Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,158 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats (20390 Views)

WAEC Timetable Is Anti-muslim - MURIC Cries Out / MURIC Reacts As WAEC Fixes Examinations For Friday Prayer Time / Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by namiji2598: 11:48am On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

The problem is, WAEC has set an exam at a time when Muslims would be in the mosque.

If WAEC st exam on Sundays...would you be saying the same thing about CAN?

Islamic fundamentalist behaviour has hurt a lot of Christians, but this is not the issue here.
the only day been recognized as a Islamic hour is Friday 1_3 o'clock
which time come be Islamic hours again
Muslims that prays five times a day
okay what if Christians should also put into consideration the hours used by Christians to pray, their weekly prayers, of which every church have it own hours for weekly activities in churches

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by theoldpretender(m): 11:49am On Mar 26, 2019
namiji2598:

the only day been recognized as a Islamic hour is Friday 1_3 o'clock
which time come be Islamic hours again
Muslims that prays five times a day
okay what if Christians should also put into consideration the hours used by Christians to pray, their weekly prayers, of which every church have it own hours for weekly activities in churches

The issue is not Muslim vs Christian..the issue is planning.

Poor planing has been the bane of this country.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 11:50am On Mar 26, 2019
Trulie:

I wrote one of my final year degree paper on a Sunday morning and heaven didn't come down. Nigeria is a secular country implying that decisions made should be devoid of religious sentiments. MURIC should stop whining around.

U wrote an exam on a Sunday because u are too weak to challenge d status quo. People like u won't make a good leader in d future. Too gullible, as u accept any victimization that comes ur way. U wrote an exam on Sunday and u are very proud to use dat as an example to counter MURIC's statement about poor planning of WAEC.
Many of u just saw d word Muric and started blabbing without looking into d situation objectively. Objectivity is d beauty of law, lawyers look into matters more critically than a mere civilian. Learn to tolerate others. Things like this won't happen in US and other developed countries. Developed countries have proper plannings and they accommodate every religion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by GrayBeard: 11:54am On Mar 26, 2019
Lukgaf:
For, WAEC Official Threatens MURIC Director With Disappearance In Leaked Audio, see:

https://www.nairaland.com/5097287/waec-official-threatens-muric-director

I dont know why a anyone would make such a threat (if it is true that such a threat twas made) and certainly such should both be condemned and investigated. I also hope he has not been quoted out of context.

I am still not clear how will an exam body fix exam for Jumat service period

It will be ridiculous in the extreme to ask a secular examination body to take into consideration hours of worship during the daytime on a weekday, in terms of scheduling its examinations. Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state sir.

and still not clear why should Muslim must go to court before their daughters are allowed to use Hijab in schools when we are in Democratic settings (a non-hypocrite mind will ask the same question too). The most annoying thing is the nonobjective contributions of some Nairalander here (many who have travelled to a developed country with strictly less Muslim population).

Please don't be absurd. Why should anyone violate a school uniform on religious grounds?
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by celeiyke: 11:58am On Mar 26, 2019
Stupid organization
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

Don't mind them.... Everything is always competition to all theses people that religious bigotry has taken half of their cerebrum....

It's always Christianity vs Islam and not common sense angry

My bro I tire o. Seriously, I have not seen these fanatism in S/West before this Muric matter, before he turns brothers against each other.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Angel223: 12:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
cool
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by namiji2598: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

The issue is not Muslim vs Christian..the issue is planning.

Poor planing has been the bane of this country.
when Boko haram uses Arabic terms and hijab to bumb, they will say nothing but when is something so simple they take it for head

MUMUric abeg park well for side
na una be Nigerian problem
let the country be divided into two self Muslims vs christians
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
If there's one person I hate in this world, it should be a religious fanatic and bigot.... both can kill

is peace too hard to get in Nigeria?? let everyone do his or her own abeg, none should trample on the other 's right
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by SmartMen: 12:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lukgaf:
For, WAEC Official Threatens MURIC Director With Disappearance In Leaked Audio, see:

I am still not clear how will an exam body fix exam for Jumat service period and still not clear why should Muslim must go to court before their daughters are allowed to use Hijab in schools when we are in Democratic settings (a non-hypocrite mind will ask the same question too). The most annoying thing is the nonobjective contributions of some Nairalander here (many who have travelled to a developed country with strictly less Muslim population).

Please let's tolerate each other. This and many other problem is why Nigeria is not moving forward. May God assist us all

Bros, how about you call for the dissolution of this country let's go our separate ways? Please, i take God beg una, make una divide the country make we all get peace. Thank you.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by SmartMen: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
GrayBeard:

I dont know why a anyone would make such a threat (if it is true that such a threat twas made) and certainly such should both be condemned and investigated. I also hope he has not been quoted out of context.

It will be ridiculous in the extreme to ask a secular examination body to take into consideration hours of worship during the daytime on a weekday, in terms of scheduling its examinations. Nigeria is supposed to be a secular state sir.

Please don't be absurd. Why should anyone violate a school uniform on religious grounds?
The threat is hoax. I was one that thread and sane mind will easily decipher the game. They mentioned the name of the professor but claimed the reporter prefers to remain anonymous while the source is one rubbish free website from google, not even punch, vanguard, sunnews or sahara.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Efewestern: 12:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lukgaf:

I am still not clear how will an exam body fix exam for Jumat service period and still not clear why should Muslim must go to court before their daughters are allowed to use Hijab in schools when we are in Democratic settings (a non-hypocrite mind will ask the same question too). The most annoying thing is the nonobjective contributions of some Nairalander here (many who have travelled to a developed country with strictly less Muslim population).

Please let's tolerate each other. This and many other problem is why Nigeria is not moving forward. May God assist us all

Trash.

MURIC is a terrorist organization, their level of bigotry is alarming, I wonder why the government hasn't done something about these mad people.

All they preach about is hate and hate, never will you see this MURIC advising Muslims to love non Muslims, or preaching love, all they are known for is bigotry, hate, confusion etc

Spit.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Kusetic(m): 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:
A big problem in Nigeria is the issue of religious intolerance.

MURIC should remember that many Muslims have been attacking Chrsitians for years, and nothing was done...and the fact that CAN fights for Christian rights is borne out of bitter experiences.

However, at the same time, the religous rights of Muslim students should and must be respected. Secularisim does not mean that Chrstian rights must be respected above Muslim rights, or that Muslims must be forced to disobey the dictates of their religion. Muslims must not be forced to remove their hijabs, nor Christians must be forced to wear hijab. Exam bodies must learn to accomodate religious days....and must do so in advance.

The real problem is poor planing on the part of WAEC. WAEC , like many Nigerian organisations, does not plan well ahead of time. And they do not learn to make accomodations. Had this been the USA...there would have been accomodations made for religious students, and non religious students.

If we must live in peace in this country...we must be willing to be tolerant. Not selectively....but on a case by case basis. Thank you. I defend no religion.

WAEC is not a Nigerian organization, it is a west African organization. While it is a standard exam, it doesn't fall under the purview of the government in its decision-making. It's pretty much like telling ICAN to shift its exam dates because you have to pray at a particular time. It can be suggested but it should be understood that it will affect the structure of the exam itself extending time limits and finances. Trying to make it a religious matter is very silly in my opinion and in the USA that you mentioned, religion is barred in public school system so as to avoid this sort of things.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Saheed9: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
Guyman02:
One shocking reality is that a northerner will never stand behind a Yoruba Muslim Imam during prayers in the Mosque as they don't have regards for the likes of Prof Akintola
why do you ppl say all these things. So baseless, I've prayed in several hausa dominated areas with them joining us
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by theoldpretender(m): 12:16pm On Mar 26, 2019
Kusetic:

WAEC is not a Nigerian organization, it is a west African organization. While it is a standard exam, it doesn't fall under the purview of the government in its decision-making. It's pretty much like telling ICAN to shift its exam dates because you have to pray at a particular time. It can be suggested but it should be understood that it will affect the structure of the exam itself extending time limits and finances. Trying to make it a religious matter is very silly in my opinion and in the USA that you mentioned, religion is barred in public school system so as to avoid this sort of things.

WAEC is a West african organisation, but they can still accommodate religions because most people in their member organizations are either Chrstian or Muslim

Personally, I don't mind when WAEC conducts its exams...the problem is, there are far too many agitators on both sides who profit from bad policy decisions.

Good planing means being fair to all. As one of the Rotary group's 4 way tests puts it...IS it fair to all?
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Kusetic(m): 12:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:

WAEC is a West african organisation, but they can still accommodate religions because most people in their member organizations are either Chrstian or Muslim

Personally, I don't mind when WAEC conducts its exams...the problem is, there are far too many agitators on both sides who profit from bad policy decisions.

Good planing means being fair to all. As one of the Rotary group's 4 way tests puts it...IS it fair to all?

Exactly is it fair to all? Does reducing the time for the exams on a religious request seem fair? It affects everyone else adversely. The timetable will probably be shortened reducing preparation time for papers and in a case where it is extended, it affects preparations for NECO. How is that fair to everyone? Religious belief is personal and should remain so.

2 Likes

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by ofemken: 12:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
theoldpretender:
A big problem in Nigeria is the issue of religious intolerance.

MURIC should remember that many Muslims have been attacking Chrsitians for years, and nothing was done...and the fact that CAN fights for Christian rights is borne out of bitter experiences.

However, at the same time, the religous rights of Muslim students should and must be respected. Secularisim does not mean that Chrstian rights must be respected above Muslim rights, or that Muslims must be forced to disobey the dictates of their religion. Muslims must not be forced to remove their hijabs, nor Christians must be forced to wear hijab. Exam bodies must learn to accomodate religious days....and must do so in advance.

The real problem is poor planing on the part of WAEC. WAEC , like many Nigerian organisations, does not plan well ahead of time. And they do not learn to make accomodations. Had this been the USA...there would have been accomodations made for religious students, and non religious students.

If we must live in peace in this country...we must be willing to be tolerant. Not selectively....but on a case by case basis. Thank you. I defend no religion.
we are not compatible with those Muslim fanatics. let them have a country of their own and stop disturbing our peace .
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by malvisguy212: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
Odingo1:
They should just have Arewa repulic and practice their Islam like Saudi Arabia without hindrance, everytime they are just looking for trouble. Yoruba muslim man trying to please the north and northern muslims dont regard him as a true muslim. What a shame
there is one mosques in kawo, Kaduna state near NDA barrack, a Yoruba and Hausa man started it, later the Hausa man leave the Area leaving the Yoruba man, the rest of the Hausa Muslims forbid the Yoruba man to lead prayer, that how they conspired to drive him

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by qanda: 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
That muric man is the biggest fool and an illierate,fool,madman and an Arabian slave .
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

And who told you I'm a Christian angry....

The religion wey all of una dey carry for head in Naija, how has it made it a better place for humans...

If all you care about is attending religious gathering with your family, then withdraw your wards from school and be residing in mosques now....

It's even more annoying that you are a Yoruba man... Divisive people like Akintola should be expelled from Yorubaland and send to borno to join his comrades in arms.... But here you are calling on Yoruba Muslims to rise up against their families because of some religions from Saudi Arabia and Israel angry

An average Yoruba family has both Muslims and Christians.... I have both Christians and Muslims in my family even though I'm indifferent to both... Should I start acting untowards to them because we don't share the same faith

I'd advise you to relocate to borno or Kano, that's where toxic and intolerant people like you resides
I'm not intolerant, you can be whatever religion you want no one gives a fuccck. Asking for our rights to be respected doesn't tantamount we support Boko haram, as usual instead of you to be logical you resort to ad hominem. Ever since the establishment of Nigeria, Nigerian Muslims have had their free day turned to work day and Christians having Saturday and Sunday. We didn't complain, but your people then went ahead to set examinations on day and time were the students ought to be in the mosques. I mean, what kind of oppression is that?

You can go through my posts, I don't always support MURIC as the guy says rubbish most times. Example is the last one they said Buhari should consider Yoruba Muslims in his cabinet, I consider it rubbish. But in this case with WAEC, I'm with them, it's our right. And for my relocation, I'm in Yorubaland, come and beat me undecided

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
Kusetic:

It conforms with rules and regulations of the country, this is why WAEC or ICAN don't set exams on SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS because they know it's an holiday and worship day in WEST AFRICA. Stop all this double standards, stop implying what doesn't exist!

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by bigfish3k: 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
clarocuzioo:
Prof. Akintola, please kindly push for an Islamic country to be carved from Nigeria where the Sharia Law, and Islamic principles will be fully Implemented without any disturbance from anybody, we will gladly support you.

It's very Ironical that these people shouting Islam in Nigeria will only go to Saudi Arabia for Hajji, but will choose countries like America for tourism because they actually enjoy the freedom there.

the funniest thing is that the MUSLIMS that dont like christian things and doctrines dont like to stay on their own or in a country of their own.
they will always want to stay around the christians to look for what to criticize
they are always behaving like "people wey dem send"

form ur own country and practice ur religion according to the dictates of ur religion and stop disturbing us. is that too much to ask?

christian doctrines have grown the world to where it is today. christian countries in europe are ok and everybody wants to go there. are those not the doctrines that we should emulate?
why do u want to impose afghanistan, iraq, iran and saudi doctrines on us. give us good reasons please
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by bigfish3k: 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
I'm not intolerant, you can be whatever religion you want no one gives a fuccck. Asking for our rights to be respected doesn't tantamount we support Boko haram, as usual instead of you to be logical you resort to ad hominem. Ever since the establishment of Nigeria, Nigerian Muslims have had their free day turned to work day and Christians having Saturday and Sunday. We didn't complain, but your people then went ahead to set examinations on day and time were the students ought to be in the mosques. I mean, what kind of oppression is that?

You can go through my posts, I don't always support MURIC as the guy says rubbish most times. Example is the last one they said Buhari should consider Yoruba Muslims in his cabinet, I consider it rubbish. But in this case with WAEC, I'm with them, it's our right. And for my relocation, I'm in Yorubaland, come and beat me undecided

forming ur own islamic country is the solution to ur problems. so that friday can be ur work free day
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Kusetic(m): 1:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
It conforms with rules and regulations of the country, this is why WAEC or ICAN don't set exams on SATURDAYS and SUNDAYS because they know it's an holiday and worship day in WEST AFRICA. Stop all this double standards, stop implying what doesn't exist!

And when did the Federal Government of Nigeria declare Friday as a non working day. It's not double standards, if muric wants the timetable reviewed it should take waec to court or start it's own internationally recognized Olevel exams. Spewing hate and religious bigotry won't get them anywhere. They are like children who want attention and think throwing mucus and spittle everywhere will get it for them.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by CrtlAltDel: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2019
Guyman02:
One shocking reality is that a northerner will never stand behind a Yoruba Muslim Imam during prayers in the Mosque as they don't have regards for the likes of Prof Akintola
The shocking reality is you are getting dumber and dumber by the day by your dumb comments
Try stick to topic when you comment
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:32pm On Mar 26, 2019
Guyman02:
Continue to decieve ursef
I pray in a mosque dominated by hausas, a yoruba is the immam
Infact, hausa guys in the mosque re the ones supporting the yoruva guy as the imam

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
christians are just intolerant
They cannot overlook an hijabian sister
We shall coninue to puton our hijab to spite intolernt christians

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by lenghtinny(m): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:

You are not intolerant but you are asking Yoruba Muslims to stand up and do what?

A Yoruba man is first a Yoruba before being a Christian or Muslim.... Religious fanatism and extremism isn't welcomed in Yorubaland. You and muric can migrate to the north where such nonsense thrives...

What's the business of Christians with WAEC timetable, that you guys are trying to rope them into the matter.... Was it the Christians that made Friday a working day and Sunday a work free day....

Why not take your grievances to the national assembly to compel them to make Friday a work free so that you can have a swell time in your mosques every Friday...

Do you realize that WAEC exams are meant for the entire west African nations. Why are you sounding like it's some kind of religious coup against Nigerian Muslims by CAN

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Firebomber: 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

U wrote an exam on a Sunday because u are too weak to challenge d status quo. People like u won't make a good leader in d future. Too gullible, as u accept any victimization that comes ur way. U wrote an exam on Sunday and u are very proud to use dat as an example to counter MURIC's statement about poor planning of WAEC.
Many of u just saw d word Muric and started blabbing without looking into d situation objectively. Objectivity is d beauty of law, lawyers look into matters more critically than a mere civilian. Learn to tolerate others. Things like this won't happen in US and other developed countries. Developed countries have proper plannings and they accommodate every religion.

Lol, I just notice that all the countries you are making reference to are not Islamic countries or don't Islamic countries accommodate other religions?

Bros stop talking trash here, you people are been consider in every aspect of Nigeria government factor yet you want more.

And to that idiot mumuric, so he can make noise when a reverend is use as head of waec but shut up when that an Islamic bigot is use as head of jamb.

Fact is that it not the Friday exam that's paining your useless mumuric but the fact that the person in charge of WAEC is a Christian. Lol, I understand una pain. Last I check last year jamb was written even on Friday but you bigot didn't have anything to say about it. Keep trolling.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Firebomber: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

You are not intolerant but you are asking Yoruba Muslims to stand up and do what?

A Yoruba man is first a Yoruba before being a Christian or Muslim.... Religious fanatism and extremism isn't welcomed in Yorubaland. You and muric can migrate to the north where such nonsense thrives...

What's the business of Christians with WAEC timetable, that you guys are trying to rope them into the matter.... Was it the Christians that made Friday a working day and Sunday a work free day....

Why not take your grievances to the national assembly to compel them to make Friday a work free so that you can have a swell time in your mosques every Friday...

Do you realize that WAEC exams are meant for the entire west African nations. Why are you sounding like it's some kind of religious coup against Nigerian Muslims by CAN

don't mind those useless headslammer. Imagine they see nothing wrong in writing jamb exam on Friday because it one of there religious bigot that's the head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Schools / 13 Pictures DELSU Students/Alumni Can Relate With! / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.