Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,505 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (531282 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:24am On May 18, 2019
Kazeemakeem:

Nice write you, our country is not encouraging thats people travel for greener pasture ,i NO many people who earn upto 500-700k monthly that have relocated permanently, our reuputaion is still intact BRO, it happen in all countries help people and not spoil there moral.

500-700k monthly!!!!!! Please what are they doing over there now?
8.4mil per annum and they can still add plenty side hustle and earn more sef. People need to think outside the box.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2019
Chukwuka16:
Permit me house to add to the growing debate surrounding this US visa issue.

The fact is that we Nigerians do not like people telling us the truth. Sincerely, I also battle at times with the truth. However, the truth is that Nigerians are abusers of systems. Everywhere you interact with some Nigerians in the “abroad”, you find out that they have thrived on abuse of the system – cutting corners, gaming the system, employing theatrics etc. The situation is even compounded in religious centres! However, we are mostly very short-sighted people who assume that the white-man is a fool. Unbeknown to us, these guys have a system in place that works best with information. During such lengthy periods when we embarrass ourselves and abuse the system, these guys are gathering sufficient data about us, our personality and modus operandi to enable them evolve a robust approach that can keep us firmly in check. This data is also useful in assisting them draft related policies on funding/assistance/aids, conflict resolution and rules of engagement

See, time for travel will come. It may take time, but if we continue with our current attitude, things go spoil so tey e go hard to repair. The hustle is real, I know, but we are the very cause of the current problems. If we are not careful, our case go be like China where their citizens are always put on administrative processing that can take as long as 60 days! My Chinese colleagues at work are not finding this funny.

When next people come online and talk about how they gamed the system in the abroad and you support them or rationalise their actions, just remember that the consequences are simply front-loaded and will be dire. Next time call them out. Embarrass them, shame them. You don’t have to report them but let them know that they are a SHAME and avoid them. If we don’t start calling out these disgraceful humans spoiling our reputation in the abroad, they will continue to make travel possibilities difficult for you and I.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH ...You failed to mentioned the effect on the coming generations? but one thing I will argue against is the travel budget, which you can actual travel with less budget (I can plan a trip for 600k with flight and hotel included to U.S) which is exactly what I do for alot of people(sorry for the advert grin)

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:37am On May 18, 2019
Kazeemakeem:

Nice write you, our country is not encouraging thats people travel for greener pasture ,i NO many people who earn upto 500-700k monthly that have relocated permanently, our reuputaion is still intact BRO, it happen in all countries help people and not spoil there moral.

Which foolish reputation is intact?

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by shortboi: 12:16pm On May 18, 2019
When I was preparing for my visa interview, I read a lot here and then realized that most people are unserious or don't know how to answer questions. This thread really help me in my preparation, am single, young and even a recent graduate. Technically I won't get the visa but I was wrong.

Let me share my transcript.

VO: where are you going to in the US
VO: why are you going to the US
VO: have you traveled out before
Me: No
VO: Are you married
Me: No
VO: who is paying for the trip
VO: what do you do
VO: How many days do you intend to stay in the US
Me: 7 days
VO: How is your project going
VO: Can you tell me more about it
VO: Who are those supporting you in the project
VO: who is traveling with you
Me: Just me
VO: what else do you do
VO: How much do you make from it
VO: Your traveling date is close, you may not be able to book your flight
Me: have booked my flight already
VO: let me see it
VO: come back and pick your passport.

This was last month, I attended the conference and am back in Nigeria already. I think we should be more conversational during our interview.

fkj950ax:
These calculations for Vacation Spending as against Salary is flawed.

People have savings
People have investments.
People have properties.
Side hustle nko?
Even Ajo/Esusu can yield 1.9m for you to use as you please.
Decorators for events (my industry) invoice up to N4m for an event. If they land 3 in a month, I am sure the savings/margin will be way north of N2m after expenses.
My neighbor has a block of 4 flats from NHF he is paying back for 13 years, and the rent is 900k for each flat. She lives in the BQ with her family.

I want to disagree with this position that if you don't earn N3 to N5m a month, then you don't "deserve" to go on vacation to USA, but you qualify Ghana and Shengen countries.

Do you have an idea what I used to get as end of the year allowance and bonuses at a place I worked less than 4 years ago?

That being said.

Visa refusal is high if you observe the unseriousness of applicants. While on the queue inside Lagos Consulate during my interview, i was perplexed at what Nigerians were saying during their interview. As a fellow applicant, I would have also refused them.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2019
Good day house

Please I want know my chances and the kind of visa I should apply for. My white friend (An American citizen) that I met online wants to meet me, she has promised to send an invite and sponsor my trip. I just graduated from Uni and am not working yet. I don't intend to run ooo just want to go for two weeks and come back.

Please advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pennywise(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:
Good day house

Please I want know my chances and the kind of visa I should apply for. My white friend (An American citizen) that I met online wants to meet me, she has promised to send an invite and sponsor my trip. I just graduated from Uni and am not working yet. I don't intend to run ooo just want to go for two weeks and come back.

Please advise

Tell them at the embassy you do not intend to run, Not us.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 1:39pm On May 18, 2019
Pennywise:

Tell them at the embassy you do not intend to run, Not us.

Oga I was just joking don't take it personal
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 1:57pm On May 18, 2019
fkj950ax:
These calculations for Vacation Spending as against Salary is flawed.

People have savings
People have investments.
People have properties.
Side hustle nko?
Even Ajo/Esusu can yield 1.9m for you to use as you please.
Decorators for events (my industry) invoice up to N4m for an event. If they land 3 in a month, I am sure the savings/margin will be way north of N2m after expenses.
My neighbor has a block of 4 flats from NHF he is paying back for 13 years, and the rent is 900k for each flat. She lives in the BQ with her family.

I want to disagree with this position that if you don't earn N3 to N5m a month, then you don't "deserve" to go on vacation to USA, but you qualify Ghana and Shengen countries.

Do you have an idea what I used to get as end of the year allowance and bonuses at a place I worked less than 4 years ago?

That being said.

Visa refusal is high if you observe the unseriousness of applicants. While on the queue inside Lagos Consulate during my interview, i was perplexed at what Nigerians were saying during their interview. As a fellow applicant, I would have also refused them.

You’re preaching to the wrong choir. You are looking at the situation for only a tiny minority of people. The vast majority can not afford to travel to the US on vacation... and are only trying to leave as economic migrants. heck most Nigerians don’t even take time off to vacation in their own country.

The VOs have less than 3 minutes to interview you. They don’t care much about your allowances and bonuses. The issue is that we’ve been so dishonest that it’s hard to believe what any Nigerian says at any visa interview.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nasachuky(f): 2:42pm On May 18, 2019
Please how long does it take to get passport back from drop box? We submitted since march
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Pennywise(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:

Oga I was just joking don't take it personal

So, you intend to run?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2019
Pennywise:

So, you intend to run?

Avoid me
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 4:14pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:
Good day house

Please advise

Meet her in Dubai first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 4:35pm On May 18, 2019
seyewest:

Meet her in Dubai first.

Okay. But any particular reasons?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by TWoods(m): 4:54pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:
Good day house

Please advise

Your chances are close to zero. Let her come see you in Nigeria first.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:
Good day house

Please advise

When people ask some certain questions I am quite perplexed. After all the discussions on this forum from part 1, you still ask such questions? Its very disappointing to be honest.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 5:42pm On May 18, 2019
Ebalu953:

When people ask some certain questions I am quite perplexed. After all the discussions on this forum from part 1, you still ask such questions? Its very disappointing to be honest.

Oga I just joined this trend, I didn't even know there is a part one. If you have answer tell me.if not Carry your disappointment go sit down.

5 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 18, 2019
Oshey Nairaland VO..still your own assumption.. cheesy
TWoods:

Too often we are guilty of thinking about our case in isolation. We forget that the VOs hear cases like this countless times everyday. They’ve learnt to take stories like hers with a pinch of salt.

What company in Nigeria sends you on an 8-week “business” trip to Europe within less than a year of employment? As far as the VO is concerned, she’s basically shopping around for countries to have her babies for citizenship purposes.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 18, 2019
Hey Wole Soyinka..The Usa needs to restructure this travel thing..they need to be specific about what is required and most importantly Nigeria is the major problem..until home is welcoming people will continue to migrate sadly..cos I have seen people who earn 600k to 1m and above migrate to be USA and I have seen who earns way lesser return to Nigeria..All na perspective
Make USA kuku bam Nigeria.thats the solution .atleasy Nigerians already in the USA will be happy
We need ban to have sense cheesy
Chukwuka16:
Permit me house to add to the growing debate surrounding this US visa issue.

The fact is that we Nigerians do not like people telling us the truth. Sincerely, I also battle at times with the truth. However, the truth is that Nigerians are abusers of systems. Everywhere you interact with some Nigerians in the “abroad”, you find out that they have thrived on abuse of the system – cutting corners, gaming the system, employing theatrics etc. The situation is even compounded in religious centres! However, we are mostly very short-sighted people who assume that the white-man is a fool. Unbeknown to us, these guys have a system in place that works best with information. During such lengthy periods when we embarrass ourselves and abuse the system, these guys are gathering sufficient data about us, our personality and modus operandi to enable them evolve a robust approach that can keep us firmly in check. This data is also useful in assisting them draft related policies on funding/assistance/aids, conflict resolution and rules of engagement.

Why should Nigerians come on visits in the abroad and end up as overstayers or even work or enjoy some form of benefits? There is no excuse (except health and threat to life) that should warrant that. It cost taxpayers money to maintain these facilities. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad enter trains without paying and be moving from coach to coach to avoid the ticket master. It is Nigerians that will come to the abroad to give birth without planning adequately for the trip? What is my business that you are coming to the abroad, did I invite you? Go and rent a hotel and pay your bills? We carry our planless nature to the abroad and hope to inconvenience others simply because we are “Nigerians”? If I didn’t plan, I would be sleeping out on the streets.

Of course, people will come out and start screaming “is it not because you are there?” And so what? Did I spiral myself here?

Again, I still wonder what goes on in the minds of people when they apply for visas. How can you be earning 200k-500K/month and apply for a US visa to spend 2 weeks for vacation in New York for instance and you are self-sponsored in 2019!? Haba, fear God na. Let me break it down for you.

Visa fee: 58K
Flight (return): 400k
Accommodation (10 nights): 600k + 180k-200k (refundable caution deposit)
Feeding: 180k ($50/day) – could be more
Internal transport: 18k (assume bus all through) – could be more
Exchange conversion fees (from card swipes if you don’t have a US bank card): 4k
Total: 1,440,000 (with 180k refunded on check out). Conservatively estimated.

This means that you want to spend 3-7 months’ salary for just 2 weeks’ vacation and expect the VO to be convinced? What about your rent, feeding, mobility, clothing, health insurance, car and vehicle insurance and leisure when you return to Nigeria?

See, in times past (before, before), it wouldn’t mean anything saving up for that, but hey times have changed. If that money isn’t a fraction of your month’s salary or 2 months, the VO will need a lot of reassurances or evidence of strong ties in Nigeria before granting that visa (especially when self-funded).

Again, those methods of using conferences/workshops to travel to the USA don cast. In fact, recently our lab was advised to send its delegates to the London version of a workshop rather than wasting resources travelling to the US. I couldn’t laugh. The organisers didn’t want to offer academic rebate. This was a legitimate workshop integral to a current project and timeous considering our timetable. However, a couple of the delegates were Nigerians and so the usual.

See, time for travel will come. It may take time, but if we continue with our current attitude, things go spoil so tey e go hard to repair. The hustle is real, I know, but we are the very cause of the current problems. If we are not careful, our case go be like China where their citizens are always put on administrative processing that can take as long as 60 days! My Chinese colleagues at work are not finding this funny.

When next people come online and talk about how they gamed the system in the abroad and you support them or rationalise their actions, just remember that the consequences are simply front-loaded and will be dire. Next time call them out. Embarrass them, shame them. You don’t have to report them but let them know that they are a SHAME and avoid them. If we don’t start calling out these disgraceful humans spoiling our reputation in the abroad, they will continue to make travel possibilities difficult for you and I.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 18, 2019
Sorry dear ,no one would believe you are not trying to escape Nigeria on this thread..I blame those ones wey don run,Buhari and Trump..
KaysePIPER19:
Good day house

Please advise
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 18, 2019
The major reason abeg I said the USA need to restructure..their structure is bend bend..e dey one kind..na ban we need last last ..una wey don already dey there go happy at least cheesy
TWoods:

You’re preaching to the wrong choir. You are looking at the situation for only a tiny minority of people. The vast majority can not afford to travel to the US on vacation... and are only trying to leave as economic migrants. heck most Nigerians don’t even take time off to vacation in their own country.

The VOs have less than 3 minutes to interview you. They don’t care much about your allowances and bonuses. The issue is that we’ve been so dishonest that it’s hard to believe what any Nigerian says at any visa interview.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Phemorinho(m): 7:40pm On May 18, 2019
Ebalu953:

Kindly refer to the previous chats and attached pics before jumping into conclusions. Thanks
Thank you so much. I've done the ds160 part. I'm now on the appointment scheduling.I've been able to change the code of the principal applicant carefully,but I've not been able to do that of the family member under the applicant

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:10pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:

Okay. But any particular reasons?

it will show credibility or you ask her to visit you in Nigeria.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 8:14pm On May 18, 2019
Demicoker:
Hey Wole Soyinka..The Usa needs to restructure this travel thing..they need to be specific about what is required and most importantly Nigeria is the major problem..until home is welcoming people will continue to migrate sadly..cos I have seen people who earn 600k to 1m and above migrate to be USA and I have seen who earns way lesser return to Nigeria..All na perspective
Make USA kuku bam Nigeria.thats the solution .atleasy Nigerians already in the USA will be happy
We need ban to have sense cheesy

SMH

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:

Oga I just joined this trend, I didn't even know there is a part one. If you have answer tell me.if not Carry your disappointment go sit down.

My bad, since you are new to the thread, kindly read through part 1 to 4 you will find all the answers you need there. Goodluck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 18, 2019
Phemorinho:

Thank you so much. I've done the ds160 part. I'm now on the appointment scheduling.I've been able to change the code of the principal applicant carefully,but I've not been able to do that of the family member under the applicant

That I can't figure out for you. But you can navigate through and try options. If nothing works, call the customer care or send a query with details through your dashboard. Goodluck!
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Imbees: 8:50pm On May 18, 2019
Now 45 working days

Nasachuky:
Please how long does it take to get passport back from drop box? We submitted since march
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 9:24pm On May 18, 2019
Ebalu953:

My bad, since you are new to the thread, kindly read through part 1 to 4 you will find all the answers you need there.
Goodluck!

Thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 9:26pm On May 18, 2019
seyewest:

it will show credibility or you ask her to visit you in Nigeria.

Okay so if there is first visit outside America, then a second visit there will be possible
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 9:57pm On May 18, 2019
Phemorinho:

This is the reason I keep hammering on applicants having separate profiles set up, no matter how young the family member. What you would have done now is just to log in to the other applicant's profile and change the DS160 form number right there and that would have been problem solved.

Well, if you already have a new form number generated and filled out, do call the customer service team and have them do it from their end for you. Regards

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 11:28pm On May 18, 2019
KaysePIPER19:

Okay so if there is first visit outside America, then a second visit there will be possible

Are you desperate to travel to U.S or you're looking for a life partner?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by KaysePIPER19(m): 12:25am On May 19, 2019
seyewest:

Are you desperate to travel to U.S or you're looking for a life partner?

She's not my lover, she's married and wants her family to meet me thats all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.