Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,616 members, 7,809,260 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529213 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
IT
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
OmoBendel24:

It may not necessarily be a B1/B2 visa that they are on, else, that would be a very dumb move made. I believe strongly the situation isn't really as illustrated nor as understood here. There are several other visa category that could allow such move. I bet if it were a B1/B2 visa the other family members were holding, the woman barely would have left that building without her own visa being cancelled, barely! This is my personal take however....

I thought he said the dad is in U.S and you know us Nigerian, we can dare anything.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by bigbus: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
OmoBendel24:

It may not necessarily be a B1/B2 visa that they are on, else, that would be a very dumb move made. I believe strongly the situation isn't really as illustrated nor as understood here. There are several other visa category that could allow such move. I bet if it were a B1/B2 visa the other family members were holding, the woman barely would have left that building without her own visa being cancelled, barely! This is my personal take however....
My first thought too. Likely not B1/B2. But when I applied in Lagos, migrant visas applicants were interviewed on the other side of the hall. (I don't know their day to day arrangements though). On the other hand, if she had used her B1/B2 visa strictly in accordance to the purpose and duration she applied for, then it is possible the VO wouldn't cancel it. All these are conjectures: there are missing dots in the lines that only the protagonist knows.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by aboyaji(m): 5:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
bigbus:

My first thought too. Likely not B1/B2. But when I applied in Lagos, migrant visas applicants were interviewed on the other side of the hall. (I don't know their day to day arrangements though). On the other hand, if she had used her B1/B2 visa strictly in accordance to the purpose and duration she applied for, then it is possible the VO wouldn't cancel it. All these are conjectures: there are missing dots in the lines that only the protagonist knows.
OmoBendel24:

SmartKitty:

Maybe her own visa was cancelled, maybe she is married to an American and just stupid not adding her kids to her green card application and showing up asking for kids visa assuming it's automatic. Maybe her kids are in her green card paperwork but her American husband didn't apply for her kids, didn't sign the Affidavit of Support and Medical Insurance. Maybe she already divorced her American husband and she applied for to bring her kids but overlooked there is a waiting time to get visa for them. Maybe she is on a student visa soon to end. It's something she did wrong or didn't do.

Well, all we have here are assumptions. No one REALLY knows what went down with the woman. Naija can dare anything.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 1:13am On Feb 10, 2020
Permutations done start lol
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimpleDimples: 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
highvibration:
approved b1/b2. Lagos embassy. and i have to say, I couldn't have done it without this thread.

vo: where are you going to?
me: university name, town, state
vo; what are you going for?
me: i was invited to present a paper at 'university name' at 'conference name'
vo: whats that?
me; i explained the conference in more detail
vo; how long are you going for?
me: 6 days
vo: have you left nigeria before?
me: yes, been to a few countries in europe. spain, netherlands, italy. ive been across africa, morocco, mauritius, etc. I love to travel
vo: what do you do?
me; i work as a consultant on XYZ project
vo: how much do you earn
me; 850k a month
vo: are you married?
me: no
vo: any kids?
me: no
vo: tell me about your paper
me: i ramble for about 30 seconds. (he is nodding his head as if its enough abeg)
vo: i'm going to approve your visa.... (hands over pink slip)

observations/advice:
1. i wasn't asked for any documents. in my application as I was going for a conference, i selected only B1 ( i got that tip from here)
2. i prepared my questions and answers and rehearsed (nairaland tip). even yesterday i read the thread and saw a lady answered her question immediately with the name of the course, venue, state. so i updated my answers so my response will be concise (another tip from here)
3. i didnt hesitate with my answers (the benefit of rehearsing) . too many people were saying 'ehn?', meanwhile me far away could hear the questions
3. don't ramble. be confident. don't lie on your application. i've been refused over 10yrs ago and even though i didnt do biometrics, I mentioned it. (nairaland tip) LIES WILL MAKE YOU NERVOUS.
4. don't engage in chatchat with people. all that 'naija is bad/they arent giving visa's etc etc. it ruins your energy. be silent and focus on why you are there (my personal advice)
5. they were approving and refusing people. the vo i met refused a lady for student visa because the course date was in the past. he advised her to get a new i20 from the uni. he refused a mama who couldn't explain what she did there her last visit for 2mths. they aren't demons. they have their reasons for either refusals or approvals.

Good luck to all. I hope this helps.

Looks like same scripted question asked during my interview. It was for a conference.

Got my visa. Applied for B1 but the VO changed it for B1/B2. Passport returned 2 days after.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2020
SimpleDimples:

Looks like same scripted question asked during my interview. It was for a conference.
Got my visa. Applied for B1 but the VO changed it for B1/B2. Passport returned 2 days after.
VO didn't change anything, it's a standard visa writing alwayssaying B1/B2.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2020
SimpleDimples:

Congratulations dear! Attending or presenting too?

Was this your first visa?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
SimpleDimples:

I also got a B1/B2 too same format.
I will be presenting. Make me sef go feel this America whey everybody dey talk
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
highvibration:

Presenting sir. First visa oooooo
Baba too much.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

Presenting sir. First visa oooooo
Baba too much.

Nice, nice. Congratulations. Have a good trip there (and back).
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
highvibration:

Nice, nice. Congratulations. Have a good trip there (and back).

Oga I don't know about that "back " oooo

I no go lie

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2020
Hello House,
I have a B1/B2 Visa used once for a holiday, 3 weeks and back in Nigeria.
Now I have a gig Stateside that I will be paid. It will be a 5 week-long project.
Isn't that violating the terms of the B1/B2?
Is it possible to come up at renewal time?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by UhnNah: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
fkj950ax:
Hello House,
Now I have a gig Stateside that I will be paid. It will be a 5 week-long project.

Anonymously ask the embassy first if thats allowed (Play safe,just in case they want to cancel the visa! Lol) describe your situation and ask what the person should do! Then follow whatever they say!

Because i’ve seen a guy here that got a b1/b2 visa for tourism! After his visit,he went and used the visa for a clinical rotation in the US! He tried renewing the visa twice and was denied both times!

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by pheemeehan: 1:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
In response to this transcript of your post regarding the refusal of visa. I was at the embassy for interview that day. i remembered the two kids referring to him as Uncle Victor and Uncle Uche.
The woman that came with the kids couldn't be their mother based on her age and from her conversation with the VO, she was holding visa which was cancelled and asked to reapply.
I was lucky my visa was issued and waiting for pick up. however, i had my issue that day. i went with my family (my wife and one of my kids). i never noticed the error of mis-match of bar codes of my family (confirmation and appointment form) they were prevent from going in with me.
presently, i am trying to sort out that issue. sincerely don't have a clue. i have tried the contact number on home page for advise but wasn't going.
if you have any advise on this issue kindly provide, thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Beautyaddy: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
pheemeehan:
In response to this transcript of your post regarding the refusal of visa. I was at the embassy for interview that day. i remembered the two kids referring to him as Uncle Victor and Uncle Uche.
The woman that came with the kids couldn't be their mother based on her age and from her conversation with the VO, she was holding visa which was cancelled and asked to reapply.
I was lucky my visa was issued and waiting for pick up. however, i had my issue that day. i went with my family (my wife and one of my kids). i never noticed the error of mis-match of bar codes of my family (confirmation and appointment form) they were prevent from going in with me.
presently, i am trying to sort out that issue. sincerely don't have a clue. i have tried the contact number on home page for advise but wasn't going.
if you have any advise on this issue kindly provide, thanks and God bless.

hmmm...I had a feeling that was eventually going to happen to her.

Whoever advised her to take the risk to presents those kids for visa interview be it that the kids father and other siblings were already present in the US didn't do her well. undecided
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
fkj950ax:
Hello House,

You can't. It's clearly stated in the visa rules. You cannot use it for paid work.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I no go lie

Hmmm okay. Good luck.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimpleDimples: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
SmartKitty:

VO didn't change anything, it's a standard visa writing always is saying B1/B2.

I am not dumb to have said that earlier.

There is B1, B2 and B1/B2.

I applied for B1 because i didnt want to make the same mistake i made with previous Canadian visa application.

But the VO told me and i quote "I am going to change your visa application from B1 to B1/B2, so that can use it for both business and tourism".

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by SimpleDimples: 3:29pm On Feb 11, 2020
highvibration:

I am just attending. Yes it is my first US visa.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
SimpleDimples:

I applied for B1 because i didnt want to make the same mistake i made with previous Canadian visa application.

But the VO told me and i quote "I am going to change your visa application from B1 to B1/B2, so that can use it for both business and tourism".

Exactly. I was going to type the same in response.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by highvibration: 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
SimpleDimples:

I am just attending. Yes it is my first US visa.

Nice. Come back o
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Iyiolapo2010(m): 4:49pm On Feb 11, 2020
@SimpleDimples

Congratulations pls share the transcripts
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I no go lie

Someone just read this and you have simply justified the high rate of visa denial.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
highvibration:

You can't. It's clearly stated in the visa rules. You cannot use it for paid work.

It has always been clear to me.

Actually, I asked for a friend who is a wedding planner. We have asked the client to pay her from Nigeria (in USD), which is less than $10k so no need to declare cash excess to CBP.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 6:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
UhnNah:

Anonymously ask the embassy first if thats allowed (Play safe,just in case they want to cancel the visa! Lol) describe your situation and ask what the person should do! Then follow whatever they say!

Because i’ve seen a guy here that got a b1/b2 visa for tourism! After his visit,he went and used the visa for a clinical rotation in the US! He tried renewing the visa twice and was denied both times!

Thanks jare
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2020
Broadenyourhori:

Someone just read this and you have simply justified the high rate of visa denial.

Brother this waka no start with me and surely won't end with me

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 6:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
SimpleDimples:

Bros no mind that I too sabi visa professor

Smartkitty educate yourself

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/all-visa-categories.html
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
AfonjaBoston:

I no go lie
Hmmm, bad planning.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
IT

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.