Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats (20388 Views)

WAEC Timetable Is Anti-muslim - MURIC Cries Out / MURIC Reacts As WAEC Fixes Examinations For Friday Prayer Time / Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Bonapart(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
Lukgaf:
‘You must explain your violent threats to the authorities’

Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has reacted to the Deputy Registrar of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC), Reverend (Dr) Henry Osidehinde’s disappearance threat against its director, Prof Ishaq Akintola, saying the Reverend father should be ready to explain his violent threats to the authorities.

Muslim News had earlier published Reverend Henry’s 1 minute, 3 second threat audio clip, which he made last week during a WAEC seminar for teachers held at the examination body’s International Office, Agidingbi, Ikeja, Lagos, Southwest Nigeria.

In a press statement jointly signed by MURIC’s General Secretary, Alhaji Yakeen Williams and its Public Relations Officer, Mr Shafiu Ayorinde on Monday, March 25, the Muslim rights body expressed shock at what it described as a “nauseating” and “careless” threat from a Reverend father, a supposed man of God.

MURIC – a non-violent, non-governmental organisation defending the rights of Muslims – called on the Inspector General of Police, Muhammed Adamu to swiftly launch a full investigation into the incident.

The group also sought protection for its Director and members of his family.

Read the excerpts from the press release below:

MURIC expressed shock at the threat issued by the WAEC official. Continuing, the human rights organization said, “This is nauseating. A Christian reverend holding a high post in such a sensitive institution nurses such pernicious ideas against a fellow human being? Where is his Christlikeness? It is sad that there are many like him in the civil service.

“This Muslim-hater forgot that we are in an IT world. Things have changed. Hardly can you say anything nowadays and get away with it. There are records everywhere today. Even walls now have ears. We are waiting for him to deny it. We have the audio clip. Just let him try to deny it.

“We cannot take Mr. Osidehinde’s threat against our Director lightly. It is outrageous. How can a whole deputy registrar in WAEC office talk like that? He has simply proved that he is a Christian fanatic. How can you wish a fellow Nigerian should disappear permanently? He must explain all these to the authorities.

“The deputy registrar complained that Akintola was threatening an institution (i.e. WAEC) that belongs to the government. But we will like to ask the reverend/deputy registrar if it is right to use an institution that belongs to government to persecute Muslims.

“Or is it WAEC that sent him on this criminal errand? Does WAEC wish Akintola dead? Does the examination body want our Director to disappear? It had better not happen. But did WAEC authorize its Christian officials to use their positions to vilify Muslims and wish them kidnapped or killed? Did WAEC ask its officials to use an institution that belongs to government to persecute Muslims?

“It is abundantly clear from the above transcript that Reverend Osidehinde is filled with ill-will for Professor Akintola. He has evil desires. He wants Akintola to disappear. What we are not sure of is the extent to which he can go. That is what the security agencies should find out from him. Does the government have a special squad that makes people disappear? Will he arrange to kidnap Akintola if government fails to make him disappear? Will he organize an assassination?”

MURIC also called on the Inspector General of Police, Muhammed Adamu, to launch a full investigation into the incident. The group also sought protection for its Director and members of his family.

“Reverend Osidehinde wants to cause crisis in this country by carelessly issuing threat against a public figure. We call on the security agencies to launch full investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident. We also ask for protection for our Director, Professor Ishaq Akintola. Nobody should be allowed to play God in the lives of his fellowmen.

“We remind the Inspector General of Police that our Director is a public figure and a notable Muslim leader. Threat to the life of such a person should not be ignored. We are certain that the security agencies know what we are talking about”.

The Islamic human rights organization explained why it intervened in the school incident.

“Helpless parents whose children were being forced to remove their hijab in Iba Estate Senior Secondary School called us to help. They also came with us. It is a public school, not a private property. It belongs to all of us. Therefore nobody has the right to use such property for the persecution of Muslim children. It is called a school, not a prison yard for crying out loud. In any case the Lagos State Government declared that hijab is legitimate and that female Muslim students have the right to use it.

“Surprisingly, overzealous and fanatical school principals and teachers refused to obey the state government’s directive. They ordered the children to remove their hijab when they were about to take pictures for the registration of WAEC. That was Draconian. It was an illegal order and the parents kicked.

“Recalcitrant principals and teachers who continue to disobey Lagos government’s directive on hijab should know that those who disallow what the state government allows make it impossible for Muslim students not to disobey. The teachers disobeyed the state government and the parents told their children to disobey the teachers. Muslim children are being persecuted by fanatical Christian principals and teachers under the guise of performing official functions.

“MURIC merely went in to ensure that government’s directive was carried out. We went there to ensure that fanatical teachers are not allowed to sabotage government’s policy. In any case, was it WAEC that gave instructions that female Muslim students should remove their hijab as claimed by those who came to register the students?

“Did WAEC also issue the same instruction to schools in Northern Nigeria? The school’s action was illegal. You cannot build anything on nullity. The school principal or his reverend/deputy registrar friend in WAEC may want to go to court for the action taken by MURIC. We are waiting.

MURIC denied the claim made by Osidehinde in the audio that Akintola or MURIC threatened WAEC.

“It is a big lie. Neither Akintola as an individual nor MURIC has ever threatened any individual or institution. It is not in our character. We challenge the reverend/deputy registrar to provide his evidence for Nigerians to see.

The problem we have in Nigeria today is that fanatics like Reverend Osidehinde become carried away by their religious zeal so much so that they allow it to becloud their objectivity. They use their public office to persecute people of other faith. Meanwhile they see Akintola and MURIC as a threat to their illegal exploit. That is simply what has happened. That is why our reverend wants Akintola guillotined.

MURIC wondered how WAEC has been condoning excesses committed against Muslims. It also requested WAEC to investigate the matter internally and take necessary action afterwards.

“We are wondering what is happening in WAEC and we are asking if Muslims are safe in the hands of this regional examination body. Why is Islamophobia so deeply entrenched in WAEC? A WAEC official yanked off the hijab from a female Muslim candidate’s head right inside the examination hall some years back. We reported the case but what did WAEC do?

“What is WAEC going to do with this case of threat to life coming from a top management staff, an officer of the rank of deputy registrar? Why was he so flippant, so careless? Was the seminar about MURIC’s activities or about Akintola? If it is not so, why the dangerous digression? Has Deputy Registrar Osidehinde behaved professionally? When did beer parlour gossip become WAEC’s business? Or does his threat represent WAEC’s official position? If so, is WAEC just going to sit back, pat him on the back and give him double promotion? Nigerians are watching.

“On our part, we demand that WAEC commences investigation into the threat to the life of our Director with immediate effect. The fact that the threat was made in the course of carrying out an official duty makes it mandatory for the examination body to take disciplinary action against its erring staff. Osidehinde personalized issues and allowed his hatred for Muslims to override official discipline. WAEC needs to clear its good name.

“At this juncture, we are compelled to ask what Osidehinde and his cohorts want. They are now after the life of a man who devoted his entire life to peaceful persuasion. This is a man who boldly condemned Boko Haram and constantly urges Muslims to eschew extremism and remain law-abiding. By seeking to kill him or make him disappear, it means they will not be satisfied until he keeps quiet and allows them to do whatever they like with Nigerian Muslims.

“They are not happy with him because he stands between them and their desire to silence Muslims permanently, to persecute them and finally to eliminate Islam completely from the entire country. As the founder of MURIC, Akintola has modelled his organization on pacific activism, non-violence and dialogue and has never been involved in any violent incident.

“Nonetheless, our Director is known for outstanding courage on account of which he was recently turbaned as the Kinniun Adinni (Lion of Scholars). The courage which he exhibits in fighting against the oppression of Muslims should not be misinterpreted as lawlessness or religious extremism. We reject such blackmail. Akintola is merely fighting for justice, fairness and equity and he uses intellectual and peaceful methods, not violence.

“In a nutshell, we condemn this threat against our Director. We charge the IG to take necessary steps capable of ensuring Professor Akintola’s safety. We call on WAEC to immediately institute investigations into the matter”.

https://muslimnews.com.ng/2019/03/25/muric-reacts-to-waecs-disappear-without-trace-threats/?fbclid=IwAR1ewpZzGBFRUD8b4QADaf-HmId85AumjMAnOjqeceAojSZC3So8XJxFKbI

akintola. You don't deserve to breathe

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 2:00pm On Mar 26, 2019
Firebomber:

Lol, I just notice that all the countries you are making reference to are not Islamic countries or don't Islamic countries accommodate other religions?

Bros stop talking trash here, you people are been consider in every aspect of Nigeria government factor yet you want more.

And to that idiot mumuric, so he can make noise when a reverend is use as head of waec but shut up when that an Islamic bigot is use as head of jamb.

Fact is that it not the Friday exam that's paining your useless mumuric but the fact that the person in charge of WAEC is a Christian. Lol, I understand una pain. Last I check last year jamb was written even on Friday but you bigot didn't have anything to say about it. Keep trolling.

Are u a degree holder? If yes, go through what u have written all over again and see if u have passed any meaningful information. U are contradicting yourself. Y can't u open ur eyes and objectively see what is wrong? U will were now bringing a baseless scenario to support ur argument.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by GrayBeard: 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
I'm not intolerant, you can be whatever religion you want no one gives a fuccck. Asking for our rights to be respected doesn't tantamount we support Boko haram, as usual instead of you to be logical you resort to ad hominem. Ever since the establishment of Nigeria, Nigerian Muslims have had their free day turned to work day and Christians having Saturday and Sunday. We didn't complain, but your people then went ahead to set examinations on day and time were the students ought to be in the mosques. I mean, what kind of oppression is that?

You can go through my posts, I don't always support MURIC as the guy says rubbish most times. Example is the last one they said Buhari should consider Yoruba Muslims in his cabinet, I consider it rubbish. But in this case with WAEC, I'm with them, it's our right. And for my relocation, I'm in Yorubaland, come and beat me undecided

You are either a lunatic or your drunk kind sir.

1. Since when is a secular country required to plan secular activities around religious days or hours of worship?
2. Since when have Saturdays and Sundays been for Christians as you say?
3. Why should an examination authority change its schedule on a working week day on account of the worship hour for a particular religion?

4. When those same students graduate and gain employment, would you ask their employers to cancel work on Fridays at the hour of worship? ? ?

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Firebomber: 2:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Are u a degree holder? If yes, go through what u have written all over again and see if u have passed any meaningful information. U are contradicting yourself. Y can't u open ur eyes and objectively see what is wrong? U will were now bringing a baseless scenario to support ur argument.

Is like you are sick in the brian, how does having a degree take relate to the issue above. You should have told us that jamb don't write exam on Friday, then I will know that you are not an educated illiterate.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2019
Firebomber:

Is like you are sick in the brian, how does having a degree take relate to the issue above. You should have told us that jamb don't write exam on Friday, then I will know that you are not an educated illiterate.

See an educated illiterate. Jamb scheduled their CBT on Friday, it starts by 8am and ends by 12:30.

Last year, when WAEC released their time table, it was discovered that they fixed a paper btwn 1pm and 3pm when Muslims will b observing Jumat service. The Muslim community called their attention to it and they adjusted it and apologized. I don't know what went wrong this year again repeating their poor planning.

I will advise u to always be objective in ur opinions, don't allow sentiment to becloud ur thinking.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by TheStrongest: 2:28pm On Mar 26, 2019
Jessyjack:
God!!! they should just divide this country and give me my share lemme go..... what kind of people are these... This group will take over from herdsmen very soon.....
Let us go together
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
GrayBeard:

1. Since when is a secular country required to plan secular activities around religious days or hours of worship?
3. Why should an examination authority change its schedule on a working week day on account of the worship hour for a particular religion?

4. When those same students graduate and gain employment, would you ask their employers to cancel work on Fridays at the hour of worship? ? ?

See an educated fool. You must be sick as well for being bias in ur opinion.
Last year, when WAEC released their time table, it was discovered that they fixed a paper btwn 1pm and 3pm when Muslims will b observing Jumat service. The Muslim community called their attention to it and they adjusted it and apologized. I don't know what went wrong this year again repeating their poor planning.

More so, in a government settings (schools, ministry, LGA, and so on) it is constitutional for every Nigerian Muslim to go for prayer. It is called fundamental human right. If u are working in a private sector, then u are on ur own, no constitution binds that.

I will advise u to always be objective in ur opinions, don't allow sentiment to becloud ur thinking.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 2:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
GrayBeard:

See an educated fool. You must be sick as well for being bias in ur opinion.

More so, in a government settings (schools, ministry, LGA, and so on) it is constitutional for every Nigerian Muslim to go for prayer. It is called fundamental human right. If u are working in a private sector, then u are on ur own, no constitution binds that.

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by lenghtinny(m): 2:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
Firebomber:

don't mind those useless headslammer. Imagine they see nothing wrong in writing jamb exam on Friday because it one of there religious bigot that's the head.
People who dey carry religion for head are mostly hypocrites.....

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by daroz(m): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2019
clarocuzioo:
Prof. Akintola, please kindly push for an Islamic country to be carved from Nigeria where the Sharia Law, and Islamic principles will be fully Implemented without any disturbance from anybody, we will gladly support you.

It's very Ironical that these people shouting Islam in Nigeria will only go to Saudi Arabia for Hajji, but will choose countries like America for tourism because they actually enjoy the freedom there.
Exactly my thought
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 3:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

See an educated illiterate. Jamb scheduled their CBT on Friday, it starts by 8am and ends by 12:30.

You are writing rubbish

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by Siralgebra04(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2019
olas24u:

You are writing rubbish

I know ur brain can't absorb any analysis. Even if a message for an offer is sent to u, u will still see it as rubbish. U definitely have a defect in ur brain.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

I know ur brain can't absorb any analysis. Even if a message for an offer is sent to u, u will still see it as rubbish. U definitely have a defect in ur brain.
You an idiot for supporting fellow stupid people like yourself.oloshi
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 4:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Religion and education again.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property (Landed property or to buy a house.apartment) for acquisition or as a form of Investment That Guarantee High Return? Check our signature below on how to get on PROMO affordable titled lands & properties in good location with Rest of mind. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment.

You may want to partake in the available promos. Visit our Ikeja Office @ 3/9 Olu Koleosho Street (Off Medical Road) or OUR ISLAND OFFICE @Kilometer 38, LEKKI-EPE EXPRESSWAY By Mayfair (AWOYAYA). Call +2348027390046.

Click the WhatsApp link to reach out to us. Or if you want to know how you can be a part of the business part of Real Estate/Property Business... Join this link together erasing every space and click to chat us ht tp s: / / bit. ly/2ASCSgC

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 4:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Can you not see that muric is a stupid organization with an idiot Prof of Islamic studies.you are a fool for writing does rubbish supporting an organization dividing the people and engaging in stupid propaganda.Arab slaves
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

With your level of exposure and education ,you are writing thrash to support those idiots .Is this an Islamic republic ?for how long do you want to divide people?what about idol worshippers,did they put them in does calculations.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 4:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
Siralgebra04:

Religion is meant to be peaceful,but you people taken yours to disorganize society with utterances to make sure people remain divided.weere people.Arab slave
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by GANAYAD: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2019
Na religion go later cause war for Nigeria
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 9:17pm On Mar 26, 2019
GrayBeard:

You're inherently stupid for this statement.

Since when is a secular country required thump upon the rights of it's citizens despite granting them freedom of worship which is clearly spelt out in the constitution? The problem with dummies like you is that, you think secularism is an authoritarian system where rights aren't respected. In a democracy which is accompanied by secularism and liberalism, all religions are respected. Stop displaying ignorance!

2. Since when have Saturdays and Sundays been for Christians as you say?[/

Saturday was a half day during the colonial era and Sunday was the only full day at the weekend. However, Saturday was made a full day to favour the Seventh Day Adventists, during the regime Yakubu Gowon while Friday remained a half-day. Now Muslims aren't complaining, but why still thump on that by setting an exam by the time they're to be the mosque? Asin, this doesn't even happen in the west we claim to emulate.

You see why I said you're stupid, you won't be saying this if the exams was set on Sunday, hypocrite. Why should they set exam on that day? What kind of rubbish is that? Is it because we've been swallowing your oppressions for years? This cannot continue I assure you!

[/quote]

Dummy, all work places in Nigeria reserve the 12pm-2pm for Muslim worshippers. Don't be foooolish!
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 9:35pm On Mar 26, 2019
lenghtinny:

You are not intolerant but you are asking Yoruba Muslims to stand up and do what?

So me saying Yoruba Muslims to challenge the status quo repressing them is tantamount to promoting violence? Are you kidding me? Muslims in the Yorubaland are very peaceful, they've been Clamoring for Shariah for more than 50 years and they went to court unlike the north that used violence leading to destruction of lives and properties. Whenever there's a judgement not favoring them, they still proceed to the court. Muslim leaders lik MKO Abiola used peaceful means to promote for shariah amongst Muslims in Yorubaland using his newspaper (Concord). The hijab issue, Muslims still ended up in the courts. The land grabbing by Redeem in Ede ( a Muslim town) is in court, despite the church using its power and Muslims lose, they still use the courts. This is what I preach and not violence, but people like you cannot see beyond your nose!

A Yoruba man is first a Yoruba before being a Christian or Muslim.... Religious fanatism and extremism isn't welcomed in Yorubaland. You and muric can migrate to the north where such nonsense thrives...

Please Shut tha heck up, whenever we request for things that affect we and we alone, you people feel threatened? Why is that? If you're indeed our brothers, why can't you support us on this issue? Don't attack the messenger, I myself I don't support muric on many issue but they're right on this one. We want Hijab for our women, you complain, is it your head? We want shariah for ourselves, you still complain. WAEC set an exam on Friday during prayer times, instead of you support us as you claim we're one, you still abuse and cuss us. What kind of bigotry is that? I can't be one with hypocrites!

What's the business of Christians with WAEC timetable, that you guys are trying to rope them into the matter.... Was it the Christians that made Friday a working day and Sunday a work free day....

Nobody is roping you into this matter, if I can remember clearly, you were the one that burst end open the thread and started criticizing Muslims without even reading its full details. And yes, it was Christians that made it so, the colonialists and successive military administrators.

Why not take your grievances to the national assembly to compel them to make Friday a work free so that you can have a swell time in your mosques every Friday...

We're considerate, no country in the world can survive 3 weekends. A country like Nigeria would lose billions if we were to trend that path, all we're asking is for you guys to respect the time allotted for the prayers and I'm sure that isn't new to you?

Do you realize that WAEC exams are meant for the entire west African nations. Why are you sounding like it's some kind of religious coup against Nigerian Muslims by CAN

Who mentioned CAN? West Africa is populated by more than 100 million Muslims and they have rights which is to be respected.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
bigfish3k:

the funniest thing is that the MUSLIMS that dont like christian things and doctrines dont like to stay on their own or in a country of their own.
they will always want to stay around the christians to look for what to criticize
they are always behaving like "people wey dem send"

form ur own country and practice ur religion according to the dictates of ur religion and stop disturbing us. is that too much to ask?

christian doctrines have grown the world to where it is today. christian countries in europe are ok and everybody wants to go there. are those not the doctrines that we should emulate?
why do u want to impose afghanistan, iraq, iran and saudi doctrines on us. give us good reasons please

Firstly, Muslims migrate to other Muslim countries than western countries. I challenge you to disprove me with facts. Some Muslims moved to France, Britain and other Western countries after their home countries were destroyed by Christian colonialists and wars.

Secondly, stop all these emotional outbursts, we just asking for a simply thing. Don't set exams during our prayer times just as you won't set exams on Saturdays or Sundays.

Thirdly, there's nothing like Christian doctrines, when we hard Christian doctrines ruling the world, it was backwards and barbaric. People were killed because they translated the bible into English language. If you want that debate, I can give it to you but be rest assured you'll be humiliated.

Fourthly, those countries you listed were good countries before it was destroyed by the west. Can you imagine that the British invaded Afghanistan thrice? Although loosing the three wars, it had effects on the country till today despite happening more than 150 years ago, so cut the crap.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 9:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
Continue to decieve ursef
I pray in a mosque dominated by hausas, a yoruba is the immam
Infact, hausa guys in the mosque re the ones supporting the yoruva guy as the imam
You dey mind those bigots, I was in Zaria some days back and I led prayers and everyone knew I was a Yoruba man. In my local mosques, it's dominated by Fulanis, who even speak Pulbe amongst themselves but whenever a Neighbor who's a Yoruba comes for prayer, they all request him to lead prayers because he has the best voice in recitation.

1 Like

Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 9:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
olas24u:
Religion is meant to be peaceful,but you people taken yours to disorganize society with utterances to make sure people remain divided.weere people.Arab slave
So asking for our rights to be able to pray at the right time on Friday is terrorism? You can see the kind of Yoruba Christian bigots we have nowadays, later this same people would go to other threads to deceive yeebhoes that Yorubas are one. We're not one, oloshi
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
So asking for our rights to be able to pray at the right time on Friday is terrorism? You can see the kind of Yoruba Christian bigots we have nowadays, later this same people would go to other threads to deceive yeebhoes that Yorubas are one. We're not one, oloshi
I am a Muslim,you are not asking for any right.In other developed Muslim world ,they use their brains.,why suspend your own brains ?Singapore ,Malaysia,turkey,Syria, are Muslim countries and not sharia states .some of the request I read is so stupid ,we are in the 21st century not ancient ages.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 10:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
I am Yoruba,you must separate religion from the management of state affairs,you cannot be polluting the minds of people with these things.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:
Nigerians write foreign exams and text and they don't complain about available dates in international exams but an examination that has been held for decades ,you woke up in 2019 to make utterances to divide the people.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
olas24u:

I am a Muslim,you are not asking for any right.In other developed Muslim world ,they use their brains.,why suspend your own brains ?Singapore ,Malaysia,turkey,Syria, are Muslim countries and not sharia states .some of the request I read is so stupid ,we are in the 21st century not ancient ages.
So Muslim females to be allowed to wear hijab isn't a right? Or shariah isn't a right?

And stop saying what you don't know, developed Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, and Muslim parts of Philippines practice shariah and you're in no way better than them. So why then open eye for Nigerian Muslims especially Yoruba Muslims when they request for basic things? Go to towns like ede which is a Muslim populated town and see how the church is oppressing the people. Wallahi, with what redeem is doing in ede ehn, if it were to be the north, they would have been violence but yet the Muslims are patient and still follow the due processes. This is a virtue of Muslims in Yorubaland, we're patient but we have rights and you need to respect it.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 10:10pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=BeansAndBread post=77016295]So asking for our rights to be able to pray at the right time on Friday is terrorism? You can see the kind of Yoruba Christian bigots we have nowadays, later this same people would go to other threads to deceive yeebhoes that Yorubas are one. We're not one, oloshi[/quote
I never even mentioned terrorism,yours is stupidity ,politics,divisions,mind control ,resources sharing etc]Nigeria will out live all of you.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 10:11pm On Mar 26, 2019
olas24u:

Nigerians write foreign exams and text and they don't complain about available dates in international exams but an examination that has been held for decades ,you woke up in 2019 to make utterances to divide the people.
Lady, we're talking about WAEC not foreign Exams. You can't set exams on Friday from 1-3pm, it's not done, don't you get it? Abi what kind of Muslim are you anyways?
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by olas24u(f): 10:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
BeansAndBread:

So Muslim females to be allowed to wear hijab isn't a right? Or shariah isn't a right?

And stop saying what you don't know, developed Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, and Muslim parts of Philippines practice shariah and you're in no way better than them. So why then open eye for Nigerian Muslims especially Yoruba Muslims when they request for basic things? Go to towns like ede which is a Muslim populated town and see how the church is oppressing the people. Wallahi, with what redeem is doing in ede ehn, if it were to be the north, they would have been violence but yet the Muslims are patient and still follow the due processes. This is a virtue of Muslims in Yorubaland, we're patient but we have rights and you need to respect it.
Sharia is a way of life and not state or country way of life,Nigeria is a secular country and not a sharia country.you have to the right to religion and liberty and do what you like personally,you cannot force sharia on other people.
Re: MURIC Reacts To WAEC's "Disappear Without Trace" Threats by BeansAndBread(m): 10:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
[quote author=olas24u post=77016664][/quote]You call people who ask for their rights to wear hijab, exams not being set at PRAYER TIMES (1-3pm) Arab slaves. I'm beginning to doubt you're a Muslim, maybe you're one of those confused Chris-Muss, those with Muslim fathers and Christian mothers but don't know where to stand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

COVID-19: Kaduna Orders Closure Of Schools / 13 Pictures DELSU Students/Alumni Can Relate With! / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.