Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Murano Transmission Problem - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Murano Transmission Problem (17476 Views)

Toyota Highlander Transmission Problem / Volkswagen Golf MK 4 Automatic Transmission Problem / Nissan Murano 2003 Transmission Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by jonnyp(m): 7:55pm On Oct 15, 2018
Am loving this info am getting here..kudos guys ����

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by jonnyp(m): 7:58pm On Oct 15, 2018
Colann:
Hi all, I'm on this thread because I'm just considering buying a Murano, your comments are helpful but please does anyone has any further advise for me regarding my choice of buying one?
Thanks all
I have just imported one from us to sell.. 2006 no issue and is very cheap call me 08030744465

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by oblo(m): 8:23pm On Oct 15, 2018
jonnyp:
I have just imported one from us to sell.. 2006 no issue and is very cheap call me 08030744465

Are you buying a toks?

Or naija used?

Year and other o for would be nice. I use a murano presently

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by jonnyp(m): 8:09am On Oct 16, 2018
oblo:

Are you buying a toks?

Or naija used?

Year and other o for would be nice. I use a murano presently
i have for sale

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by TOCHINEDU: 4:18pm On Feb 12, 2019
So apart from problem which has been solved apparently, what about the fuel consumption rate? I a

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Cutetmoney(m): 7:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
I have a Nissan Murano 2005 Model, its giving me a hell of problems. When the ignition is turned on, it refuses to raise while you throttle it. Its been scanned and its showing TP Sensor/circuit and Power/ Circuit. I've tried changing the injector mouth severally but to no avail, Some mechanics are talking about changing the gearbox, does the raising of the engine has anything to do with the gearbox? Its killing Me slowly, please help a brother. Even any Link to any better Electrician(expert)

1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Cutetmoney(m): 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
Please help save a brother. Thanks

1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by erico2k2(m): 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
Cutetmoney:
I have a Nissan Murano 2005 Model, its giving me a hell of problems. When the ignition is turned on, it refuses to raise while you throttle it. Its been scanned and its showing TP Sensor/circuit and Power/ Circuit. I've tried changing the injector mouth severally but to no avail, Some mechanics are talking about changing the gearbox, does the raising of the engine has anything to do with the gearbox? Its killing Me slowly, please help a brother. Even any Link to any better Electrician(expert)
You already got an idea where the trouble is coming from have you tried cleaning the TP Sensor?
PS; Arrest those talking gearbox, they are yahoo MEchanics
when buying the TP Sensor make sure you buy a brand new one! TP Means throttle Position

3 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by erico2k2(m): 10:26pm On Jul 23, 2019
Cutetmoney:
Please help save a brother. Thanks
bro I cant access the Email I used in opening NL so you might as well ask your question here
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Cutetmoney(m): 10:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
erico2k2:

bro I cant access the Email I used in opening NL so you might as well ask your question here
How can I be Sure that the problem will be solved by buying a brand New TP Sensor? Cause once the seal is broken U cannot send it back to the seller.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 23, 2019
Cutetmoney:
The VIN indicates you have a 2006 model. Either the accelerator pedal or throttle body is faulty. Proceed by addressing (changing) the accelerator pedal first.
Don't clean the throttle body.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by AshipaEk0: 6:20am On Jul 24, 2019
Cutetmoney:

How can I be Sure that the problem will be solved by buying a brand New TP Sensor? Cause once the seal is broken U cannot send it back to the seller.

You mean that maybe the scanner/ECU is telling lies ?

Nothing new under the sun

You should go back to those mechanics who suggested the gearbox change. Seems they understand the real issue you have better than the scanner

3 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by oblo(m): 7:18am On Jul 24, 2019
You have to rectify what the scanner is popping up and move from there. If you had another murano owner of same year you could do a swap and see if that solves the issue be for going to buy a new replacement.

It's not your gearbox as those two in these circumstances are unrelated.

Sent you a mail though. You could call me. I use a murano as well. 2004 though.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by autologic: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2019
Cutetmoney:
I will advice that you don't start throwing parts based on scan DTC ,it is a pure electrical issue probably a short circuit that need further probing ,we can help you with the fix if you can if you book appointment with us at autologic.
The reason are suggesting change of transmission is that they know from experience that TPS has something to do with the transmission but cannot really explain how ,so it as well be a fatal mistake to go ahead with such terrible advice of change of transmission

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Cutetmoney(m): 8:03am On Jul 24, 2019
AshipaEk0:

You mean that maybe the scanner/ECU is telling lies ?

Nothing new under the sun

You should go back to those mechanics who suggested the gearbox change. Seems they understand the real issue you have better than the scanner
Seems U don't get what I meant. I've tried Changing Up to 5 different TP sensor and its still not raising

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Cutetmoney(m): 8:06am On Jul 24, 2019
autologic:

I will advice that you don't start throwing parts based on scan DTC ,it is a pure electrical issue probably a short circuit that need further probing ,we can help you with the fix if you can if you book appointment with us at autologic.
The reason are suggesting change of transmission is that they know from experience that TPS has something to do with the transmission but cannot really explain how ,so it as well be a fatal mistake to go ahead with such terrible advice of change of transmission
How do I start booking when the Car is at the Eastern Part of Nigeria (Anambra).

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 24, 2019
Cutetmoney:
Seems U don't get what I meant. I've tried Changing Up to 5 different TP sensor and its still not raising
I'm curious what this "TP sensor" looks like. Could you post a snapshot?

3 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Besto(m): 4:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Cutetmoney:

2 things involve

1. Ecu
2. Gear box
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2019
Besto:

2 things involve

1. Ecu
2. Gear box
If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Besto(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
Costee:

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

I said that from personal experience.

I did a changed of tps in (1), but nothing changed, not until I had a change of Ecu and my rev'd up asap

In case no (2) traveled for over a month, came back car wasn't raising, had to do many restarts and after several restarts, engine picks and when I try to engage gear, it cuts out engine power again, more like putting the car on limp mode, checked gear oil and it was low. Changing oil solved issue.

2 Likes

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
Besto:

I said that from personal experience.

I did a changed of tps in (1), but nothing changed, not until I had a change of Ecu and my rev'd up asap

In case no (2) traveled for over a month, came back car wasn't raising, had to do many restarts and after several restarts, engine picks and when I try to engage gear, it cuts out engine power again, more like putting the car on limp mode, checked gear oil and it was low. Changing oil solved issue.
Did you have the same error codes as the ones under reference?
I wonder where this "tps" is located or what it looks like.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Besto(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
Costee:

Did you have the same error codes as the ones under reference?
I wonder where this "tps" is located or what it looks like.

Tps is your throttle pedal position sensor.. "the accelerator pedal" which you put your foot on.

There is a sensor attached to the pedal which communicates the pedal position to the ecu for efficient air and fuel mixture input into the engine.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jul 24, 2019
Besto:

Tps is your throttle pedal position sensor.. "the accelerator pedal" which you put your foot on.

There is a sensor attached to the pedal which communicates the pedal position to the ecu for efficient air and fuel mixture input into the engine.
Nice. Yes, the pedal has a sensor called Accelerator Pedal Sensor. The Throttle Position Sensor is different from the APP sensor and is an integral component of the Throttle Body. In this case either of the two is the issue, though I strongly suspect the APP sensor. If you take a closer (zoom) look at the snapshot of the codes posted, perhaps the first in this list has been partially elided. It's P2138-APP Sensor. If it's faulty, then you'd also have TPS (throttle body) codes because the ECM makes them work together.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by erico2k2(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
Cutetmoney:

If your car is more than 10 years Old your TP sensor is due for a change in the 1st place. Some sensors in ur car need to change B4 they put you down.You can test the sensor to see if it works, You need an electrician with a good multimeter to do this.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 24, 2019
erico2k2:

If your car is more than 10 years Old your TP sensor is due for a change in the 1st place. Some sensors in ur car need to change B4 they put you down.You can test the sensor to see if it works, You need an electrician with a good multimeter to do this.
Hm. "if it aint broken dont try to fix it."
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by oblo(m): 7:14am On Jul 25, 2019
Spoke with the OP and he had also changed the pedal but same issue..
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2019
oblo:
Tell him to delete the codes and re-scan.
As I said, the throttle body is also a possibility.

1 Like

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by sandee575(f): 5:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Some mechanics can change the gear box to that of another Nissan SUV.
I've done it and i'm still using it. Of course its not as smooth as it used to be when the original gear box was there; but like they say half bread is better than none.
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by erico2k2(m): 6:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
Costee:

Hm. "if it aint broken dont try to fix it."
yes true that but, swapping something B4 it puts you down is not fixing!!
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by OgaKazeem(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
oblo:
if he likes he should change 1 billion TPS that thing no go work.
scan data says the computer is seeing a fault with the TPS and APP sensor "circuit". problem is either in the wiring or connectors.
like autologic said, it could be a short circuit, an open circuit etc.
OP get a competent tech to diagnose the wiring for you. thats most likely where your problem lies.
if that is certified to be good then proceed to the ECU... there might be a problem on the power side of those circuits from the computer.
areas to focus on
1. APPS sensor, circuit and connector
2. TPS sensor, circuit and connector
3. electric throttle control actuator circuit and connector

also ensure U perform a relearn everytime you disconnect the APPS, TPS or ETCA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Murano Transmission Problem by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
OgaKazeem:

if he likes he should change 1 billion TPS that thing no go work.
scan data says the computer is seeing a fault with the TPS and APP sensor "circuit". problem is either in the wiring or connectors.
like autologic said, it could be a short circuit, an open circuit etc.
OP get a competent tech to diagnose the wiring for you. thats most likely where your problem lies.
if that is certified to be good then proceed to the ECU... there might be a problem on the power side of those circuits from the computer.
areas to focus on
1. APPS sensor, circuit and connector
2. TPS sensor, circuit and connector
3. electric throttle control actuator circuit and connector

also ensure U perform a relearn everytime you disconnect the APPS, TPS or ETCA
If you have seen the factory service manual of this vehicle for example you will realize that "circuit" need not necessarily have to be the cause of the present issue. The throttle body could just simply go bad and the same codes of "circuit" will appear. Most times too circuits go bad when they have been disturbed by hands. If the OP's vehicle had not been worked before the present issue circuits might not come into play.
You too have mentioned TPS. Could you tell us the location?
Re: Murano Transmission Problem by OgaKazeem(m): 10:56pm On Jul 25, 2019
Costee:

If you have seen the factory service manual of this vehicle for example you will realize that "circuit" need not necessarily have to be the cause of the present issue. The throttle body could just simply go bad and the same codes of "circuit" will appear. Most times too circuits go bad when they have been disturbed by hands. If the OP's vehicle had not been worked before the present issue circuits might not come into play.
You too have mentioned TPS. Could you tell us the location?
its impossible to give a definite solution remotely. my response is based purely on most likely causes of this fault according to manufacturer repair information.
however my money is on diagnosing the circuit first.
as a tech U dont expect me to just start changing parts without first knowing the state of the electrical circuit upon which the component works.
after that then i diagnose the components involved being the sensor and the ECU. thats my personal opinion on my thought
process.
now checking the wiring diagram for that circuit the TPS shares the same reference voltage with 3 or 4 other sensors. if ome of them is shorted to power or ground it will surely affect the rest lioe the TPS in this instance. this is why i still insist on verifying if the circuit is working as it should before changing any parts.

to your question, the TPS is attached the electric throttle actuator also called the throttle body. a quick check on google will surely help U with the location.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Nigerians Not Buying Electric Cars ? / Do You Drive Auto Transmission With One Foot Or Both? / love-vendor-My-Ride In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.