Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529862 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 6:35pm On Apr 21, 2019
awumen:
@kelEMI, they need to fill ds-160 for each person,going with kids is a choice,invite can be sent to cover everyone but my concern is how that friend made it to the U.S, another concern is the travel history of your friend and if the whole family has ever traveled together?lastly tell your friend NOT to patronise any agent, las las come back here we will assist to the best our knowledge but being honest during the whole process Is key,not only for today but for future application

I believe it's actually @kelEmi in need of help not any friend but all the same they should follow your advice.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by steph0627: 10:39pm On Apr 21, 2019
MoneyMerchant:

Testimonies like the one above is what is needed here and not bantering.
May we keep testifying on this thread IJN, Amen!
Amen
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:42am On Apr 22, 2019
it's a voluntary worker permit for 3 years, But thats what I use to enter and leave the country , it's South Africa [quote author=mrprolifik post=77695777][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Pls can someone help? My friend filled his ds160 form without uploading a picture and he has already booked appointment. Is it OK for him to go to the embassy like that with 2passport photographs? Or he needs to upload the picture and how would he go about it without paying another visa fees?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by folmus: 9:37am On Apr 22, 2019
Ebalu953:
Pls can someone help? My friend filled his ds160 form without uploading a picture and he has already booked appointment. Is it OK for him to go to the embassy like that with 2passport photographs? Or he needs to upload the picture and how would he go about it without paying another visa fees?

Your friend must upload his passport otherwise he will be sent back. Tell him to upload before he submits the form. He doesn't need to pay another fee.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by folmus: 9:49am On Apr 22, 2019
seyewest:

I believe it's actually @kelEmi in need of help not any friend but all the same they should follow your advice.

Loz grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:36am On Apr 22, 2019
folmus:

Your friend must upload his passport otherwise he will be sent back. Tell him to upload before he submits the form. He doesn't need to pay another fee.

Thanks but he has already submitted the form and booked appointment. Should he fill another form?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Olandanswer: 11:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Hello guys,i have been denied US visa twice both are on conference, the last one its just last year April.Now a US citizen female friend want to send an invitation,my concern is i have applied for conference twice,one in 2014,and 2018, now that i want to apply through invitation,hope it does not look desperate of me,is it okay for me to apply? Thank you.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olandanswer:
Hello guys,i have been denied US visa twice both are on conference, the last one its just last year April.Now a US citizen female friend want to send an invitation,my concern is i have applied for conference twice,one in 2014,and 2018, now that i want to apply through invitation,hope it does not look desperate of me,is it okay for me to apply? Thank you.

The truth is nothing is stopping you from applying. What really matters is your main INTENT of travelling and it is left for the Visa officer to interview you and decide whether to approve your visa or not.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
mrprolifik:

The truth is nothing is stopping you from applying. What really matters is your main INTENT of travelling and it is left for the Visa officer to interview you and decide whether to approve your visa or not.
thanks bro, you have said it all but in my own opinion I don't think the guys is after conference
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by schicbanj: 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2019
happy holiday bosses. quick one please
I was trying to book an appointment since Friday but the page keep bouncing that NO record of my MRV number fund. was thinking the site is having issue or is the holiday. anybody experiencing this right now?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliya: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2019
They have no business with your letter of invitation. You will apply the way you applied previously and go for interview to prove your purpose of visit.
Olandanswer:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by mrprolifik: 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
saintobi009:
it's a voluntary worker permit for 3 years, But thats what I use to enter and leave the country , it's South Africa
After searching online I found out that a VOLUNTEER WORK permit which can be issued for a maximum of 3 years and allows the holder to do volunteer work in South Africa is a TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Olandanswer: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2019

Thank you very much bro,appreciate.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Olandanswer: 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
They have no business with your letter of invitation. You will apply the way you applied previously and go for interview to prove your purpose of visit.

Thank you bro.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2019
Olandanswer:
pray and focus on how to convince VO, all these invite especially female friends no de work again. According to a strong source e don cast, as we have abused it in normal 9ja level.if you must meet this people in real life, opt for a neutral country.kenya, Rwanda and etc, it worked for a childhood friend.first trip was Rwanda, next thing was u. s visa 6 months after the meeting

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Holla3110(m): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2019
Won ti Ban Werey. (They've banned the Lunatic) grin

OmoBendel24:
Okay, good we are all fine here still. Actually came to see if Afonja has brought in fireworks, he hasn’t, surprised though. Well, well! Hope he allows the house remain peaceful....

Meanwhile, the Facebook presentation by the VOs yesterday or so, any take home? I listened to it now, will listen again before the holidays are over. Newbies, please do, there should be some help there methinks.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2019
@smartkid, Good morning, please I saw your post about letter of introduction on the non immigrant thread. What does it really mean? I didn't want to ask the question there. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:39am On Apr 23, 2019
Holla3110:
Won ti Ban Werey. (They've banned the Lunatic) grin

Those aren’t nice terms to use, irrespective.

Banned ke? I doubt that. Maybe he’s just lying low for good reason, busy for nairaland too....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 8:45am On Apr 23, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Those aren’t nice terms to use, irrespective.

Banned ke? I doubt that. Maybe he’s just lying low for good reason, busy for nairaland too....
nairaland is flexible just small insult boom you are already banned
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:04am On Apr 23, 2019
flourishing247:
@smartkid, Good morning, please I saw your post about letter of introduction on the non immigrant thread. What does it really mean? I didn't want to ask the question there. Thanks

Yeah, saw that too. Strange! Wondering how correct such is though.... Like, is there a mix up somewhere or what exactly? Well, I believe it will become clearer by the time the Missions handle here responds, and as more transcripts come in here too.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:11am On Apr 23, 2019
Dammilekan:
nairaland is flexible just small insult boom you are already banned

Oh, really? That means we good be that na, the last ban I got was some “Spam-Bot Got You” ish or so in 2016 (never suspended for insulting anyone, but got posts “raptured” a couple of times). I remember vividly what I posted, was trying to use some coded code to relate with someone here, and boom (seems it was internally decoded), I was suspended a few days, got to the Mod and I was released.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chips101: 9:32am On Apr 23, 2019

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 10:39am On Apr 23, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Oh, really? That means we good be that na, the last ban I got was some “Spam-Bot Got You” ish or so in 2016 (never suspended for insulting anyone, but got posts “raptured” a couple of times). I remember vividly what I posted, was trying to use some coded code to relate with someone here, and boom (seems it was internally decoded), I was suspended a few days, got to the Mod and I was released.
they suppose to change their ban law and if someone is banned they suppose to write days, month or weeks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Teewhy29: 10:40am On Apr 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

I applied for dropbox earlier this month. I have tried to track my passport on the cgi website but the status has changed from 'your passport is with the consulate' to 'document delivery information'. I try to click on the tab but it does not open. I also tried to check on ustraveldocs website and that has also changed from 'your passport is with the consulate' to 'There is no status update available for the passport number submitted'. I have not received any email or any other communication regarding my application.

What does this mean? How do i know for sure where my passport is?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Holla3110(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2019
Please I know this is not the right thread and Nigerians are not eligible to participate in America DV visa lottery but I will like to ask if a Nigerian can participate when married to a foreign wife, is it possible for the wife to apply as the principal applicant when the husband is still carrying a Nigerian passport? @omobendel and Seyewest and any other Guru should kindly advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 10:48am On Apr 23, 2019
Teewhy29:
Hello everyone,

I applied for dropbox earlier this month. I have tried to track my passport on the cgi website but the status has changed from 'your passport is with the consulate' to 'document delivery information'. I try to click on the tab but it does not open. I also tried to check on ustraveldocs website and that has also changed from 'your passport is with the consulate' to 'There is no status update available for the passport number submitted'. I have not received any email or any other communication regarding my application.

Check your application status here first

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

They very likely are done with your application already; ISSUED, REFUSED or on ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING. You should get a message and or your passport soon. If neither happens, kindly visit the DHL office you picked for your return to check if they have returned your passport.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by soleexx(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2019
My question is simple..pls I will like to apply for US visit..I have a uncle, dad, sis living and working in the US..what's my chances obtaining my Visa and how do I go about it...God Bless
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 11:38am On Apr 23, 2019
soleexx:
My question is simple..pls I will like to apply for US visit..I have a uncle, dad, sis living and working in the US..what's my chances obtaining my Visa and how do I go about it...God Bless
if u are under 21 and your dad is a citizen or a permanent resident the best way is that they should petition for you, but if it USA visit u wan do the v.o will ask u on what visa category Did your dad and siblings used to travel out and u tell them b1/b2 then your chances are slim
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2019
Teewhy29:
Hello everyone,

there's no difference between cgi website and ustraveldocs website... track your application through CEAC website to know the true position of your application.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2019
So I promised to enlighten others when I figure this out. If you need to change anything or upload your passport photograph (very compulsory) on your ds160 form, just go to the website, put in your details then click fill another form. All your details will automatically go to this new form. Change all you want to then submit. A confirmation page will be sent to you with a new ds160 confirmation number. Now go to where you schedule appointment and update this number carefully and save then go to print appointment confirmation n click printable version (check the number under the barcode to make sure it tallies with the new ds160 confirmation number. Make sure you go with the new ds160 appointment page and confirmation page. As easy as ABC! You don't need to pay another fees! Cheers! Note: Any update must be done like a week before your appointment if not you would be sent back!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.