Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats (20393 Views)

WAEC Timetable Is Anti-muslim - MURIC Cries Out / MURIC Reacts As WAEC Fixes Examinations For Friday Prayer Time / Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by OBAGADAFFI: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2019
Fanatic call other people fanatics.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by PRINCEVICKEY: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2019
MURIC and BOKOHARAM ......I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY DIFFERENCES IN DEM ...
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Angelawhite(m): 11:02am On Mar 26, 2019
tongue
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by theoldpretender(m): 11:03am On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

You think Christians care if they set their exams on sunday

Last year, Kaduna state ended up with a school timetable that had students still in school by Easter.

There was a massive protest.

If you think that Christians won't complain....you have not lived in this country.They would. CAN would make lots of noise.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 26, 2019
gaskiyamagana:

Let that happen, WAEC on Sunday, then justice is done.

while in secondary school we go to school on Sundays at times.
Adventists write jamb on Saturdays no noise. Don't they have rights?

why the shout and emphasis on "reverend" if not mischief.

so if a child of traditional faith has a charm to always wear on him, it is also permitted as far as he has a right?

I pity Christians kicking against christian institutions. I think the sooner we get that right the better for us.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2019
Jessyjack:
God!!! they should just divide this country and give me my share lemme go..... what kind of people are these... This group will take over from herdsmen very soon.....
Stut tha Bleep up, did you even read the statement? angry
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Hotguy27: 11:12am On Mar 26, 2019
I don't even understand all these problems we manufacture sometimes. Have all these corporate organizations (e.g Banks, NNPC, DPR, Oil companies, etc) where all these religious bigots work ever closed offices on Fridays because of religious activities? They won't do that because they make money from there.
Let them push for those places to be closed first and then come back to WAEC. .

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 11:12am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

The problem is, WAEC has set an exam at a time when Muslims would be in the mosque.

If WAEC st exam on Sundays...would you be saying the same thing about CAN?

Islamic fundamentalist behaviour has hurt a lot of Christians, but this is not the issue here.
Don't mind those people, I'm a Muslim and I don't support Muric on many issues but these bigots don't even read the statement, once they see "muric" they automatically brandish their fangs.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by lenghtinny(m): 11:13am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

Last year, Kaduna state ended up with a school timetable that had students still in school by Easter.

There was a massive protest.

If you think that Christians won't complain....you have not lived in this country.They would. CAN would make lots of noise.

Can is more like a political arm running alarmist agenda....

From time immemorial, people go to work and school from Monday to Friday, while they rest on Saturdays and Sundays...

Now is it the Christians fault that Friday isn't recognized as a work free day

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 11:14am On Mar 26, 2019
BolaAdeyemo:
When we(Sane Nigerians) complain about the Islamic writings and emblems on the Naira note and in the Nigerian Army badge our Christian brother start to defend them
the thing is that Muslims won't take it if it was the other way round,I am having this feeling that soon Nigeria would be islamized
I had a foreign who thought Nigeria is a Islamic country,we argued for close to an hour

These are the kind of Yoruba Christian bigots we have nowadays, How would you feel if WAEC or JAMB set exams on Sunday? Why are you people so intolerant like this? Why is that whenever Muslims fight for their rights, especially Yoruba Muslims, you people become bitter?
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Shegzy8(m): 11:15am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

The problem is, WAEC has set an exam at a time when Muslims would be in the mosque.

Islamic fundamentalist behaviour has hurt a lot of Christians, but this is not the issue here.
Sunday is naturally a rest day for everybody..Christians, Muslim, pagan and atheist... Even Muslims go to church on Sundays...some lecturers had lectures on Sunday in oau...I can attest to that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by ClearFlair: 11:15am On Mar 26, 2019
Jessyjack:
God!!! they should just divide this country and give me my share lemme go..... what kind of people are these... This group will take over from herdsmen very soon.....

Butthurt because your favorite thief lost cheesy
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by lenghtinny(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2019
mojojesu94:

while in secondary school we go to school on Sundays at times.
Adventists write jamb on Saturdays no noise. Don't they have rights?

why the shout and emphasis on "reverend" if not mischief.

so if a child of traditional faith has a charm to always wear on him, it is also permitted as far as he has a right?

I pity Christians kicking against christian institutions. I think the sooner we get that right the better for us.

Don't mind them.... Everything is always competition to all theses people that religious bigotry has taken half of their cerebrum....

It's always Christianity vs Islam and not common sense angry
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Otsam(m): 11:17am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

The problem is,’misplaced priorities ‘ go to tertiary institutions where they run part-time programs, they fix lecturers and exams on Sundays from 9am, they shifts that of Friday’s to 3pm downwards yet, they would complain.
The prof doesn’t want activities on fridays, but he failed to consider the adopted calendar the constitution recognized.illiterates claiming holier than the original owners of the religion.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

You think Christians care if they set their exams on Sunday

Some Muslims are just too sensitive angry. If they miss that Jumat service, are they going to die or miss heaven Abi no be the same Nigeria that's filled with religious hypocrites...

Though Waec should consider some factors in fixing its timetable but it's an independent organization that can do as it so wishes concerning it's exams provided it tallies with their schedules, plans and logistics.....

Muric should stop bleeding from both sides of its mouth...
What kind of rubbish comment is this? So if Christians don't care about their religion, Muslims should do the same? You think we're in a competition with you? Muslim families have been divided for more than 50 years on Friday whereas you people attend Sunday worship with your families yet you're criticizing Muslims for speaking out against an exam that stumps on their right? You people are bigots, and it's high time Muslims wake up especially Yoruba Muslims, this is getting too much! angry
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by usoroakpan(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2019
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 11:20am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:
A big problem in Nigeria is the issue of religious intolerance.

MURIC should remember that many Muslims have been attacking Chrsitians for years, and nothing was done...and the fact that CAN fights for Christian rights is borne out of bitter experiences.

As you stated earlier, this isn't the contention. Religious violence is known in Nigeria, and no one is innocent neither Muslims nor Christians.

However, at the same time, the religous rights of Muslim students should and must be respected. Secularisim does not mean that Chrstian rights must be respected above Muslim rights, or that Muslims must be forced to disobey the dictates of their religion. Muslims must not be forced to remove their hijabs, nor Christians must be forced to wear hijab. Exam bodies must learn to accomodate religious days....and must do so in advance.

The real problem is poor planing on the part of WAEC. WAEC , like many Nigerian organisations, does not plan well ahead of time. And they do not learn to make accomodations. Had this been the USA...there would have been accomodations made for religious students, and non religious students.

If we must live in peace in this country...we must be willing to be tolerant. Not selectively....but on a case by case basis. Thank you. I defend no religion.

Thank you for this objectivity.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2019
That muric man is an idiot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by theoldpretender(m): 11:21am On Mar 26, 2019
Otsam:

The problem is,’misplaced priorities ‘ go to tertiary institutions where they run part-time programs, they fix lecturers and exams on Sundays from 9am, they shifts that of Friday’s to 3pm downwards yet, they would complain.
The prof doesn’t want activities on fridays, but he failed to consider the adopted calendar the constitution recognized.illiterates claiming holier than the original owners of the religion.

Yes I am aware of that, however, in order not to cause offence...either pretended, genuine, for political effect or out of joblessness, or whatever...WAEC better PLAN better.

The problem with Nigeria is that everybody and his mother considers himself or herself a victim. Hence the need for careful planning to accommodate everyone.

That is a mark of true leadership.

Not too long ago,CAN complained when secondary school timetables for Kaduna state meant that students would be in school during Easter. That to me is not an indication of Muslim persecution of Chrstians, or of Christians crying too much...but of poor planning.

Nigeria has suffered too much because people are always too scared.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Seerach(m): 11:25am On Mar 26, 2019
Lukgaf:
For, WAEC Official Threatens MURIC Director With Disappearance In Leaked Audio, see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5097287/waec-official-threatens-muric-director

I am still not clear how will an exam body fix exam for Jumat service period and still not clear why should Muslim must go to court before their daughters are allowed to use Hijab in schools when we are in Democratic settings (a non-hypocrite mind will ask the same question too). The most annoying thing is the nonobjective contributions of some Nairalander here (many who have travelled to a developed country with strictly less Muslim population).

Please let's tolerate each other. This and many other problem is why Nigeria is not moving forward. May God assist us all
Exactly Bro. sentiments has beclouded most of the people in my country Nigeria, s
you may think some they don't have brain at all for reasoning.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Trulie(m): 11:26am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

I wrote one of my final year degree paper on a Sunday morning and heaven didn't come down. Nigeria is a secular country implying that decisions made should be devoid of religious sentiments. MURIC should stop whining around.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Gboy101: 11:27am On Mar 26, 2019
lord lugard was a lunatic. a British Lord with no brain.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by theoldpretender(m): 11:30am On Mar 26, 2019
Trulie:

I wrote one of my final year degree paper on a Sunday morning and heaven didn't come down. Nigeria is a secular country implying that decisions made should be devoid of religious sentiments. MURIC should stop whining around.

So CAN should have kept quiet when Kaduna state kept students in school during Easter last year?

Secularism does not mean that Christian rights transcend Muslim rights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Otsam(m): 11:33am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

Yes I am aware of that, however, in order not to cause offence...either pretended, genuine, for political effect or out of joblessness, or whatever...WAEC better PLAN better.

The problem with Nigeria is that everybody and his mother considers himself or herself a victim. Hence the need for careful planning to accommodate everyone.

That is a mark of true leadership.

Not too long ago,CAN complained when secondary school timetables for Kaduna state meant that students would be in school during Easter. That to me is not an indication of Muslim persecution of Chrstians, or of Christians crying too much...but of poor planning.

Nigeria has suffered too much because people are always too scared.

I buy your idea because it’s obvious you are not interested in either of them.but the fact remains,it is time our government cut the excesses of religious fanaticism in this country. It has been a major setback for development. The politicians are hiding under religious leaders to wreck the country, violence arises through them, even they want appointments to be religiously shared instead of purposely. Not until they caution things like this,the country will keep experiencing setbacks.humanity,reality should come before religion.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by lenghtinny(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
What kind of rubbish comment is this? So if Christians don't care about their religion, Muslims should do the same? You think we're in a competition with you? Muslim families have been divided for more than 50 years on Friday whereas you people attend Sunday worship with your families yet you're criticizing Muslims for speaking out against an exam that stumps on their right? You people are bigots, and it's high time Muslims wake up especially Yoruba Muslims, this is getting too much! angry

And who told you I'm a Christian angry....

The religion wey all of una dey carry for head in Naija, how has it made it a better place for humans...

If all you care about is attending religious gathering with your family, then withdraw your wards from school and be residing in mosques now....

It's even more annoying that you are a Yoruba man... Divisive people like Akintola should be expelled from Yorubaland and send to borno to join his comrades in arms.... But here you are calling on Yoruba Muslims to rise up against their families because of some religions from Saudi Arabia and Israel angry

An average Yoruba family has both Muslims and Christians.... I have both Christians and Muslims in my family even though I'm indifferent to both... Should I start acting untowards to them because we don't share the same faith

I'd advise you to relocate to borno or Kano, that's where toxic and intolerant people like you resides
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by IMAliyu(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2019
This MURIC is one useless organization. Muslims don't need your overreactions to defend or represent them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 26, 2019
BolaAdeyemo:
When we(Sane Nigerians) complain about the Islamic writings and emblems on the Naira note and in the Nigerian Army badge our Christian brother start to defend them
the thing is that Muslims won't take it if it was the other way round,I am having this feeling that soon Nigeria would be islamized
I had a foreign who thought Nigeria is a Islamic country,we argued for close to an hour

It is @ bolded. Nigeria is a member of Islamic organisation or whatever they call it.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by kenyguy(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2019
"Brother MURIC shout finish e no show face for court" Falz. No be me talk am!
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by gmaribel(m): 11:44am On Mar 26, 2019
Guyman02:
One shocking reality is that a northerner will never stand behind a Yoruba Muslim Imam during prayers in the Mosque as they don't have regards for the likes of Prof Akintola

One Igala Muslim an Engineer and also an Islamic scholar told me exactly the same thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Schools / 13 Pictures DELSU Students/Alumni Can Relate With! / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.