Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531547 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 10:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
seyewest:

I think they should be honest upfront with their International Patient.

lol!...they won't because they assume that most international patients are not patients they can easily track on their own without the help of the government.

You do know that most International patients do not have social security numbers? So yes, any money they can get from the medical services they offered to them counts.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
Spanishmilf:
I thought they warn you people of getting discount and why did u give birth when u know Trump is tightening it immigration....... He is even detaining his own black citizen doubting their American passport
You are just annoying somebori

WTF are you saying?

Must you comment?

Why can't you just kept mute and allow the gurus to give their opinions.........

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mandex11: 11:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
Hello house @seyewest ET all. Please who's knows how much for passport renewal thanks in advance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 12:06am On Jul 26, 2019
seyewest:

What you just said is totally wrong, she said it was not discounted and she has her zero balance. My suggestion is to get in touch with the hospital and ask for your full financial detail of the child birth and if there's any hidden discount, if there's none please reapply and explain with evidence of your findings.

It was discounted, please oh. That "she said"? Naaah! That figure can never be without a discount (it's the percentage of discount she should be looking at to see if at all she will have a case, a somewhat safe margin will be a discount not more than 50%), let her check or go for her itemised bill, then she will understand better, it's all in there.... It's just about were we've found ourselves with birthing in the US! Sighs

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Saskbound: 1:34am On Jul 26, 2019
Must you comment? If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute to the discussion why not leave it. Some responses on this platform can be down right rude & uncalled for why do you want to sound so insensitive?
Spanishmilf:
I thought they warn you people of getting discount and why did u give birth when u know Trump is tightening it immigration....... He is even detaining his own black citizen doubting their American passport

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Saskbound: 1:41am On Jul 26, 2019
So sorry about your experience, like I always advice US interview is not one size fits all, the VOs have the prerogative to decline anyone a visa based on how they PERCEIVE your response and believe me it wasn’t based on the amount of your hospital bill.

Ive heard people say if you pay less than 10k you will be rejected or if you got a discount you will be denied, well let me mention here that when I applied for mine I categorically told the VO I paid about 10k for my first baby and I got discounts because I paid cash and I still got my B2 visa.

Don’t reapply soon, give sometime hopefully you will meet another VO who will approve your visa. Best of luck.
kamee:
hello house, so i went to to renew my visa by drop box but i and my family (myself,hubby, and 2 daughters but the last is a citizen and ther was no one to leave her with) but we were asked to reschedule and appear. so fast forward to the vo asking question

VO - where are you going in the us and why
WE - florida for holiday about 2-3 weeks
VO - what do you do
I - business and explains
VO - faces hubby with same question
HUBBY - work at a corporate office with detail
VO - types and starts murmuring looks like he couldn't find any error on our document
VO- turns to the baby and ask why she was not an applicant
I - she's a citizen
vo - can i have your receipts and did you inform the embassy of your intent
we - yes we did and handed the intent later along side receipt and told him a total of $7500 bill was fully paid
vo - so you got a discount
we - no we did not, there's a zero bal inside the envelope stating we paid all there was
VO - why did you get a discount
I - was furious but kept my cool and said againg that there was no discount
VO - kept insisting about the discount (infact mention it 3 times) like his mind was made up about the discount and asked what state we had the child
VO - looks up and said NJ birthing bill was usually $17,000 so paying $7,500 was dicounted
VO - -hands over the blue paper

you see, all we incured including uber, housing, feeding, scan, blood works etc was totalling $15,000. should we have added all these expenses as birthing?. When the hospital billed us as self payfor 2 nights should i have asked them to increase my bill? I really need closure to this rejection. if he had said that we did not make our intent clear from the time of application, that would have been understood. Hubby says we should move on and try uk cos we want to take the kids on vaca but i want to explore the usa more since that is where my business is sourced from. and i also feel that if we do not clear the air about this discount, we would keep facing it or what do you think guys? Do we stand a chance if we re-apply?

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kamee: 5:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks for your kind words and taking time oit to respond...........[
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kamee: 5:48am On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks for your kind words and taking time oit to respond..........
Saskbound:
So sorry about your experience, like I always advice US interview is not one size fits all, the VOs have the prerogative to decline anyone a visa based on how they PERCEIVE your response and believe me it wasn’t based on the amount of your hospital bill.

Ive heard people say if you pay less than 10k you will be rejected or if you got a discount you will be denied, well let me mention here that when I applied for mine I categorically told the VO I paid about 10k for my first baby and I got discounts because I paid cash and I still got my B2 visa.

Don’t reapply soon, give sometime hopefully you will meet another VO who will approve your visa. Best of luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kamee: 5:52am On Jul 26, 2019
Thanks ....
seyewest:

What you just said is totally wrong, she said it was not discounted and she has her zero balance. My suggestion is to get in touch with the hospital and ask for your full financial detail of the child birth and if there's any hidden discount, if there's none please reapply and explain with evidence of your findings.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kamee: 6:07am On Jul 26, 2019
If you read through the thread, you will understand that i quoted that no discount was offered or taken. E.g It's like you live in ikoyi and so someone assumes tha all flat rate @ikoyi axis is 2million. Whereas, thats not the case. You can scout for cheaper flats and area anywhere in ikoyi and still live at ikoyi. Is that to say that you got a discount?. I had my baby in the outskirts on NJ and it's still considered NJ anyways but could i be explaing this to the VO?.....
flourishing247:

The patients should also do proper research. Right from ages ago, I knew if you want to birth in the US just budget 10-15k for total hospital bill. People were so excited to pick the discount. Did they ever ask why the discount? What manner of discount will cut off thousands of dollars from your bill? Maka why? The smart ones didn't take it. They paid fully. It's really an unfortunate situation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Doctoropera(m): 7:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Hello house!
I filled in DS 160 form with three names, but on the confirmation page I saw tho names (just the surname and the first name). Have i gone wrong in any way?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2019
kamee:
If you read through the thread, you will understand that i quoted that no discount was offered or taken. E.g It's like you live in ikoyi and so someone assumes tha all flat rate @ikoyi axis is 2million. Whereas, thats not the case. You can scout for cheaper flats and area anywhere in ikoyi and still live at ikoyi. Is that to say that you got a discount?. I had my baby in the outskirts on NJ and it's still considered NJ anyways but could i be explaing this to the VO?.....

I'm not criticizing you please. Call the hospital and ask for itemized bill. Check the difference and see if you can pay it off. Don't try to reapply until you've had a certain communication with the hospital. I pray you get it on your second try.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by PinkSunset: 9:10am On Jul 26, 2019
In your mind now, you made a sensible comment. How insensitive can you be? You mustn't comment on every post. Someone is concerned about her matter and asking a valid question, and you say she's annoying you...because you are what sef? The same way i asked a question sometime ago and you came and said my question was annoying. Why not read and pass and wait for questions that don't annoy you? Most of your comments here are quite annoying and not really sensible, but is anyone making degrading comments to you about them? Calm yourself down abeg.

Spanishmilf:

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 11:31am On Jul 26, 2019
dont mind some people on internet whenever they see adventure to use free internet they just comment any how on someone post it always show their background just ignore him
PinkSunset:
In your mind now, you made a sensible comment. How insensitive can you be? You mustn't comment on every post. Someone is concerned about her matter and asking a valid question, and you say she's annoying you...because you are what sef? The same way i asked a question sometime ago and you came and said my question was annoying. Why not read and pass and wait for questions that don't annoy you? Most of your comments here are quite annoying and not really sensible, but is anyone making degrading comments to you about them? Calm yourself down abeg.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:32am On Jul 26, 2019
Mandex11:
Hello house @seyewest ET all. Please who's knows how much for passport renewal thanks in advance.

Check Nigeria Immigration website and add 5k on top just in case. grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2019
kamee:

Try to get the itemized bill.... I believe you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Doctoropera:
Hello house!
I filled in DS 160 form with three names, but on the confirmation page I saw tho names (just the surname and the first name). Have i gone wrong in any way?

No problem.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MrsBee: 12:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
It's almost 11 weeks now and no update. Has anyone who submitted in May heard back from them?

seyewest:

They will get back you to you soon... within 3 months of submission.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dsaynt: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
flourishing247:

The patients should also do proper research. Right from ages ago, I knew if you want to birth in the US just budget 10-15k for total hospital bill. People were so excited to pick the discount. Did they ever ask why the discount? What manner of discount will cut off thousands of dollars from your bill? Maka why? The smart ones didn't take it. They paid fully. It's really an unfortunate situation.

Reason the hospitals give the discount that they do is because the international patients are paying cash and in full at once. Their regular US customers pay via insurance. And just like any other insurance, the insurance company would contest the bill given and also would not pay immediately. They eventually pay months and months later. These are the things that hospitals (infact any company that is dealing with insurance companies) take into consideration hence the initial high bill. The insurance companies too don't pay the advertised bill too as they negotiate it down (much the same way car insurance people do with mechanics). How come the US govt don't complain that that insurance didn't pay the full amount.
The VOs should understand all this. Its simply "time value of money" that the hospitals are looking at. If you are paying cash and immediately you get a big discount. If you pay cash but not immediately you get a discount but not as much as the 1st. If you're paying via insurance then no discount.
So the US govt should take it up with the hospitals not the patients. American citizens too get big discounts if they pay immediately and in cash.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
PinkSunset:

People like Spanishmilf and other ‘Nairaland VOs’ are exact reasons people don’t post their transcripts again.This trend is phasing down.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by doziej84: 2:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
seyewest:

Did you bother to research it? I don't know why you will want to do that but if that pass through my scanner machine, I will assume you're trying to smuggle drug into the country, this is just my opinion and I believe no matter how expensive kitchen utensil is, you will always find the cheaper one.

Yes, I did my research.....The Indians are doing it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by doziej84: 2:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nersh:
Since you were able to pay your school fees, im sure you will be able to afford a few pots and pans....

Oga or should I call you Madam....whichever it is....Not everyone going to the USA for studies , pay school fees.....Some are sponsored by the Academic Institution in question....Be duly enlightened. God bless you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2019
kamee:
hello house, so i went to to renew my visa by drop box but i and my family (myself,hubby, and 2 daughters but the last is a citizen and ther was no one to leave her with) but we were asked to reschedule and appear. so fast forward to the vo asking question

VO - where are you going in the us and why
WE - florida for holiday about 2-3 weeks
VO - what do you do
I - business and explains
VO - faces hubby with same question
HUBBY - work at a corporate office with detail
VO - types and starts murmuring looks like he couldn't find any error on our document
VO- turns to the baby and ask why she was not an applicant
I - she's a citizen
vo - can i have your receipts and did you inform the embassy of your intent
we - yes we did and handed the intent later along side receipt and told him a total of $7500 bill was fully paid
vo - so you got a discount
we - no we did not, there's a zero bal inside the envelope stating we paid all there was
VO - why did you get a discount
I - was furious but kept my cool and said againg that there was no discount
VO - kept insisting about the discount (infact mention it 3 times) like his mind was made up about the discount and asked what state we had the child
VO - looks up and said NJ birthing bill was usually $17,000 so paying $7,500 was dicounted
VO - -hands over the blue paper

you see, all we incured including uber, housing, feeding, scan, blood works etc was totalling $15,000. should we have added all these expenses as birthing?. When the hospital billed us as self payfor 2 nights should i have asked them to increase my bill? I really need closure to this rejection. if he had said that we did not make our intent clear from the time of application, that would have been understood. Hubby says we should move on and try uk cos we want to take the kids on vaca but i want to explore the usa more since that is where my business is sourced from. and i also feel that if we do not clear the air about this discount, we would keep facing it or what do you think guys? Do we stand a chance if we re-apply?

There is no "air to clear" on the discount. The discounts are strictly meant for indigent US citizens... the fact that hospitals do not call it a discount does not remove the fact that it really is. It costs the average American double that for childbirth in NJ, how do you justify paying only $7500?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
ViceChief:

People like Spanishmilf and other ‘Nairaland VOs’ are exact reasons people don’t post their transcripts again.This trend is phasing down.

It is very bad.
As soon as someone post their transcript they respond by making a mockery of the visa applicant.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
dsaynt:

Reason the hospitals give the discount that they do is because the international patients are paying cash and in full at once. Their regular US customers pay via insurance. And just like any other insurance, the insurance company would contest the bill given and also would not pay immediately. They eventually pay months and months later. These are the things that hospitals (infact any company that is dealing with insurance companies) take into consideration hence the initial high bill. The insurance companies too don't pay the advertised bill too as they negotiate it down (much the same way car insurance people do with mechanics). How come the US govt don't complain that that insurance didn't pay the full amount.
The VOs should understand all this. Its simply "time value of money" that the hospitals are looking at. If you are paying cash and immediately you get a big discount. If you pay cash but not immediately you get a discount but not as much as the 1st. If you're paying via insurance then no discount.
So the US govt should take it up with the hospitals not the patients. American citizens too get big discounts if they pay immediately and in cash.

But you're not a US citizen...

Your argument is upside down really. If it is true that hospitals generally prefer self-pay, then they would actively advertise it. Most Americans would also prefer to take that option. But that is not the case. Infact in certain cases, many doctors would not take you in as a patient if you have no insurance, regardless of what you intend to pay as self-pay.
As you have stated, hospitals allow self-pay since it is the only way to ensure some who cannot afford insurance will at least pay something. The government also reimburses those hospitals for providing care for indigent Americans who cannot afford to pay. Neither of these apply to you. It is easier for the American government to simply deny you a visa (it is a privilege, not a right) than to waste their time bothering the hospitals who provide this service for American citizens as well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
dsaynt:
TWoods:

But you're not a US citizen...

Your argument is upside down really. If it is true that hospitals generally prefer self-pay, then they would actively advertise it. Most Americans would also prefer to take that option. But that is not the case. Infact in certain cases, many doctors would not take you in as a patient if you have no insurance, regardless of what you intend to pay as self-pay.
As you have stated, hospitals allow self-pay since it is the only way to ensure some who cannot afford insurance will at least pay something. The government also reimburses those hospitals for providing care for indigent Americans who cannot afford to pay. Neither of these apply to you. It is easier for the American government to simply deny you a visa (it is a privilege, not a right) than to waste their time bothering the hospitals who provide this service for American citizens as well.
American citizens pay totally different amounts, some with a good job and good insurance pay 0 (zero) and hospitals prefer them, because the good reliable insurance pays them directly, usually also these citizens have a preference and are very well treated with lots of additional special services. There are also Senior citizens on Medicare or disable people on Medicaid, it's also free to them or almost free, some supplementary insurance maybe needed. Military people and their family members (Tricare), one of the best insurances and almost free too. The system is rather complicated and we all need to know how our plans work and to pay less or nothing. Usually American hospitals prefer to work with good insurance or an extended payments plan on credit card or others. It's all tied to the person social security number and no risk. Cash is accepted mostly from a low income people with no credit, discounts are given to people who has no social security number (in case of Nigerians, medical facilities don't ask the immigration status and bill according to ghetto scale, first they write the total, maybe 20K, then the 50-60% discount. And it's not cheap anyway, poor people in America, if they pay cash, they pay more than working people with insurance and hospitals don't like cash paying mostly because they can't keep you at the hospital for long and charge forever or to hook you up with unnecessary services, medicine and machines.

Ah, and almost all Americans, we NEVER use cash, all is cards and switching money online between different accounts. People who pays cash is looked like maybe criminals, drug dealers, illegal immigrants or a very low level citizens who were in jail or had bankruptcy and have no credit at all. Having NO credit in America means troubles to rent a place to live, to buy a car or a house and many other things. Good Credit score it's a good reputation and many benefits and preferences.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
ViceChief:

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
skdfu747:

It is very bad.
As soon as someone post their transcript they respond by making a mockery of the visa applicant.
I'm making no mockery or I'm not judging anybody if she follows this thread right from S3 or she follows the giving birth in USA cost ND procedure thread she should know that $7500 is not good enough for VO my
And my point is that giving birth in USA and coming back to Nigeria is no no nfor Trump.... He is now detaining Black American and detaining legalised Mexicans in Texas
You just don't understand my point
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
oluayebenz:

WTF are you saying?

Must you comment?

Why can't you just kept mute and allow the gurus to give their opinions.........
You don't get my point am not trying to be harsh
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
PinkSunset:

You don't understand me or because I put it in a harsh way........ And I don't think have quote you before ma

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Saskbound:
Must you comment? If you don’t have anything constructive to contribute to the discussion why not leave it. Some responses on this platform can be down right rude & uncalled for why do you want to sound so insensitive?
am not annoying maybe because I Said she is annoying
She could have ask us before going to d interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
pufframmy:
dont mind some people on internet whenever they see adventure to use free internet they just comment any how on someone post it always show their background just ignore him
Proof read before submitting your comment
I don't understand you

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.