Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

USA Visit Visa Part 4 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / USA Visit Visa Part 4 (529212 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 4 / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (252) (Go Down)

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 9:46pm On Apr 06, 2019
123JohnF:

Which city? If you don't have anybody in US, it's good for tourist visa, the embassy assumes you don't have anybody to help you staying illegal.
The embassy will also ask why Texas? Tickets are cheaper going to east coast. Hotels are expensive, check prices and book on airbnb.com, rent a room in a private home, it's safe and usually very nice, also the owner can guide you, even pick you up from the airport and give you rides somewhere. Check online tourists attractions in the city you are going, ask airbnb renter if he/she can help to show you places.
I have been invited by my uncle in the US Jackson ville Florida but I didn't go on the trip, there's a place where they asked me if I have any relative in the US and I said yes, can I tell the v.o I will be visiting them too?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by teeshawt(m): 10:36pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I need to be enlightened regarding my application.

I change my interview location from lagos to Abuja..

having successfully change my interview location to Abuja, I still have the location I chose in my submitted ds 160 form to be Lagos center.

1. Do I need to modify the form as I have picked Abuja center. If yes does that mean I am filling another ds 160 form

2. The confirmation number on ds 160 form is what I have in my visa appointment... Can I still print the bar code confirmation page without modification for use in Abuja as I believe there should be a way to cross check data submitted within a geographical location without hassle.

3. While I chose Lagos center, there was option to tick B2 visa only, but not in Abuja center as there were only B1 and B1/B2 available so I opt for B1/B2...hope it is nothing to worry about.

In all please advise on what to do so there can be correlation between the lagos location I chosed when filling ds 160 form and Abuja interview location.

Best Regards.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 12:23am On Apr 07, 2019
teeshawt:
Hello everyone, thanks for your contributions. I need to be enlightened regarding my application.

I change my interview location from lagos to Abuja..

having successfully change my interview location to Abuja, I still have the location I chose in my submitted ds 160 form to be Lagos center.

1. Do I need to modify the form as I have picked Abuja center. If yes does that mean I am filling another ds 160 form

2. The confirmation number on ds 160 form is what I have in my visa appointment... Can I still print the bar code confirmation page without modification for use in Abuja as I believe there should be a way to cross check data submitted within a geographical location without hassle.

3. While I chose Lagos center, there was option to tick B2 visa only, but not in Abuja center as there were only B1 and B1/B2 available so I opt for B1/B2...hope it is nothing to worry about.

In all please advise on what to do so there can be correlation between the lagos location I chosed when filling ds 160 form and Abuja interview location.

Best Regards.

1. Yes, yes.

2. No.

3. In order....

Fill and submit another form to Abuja, update your profile with the new DS160 confirmation number within a time starting from now and not later than 72hrs to your appointment, then go ahead and print out a new Appointment Confirmation letter which of course will reflect Abuja has your interview appointment centre with matching Abuja DS160 confirmation number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kodyx(f): 3:13am On Apr 07, 2019
Synkells:

Gurus in the house please assist me with this
I had same issues and I just kept on tracking my passport and then boom,it read your passport is ready for pick-up. You don't need to get yourself worked up,it will come out soon.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kodyx(f): 3:44am On Apr 07, 2019
smokeydrinky:
Hello house, 2 yrs ago we got issued us visa but had to cancel travel plans as I lost my dad and also got another job shortly after so last year was spent in training. I’m now off probation and qualified for leave and we ll be going on a short vacation this Easter. My question: we were supposed to stay in a hotel then but now I’m thinking apartment or hotel apartment to afford us cook our meals instead of eating out all the time. Hope this is not a problem? We r going to same state.
Not a problem at all. Just go ahead with your plans.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kodyx(f): 3:57am On Apr 07, 2019
JenKendall:
You might be issued the visa if you go with a letter of invitation from her and your bank statement to show that you can afford the trip as well as proof of strong ties. However, I will advise that you wait it out a bit for your relationship to be more that at least 5 months. 2 months relationship is a bit unbelievable.

My 2 cents.

I would advice you not to bother applying because they won't grant you the visa. Same thing happened to someone I know
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kglam: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2019
Hi everyone, I helped my mum fill her ds 160 b1/b2 form but after submitting I realized I made some mistakes with some dates and it’s past 30days since I submitted the application. Can I fill another form to edit the mistakes, and can I do that without picking another appointment date. Because she already has a date for May and the next available date is in August. Is there any way I can fill another form without changing her appointment date? Pls help

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by teeshawt(m): 7:20am On Apr 07, 2019
Many thanks for this reply, I have made the changes.
... I thought it is going to be a hard thing to do in the first place.

OmoBendel24:

1. Yes, yes.

2. No.

3. In order....

Fill and submit another form to Abuja, update your profile with the new DS160 confirmation number within a time from starting now and not later than 72hrs to your appointment, then go ahead and fill out a new Appointment Confirmation letter which of course will reflect Abuja has your interview appointment centre with matching Abuja DS160 confirmation number.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:51am On Apr 07, 2019
teeshawt:
Many thanks for this reply, I have made the changes.
... I thought it is going to be a hard thing to do in the first place.

Okay, perfect. But please read again and give particular attention to @the bolded as amended. Ensure your new Abuja DS160 Confirmation Number is same with what is showing on your new Abuja Appointment Confirmation Letter please. Regards

@Kglam; pick one or two guide from this response and previous response to this poster.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by flourishing247: 9:33am On Apr 07, 2019
Japsylee:

Hey bro. Thanks for your response. Why are you so sure about this ? Please kindly shade more light on this.
please go to the thread about women giving birth in the US and get more information. Meanwhile you plan to pay nothing less than $15k if you want your Visa renewed
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by DrStrangelove: 10:27am On Apr 07, 2019
Hello House,

Can someone help with the below.

Thanks

DrStrangelove:
Good Day House,

Finally we were able to get a date for late April for our 221G interview. Was quite surprised as someone actually called me to go check the dates. We didn't have to wait long before we got our date whereas others have intervals of 5-6months. From what I see, it seems the whole 221G has various levels from where they place different applicants depending on their situation from light weight to serious cases. And they allow different profiles to have access to varying dates. That said I cud be wrong.

Now that half of my issue (picking interview date) is solved, it's now time to get to issues of our application wch I have highlighted in part 3 already but ll summarise here. They are the following with the logical responses attached.

1. My wife's 5 months stay during childbirth

We went for our initial interview in 2014 and we told the boys we we're going for vacation. He asked if we were going to give birth at this time but we said No. The visas were issued and we went for vacation and came back after 3 weeks. My wife was a few weeks pregnant at this time. We decided to give birth abroad after a month of our coming back by wch time she was about 7 months gone. I forgot to mention, we didn't travel immediately we got the visa. We also mailed the embassy before she went and they mailed back saying we ll be attended to at the POE. She got in and they just asked if she has a doctor and she has paid her bills. She gave birth and did postnatal for 3months before she came. Another thing was that we didn't know we could get birth certificate at the county office in a few weeks and was waiting for the document from Vital Records state office wch takes longer. In all she spent 5 months and we have collected all our receipts and zero balance statements from the health providers.

My question here is that the total bill is around $9K wch is in the range of delivery costs average for this particular state. Is this bill okay or too small? As I heard they like hearing large amount for delivery costs at the embassy? Though we paid all the bills we were told to pay

2. She not using the previous visa in the validity period.

We reapplied for visas in 2017 thru Dropbox and they were issued. We decided to travel in December. She and my son decided to head to London to see our family there while I headed to Dallas. I spent about 4 weeks and came back and so did they. We finally didn't get time to travel again and the visas expired.

3. Or the destination of our visit wch is NYC

we are visiting a family friend and this was stated in the application with details. NYC because we love to visit the tourist sites there and have been to other cities (Miami, Dallas and Atlanta) the last two, on two different occasions. so we wanted to try out somewhere new.

Asides the above, we were told to print out a new DS 160. Not sure if this means DS 160 appointment slip with the photo ID or what? Pls someone that has gone for a 221G interview, pls can I know what we are required to take along and what docs we need for our defence.

Any other advice is welcomed.

Thanks

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by iyaaliya: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2019
Hallos, happy sunday to you all.

So I had my 221g interview yesterday, Saturday 6th April. Time was 10.30am but l left there at about 1.30pm. Crazyyy!!!
Got my visa renewed.

If you used your visa for birthing, make sure you have receipts and make sure your bill was 10k upwards and you didn’t accept discount! If you fall into this, I suggest you refund the discount oh.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by sugah: 12:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Born for naija the kid will be just as great
With all due respect, that's not your decision to make. Every parent/intending parent has a right to want the best for their kids, it's not your place to tell them what is or isn't best or if their kid would or wouldn't be great.

10 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 12:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
sugah:

With all due respect, that's not your decision to make. Every parent/intending parent has a right to want the best for their kids, it's not your place to tell them what is or isn't best or if their kid would or wouldn't be great.

I wonder oooo... for the fact that it's not illegal, he has no right to judge them.

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2019
sugah:

It's either you cannot understand simple English or your problem is zero comprehension abilities.

The young man asked "what the worst scenario could be. . ." and my response was just one of those.

It was NOT a decision taken on his behalf and shoved down his esophagus.

Relax and see a doctor's before you die of somebody else's wahala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 12:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
seyewest:

I wonder oooo... for the fact that it's not illegal, he has no right to judge them.

You follow for the dumb ass crew too?
Pele oooo

3 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by integriti: 1:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
good day all

i have an interview at the US embassy later this month, i don't have any receipt of payment because i did the transfer on a Gtb Mobile app, what i have is an appointment confirmation letter , showing the details of the appointment , and a section below that, titled MRV FEES PAYMENT, showing my confirmation number and the amount i paid, i want to find out if this is acceptable. thanks
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
kuljiyke:

I have been invited by my uncle in the US Jacksonville Florida but I didn't go on the trip, there's a place where they asked me if I have any relative in the US and I said yes, can I tell the v.o I will be visiting them too?
Don't lie and mark you have a relative in US. Don't tell them anything unless you are asked precisely, answer short and precise only to their questions, don't add more info. More you explain, more questions they will ask, ... more questions, more misunderstanding.

1 Like

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reine22: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
123JohnF:

Don't lie and mark you have a relative in US. Don't tell them anything unless you are asked precisely, answer short and precise only to their questions, don't add more info. More you explain, more questions they will ask, ... more questions, more misunderstanding.

So you want him to lie?
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
Reine22:

So you want him to lie?
What? Do you know how to read? Read again my posting and don't imagine things that are NOT there. I said "Don't lie".
123JohnF:

2 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Reine22: 4:09pm On Apr 07, 2019
123JohnF:

What? Do you know how to read? Read again my posting and don't imagine things that are NOT there. I said "Don't lie".

“Don’t lie and mark you have...” is different from “Don’t lie. Mark you have...”

Learn how to construct sentences correctly.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2019
Welcome to America.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Kglam: 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hi everyone, I helped my mum fill her ds 160 b1/b2 form but after submitting I realized I made some mistakes with some dates and it’s past 30days since I submitted the application. Can I fill another form to edit the mistakes, and can I do that without picking another appointment date. Because she already has a date for May and the next available date is in August. Is there any way I can fill another form without changing her appointment date? Pls help, answers pls
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 5:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
123JohnF:

Please... Someone told me not to go with my statement of account and payslip that they won't ask of it, how sure is that please house I need your advice
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 6:02pm On Apr 07, 2019
kuljiyke:

Please... Someone told me not to go with my statement of account and payslip that they won't ask of it, how sure is that please house I need your advice

If you have a full portmanteau load of evidence to prove strong ties to your country, take it!

You MAY meet a consular officer who is bored and has time that may just ask.
Good luck

4 Likes

Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

If you have a full portmanteau load of evidence to prove strong ties to your country, take it!

Good luck
True.
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2019
Thanks I appreciate, one more question, I showed my someone my payslip and the person says consular officer won't believe it because of my age, the money is 500k+ I'm a sales rep my commission is high a senior staff, what are advice
AfonjaBoston:

Good luck
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 7:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
kuljiyke:
Thanks I appreciate, one more question, I showed my someone my payslip and the person says consular officer won't believe it because of my age, the money is 500k+ I'm a sales rep my commission is high my salary is 100k a senior staff, what are advice

Oh you are the same 500k/month Sales Senior executive?

If nothing Is doctored or fishy , no lump arrangee salary payment you should not break a sweat
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 8:28pm On Apr 07, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Oh you are the same 500k/month Sales Senior executive?

If nothing Is doctored or fishy , no lump arrangee salary payment you should not break a sweat
3% of 15,000,000.00 is my target for the month
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by AfonjaBoston: 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
kuljiyke:

3% of 15,000,000.00 is my target for the month

So the 500k you are talking about is your sales target not your take home pay??

Be careful how you throw figures around
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by kuljiyke(m): 9:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

So the 500k you are talking about is your sales target not your take home pay??

Be careful how you throw figures around
Yes
Re: USA Visit Visa Part 4 by seyewest(m): 10:04pm On Apr 07, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

You follow for the dumb ass crew too?
Pele oooo

Your wahala is too much I swear...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (252)

Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Thread for South Korea prospective students / General U.S.A (student) Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.