Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531376 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...that has been happening like forever.

I know of someone who the highlighted incident happened to.

However, because their father couldn't petition the green card directly for their mother one of the siblings petitioned the green card for the mother after they got their green card through the father and became US citizens.
hmm what about the ones that went through dv lottery
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
awumen:

Same experience for me, when I travelled with my whole family and inform 9jas that I met around that we are all coming back alot them were surprise but I asked why, I told them I won't abuse my visa, I have alot of travel experience,i have a good job more so I have an obligation to be honest so I have no reason to abuse the visa.i know the country is tough but some people will ever come back no matter what cos they believe in 9ja
No two ways about it.Those who have jobs and doing well might come back,but there have been some who didnt come back as well,citing the future of their children.Theres even a trend now,where middle class Nigerians put their families in the US and Canada,and he now shuttles between Nigeria and Canada or Us,depending on where they are.Its more common with the oil and gas guys.They wont leave their fantastic jobs in Nigeria,but will shuttle.Even the nollywood artistes are now doing it.Put your family there,while you pay them visits .T he airline will give them discounted tickets for their trips

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
fados4sure:
Please, my oga at the top! A friend of mine was denied US tourist/business Visa yesterday reason because he has no travel experience. Please, I want to know if he want to apply again, if he will need to pay Visa fee again?
Thanks in anticipation.

Tell him to get enough travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 4:56pm On Oct 10, 2019
hammed71:
hmm what about the ones that went through dv lottery

Huh?...which ones

DV lottery ended for Nigerians 2012...we're now in 2019.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segtak25: 5:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
mroyato:
Abuja embassy dey para. I dont think they issued visa to any single (unmarried) B1/B2 applicant today. One women even came fully and royally dressed with her crown. Won bounce mama daanu.

grin grin..

I have an appointment by december, I'm going for a rotary convention in june 2020,no travel history.
With all this denials, I'm just worried ooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
123JohnF:
And who cares about the American wife? Lied, played and used for papers, used for financial support. No Nigerian cares, they only care about themselves and how to use foreigners to bring his traditional wife and kids. And then complaining why it's so hard to get visa, why it's so hard to convince an American woman to marry him? Bad reputation goes in front of any Nigerian even before visa.

How about the American ladies that do unreal marriage and get paid for it?

They do that for any nationality not only Nigerian and get their $.

Corruption is everywhere....

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
fados4sure:
Please, my oga at the top! A friend of mine was denied US tourist/business Visa yesterday reason because he has no travel experience. Please, I want to know if he want to apply again, if he will need to pay Visa fee again?
Thanks in anticipation.

Why reapplying soon?

He was denied cos of travel history, has he work on that?

He want to waste another cash, ok o angry
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TheEnforcer: 5:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh?...which ones

Yeah that already ended in the 2014 season.I think that was when Boy Alinco migrated
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

How about the American ladies that do unreal marriage and get paid for it?

They do that for any nationality not only Nigerian and get their $.

Corruption is everywhere....

Very few Americans do that, everybody here knows it's a crime, jail and $250,000 USD fine. Only criminals and drug addicts do it for money. American law is no joke, we all know they are caught.

And what about so many honest and in love American women deceived by Nigerians? Usually a Nigerian man even have several women back in Africa and kids in several women. All lies to a foreign wife, using a human being, no compassion or care. Even here in forum nobody said any word of care about the foreign wife, it's all about poor Nigerian wife who can't get visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
123JohnF:

Very few Americans do that, everybody here knows it's a crime, jail and $250,000 USD fine. Only criminals and rug addicts do it for money. American law is no joke, we all know they are caught.

And what about so many honest and in love American women deceived by Nigerians? Usually a Nigerian man eve have several women back in Africa and kids in several women. All lies to a foreign wife, using a human being, no compassion or care. Even here in forum nobody said any word of care about the foreign wife, it's all about poor Nigerian wife who can't get visa.

Only few Nigerians also migrated to USA illegally.

Not every Nigerians as you people think.

Do you know why US has more illegal nigerians than any other country? Cos US embassy do no background check, you just need to convince the VO that u are a genuine applicant, they issued or denied on their own, I could say VO mood sometimes determine visa issued.
With fake profile, if you can composed and stand with the lies you can scale through. While genuine traveler will be bash.
Travel history? You can scale through if your profile is nice.

For the American woman, some people are just heartless, not every Nigerians does that.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 5:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh?...which ones

am talking about a friend that migrated through dv lottery and abandoned his wife
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Flytime: 5:43pm On Oct 10, 2019
seyewest:

He's talking about Letter of Invitation not what was said during the interview.
I understand, let's assume there is two of him,with the same documents purpose and so on,one was invited by a plumber,the other was invited by a military personnel,you do know they will ask you the job the person who invited you is doing and since he is going to visit his cousin who is a military personnel it's a OnePlus on his side compared to him with a plumber has the one who invited him

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

Do you know why US has more illegal nigerians than any other country? Cos US embassy do no background check, you just need to convince the VO that u are a genuine applicant, they issued or denied on their own, I could say VO mood sometimes determine visa issued.
With fake profile, if you can composed and stand with the lies you can scale through. While genuine traveler will be bash.

For the American woman, some people are just heartless, not every Nigerians does that.
I just pointed to heartless use Nigerians do to American wives yet you went to criticize more American women.
BIG DIFFERENCE, when here said with compassion about poor Nigerian wife not getting her US visa because her husband married a foreign woman for papers ans this poor Nigerian wife knows it, she is aware he is married yet goes complaining and even if her kids later petition her, she and her Nigerian husband will continue cheating and milking the American wife. Oh, poor Nigerian wife!

Yet not a word of compassion toward the American lady.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:51pm On Oct 10, 2019
123JohnF:

Very few Americans do that, everybody here knows it's a crime, jail and $250,000 USD fine. Only criminals and drug addicts do it for money. American law is no joke, we all know they are caught.

And what about so many honest and in love American women deceived by Nigerians? Usually a Nigerian man even have several women back in Africa and kids in several women. All lies to a foreign wife, using a human being, no compassion or care. Even here in forum nobody said any word of care about the foreign wife, it's all about poor Nigerian wife who can't get visa.

Hmmm....this is a very delicate topic but not really meant for this thread however since the main discussion of the thread has lead to the highlighted discussion I will just say my piece on it.

Not to sound as if I'm supporting Nigerians who do such but you have to also understand that those American women/men who got deceived by Nigerians men/women for marriage were not forced or held hostage to fall in love or get married into such a temporary marriage.

Some of those American women/men must have known either in the beginning or during the relationship that the person they were falling in love with or getting married to either wasn't a green card holder or US citizen but they still went along with the relationship.

When it was time to do the filing of the green card the American wife/husband was not forced to support with the filling and no gun was put to their heads. So yes, they did it out of their free will and if they had any doubt to such a relationship they should have not went on with the petitioning of the green card.

Either way, some American women/men have been lucky to remain married to the person who's initial plan was to use them for green card while some have not been lucky. But at the end of the day both people benefited from the marriage while it lasted. I guess.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

That's not true.

How does any Nigerian migrate to the US illegally?

Most Nigerians migrate legally to the US with a non-immigrant visa(B1/B2 or Student) or Immigrant visa(through family/spouse petition).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm....this is a very delicate topic but not really meant for this thread however since the main discussion of the thread has lead to the highlighted discussion I will just say my piece on it.

Not to sound as if I'm supporting Nigerians who do such but you have to also understand that those American women/men who got deceived by Nigerians men/women for marriage were not forced or held hostage to fall in love or get married into such a temporary marriage.

Some of those American women/men must have known either in the beginning or during the relationship that the person they were falling in love with or getting married to either wasn't a green card holder or US citizen but they still went along with the relationship.

When it was time to do the filing of the green card the American wife/husband was not forced to support with the filling and not gun was put to their heads. So yes, they did it out of their free will and if they had any doubt to such a relationship they should have not went on with the petitioning of the green card.

Either way, some American women/men have been lucky to remain married to the person who's initial plan was to use them for green card while some have not been lucky. But at the end of the day both people benefited from the marriage while it lasted. I guess.

God bless you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

How does any Nigerian migrate to the US illegally?

Most Nigerians migrate legally to the US with a non-immigrant visa(B1/B2 or Student) or Immigrant visa(through family/spouse petition).

Thanks for the clarification
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
hammed71:
am talking about a friend that migrated through dv lottery and abandoned his wife

hmmm....now that situation is rare.

I guess your friend was no longer interested in the marriage with his wife even before he left Nigeria for the US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 6:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
flourishing247:

Your mentality needs an overhaul.
Your moniker is just opposite your life
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sage7(m): 6:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by segtak25: 6:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sage7:
Hello guys,

Pardon me if this shouldn’t be here..

my wife just got her citizenship & she is about to file.

When she applied for citizenship, my middle name used was Babatunde.

On my birth certificate is Babatunde, every other document like Marriage cert, Intl passport is Tunde as middle name.

What name (Babatunde or Tunde) should she use to file or is there any other measure to be taken to remedy any conflict that might lead to delay as a result of the discrepancies in middle name??
Use the name on your passport—which is Tunde,and then go to your NPC in your local govt to get another birth certificate.

That is my little advice though. Lets others contribute.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

Why reapplying soon?

He was denied cos of travel history, has he work on that?

He want to waste another cash, ok o angry
Thanks boss
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
seyewest:

Tell him to get enough travel history.
He is thinking of going to Dubai next week to build his travel history. Will that be enough?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Flytime: 6:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

I disagree with that it's
Mexico,then;
El Salvador
Guatemala
India
Honduras
Philippines
China
Korea
Vietnam
Dominican Republic
It's in Africa that Nigeria is number one followed by ghana,if you where not in afriAf you wouldn't have said Nigeria
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

When it was time to do the filing of the green card the American wife/husband was not forced to support with the filling and no gun was put to their heads. So yes, they did it out of their free will and if they had any doubt to such a relationship they should have not went on with the petitioning of the green card.

Again, it just confirms only poor Nigerian lady who even knows about her husband marrying for papers and screw the American / foreigner being used or got lucky staying married.

Oh poor Nigerian wife loaning her own husband for years for to get her ass to America, poor Nigerian wife can't get her visa fast for to go toward her husband and milk his American wife.

Did anybody of you said a word about being poor American wife who doesn't know her husband is bringing his Nigerian wife behind her back? Did anybody here said it is wrong? No. I see everybody says it is wrong to deny visa to poor Nigerians, poor Nigerian wife who is probably fed (and her kids too) from a money the American wife makes working hard. I see, you believe Americans are not human and the Nigerian wife and her husband have the right to scam and use any foreigner.

Compassion to a poor Nigerian wife not getting a visa and nobody cares about American wife. maybe she gets lucky and he stays. Big luck the cheater will stay for to continue using her.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

Hello Seyewest... I agree with your statement saying those who want to elope to USA will keep trying, and those who have resolved to stay back and fix Nigeria should also.
The thing is there is no amount of uprightness maintained on this thread that will make people not try to elope. The easiest way to the USA is to get a B1/B2 and then abuse it.
Encouragement abounds everywhere to abuse the B1/B2. I traveled for UNGA74 and also partook in the NY Nigerian Mission Independence Day Street Parade and 90% of Nigerians there looked at me funny when I mentioned I was returning to Lagos. My friends and especially neighbors in the same estate in Nigeria where I lived were also surprised when I returned. Even the Hausa bike man (who is also a BDC agent) had told my wife he knew I would not come back.
It is not going to stop. Whether Trump gets a 2nd term or he gets impeached... VOs get smarter... visa refusal rate increases... visa fees increases...
Nigerians desire to elope is super strong, and encouragement abounds everywhere

@the bolded is about the truth, but why? Buhari sir! Got my first US visa in 2010, if it were today and with the much/little I had to bring to the table, I wouldn't even dare! Thanks to God for the personal progress we have made irrespective.

Buhari is a demon, just like the buharideens with their uprooted brains!!! Pretty angry right now

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
mroyato:
Abuja embassy dey para. I dont think they issued visa to any single (unmarried) B1/B2 applicant today. One women even came fully and royally dressed with her crown. Won bounce mama daanu.

Dem no dey vex nothing! The persons you are talking of weren't qualified, simple. People are still getting that visa wella, but I repeat, these are mostly people intent on only going to the US according to purpose and returning in one piece to their lives in Nigeria. The VOs in fact in my opinion got better, please!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
hammed71:

This wouldn't have been possible.
Didn't he list her as wife and married on his DV Application?
Or was she a girlfriend who later got abandoned? If she was a wife, then the DV would have covered her too.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=Beautyaddy post=83011215]

haha!...You're right. However, those Nigerians that keep complaining of being denied US visa because other Nigerians has been found abusing the visiting visa when given should just get over it and move on with applying to other Countries to visit if indeed their real purpose to the US was just to visit and nothing else.

[b]Do we know how many people from Countries with visa-free access to the US also abuse their visits? They are in thousands too...but you don't see the US embassy stopping other people from those same Countries visa-free access to the US.[/[/b]quote]

The distinction is in the statistics. The vast majority of visa waiver countries have an in-country overstay rate of less than 1%. Nigeria's in country overstay rate is almost 15%. However, the U.S. does not discriminate when offenders are caught. I have witnessed (at the airport) severe grilling and actual deportation of people from visa waiver countries when it is determined they are abusing the status. In addition, if visa waiver status is withdrawn, it is almost next to imposible to get a U.S. visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by BABSFREY: 7:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
Dear All,

I need your opinion. I applied for the nonimmigrant visa to the US this week and was asked to provide additional documents. The Consular officer was clear that he would have given me the visa if I had shown him the receipt of the birth of my kids, which I did not have with me at the time of the interview. I was given a white paper, and my passport was returned to me. I asked the Consular officer if I could send the scanned documents via e-mail, and he obliged me by providing the appropriate e-mail on the white paper. I have since sent the documents via email but still awaiting feedback.

To my questions: how will they get back to me? E-mail or phone? How long will it take for them to get back to me? How will they receive my passport? How will I pay the reciprocity fee?

Thank you all for all the good that you all do on here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

This wouldn't have been possible.
Didn't he list her as wife and married on his DV Application?
Or was she a girlfriend who later got abandoned? If she was a wife, then the DV would have covered her too.
He could travel alone as DV for to find a job and the place to live and never send ticket(s) for his wife and kids, he could divorce in USA if he wants and be free to marry again.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Dem no dey vex nothing! The persons you are talking of weren't qualified, simple. People are still getting that visa wella, but I repeat, these are mostly people intent on only going to the US according to purpose and returning in one peace to their lives in Nigeria. The VOs in fact in my opinion got better, please!

You are taking a big leap of faith assuming majority of the people currently getting visas have the intention of returning to Nigeria. Anectdotal evidence shows a huge increase in the number of our brothers and sisters arriving here and immediately seeking out ways to remain behind. Some are here on scouting trips to see what is possible/test the waters. This thing is a big business. There are people here that match them up with citizen husbands/wives for a huge fee to facilitate the change in status. Attorneys make big business out of it by seeking loopholes to get their clients through

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.