Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,565 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (222) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531026 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 1:43pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:
Wait let me tell you. I didn't write this for your kind of input. I care less about what you say. I've had my experience and that's all. Why do you people think you know it all?

Bros relax , he never claimed to know it all but if you’re a silent reader as you have claimed , you should know rule number one before applying for a US visa is “always have travel history” . Sorry you got denied cry but I enjoyed your encounter with the kids grin Wish you good luck next time.

7 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:
Hi guys. Been a silent reader for a very long time now.

I went for my interview yesterday and got DENIED.

Scheduled Time : 6:45 am

I arrived as early as possible. Got my documents ready and was advised to take a 2x2 passport photo which was quite different from the one I came with. I was charged 2k for 6 copies though.

The time for checking in and screening came, we filed into the reception, got our international passports checked and tagged at the back with a white paper that bore our respective names and codes. We sat patiently on each seats and waited for the next move.

I got in contact with some little lovelies (kids). They're twins though. Aged 3. They came with their mom. 2 minutes later, the kids were all over me, asking my name. I told them with a smile and BOOM they started singing it. They'd prefix it with "bro" before my name. I laughed hard and every other persons kept laughing at their hilarious display. They left their mum and clung unto me throughout our stay there.

We headed into the main building for the next phase of screening. The kids didn't let go of me. I was then a father figure to them. They forgot their mom who trailed behind with a wide grin and laughter. She had no option.

Here in the big interview hall, those kids kept screaming my name "bro xxxxx". Ah! It was very loud that people kept laughing all through.

Are you their father? They asked. No, I'm not, sir, ma.

My passport and photo were collected and scanned. I waited patiently to collect it and queue on the line for biometrics. Their mom held them tightly this time for my privacy. Immediately, I withdrew from the window 6, brandishing my passport and other items, those lovelies jump on my body, screaming at the top of their voices " bro xxxx, bro xxxx, he is back".

I laughed heavily.

Time for the biometrics came, I went. Met a white lady who was very friendly on the window 1.

"Your left fingers please". She said. I placed them.

"Are you alone?". Yes.

"Are those your kids"?. I then looked back and saw those angels. They held on my thigh and was screaming my name again, saying I had left them. Then I told the white lady that they're not my kids, they came with the other lady. She laughed and asked why they were following and singing my name. I said that's how today turned out. She laughed and said "you're gonna have a hell of kids in your home". We laughed together and I went to queue in for the main interview. The babies had their biometrics done and rushed to me again.

"Uncle, are you traveling to the USA with us", they asked me. I said yes. Their mum said of course, yes. He's coming with us. They jumped up with laughter. To cut the story short, they disturbed me with series of questions that made everyone laugh out loud.

The lady on window 6 that checked out passports came out and asked " who's this uncle xxxx". The babies mum pointed at me. She approached me as said "you're a lucky man. I heard you just met them outside". I said YES. Then, she walked away.

It was my turn for the interview, I motioned the babies to join their mum. I walked to window 6 where I met a white guy.

Vo:Good morning, sir. He said
Good morning, sir.

Where are you going to?

Houston, Texas.

Why?

Vacation

What do you do?

I'm a Sales executive in ****. I explained further. And further.

Do you have a relative?

Yes. Her name is *** *** ***.

OK, have you traveled before?

No, sir. But ***

YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ************ (Here, I off). A yellow paper was tendered to me alongside my passport.

Excuse me sir, why am I not eligible, please.

He looked at me and said "You do not have a travel history.

I collected the paper and left.

And to the op that said, you shouldn't chat away, or be stringent and all. No be by muscle bro. It's by his grace and your "content".

That lady whose babies disturbed me had a valid Visa, her husband is in the US, her son is in the US too. She just came down to pick these ones to join the rest of the family. The little kids were denied too alongside a whole lot of people who has valid reasons of visiting the US.

A guy was denied too. He had been to UAE, France, Dubai, China, etc. What do you have to say about this?

There was this man that was issued a visa yesterday. He travels every month. He had been to Netherlands, USA, France China, UK, Germany, a whole lot of countries. From his statement, he was in Spain in December, UK in January, France in November. (Bros, I fear). Country no d finish for where the man dey. He was issued. He stays just weeks in each country.
yea a fine writer you are your narrative skill is top.try again another year maybe after one or two trips elsewhere.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 1:57pm On Feb 08, 2020
carnal:
yea a fine writer you are your narrative skill is top.try again another year maybe after one or two trips elsewhere.
Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 2:00pm On Feb 08, 2020
mattfeuter:

Bros relax , he never claimed to know it all but if you’re a silent reader as you have claimed , you should know rule number one before applying for a US visa is “always have travel history” . Sorry you got denied cry but I enjoyed your encounter with the kids grin Wish you good luck next time.
That's true though. A travel history is good. Not everyone has the money. Like that woman heard the last question I was asked "have you ever traveled *****"? She came outside and was asking why I hadn't traveled to Dubai or Qatar.

For my little mind, no be everybody get money o.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 2:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
SmartKitty:

[s]It's the reason they gave you visa. You are well paid in your country and not very young for to find easy a better job in US. You are welcome to visit because you won't overstay., overstaying means poverty for you in US. Also you are a female, if you marry an American in one of your trips it's more real than in case of the male visitors.[/s]

Huh. Seriously?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
carnal:

True! That person writes well. I also believe in trying to say something reasonable and being interactive during such interviews, I'm not saying "spew gibberish" though. "Straight answer, straight answer" as advocated mostly to me is pretty dry and uninteresting.

Travel history however should not and cannot be downplayed for a young applicant to the US Embassy for a visit visa, hell NO! It is almost in "the constitution" these days, please. Will advise he gets some travels in his kitty too, quality ones though. And to be honest, it is no guarantee still, an edge all the same. Better fortune next time....

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
OmoBendel24:

True! That person writes well. I also believe in trying to say something reasonable and being interactive during such interviews, I'm not saying "spew gibberish" though. @Straight answer, straight answer" as advocated mostly to me is pretty dry and uninteresting.

Travel history however should not and cannot be downplayed for a young applicant to the US Embassy for a visit visa, hell NO! It is almost in "the constitution" these days, please. Will advise he gets some travels in his kitty too, quality ones though. And it is no guarantee still, to be honest, an edge all the same. Better fortune next time....
Wow shocked
You are good write too grin

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
fkj950ax:

31 is also under 40. You can't categorically state this is the reason she got approved.

I don't think it has to do with age or gender. She was assessed as a person

She has good pay and great travel history, but if we look at it NL style, we would have said she has no strong ties, being single and no kids is the reason for refusal.

These things aren't hard and fast rule.

Her transcript for me shows a methodological person who prepared well and stayed confident.

These are my opinions.

Thank you jor! I just dey use corner eyes dey look that somebody here, what in the world was that insinuation about? It is well.... This person's case to me is clear-cut. Some persons to be honest actually think with the previous week's "ban" issues, it is game over for all Nigerian applicants per almost all categories of US visa.

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
btw 31 is over 30 and 36 and more is under 40.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 4:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:

That lady whose babies disturbed me had a valid Visa, her husband is in the US, her son is in the US too. She just came down to pick these ones to join the rest of the family. The little kids were denied too alongside a whole lot of people who has valid reasons of visiting the US.

Just curious, this mystery lady that was denied she "came down " from the USA with a visa to pick up the kids?

She living in the USA on a visa and want to immigrate with the kids on a tourist visa too?

Things they happen for naija! Lol

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Opeyemi007: 4:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
No offense, but why would anyone need an IV to visit mauritius?
Nkybaby118:
If u need maurittus I. V. Chat me up on

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
SmartKitty:

I know you wish to think she is important, Nigerians are important. Sorry, no foreigner is important in US embassy unless it's a politician needed to be here and very few exceptions. I told you in simple words how it works. Take it or leave it and go pretending your own importance to the interview.

btw 31 is over 30 and 36 and more is under 40.

Who Is this fellow ni Tori Olorun?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 4:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
Nkybaby118:
u need maurittus

And you can't even spell it correctly oh! undecided

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2020
SmartKitty:

I told you in simple words how it works. Take it or leave it...

You told me in simple words how it works...

Are you the "Smart" Consultant that wrote the US Government Handbook for Consular activities?

And you, your device, your data and a NL account gives you the right to extend an option of taking it or leaving it to the rest of us?

You are borderline delusional. It's a public forum. Even Seun doesn't turn his nose this way to people.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by carnal: 5:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Just curious, this mystery lady that was denied she "came down " from the USA with a visa to pick up the kids?

She living in the USA on a visa and want to immigrate with the kids on a tourist visa too?

was wondering too,if yes then its a big red flag,I don't think those kids will get a visa,right?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by smith042: 5:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
highvibration:
sure. how does that work?

but why not ask here so others can gain?

ok no p I am preparing for conference and I has not apply yet but with you experience I want to know what best to fill on my form and what type of visa I will apply for thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 5:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Who Is this fellow ni Tori Olorun?
grin grin grin
Smart kitty kitty
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:46pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:
That's true though. A travel history is good. Not everyone has the money. Like that woman heard the last question I was asked "have you ever traveled *****"? She came outside and was asking why I hadn't traveled to Dubai or Qatar.

For my little mind, no be everybody get money o.
why bother apply for U.S visa which is more expensive to travel to then those mentioned countries?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 7:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Things d happen for naija! Lol

Bros, things d happen o. How people come up with stories and schemes just to have their ways scares the shiiiit out of me. My own be say E NO CONCERN ME.

Another thing is, if you are scared of living, a lot of people are already living their lives. If you're afraid of doing a particular thing, people are queued up already, doing that thing and moving on to the other. This is life.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
seyewest:

why bother apply for U.S visa which is more expensive to travel to then those mentioned countries?
suggestions will be appreciated.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 7:51pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:
How about you forget Yankee for now

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 8:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
Spanishmilf:
How about you forget Yankee for now
OK, go on...
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Can you imagine? they both got U.S visa using the kids as ''ties'' the next plan is to get visa for the twin so they can all move abroad.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Spanishmilf(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:
OK, go on...
Hustle hard! hustle hard!! hustle!!! hard next time u won't go to the embassy, they will interview you at home.
Note: Hustle oooh

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
aboyaji:

get travel history... quality travel history.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
IT
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kolping: 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2020
H.R.5383 — 116th Congress (2019-2020) - New Way Forward Act
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5383/text

New Way Forward Act would make it nearly impossible to detain immigrants
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-criminals-would-be-protected-from-deportation-under-bill-aoc-and-other-house-democrats-back

At this moment there is a bill pending in Congress called the New Way Forward Act. It’s received almost no publicity, which is unfortunate as well as revealing.

The legislation is sponsored by 44 House Democrats, including Reps. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York. At roughly 4,400 words, it’s almost exactly as long as the U.S. Constitution.

Like the Constitution, this legislation is designed to create a whole new country. The bill would entirely remake our immigration system, with the explicit purpose of ensuring that criminals are able to move here, and settle here permanently, with impunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMntDFfAhQ
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 12:25am On Feb 09, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Hustle hard! hustle hard!! hustle!!! hard next time u won't go to the embassy, they will interview you at home.
Note: Hustle oooh
haha
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 7:18am On Feb 09, 2020
seyewest:

Can you imagine? they both got U.S visa using the kids as ''ties'' the next plan is to get visa for the twin so they can all move abroad.
I think this is the case. Naija can improvise for the world. There's a wide difference between a white and a Black, truly.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2020
aboyaji:
I think this is the case. Naija can improvise for the world. There's a wide difference between a white and a Black, truly.

Nawa oooo
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 2:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
seyewest:

Nawa oooo

It may not necessarily be a B1/B2 visa that they are on, else, that would be a very dumb move made. I believe strongly the situation isn't really as illustrated nor as understood here. There are several other visa category that could allow such move. I bet if it were a B1/B2 visa the other family members were holding, the woman barely would have left that building without her own visa being cancelled, barely! This is my personal take however....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.