Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530799 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AngelicBeing: 6:37am On Sep 21, 2019
lastborn19:
Good morning my people!!.. I met a woman online she’s from the USA. We have been doing the online dating thing for about 4-5 months now .. now she’s trying to write a invitation letter { will she write me as boyfriend or husband to be} . I fell like VO will be like if she want to marry, she knows what to do I.e (she should come to Nigeria) .. or I tell her to write a random visiting to visit places with her and stuffs ? As I’m just 19yrs old and she’s 29.. pls gurus in the house should pls help me out
Coughs grin

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Shotoyinbo29: 8:05am On Sep 21, 2019
good morning nairalanders, pls if I want to reapply for u.s visa, after denial initially, will I need the username and password used in filling my initial ds 160 form to fill the new one
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ojoboak(m): 11:32am On Sep 21, 2019
ayenikunle:

Congrats. Can you tell us those countries you've visited apart from Ghana and the UK?
Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Ethiopia

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Too early if she really want something serious with you then she needs to come to Nigeria first and do the normal things, if she write you an invitation and stating you as a boy friend is a big red flag and if you apply with your age going on vacation what ties do you have to Nigeria. Just chill and let her come to Nigeria then you can get married and wait for two years before she file for you. My opinion.

lastborn19:
Good morning my people!!.. I met a woman online she’s from the USA. We have been doing the online dating thing for about 4-5 months now .. now she’s trying to write a invitation letter { will she write me as boyfriend or husband to be} . I fell like VO will be like if she want to marry, she knows what to do I.e (she should come to Nigeria) .. or I tell her to write a random visiting to visit places with her and stuffs ? As I’m just 19yrs old and she’s 29.. pls gurus in the house should pls help me out

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:59am On Sep 21, 2019
lastborn19:

Are you in this for true love leading to marriage or you want to get migration papers?
That's what the VO will like to establish even if she applies and sponsors you.
The DS form has a place you can list her as your contact and sponsor of the visit to the USA. You may have her send you an invitation letter to have at the interview, though chances of it being read is low.
If you want her to visit Nigeria first before you aply is entirely up to both of you.
But I will be honest with you, the profile you painted above will not convince a VO to approve your B1/B2.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ojoboak:

Ok.

You have a very good travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by walejummy: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Ojoboak:

congrat bro, permit me to ask, is your trip to those European country a single schengen visa or its an individual visa trip. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2019
@MrsBee

Have you finally picked a date for the dropbox follow up interview?

All the best
MrsBee:
November dates are available now
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by edimalo(m): 7:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
Is reciprocity fees still being paid at Embassy?. Is it compulsory to be paid immediately at the Embassy. Asking for someone.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aderemi166: 8:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
Yes, the reciprocity fee is still being paid at the Embassy, “immediately” your Visa is approved.

edimalo:
Is reciprocity fees still being paid at Embassy?. Is it compulsory to be paid immediately at the Embassy. Asking for someone.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by danaiks(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good day nairaland
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lastborn19: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2019
fkj950ax:

Are you in this for true love leading to marriage or you want to get migration papers?
That's what the VO will like to establish even if she applies and sponsors you.
The DS form has a place you can list her as your contact and sponsor of the visit to the USA. You may have her send you an invitation letter to have at the interview, though chances of it being read is low.
If you want her to visit Nigeria first before you aply is entirely up to both of you.
But I will be honest with you, the profile you painted above will not convince a VO to approve your B1/B2.

Ok thank you for your reply ..i feel it really not going to convince the VO.... but how about if I apply for a school and she stands as my sponsor
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lastborn19: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Coughs grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ojoboak(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2019
walejummy:
congrat bro, permit me to ask, is your trip to those European country a single schengen visa or its an individual Anita trip. Thanks
It is individual
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by annikanyi(f): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2019
Congrats bro!
Was your interview in Abuja or Lagos? You mentioned a parking lot. Are there parking lots for those who are driving there so that one can keep items like phones and things not allowed in the embassy? How much does it cost to park if there is? And how Much time did you spend at the embassy before you were interviewed regarding the crowd? Thanks
Please anyone with answers to these questions can help. For Abuja specifically. Thanks

Ojoboak:
Good evening house,
I am a silent admirer of this forum and honedtly i have benefited a lot from the postings hence my decision to give back to the community.
Submitted my DS160 on July 12th and went ahead to scheduled appointment, got this week and eventually choose today.
So today i was at the Embassy as scheduled. Real problem started the moment i alighted and walk through that carpark. Hustlers of different sorts swarmed on me. I initially resisted but soon gave in, when the list of "Haa you cannot take this in, you cannot take that inside. This your passport is not acceptable, you have to take another one sharp sharp to claim your visa" I succumbed. To keep your phones and "other dangerous items like biro, flash drives, token" etc Safekeeping money is 2k. Passport that matches requirements is 2k, stapling all your documents in special order to accelerate your interview and improve your chance, anything you like give me, 1k"
Fast forward to the interview session
VO : Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO : Passport please
Me : Hands it over
VO : What are you going to do in US
Me : Conference
VO : where is the conference
Me : so so city
VO : start checking ds 160, check, check and check.
VO : what is the conference about
Me : To earn PDU for my recertification as **** professional
VO : What do you do
Me : I work as dis in that company
VO : For how long
Me : xyears
VO : Where have you travelled to outside Nigeria
Me : Have been to vvvv, ghhh, hhhh xxxxi, aaa, Ghana Just came back from x country in east Africa ehmm then Uk some years
VO : what did you go to xxxxxxx to do ( why pick that i dont know)
Me : For xyz training
VO : Do you have kids
Me : i have x kids
VO : We will be giving you VISA. Are you with the reciprocity fee of 40700naira
Me : Yes
VO : Do have have a good day( remove passport from default rejection mode, pick a copy of white form and a red one, put inside the passport, stating i will be informed by sms and email , when to pick up d visa)
Me : Thank you very much ( after collecting my passport with red paper on what to pay and white on where to pick up)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by lastborn19: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2019
emily111:
Too early if she really want something serious with you then she needs to come to Nigeria first and do the normal things, if she write you an invitation and stating you as a boy friend is a big red flag and if you apply with your age going on vacation what ties do you have to Nigeria. Just chill and let her come to Nigeria then you can get married and wait for two years before she file for you. My opinion.

Alright thank you
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by MrsBee: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
yinksob002:
@MrsBee

Have you finally picked a date for the dropbox follow up interview?

All the best

Yes I have. You?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 3:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
aderemi166:

Note that you can only reschedule twice(or cancel appointment). The receipt number may not work the third time.

It happened to me, called the embassy, sent mail got same response that I needed to purchase another receipt(pay for visa fee) at GTBank.
Kindly note.

You can REschedule just only once, not twice please

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by annikanyi(f): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please can anyone help with this?
annikanyi:
Congrats bro!
Was your interview in Abuja or Lagos? You mentioned a parking lot. Are there parking lots for those who are driving there so that one can keep items like phones and things not allowed in the embassy? How much does it cost to park if there is? And how Much time did you spend at the embassy before you were interviewed regarding the crowd? Thanks
Please anyone with answers to these questions can help. For Abuja specifically. Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 12:44am On Sep 23, 2019
So my cousin went for a renewal visa interview and was denied

Reason being as follows

Salary was less than 1000dollars ( she didnt feel the need to increase salary from 2yrs ago when she last applied and got the visa

Marital status changed from single to married( she just got married in feb )

No travel history since after the issuance of the last b1/b2 visa( note she used the visa 2ce before it expired and didnt spend more than 2 weeks on each trip)

The guy said she hasnt travelled to any other country since her last us visa was issued and he wasnt convinced she was travelling for vacation.

Visa denied.

Travel history very important, salary very impt.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bodejohn(m): 5:24am On Sep 23, 2019
giselle237:

Chai... father lord

You have watched too many episodes of "keeping it real with Adeola"
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2019
edimalo:

Thanks

Yes it's still being paid. Had my visa interview last week in Rome , though for visa renewal . It was approved and I was told to pay reciprocity fee of $110 either in cash or credit card. I paid in cash and was billed €105 euro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aderemi166: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
Okay. Thanks.

Is “earning LESS than N350,000 a red flag”?
To be precise N240,000.

For someone who is running her Business, and pay herself N240,000 (as shown in the bank statement), what do you think of this, because the salary has to be mentioned in the form?

Kindly respond House...

OmoBendel24:

You can REschedule just only once, not twice please
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pepes: 5:56pm On Sep 23, 2019
Those who picked up their passport recently I hear this is the new clause o ,a friend just picked up today and this is wat she saw stappled by her visa

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
See me see trouble.. grin grin
These guys are not playing. shocked shocked
Pepes:
Those who picked up their passport recently I hear this is the new clause o ,a friend just picked up today and this is wat she saw stappled by her visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:58pm On Sep 23, 2019
Pepes:
Those who picked up their passport recently I hear this is the new clause o ,a friend just picked up today and this is wat she saw stapled by her visa

skdfu747:

It MAY not be everyone. Maybe that friend had previous visa misuse history.

Three colleagues picked up their passports over the last two weeks, and they didn't have that stapled.

Let's see if others have this affixed to their visa
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by webmaster3: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
aderemi166:
Yes, the reciprocity fee is still being paid at the Embassy, “immediately” your Visa is approved.

Can this fee be paid with Debit card or one must pay in cash?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ggee(m): 9:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Pepes:

Correct sir. I saw it stapled to our passports as well.
But that has always been the case that you are stamped in for a determined period.

Just that it was never stated on the passport like they are doing now.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
fkj950ax:

Three colleagues picked up their passports over the last two weeks, and they didn't have that stapled.

Weighing in in support of this. Saw one collected on Friday here, nothing stapled. Well, maybe it just started today or something....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Candybright: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
Pepes:
Ghen ghen. They want to do like other embassies grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 10:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
webmaster3:

Can this fee be paid with Debit card or one must pay in cash?
Here at the American embassy in Italy payment can be made in both cash and debit card. But I am not sure about Nigeria .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 1:07am On Sep 24, 2019
fkj950ax:

If the person has misused it before,she would have been denied rightaway

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.