Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience (22355 Views)

Nigerian US Immigration Official Charged With Illegally Obtaining US Citizenship / Panic As US Immigration Stamps No EOS / AOS On Nigerian Passport / How Was Your USA Visa Interview Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 11, 2019
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2019
Yes...it happens Brother...
I guess they were not ready for your interview ...
Don't worry...all is well!!
Just make sure u have all your documents at hand
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Dammilekan(m): 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Lolu01:
Hello. My immigrant visa interview was scheduled for 10th of April. But on the 8th of April I got an email saying that my interview has been rescheduled to 25th of April due to administrative reasons . Please does this normally happen? Never heard of it before
your interview is today pls post your transcript

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by shu9a: 2:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
@Frankele what's the update on your drop box . Have you gotten the visa.
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
shu9a:
@Frankele what's the update on your drop box . Have you gotten the visa.

No we haven't gotten the visa..
And it is already One month since we have submitted

What about you any update?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by cookiejar99(f): 10:18am On Apr 28, 2019
Please how long does it take for a permanent resident to file for Thier spouse?please i need answers...im getting married in june
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by shu9a: 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2019
I submitted my document on wednesday and it changed to issued today.
frankele:

No we haven't gotten the visa..
And it is already One month since we have submitted

What about you any update?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2019
shu9a:
I submitted my document on wednesday and it changed to issued today.

Congratulations To You.. Am so happy for You.. And i tap into your Own testimony ... We are hiping to get ours soon
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by shu9a: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
Amen. You will
frankele:

Congratulations To You.. Am so happy for You.. And i tap into your Own testimony ... We are hiping to get ours soon
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Wilsub: 7:19am On Apr 30, 2019
A3AP10:
Good morning fam,

My appointment was scheduled for 6.45 am I got to the embassy 5am ... There were 5 people already waiting

several security checks and we were ask yo line up according to visa category, none and immigrant visa

When we got to the hall we lined up for biometric fingerprint but I got skipped for an hour and 20 mins then I got nervous cause everyone was done with theirs.

After sometime finally I got called up for fingerprint and I was glad even others noticed how worried I was.

INTERVIEW :

Vo: Good morning

Me: Good morning

Vo: Who are you going to meet in America?

Vo: Where did you meet your wife?

Vo: How long have you known your wife?

Vo: Tell me about your wife, what does she do and where does she live?

Vo: What do you 2 have in common?

Vo: when and where did you get married

Vo: Can I see pictures of your wedding?

Me: I showed her 14 pictures

Vo: You got married only once she came to visit you?

Me: Yes we did

Vo: Tell me about her live where she lives and what she likes to do?

Me : I answered

Vo: Where does her parents lives?

Me : I answered

Vo: Does she has brother and sister?

Me: I answered

Then the magic word come in = Welcome the United States of America, you can pick up your passport in 5 working days.

be confident and don't miss the eyes contact, even when they are typing concentrate on the eyes, NOTE I answered almost all the questions before she finish asking.... none of my documents or evidence was check ONLY pictures,
Congratulations
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 4:04pm On May 07, 2019
Hello Good day to everyone on this thread...

As we all know am still on this Visa matter...

We had my F4 Interview and the consular officer said we are all good but we need submit a signed I-864A form along with our passport...

So today my MuM who is the principal applicant , Her visa status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued..

But me and My Brother who is the derivative Applicant visa status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing yesterday and the date was updated today...

My question is why are they delaying our Visa issuance?? Since we are one Family are we not meant to see Issued together?? Please I will appreciate your advice!

Thanks.
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 10:44am On May 09, 2019
frankele:
Hello Good day to everyone on this thread...

As we all know am still on this Visa matter...

We had my F4 Interview and the consular officer said we are all good but we need submit a signed I-864A form along with our passport...

So today my MuM who is the principal applicant , Her visa status changed from Administrative Processing to Issued..

But me and My Brother who is the derivative Applicant visa status changed from Ready to Administrative Processing yesterday and the date was updated today...

My question is why are they delaying our Visa issuance?? Since we are one Family are we not meant to see Issued together?? Please I will appreciate your advice!

Thanks.

Any update??
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Hopeful79: 10:01am On May 10, 2019
Congratulations.
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by frankele(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2019
loveymom:

Any update??

Visa picked up...to be the glory... Thanks souch to you all

2 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ETHIX(m): 1:51pm On May 10, 2019
ikaboy:
hi guys, am kind of stalk here while completing my \DS160 for the drop box submission. One of the question is "is your father in the US?"

My parents are currently in the US for a 3 month holiday. so do i say yes or no being that they are just visiting/

They know ur parents are in the US
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by pretty16(f): 4:16pm On May 10, 2019
ikaboy:
hi guys, am kind of stalk here while completing my \DS160 for the drop box submission. One of the question is "is your father in the US?"

My parents are currently in the US for a 3 month holiday. so do i say yes or no being that they are just visiting/

Thats an automatic red flag. better wait for them to come back from their Holiday, before you apply. but then again, anything can happen. depends on how well you answer your questions. With God all things are possible.
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 1:16pm On May 11, 2019
Lolu01:
Hello. My immigrant visa interview was scheduled for 10th of April. But on the 8th of April I got an email saying that my interview has been rescheduled to 25th of April due to administrative reasons . Please does this normally happen? Never heard of it before

How did it go?
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Worriedgurl: 6:05pm On May 11, 2019
frankele:

Visa picked up...to be the glory... Thanks souch to you all
Congratulations!!!
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Hopeful79: 5:45am On May 17, 2019
Hello @ifunanyamaka,
I am new here and have been following your comments because I am in your category - CR1 Visa and my husband is a citizen. Please how many months did it take you to get a case complete email from the day your husband filed for you. Thank you

ifunanyamaka:
Also waiting for my appointment letter. Got my case complete email about a week ago. How long does it take to get the appointment letter. My category is the CR1 spousal visa so I believe my case is current already
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 9:12am On May 17, 2019
Hopeful79:
Hello @ifunanyamaka,
I am new here and have been following your comments because I am in your category - CR1 Visa and my husband is a citizen. Please how many months did it take you to get a case complete email from the day your husband filed for you. Thank you

Welcome to the process my dear. Well we started the process May 2018, got our petition approved in August, got NVC WL in September 2018. We had to put it on hold because we were also planning for our trad and church wedding ceremonies which took place in December 2018. We resumed the process and paid the visa fees and sent all documents to NVC in February 2019, got case complete in March and Interview letter came a month after that in April. I presume that if we hadn't put the process on hold due to the wedding, we would have gotten case complete by that September when the letter came in. Basically it would have taken 6months for us from first day of submission to visa interview

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 9:15am On May 17, 2019
[img][/img]
[/quote][sub][/sub][quote author=ifunanyamaka post=78462233]
Welcome to the process my dear. Well we started the process May 2018, got our petition approved in August, got NVC WL in September 2018. We had to put it on hold because we were also planning for our trad and church wedding ceremonies which took place in December 2018. We resumed the process and paid the visa fees and sent all documents to NVC in February 2019, got case complete in March and Interview letter came a month after that in April. I presume that if we hadn't put the process on hold due to the wedding, we would have gotten case complete by that September when the letter came in. Basically it would have taken 6months for us from first day of submission to visa interview
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Hopeful79: 9:56am On May 17, 2019
Alright darling thank you. We are currently waiting for our case to be approved. Though it is just two months ago we applied.
ifunanyamaka:

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 3:14pm On May 17, 2019
Hopeful79:
Alright darling thank you. We are currently waiting for our case to be approved. Though it is just two months ago we applied.

They said it takes 3 to 9 months to get the petition approved. Rest assured it will get approved in-between that time frame. And cos of your status, you will get NVC welcome letter almost immediately (within 2 to 3 weeks) cos visa is always available for people under our category
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Hopeful79: 7:50pm On May 17, 2019
Awesome. Thank you so much. I appreciate.
ifunanyamaka:

They said it takes 3 to 9 months to get the petition approved. Rest assured it will get approved in-between that time frame. And cos of your status, you will get NVC welcome letter almost immediately (within 2 to 3 weeks) cos visa is always available for people under our category
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 11:20am On May 28, 2019
Hi guys, I had my interview today and I was approved!!! Questions were as follows
Vo: good morning
Who's filling for you?
What does he do in the US?
How did you two meet?
What's the name of the friend who introduced you?
Where and how did this introduction take place?
When did you become involved romantically?
Who proposed and when did he propose?
How did your parents feel about the proposal?
Was he married before?
Does he have kids?
Do you have kids?
Does he have siblings?
Do you have siblings?
What kind of building does he stay in and who does he live with?
What kinda of car does he drive?
What state does he live in
How old is he?
How old are you?
So you have pictures of the both of you?
Ohk congratulations, you have been approved.
Then he gave me 3 white papers that contained instructions on how to pick up my passport, pay immigrant fees and rights as a spouse of a us citizen.
Then he said I wish you Good luck in the United States of America!!!!
It was a really smooth process, my appointment was for 6:30, I arrived 5:30, got through security and got into the building by 7:05am. Was only asked for original copy of police report, IP and PP. I was out of the building by 8:30am.
Thank God we made it!!!

3 Likes

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Elueski(m): 12:56pm On May 28, 2019
Congratulations. Pls what is IP &PP
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 28, 2019
ifunanyamaka:
Hi guys, I had my interview today and I was approved!!! Questions were as follows
Who's filling for you?
How did you two meet?
Was he married before?
Does he have kids?
Do you have kids?
Does he have siblings?
Do you have siblings?
How old is he?
How old are you?
Then he gave me 3 white papers that contained instructions on how to pick up my passport, pay immigrant fees and rights as a spouse of a us citizen.
It was a really smooth process, my appointment was for 6:30, I arrived 5:30, got through security and got into the building by 7:05am. Was only asked for original copy of police report, IP and PP. I was out of the building by 8:30am.
Thank God we made it!!!

Congratulations
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 3:47pm On May 28, 2019
Elueski:
Congratulations. Pls what is IP &PP

International passport and Passport Photograph
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Hopeful79: 9:59pm On May 28, 2019
Congratulations my darling... Please i will like to get your email address if you don't mind. Thank you.
ifunanyamaka:
Who's filling for you?
How did you two meet?
Was he married before?
Does he have kids?
Do you have kids?
Does he have siblings?
Do you have siblings?
How old is he?
How old are you?
Thank God we made it!!!

1 Like

Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by ifunanyamaka: 11:19pm On May 28, 2019
Hopeful79:
Congratulations my darling... Please i will like to get your email address if you don't mind. Thank you.

Thanks love. Sure here it is Joyagunobi@live.com
Re: Us Immigration Visa Interview Experience by Spanishmilf(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2019
Does anybody knows immigrants for kids waiting time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another 425 Nigerians Arrive From Saudi-arabia / 4 Students Killed As Epileptic Driver Crashes Into Trailer After Seizure / Dilapidated Nature Of Ijoko Road, Ifo LG And Itoki Road In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.