Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530589 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Happy to inform the house that we the last dropboxers as in those of us who submitted from May 2nd to 13th, and haven't been called for interview have started getting our visas issued.

I submitted May 2nd and just tracked it and saw issued July 27th.

Yes they work on Saturday I gathered and even conduct interviews as well.

It was under administrative processing for 3days from 24th-27th july.
Before then all it said from May was application received.

So go and track your at ceac site, but be rest assured all final dropbox applications wld be resolved this week.

Have a nice week

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Imbees: 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
Congratulations!!! I submitted 13th so fingers crossed. smiley

Pepes:
Happy to inform the house that we the last dropboxers as in those of us who submitted from May 2nd to 13th, and haven't been called for interview have started getting our visas issued.

So go and track your at ceac site, but be rest assured all final dropbox applications wld be resolved this week.

Have a nice week
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Temigail: 7:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
Please I need help urgently.

I paid for my us visa receipt using my old passport which expires in September, I want to know if I can book a date with that passport (even though it doesn't have up to 6 months) or of I can't, can my payment still be in my old passport while I get my new passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dj4tolex: 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
seyewest:

Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Jamaica.

please, I do need some help, I been trying to get a connecting flight through your suggested countries but no single one is available. Do you know how I can go about it?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 5:51am On Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing this good news. Finally, i can look forward to getting my passport back soonest. Congrats.. quote author=Pepes post=80706438]Happy to inform the house that we the last dropboxers as in those of us who submitted from May 2nd to 13th, and haven't been called for interview have started getting our visas issued.

Have a nice week[/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:11am On Jul 29, 2019
dj4tolex:

please, I do need some help, I been trying to get a connecting flight through your suggested countries but no single one is available. Do you know how I can go about it?

try flight with codeshare with South American and Caribbean airline, can I have your date and destination.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dj4tolex: 6:01pm On Jul 29, 2019
seyewest:

try flight with codeshare with South American and Caribbean airline, can I have your date and destination.

Date- 8th - 17th of October

Destination - Bridgetown ( Barbados)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by teamgreat: 7:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
Pls what's the earliest date for Abuja interview,one can get now. Your urgent response. Thanks.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by missjack: 10:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello good evening, pls I just applied for my b1/b2 visa but on my DS-160 confirmation slip, the travel purpose is written as: Business/Personal (b1/b2).
I thought it is supposed to be Business/pleasure.
Please is this an error or what?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 30, 2019
missjack:
Hello good evening, pls I just applied for my b1/b2 visa but on my DS-160 confirmation slip, the travel purpose is written as: Business/Personal (b1/b2).
I thought it is supposed to be Business/pleasure.
Please is this an error or what?
No problem. It is B1/B2 visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jesscaxt(f): 3:47am On Jul 30, 2019
Pepes:

Have a nice week

Same here ,all it said was application received since May, i was wondering What was happening i also applied on the 2nd of May and got a mail to pick up..thank God been dreaming of all the delicious food I wan go chop for America make dem no go break my foodie heart grin grin

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dsaynt: 9:20am On Jul 30, 2019
123JohnF:

American citizens pay totally different amounts, some with a good job and good insurance pay 0 (zero) and hospitals prefer them, because the good reliable insurance pays them directly, usually also these citizens have a preference and are very well treated with lots of additional special services. There are also Senior citizens on Medicare or disable people on Medicaid, it's also free to them or almost free, some supplementary insurance maybe needed. Military people and their family members (Tricare), one of the best insurances and almost free too. The system is rather complicated and we all need to know how our plans work and to pay less or nothing. Usually American hospitals prefer to work with good insurance or an extended payments plan on credit card or others. It's all tied to the person social security number and no risk. Cash is accepted mostly from a low income people with no credit, discounts are given to people who has no social security number (in case of Nigerians, medical facilities don't ask the immigration status and bill according to ghetto scale, first they write the total, maybe 20K, then the 50-60% discount. And it's not cheap anyway, poor people in America, if they pay cash, they pay more than working people with insurance and hospitals don't like cash paying mostly because they can't keep you at the hospital for long and charge forever or to hook you up with unnecessary services, medicine and machines.

Ah, and almost all Americans, we NEVER use cash, all is cards and switching money online between different accounts. People who pays cash is looked like maybe criminals, drug dealers, illegal immigrants or a very low level citizens who were in jail or had bankruptcy and have no credit at all. Having NO credit in America means troubles to rent a place to live, to buy a car or a house and many other things. Good Credit score it's a good reputation and many benefits and preferences.

I actually agree with you. By the way when I said cash I meant payment via cards not actual cash. Lol.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dipseacon: 9:57am On Jul 30, 2019
I'm in my final year in Uni, I applied for B1/B2 visa with my mom on May and where given august for our interview. We are currently on vacation till October and my mom is a civil servant with Lagos state. Are there any documents I'd need to take along with me for the interview and what are my chances? (My 2 brothers are in the US)
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Imbees: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2019
jesscaxt:

Same here ,all it said was application received since May, i was wondering What was happening i also applied on the 2nd of May and got a mail to pick up..thank God been dreaming of all the delicious food I wan go chop for America make dem no go break my foodie heart grin grin

Congratulations. Has yours changed to issued too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jesscaxt(f): 12:19pm On Jul 30, 2019
Imbees:

Congratulations. Has yours changed to issued too?

oh no it didn't just picked up. was told to schedule a follow up interview under the 221G category
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
jesscaxt:

oh no it didn't just picked up. was told to schedule a follow up interview under the 221G category

O wow! Did you give birth in the states? I gathered most pple called for interview either gave birth or over stayed at some point, just make sure you carry all you documents and all. Goodluck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dj4tolex: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2019
seyewest:

try a flight with codeshare with South American and Caribbean airline, can I have your date and destination.

Thank you for your reply.

Lagos. to

I'm grateful boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obinoscopy(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2019
achu442:
Hello, someone put me through... My online date needs to send me an invitation to USA, What are the documents she needs to do this?
You'll need documents that will prove you have sufficient ties to Nigeria. You need to prove to them that you won't abscond. Ties include, but is not limited to, the following: marriage, kids, old age, long term employment, reasonable salary, good bank account statement, good travel history, etc. Any document that can prove the above in addition to other things should be made ready.

In addition to the above, you'll need to fill the form D-160 form, pay the visa fee at GTBank, and schedule an appointment with ustraveldocs. For more info, check out page one of this thread.

You don't need invitation letter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2019
dj4tolex:

Lagos. to

I'm grateful boss

Working on it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dj4tolex: 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
seyewest:

Working on it.
Thank you so much boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Doctoropera(m): 6:56pm On Jul 31, 2019
Obinoscopy:
You'll need documents that will prove you have sufficient ties to Nigeria. You need to prove to them that you won't abscond. Ties include, but is not limited to, the following: marriage, kids, old age, long term employment, reasonable salary, good bank account statement, good travel history, etc. Any document that can prove the above in addition to other things should be made ready.

In addition to the above, you'll need to fill the form D-160 form, pay the visa fee at GTBank, and schedule an appointment with ustraveldocs. For more info, check out page one of this thread.

You don't need invitation letter.
He doesn't need an invitation letter?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Obinoscopy(m): 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2019
Doctoropera:

He doesn't need an invitation letter?
No, invitation is not needed. It's only in formal situations such as business conferences, scientific symposia, etc that invitation would be needed.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jesscaxt(f): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2019
Pepes:

O wow! Did you give birth in the states? I gathered most pple called for interview either gave birth or over stayed at some point, just make sure you carry all you documents and all. Goodluck
nope i didnt give birth or over stay. by over stay do you mean stay past the 6 months on my i94? nope never did and never plan to over stay anywhere , i love to travel and enjoy places for as long as legally possible since im self employed and have the luxury of time and then go straight back home... i had long vacays of like 2 months and 4 months at different times within the 2 yrs. its probably why i'm being called in for an interview to explain.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2019
dj4tolex:

Lagos. to

I'm grateful boss

Cheapest (N597K) is Virgin but you will leave Heathrow and board the next flight in Gatwick (Which means you will need a UK Visa).
You can also apply for Brazilian transit visa and fly with South African Airline via Johannesburg to Rio and connect to the Caribbean via Rio or Sao Paulo.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dj4tolex: 10:05pm On Jul 31, 2019
seyewest:

Cheapest (N597K) is Virgin but you will leave Heathrow and board the next flight in Gatwick (Which means you will need a UK Visa).
You can also apply for Brazilian transit visa and fly with South African Airline via Johannesburg to Rio and connect to the Caribbean via Rio or Sao Paulo.

Thank you so much boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:27pm On Jul 31, 2019
jesscaxt:

nope i didnt give birth or over stay. by over stay do you mean stay past the 6 months on my i94? nope never did and never plan to over stay anywhere , i love to travel and enjoy places for as long as legally possible since im self employed and have the luxury of time and then go straight back home... [b]i had long vacays of like 2 months and 4 months[/b]at different times within the 2 yrs. its probably why i'm being called in for an interview to explain.

You will need a good explanation for staying 2 & 4 months long.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by LegitBachelor: 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2019
seyewest:

Really? Wow didn't know one can fly to Barbados through Rio/Sao Paulo. If I may ask, will it be a direct flight from Rio/Sao Paulo. I know of a lady who needs this info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2019
jesscaxt:

nope i didnt give birth or over stay. by over stay do you mean stay past the 6 months on my i94? nope never did and never plan to over stay anywhere , i love to travel and enjoy places for as long as legally possible since im self employed and have the luxury of time and then go straight back home... i had long vacays of like 2 months and 4 months at different times within the 2 yrs. its probably why i'm being called in for an interview to explain.

That's the reason. I hope you have a valid reason for the long stay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:25am On Aug 01, 2019
flourishing247:

That's the reason. I hope you have a valid reason for the long stay.

Hopefully she didn’t fill in her DS160 form and say during her visa interview that she will be visiting the US for maybe 2, 3 or 4 weeks tops. I doubt if she said anything more than these anyways.

She seems to be underrating the matter at hand though. This could be really grave even if you got the 6 months stamp and didn’t stay more than you were stamped in for. 2 months, then for 4 months, then what next most likely? Whew! BE WORRIED OH, unless....

The “I’m self employed” part that affords her the capacity to stay that long in the US ehn, I just help her pray sha. Lately, it is clear that these people will not allow thunder strike one particular spot twice again, I really do help her hope and pray.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:45am On Aug 01, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Hopefully she didn’t fill in her DS160 form and say during her visa interview that she will be visiting the US for maybe 2, 3 or 4 weeks tops. I doubt if she said anything more than these anyways.

She seems to be underrating the matter at hand though. This could be really grave even if you got the 6 months stamp and didn’t stay more than you were stamped in for. 2 months, then for 4 months, then what next most likely? Whew! BE WORRIED OH, unless....

The “I’m self employed” part that affords her the capacity to stay that long in the US ehn, I just help her pray sha. Lately, it is clear that these people will not allow thunder strike one particular spot twice again, I really do help her hope and pray.

This was what made my interview long. I was drilled about my visits cos none was short stays. The VO pepper me. I got exasperated at a stage. Nobody believed the visa will be issued. One thing I had going was the fact that I was TRUTHFUL all the way. Every question answered was crosschecked and found correct. It was a challenging one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:43am On Aug 01, 2019
LegitBachelor:
Really? Wow didn't know one can fly to Barbados through Rio/Sao Paulo. If I may ask, will it be a direct flight from Rio/Sao Paulo. I know of a lady who needs this info.

Yes and No, I believe some flight may fly through some of the island like island hopper flight, interestingly Nigerians don't need visa to visit Ecuador so you can find your way to Ecuador, getting to Barbados won't be hard.
One more thing, you can fly to Dubai and get a flight on KLM, Airfrance to Ecuador and fly from Ecuador to the Caribbean if you don't have a UK Visa or EU visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Those months in U.S means her tie to U.S is stronger than the ''ties'' to Nigeria, hopefully she will update us after the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.