Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530846 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 10:00am On Sep 15, 2019
stposh:

Thank you for your numerous questions.
So his work is 4wks in and 4wks out. Secondly the conference/workshop/oilfield tour is directly related to his work.
All his past visas are strictly work related and he has never overstayed his visit.

My guess is that the Vo was not just in the mood for allow people into his country jor.

On securing a date, we even got Tue next week but we opt for Thur. A friend has a travel agent firm and she get date for us but we have to pay sha.

Did you give birth in the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aao17ep: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2019
Goodmorning Guys,

I am trying to invite my Father and my Sister for my graduation here in the US. I already filled a seperate DS 160 for both, i also included in each persons DS 160 that both my Dad and Sister will be travelling together. When i was filling Dad's Visa appointment page i included my Sisters visa payment reciept, ds 160 confirmation number alongside my Dad to show they are together so that they can be interviewed together and i printed out the visa appointment page which showed that there are 2 applicants but only had my Dads name on it.

I then tried filling a seperate visa appointment for my Sister, so that they can have two seperate confirmation but i got this message below when i was about submitting my Sisters.

"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxx@gmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email"

Will my Dad's visa confirmation page cover the two of them?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:32am On Sep 16, 2019
Hello everyone. Please i have an enquiry to make. I have been to the US before in 2017 onn a students visa for my MSC but i had to come back to Naija cos of personal reasons and i couldn't finish the program in US. Now 2 years gone, my Visa has expired already and i plan on going to the US again for visit this time cos i have a business i rum here and my family too. Is it possible for me to get another visa category on same passport for same country? I mean since i have an expired F1 visa, can i get a B1/B2 Visa on same passport?

And if yes, what are my chances of getting the B1/B2 Visa considering that I i left previously without finishing my program?

Also, my passport will expire by April next year, can i still make use of it for the visa application?

Finally, how much is B1/B2 visa fee now? Thanks in advance
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggee(m): 1:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
fkj950ax:

LOL
It's USGovt. They wont abracadabra your visas.
We will wait till next week

Let me try and summarize as much as I can remember:
6.45am appointment got there around 6.15am thinking that were too early; behold it was a crowd. Some with later appointments already there so early - I wonder why?

Got in and was sent back from entrance to the main consulate - wife had on a smart watch, had to leave that with a friendly police lady outside.
We had to go-round again but had to skip most of the other lines/activities.

Okay, in the main hall: went through someone that verified our papers. then to finger printing queue and straight to the line for interview - no sitting throughout - you are on your feet from beginning to when you exit.

Interview:
VO: Good morning, your passports
Me: Good morning, passing the passports to him.
VO: Looked at screen for a while. Turned back and said good morning to us again.
Why are you going to the US.
Me: Vacation
VO: Where will you be visiting?
Me: Mentioned the state
VO: Asked for exact location. (Told him guess he did not get the pronunciation with my Nigerian accent - so I spelled it and he now pronounced it the right way - we both laughed.
VO: Are you visiting someone
Me: Yes, a friend
VO: How long are you staying
Me: Two weeks
VO: What do you do?
Me: I work as Bleep with yyy company
VO: To wife, what do you do?
DW: I own a shop.
VO: What do you sell
DW: Provisions
VO: Turned to my daughter: Call the name and said you are a student, what level?
Daughter: She answered.
VO: Looked again at computer as said, you have being to US before
Me: Yes. Alone on official duty.
VO: Where have you traveled to before as a family?
Me: Canada, Netherlands, UK
VO: Will you be seeking medical attention in the US?
Me: No
VO: I am approving your visa but you have to pay .... do you have the money here?
Me: Yes.
VO: Gave me paper and directions on how to pay.

Note: An old man that needed interpreter was issued visa before us. I cannot be sure of any again while in the hall.
I went there believing that we will be issued the visa but seeing the level of denials, I started thinking again.
A man was before us with his wife and baby, I saw the man gesticulating about his work and the woman level 9 in the government agency (I think with travel to SA too), I was expecting them to get it but were denied.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aao17ep: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
Thanks for the share, please did you print a seperate visa appointment for all three, or you used one and tagged the other two members of your family?

Ggee:

6.45am appointment got there around 6.15am thinking that were too early; behold it was a crowd. Some with later appointments already there so early - I wonder why?

Got in and was sent back from entrance to the main consulate - wife had on a smart watch, had to leave that with a friendly police lady outside.

Okay, in the main hall: went through someone that verified our papers. then to finger printing queue and straight to the line for interview - no sitting throughout - you are on your feet from beginning to when you exit.

Interview:
VO: Looked at screen for a while. Turned back and said good morning to us again.
VO: Asked for exact location. (Told him guess he did not get the pronunciation with my Nigerian accent - so I spelled it and he now pronounced it the right way - we both laughed.
VO: Turned to my daughter: Call the name and said you are a student, what level?
VO: I am approving your visa but you have to pay .... do you have the money here?

Note: An old man that needed interpreter was issued visa before us. I cannot be sure of any again while in the hall.
I went there believing that we will be issued the visa but seeing the level of denials, I started thinking again.
A man was before us with his wife and baby, I saw the man gesticulating about his work and the woman level 9 in the government agency (I think with travel to SA too), I was expecting them to get it but were denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
u have canada visa and u expect they wont give u lol bro you are best person to be given
Ggee:

Interview:

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggee(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Just one appointment for 3 of us.
Me being the primary person.
the print-out has the DS-160 number and UID for three of us.

aao17ep:
Thanks for the share, please did you print a seperate visa appointment for all three, or you used one and tagged the other two members of your family?

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by blessingee: 2:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ggee:

Interview:

Canada, Netherland and UK? If the VO had denied you, there is no way he/she would have made heaven i swear...lol

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 6:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ggee:

Interview

Congrats!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 6:39pm On Sep 16, 2019
blessingee:

Canada, Netherland and UK? If the VO had denied you, there is no way he/she would have made heaven i swear...lol

Lol!..Not true!

Other factors could have still lead to a denial.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
aao17ep:
Goodmorning Guys,

I am trying to invite my Father and my Sister for my graduation here in the US. I already filled a seperate DS 160 for both, i also included in each persons DS 160 that both my Dad and Sister will be travelling together. When i was filling Dad's Visa appointment page i included my Sisters visa payment reciept, ds 160 confirmation number alongside my Dad to show they are together so that they can be interviewed together and i printed out the visa appointment page which showed that there are 2 applicants but only had my Dads name on it.

I then tried filling a seperate visa appointment for my Sister, so that they can have two seperate confirmation but i got this message below when i was about submitting my Sisters.

"Your personal details match the profile which already exists in our database. The user id of that profile is "xxxxxx@gmail.com ". If you created this profile in the past and forgot the password, please use “Forget your password?” function on the login screen. If this email isn't familiar to you, please contact our helpline through Provide Feedback option in the left menu or by sending the email to our helpline. Please don't forget to attach the scanned copy of your passport’s data page to your feedback message/email"

Please can you check the appointment page properly. Your sisters name should be on it. If no then go back to your dads profile and add her as dependent
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by wuki: 11:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
aao17ep:
Goodmorning Guys,

You might want to call up CGI if the data is not populating properly. Also double-check to make sure your sisters info was added correctly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:54am On Sep 17, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Lol!..Not true!

Other factors could have still lead to a denial.

Yea especially social media footprint.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2019
Greetings my people. Please I am new in this trend and need some questions to be answered.

I received an invitation letter to attend an educational conference in November.
1. What type of visa should I apply for?
2. What documents should I go to the embassy with?
3. Please I need suggestions on cheapest flight and lodging in the USA.
4. What questions should I expect from the VO.
Thank you as you put me through.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2019
B1/B2, please
Gospelozy:
Greetings my people. Please I am new in this trend and need some questions to be answered.

I received an invitation letter to attend an educational conference in November.
3. Please I need suggestions on cheapest flight and lodging in the USA.
4. What questions should I expect from the VO.
Thank you as you put me through.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2019
ozymes:
B1/B2, please

Thank you Sir
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gospelozy(f): 1:10am On Sep 18, 2019
Greetings gurus.
Please my invitation letter was sent through mail. I hope this is not a problem?
2. How do I apply for visiting visa? Please I need the step by step procedure as I have not done it before.
Thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:44am On Sep 18, 2019
Gospelozy:
Greetings gurus.
Please my invitation letter was sent through mail. I hope this is not a problem?
2. How do I apply for visiting visa? Please I need the step by step procedure as I have not done it before.
Thank you

go to google and search for step by step procedure on how to apply for U.S Visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2019
Good morning house,
My dad missed his appointment. Can i still use the MRV fee for him or I need a new one? Also, the travel date on the ds160 is October and the available appointment is November 23. Can i still continue with the previous form or I need to fill a new one.
Thanks.
@seyewest
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2019
Phemorinho:
Good morning house,
My dad missed his appointment. Can i still use the MRV fee for him or I need a new one? Also, the travel date on the ds160 is October and the available appointment is November 23. Can i still continue with the previous form or I need to fill a new one.
Thanks.
@seyewest
Yes you use same receipt ro book another appointment. Keep checking for early date. If it doesn't come up and you eventually pick a later date, you have to update a new form and re-submit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by knytred: 9:13am On Sep 18, 2019
Do you have greater chances if you have being to Canada ?

pufframmy:
u have canada visa and u expect they wont give u lol bro you are best person to be given
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 9:42am On Sep 18, 2019
Candybright:

Yes you use same receipt ro book another appointment. Keep checking for early date. If it doesn't come up and you eventually pick a later date, you have to update a new form and re-submit.
Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aderemi166: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
Phemorinho:

Thanks

Note that you can only reschedule once(or cancel appointment and reschedule once). The receipt number may not work after.

It happened to me, called the embassy, sent mail got same response that I needed to purchase another receipt(pay for visa fee) at GTBank.
Kindly note.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by tadetobi: 4:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
Evening gurus, please a friend of mine in the US is willing to sponsor my travel and staying if possible (She's a citizen). My question is

3. What questions should I expect from the VO.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ojoboak(m): 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good evening house,
I am a silent admirer of this forum and honedtly i have benefited a lot from the postings hence my decision to give back to the community.
Submitted my DS160 on July 12th and went ahead to scheduled appointment, got this week and eventually choose today.
So today i was at the Embassy as scheduled. Real problem started the moment i alighted and walk through that carpark. Hustlers of different sorts swarmed on me. I initially resisted but soon gave in, when the list of "Haa you cannot take this in, you cannot take that inside. This your passport is not acceptable, you have to take another one sharp sharp to claim your visa" I succumbed. To keep your phones and "other dangerous items like biro, flash drives, token" etc Safekeeping money is 2k. Passport that matches requirements is 2k, stapling all your documents in special order to accelerate your interview and improve your chance, anything you like give me, 1k"
Fast forward to the interview session
VO : Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO : Passport please
Me : Hands it over
VO : What are you going to do in US
Me : Conference
VO : where is the conference
Me : so so city
VO : start checking ds 160, check, check and check.
VO : what is the conference about
Me : To earn PDU for my recertification as **** professional
VO : What do you do
Me : I work as dis in that company
VO : For how long
Me : xyears
VO : Where have you travelled to outside Nigeria
Me : Have been to vvvv, ghhh, hhhh xxxxi, aaa, Ghana Just came back from x country in east Africa ehmm then Uk some years
VO : what did you go to xxxxxxx to do ( why pick that i dont know)
Me : For xyz training
VO : Do you have kids
Me : i have x kids
VO : We will be giving you VISA. Are you with the reciprocity fee of 40700naira
Me : Yes
VO : Do have have a good day( remove passport from default rejection mode, pick a copy of white form and a red one, put inside the passport, stating i will be informed by sms and email , when to pick up d visa)
Me : Thank you very much ( after collecting my passport with red paper on what to pay and white on where to pick up)

16 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ojoboak(m): 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
I forgot to mention that no one look at the passport photographs at any stage and it was not taken from me.. So where did we get that as requirements. Someone was even reminding the cashier " who is collecting the photographs , to which the guy responded nobody "
But rejection too many. Four rejections before me and one after.
Someone was invited by the son who travelled on B1/B2 and never return but got married to a citizen. You know the outcome now.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by moanniey(f): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Congrats .I shall testify too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ojoboak:
Good evening house,
I am a silent admirer of this forum and honedtly i have benefited a lot from the postings hence

Me : Have been to vvvv, ghhh, hhhh xxxxi, aaa Ghana Just came back from x country in east Africa ehmm then Uk some years
V

Congrats. Can you tell us those countries you've visited apart from Ghana and the UK?

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
CONGRAT

first time right

Ojoboak:
Good evening house,
I am a silent admirer of this forum and honedtly i have benefited a lot from the postings hence my decision to give back to the community.
Submitted my DS160 on July 12th and went ahead to scheduled appointment, got this week and eventually choose today.
So today i was at the Embassy as scheduled. Real problem started the moment i alighted and walk through that carpark. Hustlers of different sorts swarmed on me. I initially resisted but soon gave in, when the list of "Haa you cannot take this in, you cannot take that inside. This your passport is not acceptable, you have to take another one sharp sharp to claim your visa" I succumbed. To keep your phones and "other dangerous items like biro, flash drives, token" etc Safekeeping money is 2k. Passport that matches requirements is 2k, stapling all your documents in special order to accelerate your interview and improve your chance, anything you like give me, 1k"
VO : Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO : Passport please
Me : Hands it over
VO : What are you going to do in US
Me : Conference
VO : where is the conference
Me : so so city
VO : start checking ds 160, check, check and check.
VO : what is the conference about
Me : To earn PDU for my recertification as **** professional
Me : Have been to vvvv, ghhh, hhhh xxxxi, aaa, Ghana Just came back from x country in east Africa ehmm then Uk some years
VO : what did you go to xxxxxxx to do ( why pick that i dont know)
Me : For xyz training
VO : Do you have kids
Me : i have x kids
VO : We will be giving you VISA. Are you with the reciprocity fee of 40700naira
Me : Yes
VO : Do have have a good day( remove passport from default rejection mode, pick a copy of white form and a red one, put inside the passport, stating i will be informed by sms and email , when to pick up d visa)
Me : Thank you very much ( after collecting my passport with red paper on what to pay and white on where to pick up)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lastborn19: 4:58am On Sep 21, 2019
Good morning my people!!.. I met a woman online she’s from the USA. We have been doing the online dating thing for about 4-5 months now .. now she’s trying to write a invitation letter { will she write me as boyfriend or husband to be} . I fell like VO will be like if she want to marry, she knows what to do I.e (she should come to Nigeria) .. or I tell her to write a random visiting to visit places with her and stuffs ? As I’m just 19yrs old and she’s 29.. pls gurus in the house should pls help me out
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by giselle237: 6:12am On Sep 21, 2019
Chai... father lord
... she needs to come and visit you in Nigeria first
lastborn19:
Good morning my people!!.. I met a woman online she’s from the USA. We have been doing the online dating thing for about 4-5 months now .. now she’s trying to write a invitation letter { will she write me as boyfriend or husband to be} . I fell like VO will be like if she want to marry, she knows what to do I.e (she should come to Nigeria) .. or I tell her to write a random visiting to visit places with her and stuffs ? As I’m just 19yrs old and she’s 29.. pls gurus in the house should pls help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.