Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson (31792 Views)

How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family / Deji Adeyanju’s Gave His Friend A Car As A Wedding Gift / "I Was Shocked When I Got To My Husband's House The First Time" - Lady Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by MissRaine69(f): 5:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mariangeles:
She handled it the way she thought was best for her and her husband.

The easy way, or the hard way...there must be a way!
There was also option 3
Adult way.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by adanny01(m): 5:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Saffi:
Why are you asking your brothers wife to cook for you if she’s not offering it to you first? Can she come to you and ask you for money whenever she likes? You people really don’t understand courtesy when going to other people’s houses or just in general. There’s nothing wrong with your brothers wife preparing food for you, but don’t be asking her to prepare food most times you go there, especially if she’s not offering it to you first. She might not say anything out loud, but deep down she doesn’t like it. Respect yourself please. If you want a personal chef go and get married.

I dont have a brother so i may not know how it feels to have one.

However, i have a sister who tell me the food she has or offer what she can prepare when i announce my visit. If hungry, i call and ask her what i would love to eat.

Why is food a big deal?

PS i am married!

Trust me, the shame is on me if i cant entertain visitors well with common food and drinks. To transfer shame to my wife, i will take my friend to a restaurant.

Thank God i married a wife who will not hesitate to cook good food for my visiting friends. My children are happy to have them around and ask me often about them. My friends are family, my brothers wife is my wife in our culture (without the bedroom part). If he dies, she and her children are my responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Psoul(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
publicenemy:

God bless you brother. Just what I was about to say. The only reason a woman can have any say or power in my house is if we struggled together to achieve wealth. That woman can wield power in my house and I GI just dey pamper her but still she can't mess with my friends. But if God blesses me with wealth and riches before I meet my wife, thunder fire her if she try that kind nonsense with my friend. Friends wen we don hustle under rain and sun together....

Meeeen the kind beat wen I go beat her before I kick her out of my house ehn! Television go carry am. Thunder fire her papa.

You don't know what u are talking about. I belive, when u get to the age of marriage, ur brain will get matured.

Ur wife will not mess with ur friends if they know how to respect themselves. No matter how much u hustled with them, they should know that u are married and know when to or not to come to ur house. If u refuse to address that, it means u are ready to dine with family problem which will leave both u and ur wife unhappy day and night. Are u ready for that?

Whether u made ur wealth together with ur wife or made it all alone, you should learn to give room for ur wife's opinion. This makes the woman have more respect for u.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by midnighter(f): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Psoul:

Ur wife will not mess with ur friends if they know how to respect themselves.

Whether u made ur wealth together with ur wife or made it all alone, you should learn to give room for ur wife's opinion. This makes the woman have more respect for u.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Omudia11: 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Then marry your nigga. Problem solved.
scaramucci:
Women need to understand that there is a reason for us sticking together as niggas. Our niggas are the ones who sort out our shit.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Omudia11: 6:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
You are what they call a real man.
nkwuocha:

Naaaa!Only a weak man think like you do, trust me.I don't keep friends, as i see no need to.My success today is attributed majorly to less friends i keep.I drink with them in bars and thats where it ends.They dont need to address my wife the way they feel, just as i wont disrespect even their side chicks.A friend in need is a friend indeed does not apply when he comes to my marital home unannounced then have the effrontery to disrespect my wife.Its only a foolish and stupid man thinks the value of his friends supercedes the sanity of his wife/family.Learn this;

Freddy Heineken:
There are two ways a man can be rich in this world, he can have a lot of money, or he can have a lot of friends. But he cannot have both.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Ugosample(m): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
nkwuocha:

Naaaa!Only a weak man think like you do, trust me.I don't keep friends, as i see no need to.My success today is attributed majorly to less friends i keep.I drink with them in bars and thats where it ends.They dont need to address my wife the way they feel, just as i wont disrespect even their side chicks.A friend in need is a friend indeed does not apply when he comes to my marital home unannounced then have the effrontery to disrespect my wife.Its only a foolish and stupid man thinks the value of his friends supercedes the sanity of his wife/family.Learn this;

Freddy Heineken:
There are two ways a man can be rich in this world, he can have a lot of money, or he can have a lot of friends. But he cannot have both.

You have spoken like a mature man

leave all these ones talking rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 25, 2019
adanny01:

Probably you aint married.

If i tell my wife that a certain friend is coming, she goes to the market and cooks the best she can.

She must serve food in the best china available in the house. That's how to treat guest.

Infact, i want them to come tomorrow again as far as I can afford it, let them keep coming. What are friends for?

But in this case you involve your wife in the decision making, she will be happy to do it because you both discuss and agreed to it, the person visiting never had any decision to make except when you ask for his choice of what to eat. Thanks to the owner of the comment I am quoting below, it is the answer you need.

nkwuocha:

They don't need to address my wife the way they feel, just as i won't disrespect even their side chicks. A friend in need is a friend indeed does not apply when he comes to my marital home unannounced then have the effrontery to disrespect my wife. Its only a foolish and stupid man who thinks the value of his friends supersedes the sanity of his wife/family.

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Omudia11: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
@ the bolded, you are the most stupid person in all of nairaland history. Such level of stupidity should come with a badge so sane people can avoid you like the plague that you are.
adanny01:

Am sure you are not married.

Have you heard of the word "influence" before. A wife can be at home and have a husband's friend with so much influence over her husband but the friend and wife have never met. That is men for you.

Just because you are the wife, mother of the children and feel like the mans entire priority or atleast the no 1 priority is you but are not. You are painting a black and white picture but life is colourful and in 4D.

You are putting yourself up for disappointment. A man knows his priority, do not tell him to choose you as his priority. Priorities change and should be dynamic.

If i ask you as a wife, what is your no 1 priority. Will you say the kids (wrong), the hubby (wrong), house keeping (wrong), work (wrong). What exactly, is your priority? The entire responsibility you have as a wife is the priority. Than mans priority is not his wife, it is his entire responsibility to his family.

A family includes friends and relatives.
Whenn friends and relatives are happy with you, your husband is happy with you for making him proud. When you poison his friends, trust me, it will come around when your husband realizes he is being fenced off. When you have problems at home, you may need those friends to bail you out.

Lastly, when you want to compare yourself to his friends in terms of priority, you have brought yourself at the same level with them competing for attention. When you know and claim that you are the priority, you have conquered your insecurities and no one will wrestle you for that secure position hold.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Omudia11:
@ the bolded, you are the most stupid person in all of nairaland history. Such level of stupidity should come with a badge so sane people can avoid you like the plague that you are.

He needs help.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Omudia11: 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Yeah he needs all the help he can get.
Lol.
OCEANMORGAN:

He needs help.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Mariangeles(f): 6:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
MissRaine69:

There was also option 3
Adult way.
What way is the "adult" way ??
Talking??
What if she did and he never listened ??
She probably gave hints, and he refused to take them

You have your way, she has her way, everybody have their way of doing things .

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Nobody: 6:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
undecided

Any idiot that is allowed to come to your house unannounced and also allowed to order your wife anyhow should also be tolerated when he order your wife into fücking her. Give them small opportunity, they use your wife as a puppet, and you foolishly begin to complain when it become too much for you knowing too well you stupidly did it to yourself. My wife is never any body's slave(not even me). She is my companion, not a tool. She is my partner, not a machine.

5 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by MissRaine69(f): 6:38pm On Mar 25, 2019
Mariangeles:
What way is the "adult" way ??
Talking??
What if she did and he never listened ??
She probably gave hints, and he refused to take them

You have your way, she has her way, everybody have their way of doing things .
Behaving like a psychopath then boasting about it on social media is far from endearing that husband is on thin ice. He will be eating poo pie next
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Noblefirstlady: 6:47pm On Mar 25, 2019
Saffi:
Please these guys are not married. Let them get married first, their whole tune will change. Silly young boys. They think marriage is synonymous to nollywood movies, it is well.
I'm now so sure they are not married, I mean no sensible married man will do all that to his dear wife because of a friend.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Noblefirstlady: 7:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
Omudia11:
I more surprised than you are at the bolded I never knew they have added friends to family too

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by showafrica(m): 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
Shibaraba:
Husband is weak.....
You can't mess with my nigga o
Nigga wey we don dey street all this days and we probably hustle hard together for you to have a comfortable home you come do am like that
Ill deal with her codedly

My advice for mister husband
Woman wey fit do this one to your friend no go look twice before she lace your food with poison if you do am anything

Japa fast fast.

This is called random reasoning.. You are on point. But the hubby needs to Gist her how dear the friend is
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by adanny01(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2019
Omudia11:

Oboy see vex!

Do i have anything to say to you? No I don't!
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by justiniyke29: 7:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
adanny01:

Even though I agree that some people can be over reaching, I don't agree that she should torture a man because of food especially one that she didn't provide.

Secondly, an Amariya for that matter, she may not have an idea how long they came off with their relationship. She has no idea what her husband benefited or would benefit from this guy in the future. Her hubby didn't marry her to choose his friends or take control his life. If she treats her husbands friend like this, how would she treat her MIL if she was over reaching too?

I have this bosom friend, very nice and accommodating. His older brother and several cousins and friends including me lived in an apartment he rented. I had my own home and family in another town. I had no need to get a second apartment since we hustle together. Everything was fine until he got married. I assure you, none of his friends or relatives waited around for the bride. He is a people's guy but lives a boring life right now. He begs me to come to his house but I just cant.

The reason we stay far from his home now are numerous. Just before the marriage when she visits, she doesn't want him hanging out with us thinking we are bad influence. She has no idea that my friend learned self control from me, he used to pass out almost every time he drinks depending on me to get home. One day coming back from town, together with her, his bro and me, I told him i want to hang out before going home, my friend says, "bae, we will head to SDK (our spot), make some food and please, we will drop u at the junction so u take okada home (3mins walk)" she says, "baby, mu je gida mana (no baby, lets go home)" "he says no" she says "wato bazaka ji magana na ba ko (so you will not listen to me at all)". I was shocked that this girl would say that in the presence of his older bro and I, making it sound like he is choosing me over her. This was a girl my friend met on facebook 6 months prior, he showed me her FB pics asking me if she is good, i encouraged him. I drove him to her place on valentines day for their first meeting. In less than a year they were married and his friends and relatives are now competing with her for his loyalty.

One of the problems i had was my friend didnt know how to check his wife and she couldn't check him either. Say my friend is buying Suya for 1k and there are 5 people in the house. He buys 2 wraps of N500 each, one portion he takes to his babe in the room and the other he drops it for the boys and himself. Later the babe chop she no fit finish, the left over is brought out for the boys. Knowing that half the portion is in the room, i will not eat the suya at all cause i dont eat left overs and deserve some respect. I prefer her serve me even if its 2 pieces, she can eat the rest but never to bring out left overs from the room. I grew up from a house that when my father buys something, my mum shares portions for every one who is interested. If this girl cannot correct her hubbys wrong, infact she is worst than him.

Even though we are still very good friends, we only meet outside so that his family affair would not interfere with our relationship. The result is that we spend much more time outside than home with our wives. We were university classmates and roomates and have helped one another throughout our lives for almost 20years now. Meanwhile, a woman he met 2yrs ago has changed both our lives forever.

The funny thing is that whatever is wrong with their marriage, he still comes to me for advice. I think wives should be careful of their husbands friends cause i could pay back her kindness.
This one is strong ooo.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Ziggylady(f): 7:21pm On Mar 25, 2019
publicenemy:

God bless you brother. Just what I was about to say. The only reason a woman can have any say or power in my house is if we struggled together to achieve wealth. That woman can wield power in my house and I GI just dey pamper her but still she can't mess with my friends. But if God blesses me with wealth and riches before I meet my wife, thunder fire her if she try that kind nonsense with my friend. Friends wen we don hustle under rain and sun together....

Meeeen the kind beat wen I go beat her before I kick her out of my house ehn! Television go carry am. Thunder fire her papa.

Blablabla about friends like you are gay lipsrsealed..Better marry your friends instead all these rants

..I bet you are kid who do not know what marriage is about..

Wait till you grow up enough to wipe your ears properly before dabbling into marriage discussions

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by adanny01(m): 7:25pm On Mar 25, 2019
Noblefirstlady:

I more surprised than you are at the bolded I never knew they have added friends to family too

Sometimes i do wonder how did Nigeria get to this point but now I know.

Remind me not to put you among my friends when we cross paths. Cause when i call someone a friend, a friend who actually visits my house, then he is like family the give him such regards. Infact, some of my friends are better than most of my relatives and can die for me.

Those are the friends i roll with and once i have cause not to trust you, you are outta my life.

Funny enough, every single job i have done, every single contract i executed, every major money i made in my entire life was through friends. No relatives ever made successful effort to put food on my table except my parents. Even my parents know my friends and encourage me to keep good friends. One has no choice with regards to relatives but one has all the control on the type of friends you keep.

I had a friend of a friend who tried to come close to me, i refused even after he gave my sister a federal civil service job. I knew i will never get to trust him. I warned my friend and this friend had his 1st EFCC problem dealing with that guy. Infact my friend was left high and dry with EFCC on his trail.

I dont joke with those who have trusted me and I trust them as friends and as family.
Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by classysupanova(f): 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
UjuJoan2:
This is the height of passive aggressiveness . .. You almost killed someone, when you could have gently confronted the issue.

Not nice!
killed someone you said? He should have stopped when he noticed the food had lots of pepper greed why continue?

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by dederocs(m): 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Jobless, dumb man, my friend has been married 6 months, I was at their wedding and all, but has never crossed my mind to visit them. Married couples need space, I can only show up at celebrations.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Daeylar(f): 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
It's these kind of husbands in this story that make women angry and make women hiss when men open their mouths to say men are the head. undecided
What kind of weak man hides behind his wife and leaves his wife to handle his friend?
What is his use then as head of house? Protector of family?
These kind of men leave their wives to do everything.
Cannot protect his wife. Cannot defend her. Common to stand up to his friend he cannot do. Oya since he has become a woman and the wife has become the man. Let him cook and take care of domestic chores. It's still the wife that is cooking meals. SMH

Please what is the use of such a man in a woman's life? See the poor woman stressing herself thinking of strategies to handle her lazy husband's friend when the man should have handled his friend from the first disrespect.
Smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Daeylar(f): 7:39pm On Mar 25, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Why you no marry your nigga then?

cheesy grin

I just tire.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by adanny01(m): 7:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
OCEANMORGAN:

But in this case you involve your wife in the decision making, she will be happy to do it because you both discuss and agreed to it, the person visiting never had any decision to make except when you ask for his choice of what to eat. Thanks to the owner of the comment I am quoting below, it is the answer you need.

We have it in this story that the man came early and probably not in a hurry to go. The question is, isnt my wife going to prepare breakfast that morning. If we had a visitor after breakfast, then he will have our left over. I trust my wife to take that decision even if he asks for something else.

The problem in the story is that the man continue to show up frequently. On this, if i have the food stuff and if we habe not had breakfast yet, that request may just modify the breakfast plan. The fact that he is frequently is immaterial. The only thing is whether what is necessary or the timing is right.

No one can come to my house after dinner to ask my wife to prepare a special soup. I trust all my friends to not cross that line. No one can come to my house after rice and stew lunch and ask my wife to prepare vegetable stew and rice for him, it won't work.

Coming to my house unannounced at 7am, we must be very good friends. No person who has never been to my house will show up unannounced. It is the one who is frequent that can do that and it is the closeness that will warrant him shape his own breakfast in my house.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by Omudia11: 8:08pm On Mar 25, 2019
Lmao, there's really nothing we won't see on NL.
Noblefirstlady:

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by RTSC: 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
bukatyne:

Leave the men that don't understand that disrespect of the wife is disrespect to them.
How did he disrespect the wife?
You think if he is not happy with her, he would come there and eat her food?

Any man that is stupid enough to distance his long standing friends over such flimsy issue like an over sensitive wife, should pray never to have cause to run back to his friends.

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by nkwuocha: 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2019
Donjazzy12:

And you probably believe that having money is better than having friends. I pity that woman who consents to marry you, cos one day you will sell her for money!

Friends are unnecessary appendage.I rather have a business partner. I lost a good brother friend through poison.Guess what his best man poisoned him to death, a week to tie the knot.

I live my life without friends.I don't need them.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by stuffs4me(m): 6:46am On Mar 26, 2019
BUXOMEBONY:
Newly weds are supposed to be left alone to bond very well.No matter who you are to them,just stay away ,they don't need your interference or visitation for at least 6 months,if they come to greet you before then,fine but don't go there.Greet them over the phone, WhatsApp is there pls

If only women will realise this. Wives are the most guilty of this. They invite their own family and friends into the their homes but hate seeing their husbands family members. Some even call their mothers in law witches while others pray for the death of their mothers in law.

1 Like

Re: Lady Reveals How She Taught Her Husband's Entitled Friend A Painful Lesson by stuffs4me(m): 6:52am On Mar 26, 2019
The woman Zahra Zaraa Danejo is a very wicked woman. How did she know that it was not the husband that invited the friend over and the had an appointment for 7am

The unfortunate husband to have married this murderous woman will surely get his own day someday. She laced her husband friend's food with so much pepper, a day will come and she will lace her husband's food with poison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Need Your Advice On What To Do About My Late Sister Children / 4-year-old South African Girl Destroys The Dance Floor, Trends Online. Reactions / 8 Lies Married Women Tell Publicly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.