Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? (26879 Views)

Maduka University College Enugu Is Currently Admitting Jss 1,2 And SS 1 Students / How Do You Recognize Year 1 Students In School? / Why Do 3rd Class Graduates Do Better Than 1 Class Students After School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by qanda: 9:38pm On Mar 23, 2019
For NOUN students. Get exam practice questions, Exam Past Questions and Answers from the undergraduate section of Q and A App.

Search for Q and A App from Playstore and install the first App from search result.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2019
BabangidaHamza:
Please my only advice is that grade don't matters when it comes to university nowadays.. You might graduate with first class and still got no job.. Some first class students always believed that their grade will help them get automatic job from the university which is not true.. Just graduate, if u can invest in business invest, if u c work go do.. But if u allow first class mentality take over u, d person wey dey push wheelbarrow get future pass u
How is that related to OP post?? abeg waka pass jo

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 9:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
germaphobe:
i'm a 100level student and from what i'm seeing not all 4.6 gp are on merit. I course rep one course like dat and d man had already told me that he likes how i sell his textbooks so he's gonna give me an A in his course, from his assignment so far i'm getting good grades. so imagine when someone knows 4 to 5 lecturers and is close to them. Everything ing nigeria is not upright and directly how the seem.
FALSE, that only happened in your school.....YOU PEOPLE MENTALITY WILL CHANGE THE JUST DAY YOU MEET A DISCIPLINED FIRST-CLASS GRADUATE, WHO IS KNOWLEDGEABLE , WEALTHY, INFORMED, SMART AND FULL OF GOOD AND MARKETABLE ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS...

First class is everyone dream......forget the negative mentalities of most people..

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by germaphobe(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Hahjascho:
FALSE, that only happened in your school.....YOU PEOPLE MENTALITY WILL CHANGE THE JUST DAY YOU MEET A DISCIPLINED FIRST-CLASS GRADUATE, WHO IS KNOWLEDGEABLE , WEALTHY, INFORMED, SMART AND FULL OF GOOD AND MARKETABLE ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILLS...

First class is everyone dream......forget the negative mentalities of most people..

do you mind telling me what is false about my comment
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by mechanics(m): 10:19pm On Mar 23, 2019
Read with understanding and avoid distractions.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Bifrost: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2019
Ijaycool:
Hehehehe

Where I graduated from, getting a 1st class depends on the lecturers you know and the hotel rooms you have their keys on a regular.

So, you're going to fück roughly how many lecturers to achieve that?
The lies you people dish out here ehn.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Kayceenaz(m): 1:35am On Mar 24, 2019
Durentt:
Hello I'm a second year engineering student who just finished first year with a 4.11. The majority of my friends are on a 4.6 above and no, I'm not jealous of them because I know they worked harder than myself last year, I was busy mixing school with romance and play.

But now I was just wondering. Of course it's a new semester and students have begun reading already. At the end of the semester, some will have a 4.7, 4.3 others will get a 3.5, others even 2.8.
Why this difference when they all read and prepared from the start of the semester. What do first class graduates do that others don't.
Dear bro, first class students have a fire-hot desire to graduate with a first class. For me, that is the genesis of standing out. Having a 2:1, for them, is unimaginable and mediocre; any dissenting opinion is irrelevant. Accordingly, readiness to make any legitimate sacrifice to realize that desire is their hallmark. In a nutshell, desire a first class badly and see yourself graduate with it gladly.

More so, God's favour is key; He raised me up. Why? He prevents incidents of missing scripts and endears you to lecturers. It was a daily prayer point from first to final year. In my final year, God gifted me 5.0 in both semesters (all As in 13 courses); a record. With Him, everything is indeed possible. Talk to Him about how greatly you desire a first class and just work. He can do it for you, too. Yes, you can!
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by arinzos(m): 3:55am On Mar 24, 2019
BabangidaHamza:
Please my only advice is that grade don't matters when it comes to university nowadays.. You might graduate with first class and still got no job.. Some first class students always believed that their grade will help them get automatic job from the university which is not true.. Just graduate, if u can invest in business invest, if u c work go do.. But if u allow first class mentality take over u, d person wey dey push wheelbarrow get future pass u
Sharap jare.....1st class can invest,1st class no de hope on only their certificate,1st class no de wait fr automatic job.
Graduate with the best result you can graduate with..shikena.
All these mumu mumu reasons why 1st class is nt d best de vex me.

3 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Bjornson01(m): 8:35am On Mar 24, 2019
Imarnuel10:
What first class students do differently. They get more As?
This is very vage bro, try to be constructive with your statements angry
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by deltateam: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2019
Imarnuel10:
What first class students do differently. They get more As?

Hehehehe. Everyone knows that. The interest here is how they manage to bag dem A.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by deltateam: 8:51am On Mar 24, 2019
Bjornson01:

Vague not vage.

3 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 24, 2019
Bjornson01:

Relax "bro". It is called a J.O.K.E

1 Share

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Bjornson01(m): 9:26am On Mar 24, 2019
deltateam:

Vague not vage.
Thanks for the mention anyways.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by fykes(m): 9:54am On Mar 24, 2019
Admitwithschola:

There is no marginal benefit for attempting to get 100% vs 70% unless these scores are reported on transcripts.

Many Naija Uni transcripts I have seen, and I have seen many because of the nature of my engagements, what they report there is A, B, C..In that case, 70% in 20 courses is better than 90% if 15 courses and 65% in 5 courses...Students should build the skill of doing well in all of their courses rather than scoring 100% in some and risk scoring 60% in the others.

At the end of the day, it's all A B C...Unless the student is sure that the actual % will be reported on their transcript.
Who is talking about transcripts here? Do you know how CPGA is calculated?
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Bjornson01(m): 11:46am On Mar 24, 2019
Imarnuel10:

Relax "bro". It is called a J.O.K.E
Pfft!! sarcasm, if you say so bro. grin
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by jujunaty(m): 12:06pm On Mar 24, 2019
1Sharon:
They are good Christians.
so Muslims, hindus or other forms of religion dont get 1st class? Such backwardness
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2019
germaphobe:
You may not know or move closer to any lecturer and still have 5.0GPA
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 1:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
germaphobe:
What I meant was that you may not know or move closer to any lecturer and still have 5.0GPA
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2019
Kayceenaz:

Dear bro, first class students have a fire-hot desire to graduate with a first class. For me, that is the genesis of standing out. Having a 2:1, for them, is unimaginable and mediocre; any dissenting opinion is irrelevant. Accordingly, readiness to make any legitimate sacrifice to realize that desire is their hallmark. In a nutshell, desire a first class badly and see yourself graduate with it gladly.

More so, God's favour is key; He raised me up. Why? He prevents incidents of missing scripts and endears you to lecturers. It was a daily prayer point from first to final year. In my final year, God gifted me 5.0 in both semesters (all As in 13 courses); a record. With Him, everything is indeed possible. Talk to Him about how greatly you desire a first class and just work. He can do it for you, too. Yes, you can!
Good
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Hahjascho(m): 2:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
arinzos:

Sharap jare.....1st class can invest,1st class no de hope on only their certificate,1st class no de wait fr automatic job.
Graduate with the best result you can graduate with..shikena.
All these mumu mumu reasons why 1st class is nt d best de vex me.

grin E don tire me self
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by germaphobe(m): 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2019
Hahjascho:
What I meant was that you may not know or move closer to any lecturer and still have 5.0GPA
that's why i said "NOT ALL"
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Gerrard59(m): 3:07pm On Mar 24, 2019
alert01:

Ayodele Dada had 5/5 from Unilag. Few months ago he was announced as a knight-hennessy scholar and was among the two Nigerians who won this prestigious scholarship ( the second guy was from UI). He's currently doinh his PhD at Stanford USA. Curently there are 69 knight-henessy scholars

Wow!

I'm elated for him. I remember when the news broke on the Internet and folks doubted it. Kudos to him.

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by tck2000(m): 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2019
Interesting comments,i'm impressed.Our future still looks bright!

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by tck2000(m): 9:21pm On Mar 24, 2019
Interesting Comments,i'm impressed.Our future really looks bright!
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by davbravo(m): 5:07am On Mar 25, 2019
theoptimist298:
I finished with a 2.1 and i can tell you that the only thing is to read hard and be strategic.

Attend lectures, form your own notes in cases where there are no handouts, even when there are hand outs, lecturers love it when u repeat some things they say in class.

Forget textbooks, read your notes and handouts except in cases where the lecturer makes use of a particular textbook.

Cram and understand too. Make sure u do both. Understanding alone without cramming are for lazy students.

Read for tests as if its exam. Once u do well in the test, getting an A or a B becomes easier.

Keep serious friends or atleast friends that are worried about their performance.

Read a particular note or hand out more than once. That way it sticks more. The first read is usually the hardest, infact when reading something the first time, u may think u cant ever know it but stick to it, when u finish reading for the first time, sleep on it then read it again the next day! During the second read, u may be amazed how much u actually picked from the first read.

Make sure you are aware and social, drink a bit, womanise a bit, be aware. In the end, these things maybe more critical to success in life than academic excellence.

Pray to God for understanding and knowledge retention. Very key.

Be sympathetic to your examiner who would read what u wrote down. Write in a manner that is easy to read, ensure your work is always neat and well spaced.

Ensure to write with good grammar and well constructed sentences. This can save you in some cases where u dont even know the answer to a question.

Give back to the lecturer what they gave you but in addition, let your understanding also shine through in your answers. Here is what i do, i give back to the lecturer verbatim what i was taught, then i also add a last paragraph to my answer where i try to show case my own understanding. People who only try to show case their own understanding without also giving back to the lecturer what they were taught word for word would always be C or D students in the Nigerian educational set up
Best advice. I can totally relate
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by remi1444: 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
hardbody:

I will employ a first class who performs well in an interview ahead of you. First class helps you get a foot in the door ahead of others. It provides uncles no opportunity to refuse to help. Make a first class and then let's worry about unemployment later.
hello sir, I believe the emboldened offer is made to the "whole world"?
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by hardbody: 4:48am On Apr 08, 2019
remi1444:
hello sir, I believe the emboldened offer is made to the "whole world"?

Yes sir. So long as I need your services.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by Bheewhy(m): 7:38am On Apr 08, 2019
In my view, I think graduating with a First-class requires a lot of commitment. They are driven by the desire to stand tall or carve a niche. Forget Nigeria where education is underrated or undervalued. It requires a lot of perseverance, crave to learn, humility, ability to master and tweak your mind, diligence, strategies, self-motivation, favour and others to be exceptional. Your journey to graduating with such degree begins with the kind of friends you cohabit. Don't share thoughts with mediocres. I am talking from personal experience and perspective.

2 Likes

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by remi1444: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2019
hardbody:

Yes sir. So long as I need your services.
Definitely, maybe as a "junior replacement " in the office. Hopefully, by 2023, LL.B will be in the bag.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by hardbody: 7:48am On Apr 09, 2019
remi1444:
Definitely, maybe as a "junior replacement " in the office. Hopefully, by 2023, LL.B will be in the bag.

You will need to replace about 8 more juniors who are already in the business of trying to replace me and perhaps a few more who would have joined the fray after now

1 Like

Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by remi1444: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2019
hardbody:

You will need to replace about 8 more juniors who are already in the business of trying to replace me and perhaps a few more who would have joined the fray after now
Okay, then, but I still believe in you though atleast as a means to appreciate hardwork.
Re: What Do First Class Graduates Do Different From Other 2.1 Students? by hardbody: 11:51am On Apr 09, 2019
remi1444:
Okay, then, but I still believe in you though atleast as a means to appreciate hardwork.

Let's keep hope alive. That is all I can say. Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Susan Ojukwu Receives $90k USAID Donald M. Payne Dollars Fellowship Award / WAEC Releases Timetable For May/june 2017 / Ketandu Deborah Adaeze Chiedu Accepted To Ivy Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.