Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (128) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529961 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2019
I have. I was able to secure a date in November.
MrsBee:

Yes I have. You?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by webmaster3: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2019
mrprolifik:

Here at the American embassy in Italy payment can be made in both cash and debit card. But I am not sure about Nigeria .

Does anyone know if Debit Card can be used in Nigeria to Pay the Reciprocracy Fee instead of carrying Cash?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:05am On Sep 24, 2019
webmaster3:

Does anyone know if Debit Card can be used in Nigeria to Pay the Reciprocracy Fee instead of carrying Cash?

Cash payment.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolly22(m): 6:11pm On Sep 24, 2019
Ojoboak:
Good evening house,
I am a silent admirer of this forum and honedtly i have benefited a lot from the postings hence my decision to give back to the community.
Submitted my DS160 on July 12th and went ahead to scheduled appointment, got this week and eventually choose today.
So today i was at the Embassy as scheduled. Real problem started the moment i alighted and walk through that carpark. Hustlers of different sorts swarmed on me. I initially resisted but soon gave in, when the list of "Haa you cannot take this in, you cannot take that inside. This your passport is not acceptable, you have to take another one sharp sharp to claim your visa" I succumbed. To keep your phones and "other dangerous items like biro, flash drives, token" etc Safekeeping money is 2k. Passport that matches requirements is 2k, stapling all your documents in special order to accelerate your interview and improve your chance, anything you like give me, 1k"
Fast forward to the interview session
VO : Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO : Passport please
Me : Hands it over
VO : What are you going to do in US
Me : Conference
VO : where is the conference
Me : so so city
VO : start checking ds 160, check, check and check.
VO : what is the conference about
Me : To earn PDU for my recertification as **** professional
VO : What do you do
Me : I work as dis in that company
VO : For how long
Me : xyears
VO : Where have you travelled to outside Nigeria
Me : Have been to vvvv, ghhh, hhhh xxxxi, aaa, Ghana Just came back from x country in east Africa ehmm then Uk some years
VO : what did you go to xxxxxxx to do ( why pick that i dont know)
Me : For xyz training
VO : Do you have kids
Me : i have x kids
VO : We will be giving you VISA. Are you with the reciprocity fee of 40700naira
Me : Yes
VO : Do have have a good day( remove passport from default rejection mode, pick a copy of white form and a red one, put inside the passport, stating i will be informed by sms and email , when to pick up d visa)
Me : Thank you very much ( after collecting my passport with red paper on what to pay and white on where to pick up)

Congrats oh, I shall testify like you here by November.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Safetysmile: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
3x smiley, I would have loved to know the reason lol. It is interesting to know this can't cause refusal.
Thanks for d reply.

flourishing247:

Drop box has been cancelled so you need to book an appointment. Not using a visa is not a reason for refusal. I know someone that didn't use theirs 3X. Lol
With valid reasons tho.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:18pm On Sep 24, 2019
TheEnforcer:
If the person has misused it before,she would have been denied rightaway
It's not a hard and fast rule.
A friend overstayed and got a renewal.
There was a genuine reason for the overstay, and it made logical sense to get it set aside
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adespecial: 12:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
I went to the embassy today with my kid for my interview and was denied. The conversation was as follow -
V.O. Good morning
Me - Good morning sir
V.o - tell me where u r going and why
Me - I will be visiting Newyork city for my vacation
V.O - what do u do for a living
Me - i am a school proprietor
V.o - How mand staffs do you have
Me - mentioned
V.o - have u traveled before
Me - yes av been to south Africa
V.o - are u married
Me - yes
V.o - do u av kids
Me - yes two kids
V.o - how old is the youngest
Me - 2yes
V.o - what does yojr husband do
Me - hes a creative artist

Then he starts typing and said unfortunately you do not qualify for the visit now.

Where did i go wrong pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2019
adespecial:
I went to the embassy today with my kid for my interview and was denied. The conversation was as follow -
Then he starts typing and said unfortunately you do not qualify for the visit now.

Where did i go wrong pls
You think you did something wrong? No, I don't think so. They believe you can do the vacation somewhere else as U.S is not the only vacation spot coupled with the fact that you haven't travelled extensively. So I will advise you do this same vacation in some other country.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adespecial: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
Thats my next plan of action...infact when i told my boy the visa was denied, he said "mummy lets go to another country".... I will give the U.K a trial

Candybright:

You think you did something wrong? No, I don't think so. They believe you can do the vacation somewhere else as U.S is not the only vacation spot coupled with the fact that you haven't travelled extensively. So I will advise you do this same vacation in some other country.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
Try Dubai first before UK.

adespecial:
Thats my next plan of action...infact when i told my boy the visa was denied, he said "mummy lets go to another country".... I will give the U.K a trial

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
ysteph:
Try Dubai first before UK.

I think visiting Dubai won't be necessary as she has been to S.A. virgin passports get U.K visa with the right documents and I believe she has enough ties already

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 7:46am On Sep 26, 2019
Even Virgin Passports get US visa. However, to each his own. If she thinks the issue is travel history then S.A. Dubai. U.K. shows a better travel history for family vacation.

Candybright:

I think visiting Dubai won't be necessary as she has been to S.A. virgin passports get U.K visa with the right documents and I believe she has enough ties already

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Tchitchi: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2019
Good afternoon everyone...lol from the stories i have read am even scared of applying for visa... a friend of mine( an elderly lady and a US Citizen, am a lady too) wants to invite me to the US for few weeks and truth be told, have not left Nigeria before even to Togo grin grin...and she will be sponsoring my trip..please will my travel history be a barrier? And how do i start the proccess, she said her lawyer will send me travel petition or invitation letter, will it be of any help?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 3:57pm On Sep 26, 2019
Abeg what does this mean o a friend just sent this to me this was what they stamped her in with

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Hmmmm.......since your friend is a Nigerian it appears like the wrong stamp.
B1 or B2 should have been written.
Seyewest and co. please we need answers o....let's know what is going on.
Pepes:
Abeg what does this mean o a friend just sent this to me this was what they stamped her in with
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2019
Pepes:

Though similar, the B-1/B-2 and WB/WT categories have some important differences that should be noted: visitors in WB/WT status cannot extend their stay in the United States beyond 90 days and they may not apply within the USA for a change of status. They must also fulfill certain passport and pre-screening requirements. Please note that denial of a recent U.S. entry visa application could result in an inability to meet these requirements.
via-https://isso.ucsf.edu/immigration-visas/b-1-and-b-2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2019
You mean change status like to Permanent Residence etc?
seyewest:

Though similar, the B-1/B-2 and WB/WT categories have some important differences that should be noted: visitors in WB/WT status cannot extend their stay in the United States beyond 90 days and they may not apply within the USA for a change of status. They must also fulfill certain passport and pre-screening requirements. Please note that denial of a recent U.S. entry visa application could result in an inability to meet these requirements.
via-https://isso.ucsf.edu/immigration-visas/b-1-and-b-2
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 4:30pm On Sep 26, 2019
As it is there are two status on the passport, the WB/WT Dec 22 2019 and the B2 Mar 22 2019.
Seyewest, having given her 6 months stay why the WB/WT? What do you think?
From what i read, it appears she is a permanent resident of a Visa Waiver Country.

Pepes:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:41pm On Sep 26, 2019
ysteph:
As it is there are two status on the passport, the WB/WT Dec 22 2019 and the B2 Mar 22 2019.
From what i read, it appears she is a permanent resident of a Visa Waiver Country.

As soon as she's done with her conference or vacation, she must return to Nigeria asap...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 4:45pm On Sep 26, 2019
In my opinion, CBP made the error of stamping the WB/WT which indicates max 90 days.............The is usually for those who carry passports that enjoy visa waiver programs. He has however corrected this by stamping B2 and March 2020 which indicates 180 days instead of the initial wrong date of 22 December 2019 which indicated 90 days admittance for visa waiver programs..
ysteph:
As it is there are two status on the passport, the WB/WT Dec 22, 2019, and the B2 Mar 22 2019.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 4:46pm On Sep 26, 2019
I agree too.
ozymes:
In my opinion, CBP made the error of stamping the WB/WT which indicates max 90 days.............The is usually for those who carry passports that enjoy visa waiver programs. He has however corrected this by stamping B2 and 2020 instead of the initial 22 December 2019 which indicated 90 days admittance.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2019
ozymes:
In my opinion, CBP made the error of stamping the WB/WT which indicates max 90 days.............The is usually for those who carry passports that enjoy visa waiver programs. He has however corrected this by stamping B2 and March 2020 which indicates 180 days instead of the initial wrong date of 22 December 2019 which indicated 90 days admittance for visa waiver programs..

You maybe right, that must be the case.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mautonmentos(m): 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2019
The person in question should pull her i94 records to know how long she's stamped in for.
seyewest:

You maybe right, that must be the case.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2019
ozymes:

U are very right

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Temih18: 12:23am On Sep 27, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by promisechild(m): 5:50am On Sep 27, 2019
Temih18:
Hi everyone, i've been a silent reader of this thread for a while, I just need answers to some questions.
I'm 22yrs in my 3rd year in the University, my bf is in US, his dad is a Legal permanent resident who filed for him and he has been there since last year. We've been very close friends for 3years now but we only just started dating after he left the country and we really don't have any pictures together. He hasn't gotten his permanent resident card yet so he can't leave the country, my question is what if him or his Dad invites me over for a visit next summer during my school break and if I get letters from my school, is being a student here enough proof that I'll come back, Also since my bf isn't a permanent resident yet, what are my chances of getting a visa. Do I indicate he's my bf when we really don't have pictures together or do I say he's a close friend. What do you suggest is a better way to visit. Please I really need all the answers I can get

It boldly written in your write ups that you are highly desperate. You started dating him after he left maybe when he dey Naija he dey toast u no gree give am face as per say he don go Yankee now you accept his proposal. He never even spend 1 good year complete u want go see am. God is watching you. To be frank with u your ties can’t be proven! I will advice u to face your studies for now. That is the bitter truth.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Temih18: 7:30am On Sep 27, 2019
promisechild:

It boldly written in your write ups that you are highly desperate. You started dating him after he left maybe when he dey Naija he dey toast u no gree give am face as per say he don go Yankee now you accept his proposal. He never even spend 1 good year complete u want go see am. God is watching you. To be frank with u your ties can’t be proven! I will advice u to face your studies for now. That is the bitter truth.

Lol, this is one reason I didn't want to ask anything here, you just talk to people anyhow not knowing what exactly is behind it, must u reply without saying things that doesn't make sense?? How do u know he dey toast me and I no gree and telling me I'm desperate and saying I should focus on my studies like u are talking to a 19yr old girl, I just don't know why people on here are like this.....Mtchew
See the way he's even talking, "he never spent 1year finish....." as if u know the date he left, it's 1year and some months already, get ur facts right too b4 making any assumptions, God is watching you too, God's PA
Please and please if you don't have something sensible to say then don't even reply to this post

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 8:43am On Sep 27, 2019
Temih18:
Hi everyone, i've been a silent reader of this thread for a while, I just need answers to some questions.
I'm 22yrs in my 3rd year in the University, my bf is in US, his dad is a Legal permanent resident who filed for him and he has been there since last year. We've been very close friends for 3years now but we only just started dating after he left the country and we really don't have any pictures together. He hasn't gotten his permanent resident card yet so he can't leave the country, my question is what if him or his Dad invites me over for a visit next summer during my school break and if I get letters from my school, is being a student here enough proof that I'll come back, Also since my bf isn't a permanent resident yet, what are my chances of getting a visa. Do I indicate he's my bf when we really don't have pictures together or do I say he's a close friend. What do you suggest is a better way to visit. Please I really need all the answers I can get
Your chances of getting the visa is zero, you are still a student + no income + no solid assets / investment + with the current US stands on NIV, your chances of getting a visa is -- 1 trillion percent + the only ties you have is your educational pursuit in Nigeria which can be dumped on arrival in the US, don't waste your money, wait until after you finish your school or your boyfriend gets his papers and come back to marry you in Nigeria, otherwise securing a US visa with your current profile is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with a bathroom slippers shocked

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:02am On Sep 27, 2019
Temih18:

To be sincere no chance at all.

Your profile is too weak for US visa.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Temih18: 9:20am On Sep 27, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Your chances of getting the visa is zero, you are still a student + no income + no solid assets / investment + with the current US stands on NIV, your chances of getting a visa is -- 1 trillion percent + the only ties you have is your educational pursuit in Nigeria which can be dumped on arrival in the US, don't waste your money, wait until after you finish your school or your boyfriend gets his papers and come back to marry you in Nigeria, otherwise securing a US visa with your current profile is like telling Buhari to climb Mountain Everest with a bathroom slippers shocked

Lol, I get that jare......Tanks a lot for this reply, he's so concerned about this issue, he said it can take about 5yrs b4 he gets his green card

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Temih18: 9:21am On Sep 27, 2019
oluayebenz:

To be sincere no chance at all.

Your profile is too weak for US visa.

Thanks a lot for your reply

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2019
promisechild:

This is not proper. If people post something, it's not your place to judge them.
This is a main reason why engagement on the thread has slowed down. People just stay on the fringe because of attacks like this.
Just respond to the issue and leave her personal business alone.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.