Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,455 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531996 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 7:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
mroyato:
Abuja embassy dey para. I dont think they issued visa to any single (unmarried) B1/B2 applicant today. One women even came fully and royally dressed with her crown. Won bounce mama daanu.

Why do people dress like that to the embassy? It doesn't sway them one bit.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
123JohnF:

He could travel alone as DV for to find a job and the place to live and never send ticket(s) for his wife and kids, he could divorce in USA if he wants and be free to marry again.

A Nigerian won DV Lottery which covers wife he listed as spouse in the application.
He them travels alone because of ticket money with divorce gist later on...
The wife family and friends will arrange ticket money in 2 days...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

A Nigerian won DV Lottery which covers wife he listed as spouse in the application.
so what? He traveled alone, it was his/ their choice, then stopped his marriage or maybe even divorced. DV is not an obligation to marriage.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

Does she have her DV visa? When he won, they should get DV visa both and travel together, they decided him traveling first. If she has her DV visa and they are still married, she can get her ticket and go and see how to fix her marriage.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

You are taking a big leap of faith assuming majority of the people currently getting visas have the intention of returning to Nigeria. Anectdotal evidence shows a huge increase in the number of our brothers and sisters arriving here and immediately seeking out ways to remain behind. Some are here on scouting trips to see what is possible/test the waters. This thing is a big business. There are people here that match them up with citizen husbands/wives for a huge fee to facilitate the change in status. Attorneys make big business out of it by seeking loopholes to get their clients through

Hmmm... I was hearing about this too but didn't believe it was really happening.

And guess who they said are some of these people who have join in the bandwagon with this move? Nollywood actors/actresses.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by hammed71(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

This wouldn't have been possible.
Didn't he list her as wife and married on his DV Application?
Or was she a girlfriend who later got abandoned? If she was a wife, then the DV would have covered her too.
I didn't know whether he listed her or not but they were married
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 8:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
fkj950ax:

This wouldn't have been possible.
Didn't he list her as wife and married on his DV Application?
Or was she a girlfriend who later got abandoned? If she was a wife, then the DV would have covered her too.

May he didn't add her to the DV application or along the paper work gathering process the relationship went south and ended.

hammed71:

Now, another question we should ask is that did they have kids together? I'm guessing may be not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
hammed71:
If she has her valid DV visa in her passport, she can travel. If she has not, it's only him, he could petition her if he wants. She has no right to claim her visa, he was the DV winner and even if he listed her, he is not obligated to bring her. They can live long distance or he is free to divorce her and marry another woman. DV is not an obligation to keep the marriage. Some abandon and travel alone, some arrive together and divorce in US.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
123JohnF:

so what? He traveled alone, it was his/ their choice, then stopped his marriage or maybe even divorced. DV is not an obligation to marriage.

Okay then...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
flourishing247:

Why do people dress like that to the embassy? It doesn't sway them one bit.

Fortunately, US Interview is a big thing for some
Unfortunately, US Interview is a big thing for some
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 10:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sage7:
Hello guys,

What name (Babatunde or Tunde) should she use to file or is there any other measure to be taken to remedy any conflict that might lead to delay as a result of the discrepancies in middle name??

You will be fine.
Just use Babatunde
Don't look for measures UNLESS WHEN THE PROCESS asks you.

Attaching extra docs to explain things only complicate matters.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 10:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm... I was hearing about this too but didn't believe it was really happening.

And guess who they said are some of these people who have join in the bandwagon with this move? Nollywood actors/actresses.

Naija no dey carry last! I have heard of well organized syndicates in Chicago, NY, Texas. Maryland, St Loius, nd a few other big cties. They will provide the citizen and an attorney and even help organize the court wedding If you don't have cash to pay, they will link you up with money lenders or pawn brokers who will pawn your assets like a car for cash. If you don't move in those circles, you will never know. Amongst other issues, this is why some of us Nigerians in the diaspora identify as Ghanians and pretend we don't know whats going on. We have worked too hard and gone too far to be associated with all the nonsense we see from our country people out here.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

Naija no dey carry last! I have heard of well organized syndicates in Chicago, NY, Texas. Maryland, St Loius, nd a few other big cties. They will provide the citizen and an attorney and even help organize the court wedding If you don't have cash to pay, they will link you up with money lenders or pawn brokers who will pawn your assets like a car for cash. If you don't move in those circles, you will never know. Amongst other issues, this is why some of us Nigerians in the diaspora identify as Ghanians and pretend we don't know whats going on. We have worked too hard and gone too far to be associated with all the nonsense we see from our country people out here.

Is the citizen and the attorney Nigerian too?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 10:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

Wow!!...Is it that serious?

Hmmm...This is what they call real arranged green card marriage business. cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:00pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Hmmm...that has been happening like forever.

I know of someone who the highlighted incident happened to.

However, because their father couldn't petition the green card directly for their mother one of the siblings petitioned the green card for the mother after they got their green card through the father and became US citizens.

Chain Migration....so many ways to beat the system but our population is actually the problem, if 20% B1/B2 visa holder stay behind that's more than 100k people compared 20% of Kenya which is around 5k ( meaning the U.S Govt focus will be on Nigeria not Kenya) reason why Ghana is making a lot of progress because they have the right population for their landmass.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Wow!!...Is it that serious?

Hmmm...This is what they call real arranged green card marriage business. cheesy

But can somebody without paper own a car or have any other asset in the US?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

Is the citizen and the attorney Nigerian too?

I don't know oh. I am not associated with anybody involved in the scheme....consulate officials are watching this thread and reporting back to Mr Trump grin I was surprised about how much personal information that naive individual shared about himself and his overstay status in his transcript. It will be very easy to trace him using that info.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
awumen:

Same experience for me, when I travelled with my whole family and inform 9jas that I met around that we are all coming back alot them were surprise but I asked why, I told them I won't abuse my visa, I have alot of travel experience,i have a good job more so I have an obligation to be honest so I have no reason to abuse the visa.i know the country is tough but some people will ever come back no matter what cos they believe in 9ja

So refreshing to hear.... God bless you, you won't regret it.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
segtak25:

grin grin..

I have an appointment by december, I'm going for a rotary convention in june 2020,no travel history.
With all this denials, I'm just worried ooo

Get correct travel history...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

Yes. To own a vehicle, you need a drivers license which can be obtained before getting out of status. Drivers licenses are under the purview of states and in fact, there are some that issue it to illegals. I believe California is one if I'm not mistaken. In addition, many people purchase vehicles and title under someone elses name due to the inability to obtain documentation.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

I don't know oh[b]. I am not associated with anybody involved in the scheme[/b]....consulate officials are watching this thread and reporting back to Mr Trump grin I was surprised about how much personal information that naive individual shared about himself and his overstay status in his transcript. It will be very easy to trace him using that info.

So how do u know is real?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
Flytime:

I understand, let's assume there is two of him,with the same documents purpose and so on,one was invited by a plumber,the other was invited by a military personnel,you do know they will ask you the job the person who invited you is doing and since he is going to visit his cousin who is a military personnel it's a OnePlus on his side compared to him with a plumber has the one who invited him

Plumber in U.S dey rake in correct money oooo... even more than 8-5 people... don't look down on that kind of job.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
oluayebenz:

Yes, people without legal stay in the US can own those things but will have to purchase them with cash or have another person with legal status buy it for them.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

How does any Nigerian migrate to the US illegally?

Most Nigerians migrate legally to the US with a non-immigrant visa(B1/B2 or Student) or Immigrant visa(through family/spouse petition).

TRUE... they usually overstay.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
fados4sure:

He is thinking of going to Dubai next week to build his travel history. Will that be enough?

Europe or Asia will be more than enough with the Dubai trip.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:24pm On Oct 10, 2019
BABSFREY:
Dear All,

I need your opinion. I applied for the nonimmigrant visa to the US this week and was asked to provide additional documents. The Consular officer was clear that he would have given me the visa if I had shown him the receipt of the birth of my kids, which I did not have with me at the time of the interview. I was given a white paper, and my passport was returned to me. I asked the Consular officer if I could send the scanned documents via e-mail, and he obliged me by providing the appropriate e-mail on the white paper. I have since sent the documents via email but still awaiting feedback.

To my questions: how will they get back to me? E-mail or phone? How long will it take for them to get back to me? How will they receive my passport? How will I pay the reciprocity fee?

Thank you all for all the good that you all do on here.

They will acknowledge receipt of your email and if your administrative processing was positive, they will send you a mail to come to the embassy to pay the N49000 and submit your passport.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
My in-law got her visa yesterday and it came with a note that said if you overstay (meaning the length approved by CBP at the airport, might be 6 months or less) your visa will be revoked.
Please let us be guided, people are still getting visa, more than enough self.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Danfoster101: 11:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Dem no dey vex nothing! The persons you are talking of weren't qualified, simple. People are still getting that visa wella, but I repeat, these are mostly people intent on only going to the US according to purpose and returning in one piece to their lives in Nigeria. The VOs in fact in my opinion got better, please!

I don't know why you give this VOs too much props...well, I guess it's just props but @mroyato is right with the observation cos as it is right now, if you're single and (or) without travel history on the B1/B2 visa application, you will be bounced. Don't waste your money. Doesn't matter if your intent are genuine or not; I know this cos I was there today with my colleague. We applied for the same visa, tho she's married but y'all know how a young man like to have his things together before settling cos he wants his kids have a better life than he'll ever have. The following background details is why @mroyatoy is right.

My company, a fully licensed IMTO in the U.S and Nigeria was to send two of us (all expenses) paid to the biggest International Money Transfer and Payment Conference in the US, Whole idea is to network and meet new partners to expand our services and demography. Let me reiterate that I'd been denied visa one time for the 2007dv lottery which I stated on my application, after which I got my degree and comfortably earning a high six figure with assurance of a secured job; so you know I'm not desperate for a US visa to settle for a meager $9/hr life. My colleague (female) married, with a travel history to Dubai & SA got approved tho; so No, you don't stand a chance if you don't have a strong home ties and travel history. Your fate has already been 100% decided if without home ties and T. History and 50% decided if you have the afformentioned.

You know you don't stand a chance when they cut you off between answering a question and asking just this 4 questions which are as follows:

1. Why are you going to the US?
4. What do you do for work?
2. Are you married?
3. Have you ever traveled out of Nigeria before?

*modified*

The reciprocity fee is still effective, note to all intending interviewee.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

You are taking a big leap of faith assuming majority of the people currently getting visas have the intention of returning to Nigeria. Anectdotal evidence shows a huge increase in the number of our brothers and sisters arriving here and immediately seeking out ways to remain behind. Some are here on scouting trips to see what is possible/test the waters. This thing is a big business. There are people here that match them up with citizen husbands/wives for a huge fee to facilitate the change in status. Attorneys make big business out of it by seeking loopholes to get their clients through

What I know for sure is that this has been going on since the late 90's, it's not new at all, the only thing that reduced it was 911, it affected a lot of U.S domestic and foreign policy, but a lot of Nigerians were denied in the 90's and early 2000's

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Mancala:

Very rampant in Nigerian churches in U.S
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Danfoster101: 11:34pm On Oct 10, 2019
seyewest:

What I know for sure is that this has been going on since the late 90's, it's not new at all, the only thing that reduced it was 911, it affected a lot of U.S domestic and foreign policy, but a lot of Nigerians were denied in the 90's and early 2000's

Well...That number just went up like inflation.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:38pm On Oct 10, 2019
Danfoster101:

Well...That number just went up like inflation.

Which was unfortunate because of a lot of bad economy decision was made by this Govt, couple with insecurity in the country.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.