are spies in there, planning how to sell communism to us

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Mizwisdom(f): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2019
beloase:
Na wa my people. I don’t comment on threads often, but this is absurd.Even Chinese restaurants in Nigeria don’t admit Nigerians; that’s just pathetic at best. Chinese restaurants worldwide are known for cheap food and buffet...everyone eats there, especially the low income earners because it’s more food for less. So hearing somebody saying it’s not for every one is nothing but a mockery of our collective intelligence. The cheapest food in Europe or America besides burgers is Chinese food with their most times ill spelling seasoning. I must say this s, if they do this in the US they will be shut down in a matter of weeks

This news is only being reported now, they'll be reactions from the government for sure
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by CAPSLOCKED: 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2019
gypsey:
what kind Rubbish Explainations was that? Chinese restuarant is Open to Everyone, but Not open to Everyone"

Anyway, who da hell wants to eat dried Snakes, Fried cokroaches and Roasted monkeys, in a Chinese restauarant?

I would rather starve to death than eat in a Chinese restaurant.

cheesy
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by deepsuk(f): 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
You should see how 5-6 Chinese take a local babe and share her on top that restaurant Chinese area.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by planetx: 10:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
When you dumb mofos treat them like oyinbo, why wouldn't they practise apartheid on you in your own country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by deolumike(m): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2019
It's a front for illegal activity. Simple
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

cheesy
I wonder oo! grin what kinda Dumb PR is that?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by nothingspoil70: 11:21pm On Mar 19, 2019
They tried this in Kenya a few months back and the Kenyans resisted it now they are bringing this to Nigeria if we don't protest and fight this, more of such apartheid system will flourish in this country
Soon you will be seeing schools for Chinese and white expatriates alone I weep for this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2019
The restaurant director, a Nigerian who introduced himself as Mr. Niyi Adegbite, called our Correspondent after The PUNCH had published its findings, and declared that, generally, “All over the world, Chinese restaurants are not open to every Tom, Dick, and Harry.” This statement is the most preposterous and asinine statement that I have ever heard a person uttered. Mr. Adegbite might have been correct to say: "That in Nigeria and ONLY in Nigeria, Chinese restaurants are not opened to every Tom, Dick, and Harry."

This is simply because Nigeria and its citizens are objects of caricature in the comity of nations, hence no citizen of another country would respect the country and its citizens even in Nigeria. But to say all over the world... is a bridge too far. In the US and other advanced democracies, Chinese restaurants are one of the cheapest places to eat out besides Fast food joints like McDonald, Wendy's or Burger King. So, if Chinese restaurants in Nigeria are only exclusive to certain people and regarded as a "status symbol," then something is definitely wrong with Nigeria beyond what we already know.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 20, 2019
Complete balderdash. The one located at Isaac John Street in Ikeja, Lagos(name witheld) seem more elitist and classy but admits people of all nationality as far as you have the Benjamin.

Only thing is that if it's a 6 course meal, you have to keep asking questions to ascertain the kinds of meat served if you don't want to 'obliviously' eat some cold blooded amphibians/reptiles.....lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Shancca: 2:09am On Mar 20, 2019
Not so... Just that things doesn't work in Nigeria and the government doesn't keep the law firm. Let Chinese come and try it here in the UK. Who knows if they are selling human meat.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by MissionaryK(m): 2:44am On Mar 20, 2019
Why are they lying that Chinese restaurant is not for everyone all over the world? Chinese restaurant in the USA invite customers through buffet because very few people patronize it. They beg customers to patronize them. Nigeria is the only country that would allow this sh^t.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by 9jaRealist: 3:58am On Mar 20, 2019
CLOSE THEM DOWN...

There are SCORES of other Chinese restaurants across Lagos and Nigeria dying for Nigerian clientele.
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by 9jaRealist: 4:08am On Mar 20, 2019
[double-post] embarassed
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by odehaj: 5:09am On Mar 20, 2019
kamez:
we have too many misplaced priorities in this country..... is it by force to allow every Tom dick and Harry into a restaurant?....

do u know how many restaurants are in Lagos? na by force say una must enter this one?...

I'm. sure the journalist wore one yeye looking shirt and trouser, looking like a kidnapper to conduct the interview that's why he was refused entry.... they want to. make sure that their Chinese customers feel very safe in there that's why they are very strict as regards to whom they give access into the place.. WTF is wrong with that
OK if u enter there and they give u all the Chinese ingredients to cook for urself, wetin u go do?

This got me grin
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Edum13656: 5:57am On Mar 20, 2019
make una leave their restaurant for na by force? longer throat ppl. after all dem eat worms and coaches
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Edum13656: 6:00am On Mar 20, 2019
MissionaryK:
Why are they lying that Chinese restaurant is not for everyone all over the world? Chinese restaurant in the USA invite customers through buffet because very few people patronize it. They beg customers to patronize them. Nigeria is the only country that would allow this sh^t.
Oga u Sabi cook their food? u no hear say na u go cook there by urself with Chinese condiments? u Sabi cook ordinary noodles?
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by Edum13656: 6:03am On Mar 20, 2019
nothingspoil70:
They tried this in Kenya a few months back and the Kenyans resisted it now they are bringing this to Nigeria if we don't protest and fight this, more of such apartheid system will flourish in this country
Soon you will be seeing schools for Chinese and white expatriates alone I weep for this country
of all things in Nigeria to protest na Chinese food be ur wahala
Re: Lagos Chinese Restaurant Responds To Accusations Of Racism by postemail: 6:42am On Mar 20, 2019
chloride6:
The Hot Spot is where you enter and cook on your own. All the ingredients are made available. But it’s only for Chinese nationals.

This is still rubbish...

This Manager just finished himself

It isn't Hot Spot. The Chinese call it Hot Pot. It's a type of dish where you have a boiling broth on a gas or electric stove on the table, served with fresh ingredient: fresh beef, fish, veggies, etc. All you have to do is throw in the meat early followed by the veggies. It's quite nice a meal.

Regarding the story, I don't think that particular restaurant do "not" serve the locals. It may be a case of them profiling who gets access.

In ikeja there are better restaurants for those with a good taste. Why waste time in this cheap joint?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Villagers In Thailand Rescue Elephant Trapped In The River / Oyinbo Man Jogging With His Torchlight In Abuja. Photos / A Nairalander's Neighbor's Gas Cylinder In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.