Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,237 members, 7,822,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region (14351 Views)

Underdevelopment In Africa: Use Your Brain Now Or Perish - Melie Onyejepu / Governor Ikpeazu Blames Nnamdi Kanu For Underdevelopment In Abia State / "I Cannot Be A Governor And Not Be A Governor" - Godwin Obaseki Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Lagos seaport was built by the British during colonial era from taxes collected from the Yoruba people there.

Lagos airport was built by the British during colonial era

Most parts of Lagos state were under Western region and then Lagos state... FCT was only three local governments..

Ikeja was western region. It was never FCT
Epe same
Oshodi same
Agege same and almost all parts of Lagos.
Most schools, roads and public infrastructures in Lagos were built by either western region or Lagos state government not FCT.
Awolowo built Ikeja industrial estates and almost most of the industrial estates in Lagos.

Apart from third mainland bridge, few projects of worth were built constructed by FG.

Don't be a stark illiterate.

Chai! My people my people! Where's the name of the Airport built by the British in Lagos, hope it's still in operations?

Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) (IATA: LOS, ICAO: DNMM) is an international airport located in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. Was it built by the British?

Awolowo industrial Estate, where is it now? I'm talking about the infrastructures that made Lagos, you're talking of one non existing project.

Bridges
Roads
Government House
Military Installations
Administrative Headquarters
Seaports
Airports
Rail way

Tell me the ones Lagos, built before Oil free money, they still use, after all, Britain still use infrastructures of 100 years. Pearl Harbour is still in use, it's being more 90 years.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 11:19am On Mar 25, 2019
Westsida:
[s][/s]

Even theyre trying to identify the problems that are kissing your ass in ur region, all you could still do is talk about Lagos. Are we to feed your region to get better? You guys claimed you got a lot and can do a lot and can develop a lot, simply go & get it started & stop asking useless questions on the forum.

We wanted out, fought with our blood, parasites won't let us be. That's the reason they hate the word Biafra than Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:

Forget Lagos. Lagos is overrated.
Lagos is not overrated ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Ubenedictus(m): 11:31am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:
What did Oshiomhole do with the huge amount he was receiving from the fed govt?
Go to edo and ask, they will show u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by IOStanley(m): 11:35am On Mar 25, 2019
Let him keep quiet and do the needful.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Ubenedictus(m): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:

I agree with that but you'd agree Edo state still gets sizeable income from the fed govt.
Compared the population of Edo and that of of Ogun or Anambra and you'd see Oshiomhole wasn't prudent at all.
He did great in his first term and used 2nd term to marry and become a political godfather. Did zilch in his 2nd term.
2nd term was actually his best term, that was when he worked outside benin. His 1st term was centered around edo south.

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Olumyco(m): 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

All the infrastructures I'm going to mention now were built by Federal Government, I challenge you to disclaim any them.

Airport
Seaport
Bridges
Roads
Rails
All Ministry headquarters
Lagos state government house

Please which one did your state government build?

Secondly, I will challenge you to travel outside Lagos, go to the East or South, you will never mention states with mud houses in their capital as progressive.

First of all, projects like Airports and Seaports are Federal Government Projects in agreement with State Government. All International Airports and Seaports in Nigeria are built by Federal Government except Akwa Ibom's own and I still believe FG has its hand in it. I dont know why you are trying to single out Lagos. PH International Airport, Kano Airport, that of Calabar and so on were built by FG. And for your information Lagos has a master plan and Lekki International Airport is there as a proposed Airport. Tell me a seaport in Nigeria that was not built by FG.

As for bridges not all are built by FG. Lekki-Ikoyi bridge was built by Lagos State under Gov. Fashola's Admnistration.
According to Lagos State Master's Plan 4th mainland is also being proposed

For Road, many roads in Lagos are constructed by Lagos State Government.

Lagos Light Rail is under construction now.

What Lagos is today is really the work of the State Government. The foundation for Lagos development was laid around 2004 during Tinubu's Time. And the transformation kick off in 2007 by Fashola building on the foundation. Looking at IGR, Lagos IGR has really improved.
New Terminals, Lekki Phase 1, Eko Atlantic, Orange Island, Diamond Island, Gracefield Island, Lekki phase 2, Oshodi Bus Stop Interchange, flyovers, roads, rails, light up lagos, tourism etc are some of the development that has taken off so far.

We cant discredit the development of Lagos which started in 2007 in name of the FG project that were executed there long time ago. There are FG projects here and there and its never enough for all round development until the State Government is able to do their own. Lagos GDP has really developed to the extent that it is the highest in Africa when it comes to Cities and also larger than all the all the countries of west Africa combined together. How do you think this was achieved it was by growing Lagos Economy. These Governors could have done more if they were sincere but we cant still discredit the little they have done in lagos.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by PapaBaby: 11:43am On Mar 25, 2019
Ubenedictus:
2nd term was actually his best term, that was when he worked outside benin. His 1st term was centered around edo south.

What did he do outside Benin? Building a university in his home town is unlikely to be regarded as an achievement, no?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Babzking(m): 11:45am On Mar 25, 2019
OneCorner:
Tinubu evil man gulping all the south south funds.
He will soon meet his Waterloo
Are you crazy? undecided undecided
How south funds reach him?
No wonder you region is still underdevelop
Empty brain keep killing yourself

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 11:50am On Mar 25, 2019
Olumyco:

First of all, projects like Airports and Seaports are Federal Government Projects in agreement with State Government. All International Airports and Seaports in Nigeria are built by Federal Government except Akwa Ibom's own and I still believe FG has its hand in it. I dont know why you are trying to single out Lagos. PH International Airport, Kano Airport, that of Calabar and so on were built by FG. And for your information Lagos has a master plan and Lekki International Airport is there as a proposed Airport. Tell me a seaport in Nigeria that was not built by FG.

As for bridges not all are built by FG. Lekki-Ikoyi bridge was built by Lagos State under Gov. Fashola's Admnistration.
According to Lagos State Master's Plan 4th mainland is also being proposed

For Road, many roads in Lagos are constructed by Lagos State Government.

Lagos Light Rail is under construction now.

What Lagos is today is really the work of the State Government. The foundation for Lagos development was laid around 2004 during Tinubu's Time. And the transformation kick off in 2007 by Fashola building on the foundation. Looking at IGR, Lagos IGR has really improved.
New Terminals, Lekki Phase 1, Eko Atlantic, Orange Island, Diamond Island, Gracefield Island, Lekki phase 2, Oshodi Bus Stop Interchange, flyovers, roads, rails, light up lagos, tourism etc are some of the development that has taken off so far.

We cant discredit the development of Lagos which started in 2007 in name of the FG project that were executed there long time ago. There are FG projects here and there and its never enough for all round development until the State Government is able to do their own. Lagos GDP has really developed to the extent that it is the highest in Africa when it comes to Cities and also larger than all the all the countries of west Africa combined together. How do you think this was achieved it was by growing Lagos Economy. These Governors could have done more if they were sincere but we cant still discredit the little they have done in lagos.

Almost all fore mentioned projects are proposed. That means Lagos would have had just one bridge, the Lekki Bridge.

And whatever gains Lagos, has gotten is because of the investment of the Federal government towards infrastructural development.

It's wrong for a Yoruba in the course of discussion to tell any Nigerian from any part to go back to there region, because the resources used in developing Lagos comes from Niger Delta. Till today, Lagos still enjoy huge federal allocation.

Lagos didn't develop in the adsence of many aids coming from a part of the South, that's my point.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by dhestiney(m): 11:52am On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:

What did he do outside Benin? Building a university in his home town is unlikely to be regarded as an achievement, no?
oshiomole worked more in his first term than he did in his second term, true. that doesn't mean he did absolutely nothing in his second term like u are saying, what i know for sure is that the road that links siluko to where i say in Egor and beyond was done in his second term(same road the PDP said they couldn't do because of 'mammy water'). Lemme ask, do you even stay in edo state?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by PapaBaby: 11:56am On Mar 25, 2019
dhestiney:
oshiomole worked more in his first term than he did in his second term, true. that doesn't mean he did absolutely nothing in his second term like u are saying, what i know for sure is that the road that links siluko to where i say in Egor and beyond was done in his second term(same road the PDP said they couldn't do because of 'mammy water'). Lemme ask, do you even stay in edo state?

Stop beating round the bush, just list the achievements in his 2nd term.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 11:57am On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Which Edo? Can you Compare Edo to Rivers, Akwa Ibom or Calabar? Eeeh!
Can you compare the money Edo makes monthly to what the other states make?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 11:59am On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Can you compare the money Edo makes monthly to what the other states make?

I don't get you. Are you saying they make more or less?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 12:02pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

The politicians from your region aren't greedy, is your region more developed than Niger Delta?
Do you need to be told? Living in self-denial is a dangerous thing. Niger delta should be more developed than it is today
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by OAUTemitayo: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Chai! My people my people! Where's the name of the Airport built by the British in Lagos, hope it's still in operations?

Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA) (IATA: LOS, ICAO: DNMM) is an international airport located in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria. Was it built by the British?

Awolowo industrial Estate, where is it now? I'm talking about the infrastructures that made Lagos, you're talking of one non existing project.

Bridges
Roads
Government House
Military Installations
Seaports
Airports
Rail way

Tell me the ones Lagos, built before Oil free money, they still use, after all, Britain still use infrastructures of 100 years. Pearl Harbour is still in use, it's being more 90 years.
Go online and research on those major infrastructures.
It is still same seaport.
Still same airport
The industries are still using the industrial estates built by Awolowo.
There is a reason why God placed head on your neck, use it to do some research.

Be safe always

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 12:03pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

I don't get you. Are you saying they make more or less?
Edo makes far less and things are still bei g done. Take my state for example, almost N15bn on average monthly with almost nothing to show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:04pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oyimeoyimemua:

Do you need to be told? Living in self-denial is a dangerous thing. Niger delta should be more developed than it is today

Yes! But same with other regions too..

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:06pm On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Edo makes far less and things are still bei g done. Take my state for example, almost N15bn on average monthly with almost nothing to show.

I agree with you, but Edo doesn't have anything to show for her allocation. Except you've not being to the state.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

I agree with you, but Edo doesn't have anything to show for her allocation. Except you've not being to the state.
Maybe with Obaseki.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by OgaBuhari: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2019
Binikingdowm:
Very true, bayelsa, delta and river state comes to mind.

It's only Edo and akwa ibom trying.

Southerners should sit up, by 2030 we'll start deporting those Muslims northerners
akwa ibom ke?
Abeg that's my state and they're the worst
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by OgaBuhari: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Binikingdowm is this true?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by amaniro: 12:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
SocialJustice:
Edo is the only one trying, the other governors are thieves.

Big lie. You've not been to Akwaibom that's why.
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Ubenedictus(m): 12:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:

Actually building a partly state own university is always an achievement, add that to the road networks throughout auchi town that looked like villages under igbenedion, the dual road through uzairue towards fugar ultimately link etstako west and central, akoko edo nkor? or the touching of the owan roads? or the fact that he made sure there were atleast 4 new block school building funished with pvc roof, marker boards, conducive class room with seats in every town and village, providing computer facility for certain selected schools, attacking the auchi gully that was claiming lives what about the usugbenu road or the one linking emu and some other village that never had tarred roads in esandland etc... Or is it his continued worker friendly policies.

As i said in d other thread, if u goto edo and point to any govt project it may be osho's.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by ibietela2(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
Don't expect better development in any part of Nigeria so long as we are tied to the centre and other things
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by SocialJustice: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
amaniro:

Big lie. You've not been to Akwaibom that's why.
What is happening there that is in tandem with the allocation the state receives?
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by deomelo: 12:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

You're more daftt than I thought. Outside Lagos state, which was developed by Federal Government as the then Federal Capital, what has other Western States achieved?

All your states has mud houses in there capital, please tell us other region in the South such is obtainable.

Another ignorant assertion that the FG developed Lagos State.

Akwa ibom is the richest state in Nigeria, Delta State is the largest debtor state in Nigeria after Lagos, they collect many times more allocation and igr than Osun state and owe almost double what Osun owe, but Osun state still delivered more infrastructures than the whole of SS and even SE combined.

Face your issues in your village and useless leaders and stop measuring d1ck with the SW.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by raumdeuter: 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2019
kernel001:

Bridges
Roads
Government House
Military Installations
Seaports
Airports
Rail way

Lagos airport was built during World war 2 in the 40s and renamed Murtala airport by FGN in the 70s

There was no oil money in the 40s when airport was built

Apapa seaport has been since the 1800 before oil was discovered

Railway
The British government began construction of a railway from Lagos Colony to Ibadan in March 1896. The Lagos Government Railway began operations in March 1901 and was extended to Minna in 1911, where it met the Baro–Kano Railway that was built by the government of Northern Nigeria between 1907 and 1911. The two lines were amalgamated in 1912 into the Government Department of Railways, the predecessor to the Nigerian Railway Corporation. The railway reached its northeastern terminus of Nguru in 1930

Carter bridge in Lagos was built in 1901 before the discovery of oil

3 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by Ubenedictus(m): 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
dhestiney:
oshiomole worked more in his first term than he did in his second term, true. that doesn't mean he did absolutely nothing in his second term like u are saying, what i know for sure is that the road that links siluko to where i say in Egor and beyond was done in his second term(same road the PDP said they couldn't do because of 'mammy water') Lemme ask, do you even stay in edo state?
Clearly he is not from edo state, how many roads in benin city were anything to write about b4 osho? in the entire state how many roads did igbenedion do. That excuse was the worst, wat mamy water stopped him from doing road.
funy thing is igbenedio left empty coffers and osho even borrowed to make edo even seem like anything to write about, something he was trying to manage in his 2nd term. can u remember how waste and rubbish was handled during igbenedion. benin was an ancient city that could even handle waste, wat abt intra city transport was it not just bike?
abeg i no fit talk.

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by tiredoflife(m): 12:36pm On Mar 25, 2019
PapaBaby:

They won't see Tinubu's thievery but would notice Ibori.
Ibori is a hero in Ogharra just like Tinubu is in Lagos. The only difference is Tinubu continues to eat Lagos die.

No mind the earthworms.
Ibori is our hero
We urhobos love him just like afonjas love tinubu grin
Re: Obaseki Laments Underdevelopment In South-South Despite Being Most Funded Region by kernel001: 12:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
OAUTemitayo:

Go online and research on those major infrastructures.
It is still same seaport.
Still same airport
The industries are still using the industrial estates built by Awolowo.
There is a reason why God placed head on your neck, use it to do some research.

Be safe always

It's unfortunate that people without knowledge of history will be peddling illusion against some gullible individuals.

Since you don't know,let me educate you.

The current international airport terminal was built and commissioned over 40 years ago, in 1978.The terminal opened officially March,15,1979. The airport had been known simply as the Lagos International Airport. It was however, re-named for the late Nigerian Head of State, General Murtala Muhammed, who died.

Awolowo also instituted Industrial estates like Oluyole industrial estate in Ibadan; Ilupeju industrial estate in Lagos why aren't Oluyole Industrial Estate in Ibadan not doing better than that of Lagos, since it was his initiative that brought Lagos this far? Need I remind you that Ilupeju isn't developed by any standard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Attack Police Division In Akwa Ibom, Three Officers Injured / INEC Begins Review Of 2023 Polls, Says BVAS Recorded 98% success / Chibok Boy Paralyzed By Boko Haram Gets Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.