Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530892 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:29am On Nov 16, 2019
Him visiting new jersey is not a RED FLAG
Him applying alone is not a RED FLAG
They are no tourist attraction in new Jersey, but newyork is 1 h 34 minFrom new jersey
He as no ties at home, forget about his business or his salary the consular have had crazy experience of people living their business to stay illegally in the state, if he apply with his wife then they have not home ties at all.
Think about it cool
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Nelson2k:
Good morning to you guys! Will be apply for US Tourist Visa ( Summer 2020 ) and also will be attending a conference too.

Am a student in south Korea and will be having 12k dollars at the time of apply. I was denied when I was in Nigeria with no travel history.

Will be applying from Here ( korea ) Any chances?

Yes you have a very good chance.

Apply in Korea

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nelson2k: 10:37am On Nov 16, 2019
oluayebenz:

Yes you have a very good chance.

Apply in Korea

Thanks�, I just hope to get it dis time
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Malevonent: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2019
babs4all:
Good afternoon all. I urgently need a help. When making appointment.
How do I answer select visa priority.
The last time I did interview with them is 2015.
Is it regular or previously refused?

Your question is a lil confusing.
If i remember correctly..while filling the form...the question is..HAVE YOU BEING DENIED VISA IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS.....
be truthful at all times..most of the questions are straight forward...without ambiguity
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2019
dgoodrich101:
Hello Gurus in the house please I just want to ask a question am confused about.

It's about the reciprocity fees which is $110, will like to know if this fees is been paid by all applicant either if you are issued a Visa or not my understand before was that it's only when you are granted the Visa after the interview that you will be asked to make the payment but an applicant I know claimed he was not granted the Visa after the interview and he still made the payment of the reciprocity fees.
That's not true...I took my mum to the embassy ..they only told her she must come into the embassy on interview day ..if granted the u pay and if not you don't have to pay... But my mum was denied visa so she didn't pay ...she cane out with the money and handed it over to me

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by overlord77: 11:44am On Nov 16, 2019
dgoodrich101:
Hello Gurus in the house please I just want to ask a question am confused about.

It's about the reciprocity fees which is $110, will like to know if this fees is been paid by all applicant either if you are issued a Visa or not my understand before was that it's only when you are granted the Visa after the interview that you will be asked to make the payment but an applicant I know claimed he was not granted the Visa after the interview and he still made the payment of the reciprocity fees.

Hold on bro, is this English or broken English.

Anyways, reciprocity fee is paid only when you are granted a visa; you don't pay if denied.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by yinksob002: 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thanks for your observation but the truth is that there is no guarantee that it would be granted if she had applied with me. Whilst I was on the queue, a young couple who have both had extensive travel history spanning US, UK, France, Holland and just got back from Canada were refused by the same VO. What excuse can we make for that considering that it was also a renewal interview like mine?

So, I feel the VOs just grant at their own discretion and no matter how hard you try, they may or may not grant it.
ultimatebas:

Nothing dey NEW JERSEY, i dey tell you. I think that was one of the RED FLAGS.
Another Red flag in my opinion.Why should a family man travel for tourism alone?The V.O might doubt his true marital status(V.Os don't care about our marriage certificates because some Nigerians are fraudulent that's why V.Os seldomly opt to see certificates) . Imagine he just got married which is suppose to be the most exciting time of marriage and he ain't going with madam. When i applied the very first time for tourism. I went with my family (wifey and baby girl) and we got it. Infact even when i renewed it was together as a family and we got it again.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
yinksob002:

VO: Where do you work and what are your roles?
Me: I work at xyz bank as a financial reporting officer and handles financial and management reporting, tax remittances, performance mgt ....

VO: That's cool. So, where do you intend to

Your last post says it all.
The discretion of the VO plays a lot.

A 2nd look at the transcript shows you are EXTREMELY EMPLOYABLE in USA.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by oluayebenz: 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2019
yinksob002:
Thanks for your observation but the truth is that there is no guarantee that it would be granted if she had applied with me. Whilst I was on the queue, a young couple who have both had extensive travel history spanning US, UK, France, Holland and just got back from Canada were refused by the same VO. What excuse can we make for that considering that it was also a renewal interview like mine?

So, I feel the VOs just grant at their own discretion and no matter how hard you try, they may or may not grant it.

That's just it........

You can reapply anytime if you wish
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by babs4all: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2019
Malevonent:

Your question is a lil confusing.
If i remember correctly..while filling the form...the question is..HAVE YOU BEING DENIED VISA IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS.....
be truthful at all times..most of the questions are straight forward...without ambiguity
I was refused in 2015. That means I can chose regular, right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2019
babs4all:

I was refused in 2015. That means I can chose regular, right?

Correct!

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2019
fkj950ax:

Your last post says it all.
The discretion of the VO plays a lot.

A 2nd look at the transcript shows you are EXTREMELY EMPLOYABLE in USA.

lmao because your 2nd look is funny
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Mancala: 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2019
yinksob002:

Coming from a country like Nigeria, one of the significant hurdles that needs to be overcome is the economics of the situation. Does it make sense that an applicant is proposing to spend a significant portion of their savings or multiple years salary on a single vacation trip? We all know what a lot of Nigerians do when they get to the U.S. They take on a job and get paid cash under the table. The VO's know this too. They also know that we also engage in trading .... bring stuff to sell or buy stuff to take home and sell. Many will not even return home.

The conference hand has also been well overplayed. You do not need to be physically present at a conference to contribute or gain knowledge from the proceedings. You can attend/contribute via skype or video conferencing. It's amusing to see an unemployed graduate applying to attend a conference that is hardy tangential to their field of study.

Finally, extensive travel history can be a red flag. Again, based on the economics, it throws up the question of hidden activities. I will not go into details grin
But before I stop, I have mentioned before that the interview process appears to be unfair. Most Nigerians leave the embassy feeling that they have not been given a fair shot. I myself have seen this, a case in point being a reknowned academic that was invited by a U.S. government agency and denied a visa, but granted when the agency interveined. If only Nigerians in the U.S. can come together and form a single political voting block like the Indians and Somalis have done. These folks influence the process in their countries by putting pressure on their members of congress. We need to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 6:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
yinksob002:

There is a likelihood that people as well travelled as this folks you just mentioned above must have put to bed in the US. And the embassy is just clamping down on those that had low medical bills. They might not be that innocent afterall.
Although i belief there is also an element of luck involved in getting the US visa. Why do you think Davido's wife Chioma put to bed in the UK while his other baby mamas delivered in the US?I am suspecting the US embassy bounced her. US embassy is not a respecter of anyone. U.S also bounced one of James Ibori's pregnant wives at one of the POEs in the US.It was in the news.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jayfierce(m): 9:10pm On Nov 16, 2019
I had a taste of Canadagate yesterday and it was embarrassing to say the least. I have traveled to Canada before, Vancouver to be precise in 2017. DW just got her canadian visa and we decided to fly Delta Air because we like the airline and our US visas are still valid.

Trouble started when we submitted our passports for check in and the agent at the counter was struggling to complete the process. He called a fellow colleague to assist him but still no headway. He then called a senior colleague and she logged in but still couldnt check us in. I overheard them saying something like Check in is blocked. O ga ju.

The lady asked that I follow her to their office and she tried to use elevated access but was still unsuccessful. She finally called Delta office in the US and they collected details of the Canadian visas and removed the block after consulting with immigration according to her.

I was annoyed. I mentioned that if I had flown KLM I would have bypassed the US and avoided this unnecessary hassle and embarrassment. The US can easily get the information they require from Canada but they rather decided on automatic block simply because the passenger is a Nigerian and the flight is Lagos-Atlanta-Toronto.

Anyway thanks to God we don reach. There's light snow but it's alright.

8 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Sweetchilli(f): 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hello all. I want to apply for a B1/B2 Visa renewal. I got a previous Visa in 2017 but I didn't use it as I got pregnant shortly after. I decided not to use it for birthing since that wasn't the initial purpose of the Visa. The Visa expired in January this year. Between January and now, I have been to the UK 3ce and Dubai 2ce.
I plan to go to New Jersey to buy the things I sell (fashion items). Is this allowed?
Urgent answers please. Thank you very much
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
yinksob002:

Sometimes Social media post may be the deciding factor in getting visa or not no matter your travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Oluwadamilare99: 1:22am On Nov 17, 2019
marychi18:
Rejoice with me. My visa renewal interview was successful this morning at the Lagos embassy. Was Scheduled for 6.45am.
Am on my way home now I will post transcript later. smiley smiley Thank you Lord.
we are still waiting o!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bodejohn(m): 3:43am On Nov 17, 2019
For those saying New Jersey is dry...Isn't the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in New Jersey or accessible through NJ?

The next best advise for US Visa applicants outside of solid ties is to fill the DS-160 form as carefully and accurately as possible.
Come to think of it...that's the only document that goes before every applicant to the embassy and in some cases stay with them for months before the applicatant even show face. I think the embassy does so much more scrutiny on that form than we know...

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Rolly22(m): 9:26am On Nov 17, 2019
AngelicBeing:
It was all part of why the National Assembly summoned the Ambassador, and it hasn't changed anything since then, make Nigerians boycott the US completely for 5 years, maybe Donald Ezego Shehu Ayo Trump will make a CNN broadcast appealing to the US embassy globally to issue visas to Nigerians, spend 20 minutes on each applicants cheesy

Lmao Ezego Trump

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2019

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:18am On Nov 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:22am On Nov 17, 2019
O

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2019
Bluefin:

Chioma was not bounced and has a valid US visa. Davido is also a US citizen and it does not matter where his child is born, they would still acquire citizenship. UK has one of the best healthcare systems in the world and most Nigerians would go there if they offered citizenship at birth. Also note that James Ibori is a sanctioned individual and wanted for Money Laundering charges in the US. I would have been surprised if his wife was granted a visa.

You are not making any sense. Why would a lady with valid U.S visa skip the U.S to give birth in the U.K that does not offer any benefit? undecided
The U.S can deny anybody including high ranking politicians. There is a high possibility that she was denied and she would defiantly not expose that fact. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 17, 2019

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 11:48am On Nov 17, 2019
Bluefin:

...educated Nigerians are very employable and hard working.

We are all just guessing and trying to piece what might have influenced VOs decision.

My 2nd look sees someone who is more of an economic migrant risk. Nigerians who apply for B1/B2 don't even think H1b route. It's not an option on the table.
You see it from the perspective of normal.
Most B1/B2 applicants aren't doing or planning normal after PoE.
The profile (not the person who shared the transcript biko. I can't fight) fits someone who can hustle temp permit based on marriage and be get a Manhattan or Wall Street job on time.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
Chioma has a lot of family in the UK and people like being around family. Regardless of where her son is born, even if it is in Nigeria, he will still be a US citizen since his Dad is one.

skdfu747:

You are not making any sense. Why would a lady with valid U.S visa skip the U.S to give birth in the U.K that does not offer any benefit? undecided
The U.S can deny anybody including high ranking politicians. There is a high possibility that she was denied and she would defiantly not expose that fact. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 17, 2019

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by chima1978: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2019
We are now arguing about Chioma, Davido's wife? lmao
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2019
groovychik:
Chioma has a lot of family in the UK and people like being around family. Regardless of where her son is born, even if it is in Nigeria, he will still be a US citizen since his Dad is one.

She was refused U.S Visa twice, probably ban.

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ultimatebas(m): 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
seyewest:

Thanks bro for clearing the air. These folks on nairaland don't know the US embassy don't give a shiit if you are a celebrity,politician, billionaire etc., they bounce at their discretion/wish. Infact the embassy might even be waiting for president Buhari and current governors to become EX to bounce them. They are mean like that. It's like the embassy VOs brag amongst themselves after close of work about the most high profile people they bounce weekly.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
seyewest:

Where did u get this info I'm curious

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.