Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (530975 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 1:26am On May 17, 2019
fkj950ax:

Even the original occupant of 1600 in D.C doesn't sound this way.
Did you write the Dept of State VOs and/or DEA's playbook?
Calm TFD... It's not in your purview to determine who lives or visits USA.
Also, stop the abusive language. You are crossing into cyber bullying.
LOOOOL! Who knows?

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2019
123JohnF:

LOOOOL! Who knows?

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ken4agent(m): 9:02am On May 17, 2019
awumen:
@kelEMI, they need to fill ds-160 for each person,going with kids is a choice,invite can be sent to cover everyone but my concern is how that friend made it to the U.S, another concern is the travel history of your friend and if the whole family has ever traveled together?lastly tell your friend NOT to patronise any agent, las las come back here we will assist to the best our knowledge but being honest during the whole process Is key,not only for today but for future application

Good day, great job u guys doing on this platform
Pls I need response to the below Q's
1. I have a close friend who is interested in inviting me to the us. I work here in Niaja and also have my private Biz I do. Would you advise I apply for visiting, vacation or tour visa

2. My company also ready to sponsor my further study in us. Do i stand more chance to apply to study abroad?

3. Pls if am to apply to visiting or vacation visa, what are the requirement and will I stand more chance if I go with wife or alone

4. If my company is to sponsor my study abroad what are needed document?

I will so much appreciate your response to these Qs
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ken4agent(m): 9:16am On May 17, 2019
1. I have a close friend who is interested in inviting me to the us. I work here in Niaja and also have my private Biz I do. Would you advise I apply for visiting, vacation or tour visa. My friend in the US is citizen, Has his Company there and leaves there legit

2. My company also ready to sponsor my further study in us. Do i stand more chance to apply to study abroad?

3. Pls if am to apply to visiting or vacation visa, what are the requirement and will I stand more chance if I go with wife or alone

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by awumen: 10:05am On May 17, 2019
Ken4agent:

1. I have a close friend who is interested in inviting me to the us. I work here in Niaja and also have my private Biz I do. Would you advise I apply for visiting, vacation or tour visa
Answer- tour or vacation visa are same,its called b1/b2.you can apply for these category. Invitation is not a must but your friend can still send it.

Answer-at the same time sponsor visit visa?depending on your plans choose which one you desire most.

Answer-you have a good ties, do you have children?this will be your choice.read thread 1,2 and 3 to get more info on requirements

Answer-read thread 1-3 to get more info

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Bracha: 10:25am On May 17, 2019
This stats is crazy and also refreshing. Countries whose citizens you expect to enter and exit as at when due - UK, Canada, Germany, China, etc - are the ones even overstaying. Wow!

Kolping:
Well...one of the highest.

Nearly two-thirds of the overstays (64 percent) were by citizens of 15 countries, which are listed in Table 2.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by customised87: 11:37am On May 17, 2019
kaad:
Hi guys, just to gather as much info as possible (i have read through the thread)

Myself, hubby and 2 year old son will be attending husband's cousin wedding (legit US Citizen) in late June at florida.

we have filled out the DS-160 form and have also picked an interview date for June 10

we are applying from the UK where I'm currently a PhD student, prior to travelling to the UK 7 months ago for study, we all do not have any travel history.

while filling the forms, we stated that the person getting married is sponsoring the trip and we intend to be in the US for 2weeks to also view some tourist attractions.

In order to A's our interview,

1. with the above claim, which is the whole truth, what are our chances?
2. is it okay for her to be the sponsor? if it is what other document do we need from her aside from the invite? If it is not, how do we correct that on the already submitted application
3. Lastly, from our end what documents do we need to go with?

Many Thanks.

The bolded may work against you

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by jazzy(f): 11:54am On May 17, 2019
Dear Ken4agent, i m going to be real with you, first all your questions have undertones of a migrant intent, but i will humor you and try and respond to the best of my knowledge.

1. Vo's typically do not look at invites, very rarely, so an invitation to the US by your US citizen friend may not exactly hold water especially with the trend of high refusals. If you insist on applying however you re looking at a B1/B2 (tourist visa)
2. Which one exactly do you want to do? go visiting or go to school? if its school, apply to schools, write the proper exams, get admission and just maybe you may get a visa, but your coy sponsoring your studies is a bit overused, except your'e an academic. Some Uni's sponsor their staff.
3. If you go through this thread, you will understand the requirements needed for a Visa application,Most importantly fill your DS160 and Book an appointment.
4. Again get the admission first.

I hope this helps.
Xoxo..

Ken4agent:
1. I have a close friend who is interested in inviting me to the us. I work here in Niaja and also have my private Biz I do. Would you advise I apply for visiting, vacation or tour visa. My friend in the US is citizen, Has his Company there and leaves there legit

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2019
Ken4agent:

Do you plan to work and live in U.S? Let us know so we can assist you properly.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Ken4agent(m): 1:56pm On May 17, 2019
jazzy:
Dear Ken4agent, i m going to be real with you, first all your questions have undertones of a non-immigrant intent, but i will humor you and try and respond to the best of my knowledge.

1. Vo's typically do not look at invites, very rarely, so an invitation to the US by your US citizen friend may not exactly hold water especially with the trend of high refusals. If you insist on applying however you re looking at a B1/B2 (tourist visa)
2. Which one exactly do you want to do? go visiting or go to school? if its school, apply to schools, write the proper exams, get admission and just maybe you may get a visa, but your coy sponsoring your studies is a bit overused, except your'e an academic. Some Uni's sponsor their staff.
3. If you go through this thread, you will understand the requirements needed for a Visa application,Most importantly fill your DS160 and Book an appointment.
4. Again get the admission first.

I hope this helps.
Xoxo..

Dear jazzy
I very much appreciate your response and that of all those who responded . It was helpful. Info is most times what we need to make informed decisions. Base on this I will like to have a private online exchange of info with u as some issues u raised on your response not so clear.....I need more clarifications pls

Can u be kind to send me email on: kenfarm2020 @gmail.com
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by filanid: 2:00pm On May 17, 2019
Hi again house,

Thank you for all your responses.
I am getting married in July and she is my only sister and maid of honor.
She was denied visa last year March for no good reason:she wanted to come for our brother's graduation.
Do you think they will ask her what has changed since her last appilication.
Forward to present: her interview is next week. Can you please criticize this transcript. How can she show more ties in Nigeria. She is for sure coming back to school.

I migrated to the US via F1 (student) visa and i work now, none of us moved to the US with visiting visa.
Will she showing property documents, a letter from me, her supervisor and parents help her case?

VO: your passport
Me: passed to him/her
VO: which state are you going?
Me: Indiana
VO: what are you going there for?
Me: My only sister is getting married in July
VO: How long are you going stay?
Me: three weeks
VO: are you married?
Me: No
VO: what do you do now?
Me: I am in final year at Redeemed University, I will be returning to complete my final year project, here is a letter from my Dean and Supervisor.
VO: Who is sponsoring your trip
Me: My parents, who are also coming the wedding from Nigera. They have visas.
VO: Have you traveled within the past 5yrs
Me: Yes, Togo and Ghana
VO: do you have any relative in US?
VO: Yes. my sister who workings at ABC.

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2019
filanid:
Hi again house,

Thank you for all your responses.
I am getting married in July and she is my only sister and maid of honor.
She was denied visa last year March for no good reason:she wanted to come for our brother's graduation.
Do you think they will ask her what has changed since her last appilication.
Forward to present: her interview is next week. Can you please criticize this transcript. How can she show more ties in Nigeria. She is for sure coming back to school.

I migrated to the US via F1 (student) visa and i work now, none of us moved to the US with visiting visa.
Will she showing property documents, a letter from me, her supervisor and parents help her case?

VO: your passport
Me: passed to him/her
VO: which state are you going?
Me: Indiana
VO: what are you going there for?
Me: My only sister is getting married in July
VO: How long are you going stay?
Me: three weeks
VO: are you married?
Me: No
VO: what do you do now?
Me: I am in final year at Redeemed University, I will be returning to complete my final year project, here is a letter from my Dean and Supervisor.
VO: Who is sponsoring your trip
Me: My parents, who are also coming the wedding from Nigera. They have visas.
VO: Have you traveled within the past 5yrs
Me: Yes, Togo and Ghana
VO: do you have any relative in US?
VO: Yes. my sister who workings at ABC.

Thanks

Remove "Here is my letter from Dean..." The VO won't look at it.

Instead of stating ahead you will return for project without being asked. I suggest you say "I am a student at RU and will graduate May 2019/March 2020. Currently working on my final thesis"

My parents are sponsoring the trip. We intend to go for the wedding as a family. Let the VO ask for their Visa.

My 2Cents

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by filanid: 4:05pm On May 17, 2019
fkj950ax, thanks a lot for your first response.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kolping: 5:36pm On May 17, 2019
A lot of people in the world wants to be in America, despite what is said in the news.

Bracha:
This stats is crazy and also refreshing. Countries whose citizens you expect to enter and exit as at when due - UK, Canada, Germany, China, etc - are the ones even overstaying. Wow!

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 5:41pm On May 17, 2019
Phemorinho:
Good evening house,
Please I made a mistake while filling ds160 for my dad and my kid brother . their place of birth is different from what is on the passport, and I've scheduled interview for them for sept23. I hope this can't pose a problem for entrance for the interview?
Please epp me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by adosjun(m): 7:01pm On May 17, 2019
Good evening house,

I would love to know our chances

Married
Husband- 7years experience salary ( 5*****) monthly
Wife. - 5years experience salary (295,000) monthly

No traveling history
Husband denied while single in 2014 and salary low

Scheduled for vacation in July.

Please advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 17, 2019
Phemorinho:

Please epp me

My dear don't panic just fill another form carefully following these steps in that attached pic

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 7:21pm On May 17, 2019
adosjun:
Good evening house,

Married

No traveling history

Please advise

Chances are slim. I did the math, you make max $2500/month between the two of you. How do you convince a VO that you intend to spend the equivalent of two months salary (include costs of flight tickets) for a few weeks vacation and return to Nigeria?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by cydophobia(m): 7:37pm On May 17, 2019
But most of the conference are being sponsored by employers or who is in best position to take responsibility of attending a conference.
Please shed more light on this.
Thanks.
TWoods:

The VO did not buy your conference. How is this tied to your job? Why would your employer spend money to send you to attend an expo? Those things need to be clear.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:04pm On May 17, 2019
adosjun:
Good evening house,

Married

No traveling history

Please advise

Find somewhere else.... don't waste your money, getting U.S without strong ties is almost impossible now... try UK/Europe/Japan or South Korea.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2019
cydophobia:
But most of the conference are being sponsored by employers or who is in best position to take responsibility of attending a conference.
Thanks.

The Conference must make sense and your company must have been sending you on such conference to another country.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2019
Ebalu953:

My dear don't panic just fill another form carefully following these steps in that attached pic
You're a life saver
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Chukwuka16: 9:28pm On May 17, 2019
Permit me house to add to the growing debate surrounding this US visa issue.

The fact is that we Nigerians do not like people telling us the truth. Sincerely, I also battle at times with the truth. However, the truth is that Nigerians are abusers of systems. Everywhere you interact with some Nigerians in the “abroad”, you find out that they have thrived on abuse of the system – cutting corners, gaming the system, employing theatrics etc. The situation is even compounded in religious centres! However, we are mostly very short-sighted people who assume that the white-man is a fool. Unbeknown to us, these guys have a system in place that works best with information. During such lengthy periods when we embarrass ourselves and abuse the system, these guys are gathering sufficient data about us, our personality and modus operandi to enable them evolve a robust approach that can keep us firmly in check. This data is also useful in assisting them draft related policies on funding/assistance/aids, conflict resolution and rules of engagement.

Why should Nigerians come on visits in the abroad and end up as overstayers or even work or enjoy some form of benefits? There is no excuse (except health and threat to life) that should warrant that. It cost taxpayers money to maintain these facilities. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad enter trains without paying and be moving from coach to coach to avoid the ticket master. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad to give birth without planning adequately for the trip? What is my business that you are coming to the abroad, did I invite you? Go and rent a hotel and pay your bills? We carry our planless nature to the abroad and hope to inconvenience others simply because we are “Nigerians”? If I didn’t plan, I would be sleeping out on the streets.

Of course, people will come out and start screaming “is it not because you are there?” And so what? Did I spiral myself here?

Again, I still wonder what goes on in the minds of people when they apply for visas. How can you be earning 200k-500K/month and apply for a US visa to spend 2 weeks for vacation in New York for instance and you are self-sponsored in 2019!? Haba, fear God na. Let me break it down for you.

Visa fee: 58K
Flight (return): 400k
Accommodation (10 nights): 600k + 180k-200k (refundable caution deposit)
Feeding: 180k ($50/day) – could be more
Internal transport: 18k (assume bus all through) – could be more
Exchange conversion fees (from card swipes if you don’t have a US bank card): 4k
Total: 1,440,000 (with 180k refunded on check out). Conservatively estimated.

This means that you want to spend 3-7 months’ salary for just 2 weeks’ vacation and expect the VO to be convinced? What about your rent, feeding, mobility, clothing, health insurance, car and vehicle insurance and leisure when you return to Nigeria?

See, in times past (before, before), it wouldn’t mean anything saving up for that, but hey times have changed. If that money isn’t a fraction of your month’s salary or 2 months, the VO will need a lot of reassurances or evidence of strong ties in Nigeria before granting that visa (especially when self-funded).

Again, those methods of using conferences/workshops to travel to the USA don cast. In fact, recently our lab was advised to send its delegates to the London version of a workshop rather than wasting resources travelling to the US. I couldn’t laugh. The organisers didn’t want to offer academic rebate. This was a legitimate workshop integral to a current project and timeous considering our timetable. However, a couple of the delegates were Nigerians and so the usual.

See, time for travel will come. It may take time, but if we continue with our current attitude, things go spoil so tey e go hard to repair. The hustle is real, I know, but we are the very cause of the current problems. If we are not careful, our case go be like China where their citizens are always put on administrative processing that can take as long as 60 days! My Chinese colleagues at work are not finding this funny.

When next people come online and talk about how they gamed the system in the abroad and you support them or rationalise their actions, just remember that the consequences are simply front-loaded and will be dire. Next time call them out. Embarrass them, shame them. You don’t have to report them but let them know that they are a SHAME and avoid them. If we don’t start calling out these disgraceful humans spoiling our reputation in the abroad, they will continue to make travel possibilities difficult for you and I.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 10:39pm On May 17, 2019
cydophobia:
Thanks.

Because Nigerians have abused it, simple.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 10:47pm On May 17, 2019
Ebalu953:

Fill another form or retrieve application?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 17, 2019
Phemorinho:

Fill another form or retrieve application?

Kindly refer to the previous chats and attached pics before jumping into conclusions. Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by emily111: 12:43am On May 18, 2019
Kudos to you bro, you said it all and hit the points. The truth is bitter they would never agree with you.
Chukwuka16:

The fact is that we Nigerians do not like people telling us the truth. Sincerely, I also battle at times with the truth. However, the truth is that Nigerians are abusers of systems. Everywhere you interact with some Nigerians in the “abroad”, you find out that they have thrived on abuse of the system – cutting corners, gaming the system, employing theatrics etc. The situation is even compounded in religious centres! However, we are mostly very short-sighted people who assume that the white-man is a fool. Unbeknown to us, these guys have a system in place that works best with information. During such lengthy periods when we embarrass ourselves and abuse the system, these guys are gathering sufficient data about us, our personality and modus operandi to enable them evolve a robust approach that can keep us firmly in check. This data is also useful in assisting them draft related policies on funding/assistance/aids, conflict resolution and rules of engagement.

Why should Nigerians come on visits in the abroad and end up as overstayers or even work or enjoy some form of benefits? There is no excuse (except health and threat to life) that should warrant that. It cost taxpayers money to maintain these facilities. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad enter trains without paying and be moving from coach to coach to avoid the ticket master. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad to give birth without planning adequately for the trip? What is my business that you are coming to the abroad, did I invite you? Go and rent a hotel and pay your bills? We carry our planless nature to the abroad and hope to inconvenience others simply because we are “Nigerians”? If I didn’t plan, I would be sleeping out on the streets.

Of course, people will come out and start screaming “is it not because you are there?” And so what? Did I spiral myself here?

Again, I still wonder what goes on in the minds of people when they apply for visas. How can you be earning 200k-500K/month and apply for a US visa to spend 2 weeks for vacation in New York for instance and you are self-sponsored in 2019!? Haba, fear God na. Let me break it down for you.

Exchange conversion fees (from card swipes if you don’t have a US bank card): 4k

This means that you want to spend 3-7 months’ salary for just 2 weeks’ vacation and expect the VO to be convinced? What about your rent, feeding, mobility, clothing, health insurance, car and vehicle insurance and leisure when you return to Nigeria?

See, in times past (before, before), it wouldn’t mean anything saving up for that, but hey times have changed. If that money isn’t a fraction of your month’s salary or 2 months, the VO will need a lot of reassurances or evidence of strong ties in Nigeria before granting that visa (especially when self-funded).

Again, those methods of using conferences/workshops to travel to the USA don cast. In fact, recently our lab was advised to send its delegates to the London version of a workshop rather than wasting resources travelling to the US. I couldn’t laugh. The organisers didn’t want to offer academic rebate. This was a legitimate workshop integral to a current project and timeous considering our timetable. However, a couple of the delegates were Nigerians and so the usual.

See, time for travel will come. It may take time, but if we continue with our current attitude, things go spoil so tey e go hard to repair. The hustle is real, I know, but we are the very cause of the current problems. If we are not careful, our case go be like China where their citizens are always put on administrative processing that can take as long as 60 days! My Chinese colleagues at work are not finding this funny.

When next people come online and talk about how they gamed the system in the abroad and you support them or rationalise their actions, just remember that the consequences are simply front-loaded and will be dire. Next time call them out. Embarrass them, shame them. You don’t have to report them but let them know that they are a SHAME and avoid them. If we don’t start calling out these disgraceful humans spoiling our reputation in the abroad, they will continue to make travel possibilities difficult for you and I.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kazeemakeem(m): 5:23am On May 18, 2019
Chukwuka16:

Nice write you, our country is not encouraging thats people travel for greener pasture ,i NO many people who earn upto 500-700k monthly that have relocated permanently, our reuputaion is still intact BRO, it happen in all countries help people and not spoil there moral.

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AbbyE: 5:37am On May 18, 2019
TWoods:

Chances are slim. I did the math, you make max $2500/month between the two of you. How do you convince a VO that you intend to spend the equivalent of two months salary (include costs of flight tickets) for a few weeks vacation and return to Nigeria?

Just wondering. Would it be so bad spending 2 months salary on a well deserved vacation?

6 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pesuzok(m): 6:40am On May 18, 2019
zinkotop:

I really want to know where the problem is. Thanks

Get travel history for you and your family to UK and Europe. This will increase your chances by 50%. For now, your profile is basic like millions of Nigerian seeking US visa

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by fkj950ax(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2019
These calculations for Vacation Spending as against Salary is flawed.

People have savings
People have investments.
People have properties.
Side hustle nko?
Even Ajo/Esusu can yield 1.9m for you to use as you please.
Decorators for events (my industry) invoice up to N4m for an event. If they land 3 in a month, I am sure the savings/margin will be way north of N2m after expenses.
My neighbor has a block of 4 flats from NHF he is paying back for 13 years, and the rent is 900k for each flat. She lives in the BQ with her family.

I want to disagree with this position that if you don't earn N3 to N5m a month, then you don't "deserve" to go on vacation to USA, but you qualify Ghana and Shengen countries.

Do you have an idea what I used to get as end of the year allowance and bonuses at a place I worked less than 4 years ago?

That being said.

Visa refusal is high if you observe the unseriousness of applicants. While on the queue inside Lagos Consulate during my interview, i was perplexed at what Nigerians were saying during their interview. As a fellow applicant, I would have also refused them.

9 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:23am On May 18, 2019
fkj950ax:
These calculations for Vacation Spending as against Salary is flawed.

People have savings
People have investments.
People have properties.
Side hustle nko?
Even Ajo/Esusu can yield 1.9m for you to use as you please.
Decorators for events (my industry) invoice up to N4m for an event. If they land 3 in a month, I am sure the savings/margin will be way north of N2m after expenses.
My neighbor has a block of 4 flats from NHF he is paying back for 13 years, and the rent is 900k for each flat. She lives in the BQ with her family.

I want to disagree with this position that if you don't earn N3 to N5m a month, then you don't "deserve" to go on vacation to USA, but you qualify Ghana and Shengen countries.

Do you have an idea what I used to get as end of the year allowance and bonuses at a place I worked less than 4 years ago?

That being said.

Visa refusal is high if you observe the unseriousness of applicants. While on the queue inside Lagos Consulate during my interview, i was perplexed at what Nigerians were saying during their interview. As a fellow applicant, I would have also refused them.

It's basically what they say. I've heard someone say she's going to Las Vegas to learn hair styles. She owns a salon though. She didn't even talk about going to a beauty school to upgrade cos that's what I would have said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.