Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530276 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by NothingDoMe: 5:31pm On Apr 25, 2019
Chips101:

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/publications/19_0417_fy18-entry-and-exit-overstay-report.pdf

19.7k overstayed in 2017 vs 29.7k in 2018 (suspected). More Nigerians are staying behind. 10k difference is a lot.
shocked shocked
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by dadasupremacy(m): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Please really know why I was denied last two weeks,my brother is a us citizen with two kids.he got an invitation letter from his school for me for his convocation

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 6:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
dadasupremacy:
Please really know why I was denied last two weeks,my brother is a us citizen with two kids.he got an invitation letter from his school for me for his convocation

The VO was quite patient with you, can you type your full transcript here. Did I just see this?

Interviewer: what are you going to do in the US?
You: invitation

You answered so many questions poorly.

Did you go through parts 1 to 3?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
My interview is August 27th. It's so far
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
kuljiyke:
I am going back to reapply but the appointment date is far August 7

Abuja or lagos?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 9:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
ayenikunle:

The VO was quite patient with you, can you type your full transcript here. Did I just see this?

You get time.....
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 9:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
seyewest:

You get time.....
grin cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
So just wise you won’t punish this person for calling another a lunatic..pls do the necessary
Holla3110:
Won ti Ban Werey. (They've banned the Lunatic) grin

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 11:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
MrTraxSta:

Thanks bro.
I will try and follow suit. Just to be clear:
So your advice is to get the whole family a UK Visa.
Do a family trip to Dubai. (Hope the family trip does not have to be UK as well?)
Let my wife and child try again on their own.
trip will be Dubai, U. K visa just on kpali as support
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Unrated900(m): 12:02am On Apr 26, 2019
[quote author=dadasupremacy post=77851475]Please really know why I was denied last two weeks,my brother is a us citizen with two kids.he got an invitation letter from his school for me for his convocation [/quote

Dont let anyone tells you that your answers were slow

Forget it you tried.

That's how to answer them,they dont like it when you are too fast in answering questions.

They don't like it also when they didn't asked you something and you answered.

You did great

Try some other time

Also I for•see that they didnt granted you the visa because you didn't demonstrated any strong tiles that you would return to Nigerian.

Email me I will give you tips.I was there and was granted.

Also they like you to be your self.

No too much dressings
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ddwears: 2:17am On Apr 26, 2019
Good day guys!!
My interview is on 25/04/2019, but the seminar I should attend was canceled till July 15th...
And have fill the needed information and book my interview date...
I was on able to go for the interview...
My questions is this.
▶️ Can I still use the visa payment or book another interview date?
▶️ Or am I going to pay another visa fees ?
▶️ Am I going to start all afresh?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:27am On Apr 26, 2019
The way you answered the questions doesn’t show you have good ties to the country. They felt you want to runaway. Try again next time
dadasupremacy:
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chips101: 5:43am On Apr 26, 2019
dadasupremacy:

How long has your brother been in the US? On what kind of visa did he initially travel to the States (B1/B2, F1, K1 etc)?

Your refusal may have to do with your brother's status as well
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Profitboss(m): 5:58am On Apr 26, 2019
Its possible but the Nigerians wont be the pry applicant, but only the foreigner (if his or her country is still permitted apply tho),that way they only have one chance (such as the spouse entry alone)
Holla3110:
Please I know this is not the right thread and Nigerians are not eligible to participate in America DV visa lottery but I will like to ask if a Nigerian can participate when married to a foreign wife, is it possible for the wife to apply as the principal applicant when the husband is still carrying a Nigerian passport? @omobendel and Seyewest and any other Guru should kindly advise.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by groovychik(f): 8:50am On Apr 26, 2019
Agent alert

[quote author=Unrated900 post=77860017][/quote]
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:03am On Apr 26, 2019
Unrated900:
You did great

Try some other time

Also I for•see that they didnt granted you the visa because you didn't demonstrated any strong tiles that you would return to Nigerian.

Email me I will give you tips.I was there and was granted

@the bolded, for your mind now oh! Abi? Pet am enter private chatting na, you hear? What stops you from advising openly now that you have praised him openly? Oh, you only want to bait him....

Meanwhile, what positives do you really see in his transcript so far that outweighs the negatives?

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2019
Sasorah:

Abuja or lagos?
Lagos, I will book for emergency date that will make it next month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 9:36am On Apr 26, 2019
Ddwears:
Good day guys!!
My interview is on 25/04/2019, but the seminar I should attend was canceled till July 15th...
And have fill the needed information and book my interview date...
I was on able to go for the interview...
My questions is this.
▶️ Can I still use the visa payment or book another interview date?
▶️ Or am I going to pay another visa fees ?
▶️ Am I going to start all afresh?
When I was there In Abuja embassy I saw a woman with yesterday appointment and they allowed her to be interview
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 10:00am On Apr 26, 2019
ayenikunle:

what are u saying
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 11:13am On Apr 26, 2019
I'm one of the "silent readers".

I know the purpose of this group is to help with the visa process and that's a good thing but for some reason anytime I apply for a visa I come on the group and freak myself out with all the denial stories.

Anyways I applied for drop box on the 9th of April, was too scared to track because of the "221g" section i'd been reading about. I got an email yesterday 25th April that my passport had been collected from the embassy, went to pick up my passport today 26th and thankfully I got the visa.

Note to self: Stay away from nairaland after applying for your visas and avoid heart palpitations.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Boller: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2019
Ebalu953:
Pls can someone help? My friend filled his ds160 form without uploading a picture and he has already booked appointment. Is it OK for him to go to the embassy like that with 2passport photographs? Or he needs to upload the picture and how would he go about it without paying another visa fees?

You can retrieve your DS160 if you have not submitted but if he has submitted you can feel another DS160 with his picture upload then replace your new DS160 with new one. It has happen to me and that what i did but if you doubt call embassy call center they tell you samething.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 12:03pm On Apr 26, 2019
Arbitrix:

I know the purpose of this group is to help with the visa process and that's a good thing but for some reason anytime I apply for a visa I come on the group and freak myself out with all the denial stories.

Anyways I applied for drop box on the 9th of April, was too scared to track because of the "221g" section i'd been reading about. I got an email yesterday 25th April that my passport had been collected from the embassy, went to pick up my passport today 26th and thankfully I got the visa.

Note to self: Stay away from nairaland after applying for your visas and avoid heart palpitations.
u renewed your visa you didn't went for visa interview there is no bad energy anywhere
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Arbitrix: 12:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dammilekan:
u renewed your visa you didn't went for visa interview there is no bad energy anywhere

I haven't said anything about bad energy. I am simply saying that it is very easy to lose confidence about your chances for a visa when you read about all the negative outcomes.

Besides, submitting your passport via drop box does not guarantee you a visa, you could still be denied or called in for an interview. We've been reading the stories.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Dammilekan(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Arbitrix:

I haven't said anything about bad energy. I am simply saying that it is very easy to lose confidence about your chances for a visa when you read about all the negative outcomes.

Besides, submitting your passport via drop box does not guarantee you a visa, you could still be denied or called in for an interview. We've been reading the stories.
grin
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cris83: 2:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
Arbitrix:

It's OK. Myself and mother got 221g for interview in June. Counting down the days gradually. Congrats on getting yours though..
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Startup00: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello sirs/ma, My parents and I got an invitation from my sister for her convocation ceremony. My dad is a retired banker(now a successful business man) and my mum is a senior Nurse at a government hospital. I have just graduated from University and intend going for my NYSC later this year. Our interview is coming up soon and I will love to know which documents my parents should bring along and myself.
Note: I have two other sibling living here in Nigeria who are not travelling with us.
I will be grateful to hear from you all. Thanks �

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 7:52pm On Apr 26, 2019
Startup00:
Hello sirs/ma, My parents and I got an invitation from my sister for her convocation ceremony. My dad is a retired banker(now a successful business man) and my mum is a senior Nurse at a government hospital. I have just graduated from University and intend going for my NYSC later this year. Our interview is coming up soon and I will love to know which documents my parents should bring along and myself.
Note: I have two other sibling living here in Nigeria who are not travelling with us.
I will be grateful to hear from you all. Thanks �

International Passport
DS160 Confirmation page
Appointment Page
Visa receipts

Do you guys have good enough travel history and what other ''ties'' do you have?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Good evening all, please I have completed the Ds160 form for my dad and my kid brother set to travel in July. When I wanted to book for appointment, the earliest date I got was September 5th. Please what do I do?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by ayenikunle: 8:26pm On Apr 26, 2019
Arbitrix:

I know the purpose of this group is to help with the visa process and that's a good

Congrats, nice one!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Gentlevictor(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hello house, please i need a help with interview date
I am supposed to attend my sister's graduation ceremony with my mom at Ball state university on 20th July. I applied for visa but the only available interview date is 5th September.
I need help please
Gentlevictor66@gmail.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
Keep checking, earlier dates might open especially in abuja
Gentlevictor:
Hello house, please i need a help with interview date
I am supposed to attend my sister's graduation ceremony with my mom at Ball state university on 20th July. I applied for visa but the only available interview date is 5th September.
I need help please
Gentlevictor66@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Startup00: 10:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
seyewest:

International Passport
DS160 Confirmation page
Appointment Page
Visa receipts

Do you guys have good enough travel history and what other ''ties'' do you have?
I studied in an African country. My parents have not travelled out before. The only ties we have is my two siblings who are here. My parents are almost 60years old and they have a thriving business here. My mom is a nurse who will retire soon. We do not intend to over stay our visa though. Can my dad go with his company statement of Account and documents?

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.