Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (533358 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:32am On Oct 01, 2019
Chips101:

There is a saying that goes Fortune favors the prepared. Sometimes there is luck involved but mostly preparation and understanding what your drawbacks and positives might be in the US embassy's eyes can help an applicant make a stronger case to receive a visa.

Earning over $1,000 a month (NGN357,000) probably helps. Being well travelled outside of Nigeria (in other parts of Africa, Europe) helps. Having a steady, well-paying job helps. Being part of a well-travelled family helps, having significant family ties to Nigeria helps. All of these things push the needle in your favor, but you must also remember the human factor that is your VO. Be pleasant, well-spoken, relaxed, direct, and demonstrate positive, honest, and open body language are things that help the VO look positively at an application. Above all, don't lie. The US embassy has decades worth of info on Nigerians who apply for visa. They have an idea of demographics, earnings, etc. Don't think they don't use it.

PS Just to be clear, though, lying about your income is not luck, that is just fraud.
TF u saying man.... Of ties really build up your visa then WTF arr they drnying politicians members visa..... And Why tf will they deny people like laura ikeji friends... Those peoplr habe good intentions of not to japa my moslem friends went on a visit visa since 2017 and now they have not return home common togo they have not visited...... And they are times VO doesn't ask of your income..... One crazy black VO looked at my friend in the eye and told him he can't give him visa
He never ask of document just greetings...
I agree w8th him or her us Visa is on luck... You can't go to quora or reedit and comment what u drop here frustrated people will just bash u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Taal17: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2019
Taal17:
Hello,

So I have submitted my DS 160 form and I picked my location as Lagos, I have not paid the fees yet and when I checked appointment for Lagos they are in December. Abuja dates are earlier though - can I fill and another form, submit and switch it with a location in Abuja?

My work takes me to Abuja every now and then and I'm just looking at how to get a date in October - the event I'm traveling for is in November

Anyone? Please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2019
Enick:
I will agree with you to some extent. While we try to encourage people to be truthful, blunt and build a strong profile before heading to the US embassy, it is really difficult to definite what is a strong profile and how the VO truly assess potential immigrants and visa approval in general.

I have seen lots of people with well-documented travel history, good home tie, and amazing well paying job in Nigeria denied US visa with cogent reason. In fact, many of these people will never abandon their job and stay in the US illegally. On the other hand, I know people with clear intention to escape the hardship in Nigeria who got the visa without a single travel history. A prime example is a family residing in my neighborhood. This family has not even visited Ghana, the agent gave them a fake job and duties(federal government job when in actual fact, they were petty traders), fraud bank statement and a claim of a family visit to Disney World. I was shocked when they got the visa. They sold everything they have left and traveled since last year to permanently reside in the US which was the intention from day one.

After seeing those cases above and many more, I came to the conclusion that the process lacks merit and involve a certain level of luck which ranges from poor visa officer emotion to your response to the visa officer"z question. Most importantly there is a God factor which should never be ignored.

People will continue to abuse that b1b2 visa until the US embassy finally get sense on their visa policy..... or they acquire Canada/UK system.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Enick: 10:05am On Oct 01, 2019
I agree that UK/Canada seems to have the best system and the US have to embrace the same practice. While document can be frauded as claimed by US officials, the advent of technology and thirty party agreement has made it difficult for applicants to fake bank statements. This implies that you are almost certain not to be issued a visa if your account lacks sufficient fund and any indication that you may have lodge some money for the application process. Salary payment into a verifiable account shown that such applicant works with the company and earn salaries.

With the US system, professional liers/trained actors can easily convince the VO to get his or her visa approved with zero account balance and little or no home ties because the questions are generic.

oluayebenz:

People will continue to abuse that b1b2 visa until the US embassy finally get sense on their visa policy..... or they acquire Canada/UK system.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2019
Enick:
I agree that UK/Canada seems to have the best system and the US have to embrace the same practice. While document can be frauded as claimed by US officials, the advent of technology and thirty party agreement has made it difficult for applicants to fake bank statements. This implies that you are almost certain not to be issued a visa if your account lacks sufficient fund and any indication that you may have lodge some money for the application process. Salary payment into a verifiable account shown that such applicant works with the company and earn salaries.

With the US system, professional liers/trained actors can easily convince the VO to get his or her visa approved with zero account balance and little or no home ties because the questions are generic. multiple times?

90 Percent of people getting US non immigrant visa have travel history to UK and other places where they check documents. Very few get it without travel history so they are just allowing other embassies to do the checking for them. Why check documents again when UK and Schengen states have checked them for you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 11:17am On Oct 01, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2019
Enick:

With the US system, professional liers/trained actors can easily convince the VO to get his or her visa approved with zero account balance and little or no home ties because the questions are generic.

You nailed it...... That's it
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:37am On Oct 01, 2019
helpee:
90 Percent of people getting US non immigrant visa have travel history to UK and other places where they check documents. Very few get it without travel history so they are just allowing other embassies to do the checking for them. Why check documents again when UK and Schengen states have checked them for you

Are you serious with the bolded?

Do you know Canada/UK embassy can easily denied you when renewing your Visa if they discover your account statement or your documents no more meet their requirements for visa approval
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:39am On Oct 01, 2019
Enick:
I will agree with you to some extent. While we try to encourage people to be truthful, blunt and build a strong profile before heading to the US embassy, it is really difficult to definite what is a strong profile and how the VO truly assess potential immigrants and visa approval in general.

I have seen lots of people with well-documented travel history, good home tie, and amazing well paying job in Nigeria denied US visa with cogent reason. In fact, many of these people will never abandon their job and stay in the US illegally. On the other hand, I know people with clear intention to escape the hardship in Nigeria who got the visa without a single travel history. A prime example is a family residing in my neighborhood. This family has not even visited Ghana, the agent gave them a fake job and duties(federal government job when in actual fact, they were petty traders), fraud bank statement and a claim of a family visit to Disney World. I was shocked when they got the visa. They sold everything they have left and traveled since last year to permanently reside in the US which was the intention from day one.

After seeing those cases above and many more, I came to the conclusion that the process lacks merit and involve a certain level of luck which ranges from poor visa officer emotion to your response to the visa officer"z question. Most importantly there is a God factor which should never be ignored.
Bank Statement ke? The V.O will check out the visa that took them to Disney world.... this story get as e be, probably not for U.S Visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Enick:

Physical Interview is still the best, I can falsely build my bank account for 6 months and get UK visa without even spending one kobo, but in a situation where travel history and the actual interview is major, you will have to be seriously prepared to travel extensively and be ready to answer the questions truthfully.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by prettyynx(m): 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Look i will be honest with yall , Nigeria is surely not getting better and a lot of people do not want to waste their time believing it will get better soon .i remember i have been saying "e go better" since i was in jss 2 . now i am a father of two and Nigeria only got worse . People migrating illegally is done all over the world, is it bad? YES! is it for a good cause YES. They are not traveling to wreck other countries , rather to support a country that the system works . no one is a saint , even the ones staying behind to rebuild the country have skeletons in their cupboards . Dont condemn people if youre not in their shoes .. nothing bad in telling someone seeking advice to try his luck , sebi na him get him money . Do you actually think all the people that made it in US got there legally ? you will be surprise most of them also japa ,made themselves legal there and US is celebrating them one way or the other for adding to their system .

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Babyvet: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
prettyynx:
Look i will be honest with yall , Nigeria is surely not getting better and a lot of people do not want to waste their time believing it will get better soon .i remember i have been saying "e go better" since i was in jss 2 . now i am a father of two and Nigeria only got worse . People migrating illegally is done all over the world, is it bad? YES! is it for a good cause YES. They are not traveling to wreck other countries , rather to support a country that the system works . no one is a saint , even the ones staying behind to rebuild the country have skeletons in their cupboards . Dont condemn people if youre not in their shoes .. nothing bad in telling someone seeking advice to try his luck , sebi na him get him money . Do you actually think all the people that made it in US got there legally ? you will be surprise most of them also japa ,made themselves legal there and US is celebrating them one way or the other for adding to their system .

Yes but many came in illegally and are still illegal . The US is not celebrating foreigners. Please don’t deceive yourself.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
prettyynx:

SMH....and when U.S is contaminated, we will move to another country... no be so?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by helpee(m): 1:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mroyato(m): 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
In terms of crowd control and orderliness can anyone suggest the best between the embassy in Abuja and Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sim2003: 8:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Taal17:

Do u have the answer yet? I am in your shoe now. I paid already and chose Lagos. No available date in Lagos till December. Can I schedule the appointment in Abuja.
Anyone? Please?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ozymes: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
ABV
mroyato:
In terms of crowd control and orderliness can anyone suggest the best between the embassy in Abuja and Lagos.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
mroyato:
I have not experienced Lagos, but Abuja is very orderly.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Pesuzok:

I have not experienced Lagos, but Abuja is very orderly.

Lagos is exciting, alot of stories and education as you make your way into the Embassy and during the interview session, as for Abuja, it's a bit official with a little bit of expectation but less dramatic and a very sad interview session because most of the time the V.O are not more than 3 and you will see a lot of rejection but if you have solid ''ties'' Abuja is the place to go for your interview, no beating around the bush.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:59am On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Yes but many came in illegally and are still illegal . The US is not celebrating foreigners. Please don’t deceive yourself.

How do most Nigerians get to the US illegally?

I don't want to believe that they go through the Mexico-US border illegally.

However, I do know that most Nigerians travel to the US legally with a non-immigrants visa(B1/B2 visa) but end up overstaying their legal presence past the 6 months given to them by the US CBP officers.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Stiflersammy(m): 8:56am On Oct 02, 2019
Dammilekan:
bro you are off point my sisters went to US embassy with just an invitation letter, virgin passport and no income because she just finish her nysc, she didn't take any bank akant statement along, my other sister went on church invitation instead of b1/b2 her visa category was under f1 because d other agent bleeped up, both of them where issued visa and they are living their best life.....
I don't think u follow this thread from part 3.

I just finished my Nysc too, do you mind helping with transcript of your sister?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ysteph: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2019
You are funny. You should have asked what year did that happen.
Stiflersammy:

I just finished my Nysc too, do you mind helping with transcript of your sister?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Babyvet: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

How do most Nigerians get to the US illegally?

I don't want to believe that they go through the Mexico-US border illegally.

However, I do know that most Nigerians travel to the US legally with a non-immigrants visa(B1/B2 visa) but end up overstaying their legal presence past the 6 months given to them by the US CBP officers.

Yes let my correct myself , they came in legally but end becoming out of status and still remain that way. Please act on this board like it’s easy to to come here with a non immigrant visa and adjust status and it’s not. Plus immigrants are undergoing more scrutiny under this current government .
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Yes let my correct myself , they came in legally but end becoming out of status and still remain that way. Please act on this board like it’s easy to to come here with a non immigrant visa and adjust status and it’s not. Plus immigrants are undergoing more scrutiny under this current government .

lol!...Who said so?

People are doing it quite well through marriage.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Babyvet: 3:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...Who said so?

Yes and they are many more whose paper work is stuck in immigration.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
Babyvet:

Yes and they are many more whose paper work is stuck in immigration.

huh...I guess it must be those who didn't make sure they crossed their "T" and dotted their "I" well.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...Who said so?

to migrate legally to USA....
Apart from marriage and education
It takes years for your petition to be approved
Espescially those who are over 21yrs...
Imagine waiting for 13yrs 7month for your petition to be approved and another 3 weeks for NVC to give u interview date.... Some peoole can't wait they will rather thru B1\b2 rather than migrating thru old age..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Spanishmilf:
to migrate legally to USA....
Apart from marriage and education
It takes years for your petition to be approved
Espescially those who are over 21yrs...
Imagine waiting for 13yrs 7month for your petition to be approved and another 3 weeks for NVC to give u interview date.... Some peoole can't wait they will rather thru B1\b2 rather than migrating thru old age..

I hear you...but unfortunately that's how the US wants their immigration laws to be.

Other Western Countries do not even have such immigration laws to immigrate older children above 21 years old or siblings.

People who cannot wait that long end up using the highlighted ways to migrate legally to the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 8:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I hear you...but unfortunately that's how the US wants their immigration laws to be.

Other Western Countries do not even have such immigration laws to immigrate older children above 21 years old or siblings.

People who cannot wait that long end up using the highlighted ways to migrate legally to the US.
You really do know about the Us visa /immigration process.I just laugh when i read some ignorant comments here
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by enny1000(f): 8:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
Good evening, please I really need some advise, I want to apply for a US student visa but I don't have anyone sponsoring me. I have enough money to do this by myself. I finished secondary school since 2012 and I started my own business. The question are, do I have a chance if I apply for undergraduate and without having any sponsor's bank account statement? Or perhaps visiting visa will be a better option? Someone once told me Canada would be a great idea. And yes, I haven't travelled to any country so I have a virgin passport. Your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
TheEnforcer:
You really do know about the Us visa /immigration process.I just laugh when i read some ignorant comments here

most of them are looking for ways to Japa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.