Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (68478 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
Meanwhile Diaby news is turning to a saga o. The club is really hoarding the info. Make we knw how far nah!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 7:29pm On Sep 13, 2010
JAY-Z: Beyonce happy for me to buy into Arsenal

Jay-Z has again declared plans to buy into Arsenal.

The rapper insists that he and wife Beyonce Knowles would even move to London so he could be "involved in the decision-making" alongside septuagenarian chairman Peter Hill-Wood

He said: "We would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while.

"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making, I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this.

"I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."

------------------------

Someone tell hov we dont need an American millionaire on our board right now tongue grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
Maybe Jay-Z would try and sign Lebron James for Arsenal. Who is gonna buy his story that he is buying into Arsenal cos he loved Sport. Nonsense and Ingredients.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
A-40:

@Hnic
Three straight errors in three straight games is not good enuff mon frere.  
Naah A-40
I am sure you are not including the 'Pool game.
Almunia was beaten at his near post and AA23 passed to Wilshere who misjudged the pass?
Where does LK6 come in?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
Hov, we ball so hard they think we was down with the Illuminati. The 'clock' do illuminate, our pockets are knotty!!!

But seriously if he does, will point to 2 advantages, we continue our multiple ownership model, plus we could tap into the Shawn Carter money making machine to increase revenue.

What he'll bring 'footbalistically' tho. . . .well, same as the next one.

And oh, the tologese will have a heartattack, no?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
I have never liked anyone that calls football "soccer",
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2010
HNIC:

Naah A-40
I am sure you are not including the 'Pool game.
Almunia was beaten at his near post and AA23 passed to Wilshere who misjudged the pass?
Where does LK6 come in?
Getting sent off within 3 minutes of getting your first booking in a game like that still counts as an error unless error means something else where you come from. Thankfully it enabled him miss the only game we went on to not concede

slimshay:

A40 good shout but if you've been following my post when I bother to be serious my number 1 concern is defence. The reality is we are not any of these guys because we have a far superior attacking potential. That is not taking for granted that we'll always put 3 to 4 past opponents tho. What we need to do like you rightly said is imbibing a strong team-defensive culture.
Not just one defender, not just the defense but the whole team.
I still like pointing the blackburn goal, it will have been a total non-issue if either diaby or vp had challeneged in the middle. because simply put samba lacks the skill to dribble either one of them.
Come on man Koscielny's error was a lot more grievous how can you even debate that?

ritchboy:

JAY-Z: Beyonce happy for me to buy into Arsenal

Jay-Z has again declared plans to buy into Arsenal.

The rapper insists that he and wife Beyonce Knowles would even move to London so he could be "involved in the decision-making" alongside septuagenarian chairman Peter Hill-Wood

He said: "We would have to spend much more time in London. Bey knows how much I love sports and has known about my interest in Arsenal for a while.

"I never want to be a back-seat investor. I want to be on the board, involved in the decision-making,  I'm at the stage of my career where I am ready for another investment like this.

"I have really got into soccer over the last 10 years and I've been saying for some time I want a percentage of Arsenal."

------------------------

Someone tell hov we dont need an American millionaire on our board right now tongue grin grin

Ibime:

Maybe Jay-Z would try and sign Lebron James for Arsenal. Who is gonna buy his story that he is buying into Arsenal cos he loved Sport. Nonsense and Ingredients.
Under no circumstances should News from Tribalfootball be taken seriously
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 13, 2010
Under no circumstances should News from Tribalfootball be taken seriously

dude, it's all over the internet. or are you suggesting tribalfootball fabricated those jay-z quotes? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mystikal(m): 12:58am On Sep 14, 2010
kay_pumpin:

I have never liked anyone that calls football "soccer",

big deal?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:24am On Sep 14, 2010
A40 make we free this debate. Simply cos its in the nature of fans that one man can do no wrong while one man can do no right.

On the Hov issue, he's an Arsenal fan, he's a good business man, I'm not yet seeing the downside if he wants to get involved.
We'll wait and see how authentic and serious the gists are. For now I'm more concern with news about Diaby. Anybody's got updates?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 9:44am On Sep 14, 2010
The real big picture is that arsenal is doing great so far n the tradition of scoring several goals is unchanged. I think its unfair to say arsenal kept a clean sheet in the only game Kos missed. it may be true,but Kos had nothin to do wit the goal we conceded at anfield. if anything,he handled torres fine. The guy in question is playin the the EPL for the first time,and an arsenal team plagued wit defensive woes in recent times. Arsenal fans shouldnt compound the pressure he is already facing. The defense is far better than what we had to cope wit last term and we score more than we concieve in each game. Thats what important
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 10:03am On Sep 14, 2010
Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas maintains goalkeeper Manuel Almunia has the complete trust of the team as they look to mount a double challenge for domestic and European honours.

The Gunners have kicked off the Barclays Premier League season with three wins from four games to sit two points behind Chelsea. Almunia's position as first choice was the subject of much speculation over the summer, as Arsenal had bids for Fulham's Australia international Mark Schwarzer turned down.

Fabregas said: "Manuel commanded the defence very well at Blackburn - but it is not just about one game or two or three. He is a well-loved player among everybody here and performs well for this club. We all wish him a super season and have a lot of trust."

Wenger saw Abou Diaby (leg) added to the injury list on Saturday following what looked a bad tackle from Bolton defender Paul Robinson, which went unpunished, and resulted in the midfielder, who had only just come on, having to be substituted.

Winger Samir Nasri - fit again following knee surgery - will return into contention to face Braga in the Gunners' Champions League opener after being an unused substitute.

Wenger chose to rest both full-backs Gael Clichy and Bacary Sagna for the Premier League game. England
international Kieran Gibbs, who turns 21 later this month, believes the competition for places can only be positive.

"It is difficult to play the same team through all of the season because players are going to get tired - that is when we start to get injuries," Gibbs told Arsenal TV Online.

"It is good for people to get a chance.

"Not only is the competition going to be good for Gael to play well, it is also going to be good for the club as well because we are both fighting to win help the team win something this year."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2010
Unwavering support to BIG AL. Hope he wont dissapoint
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:58pm On Sep 14, 2010
A-40:

Getting sent off within 3 minutes of getting your first booking in a game like that still counts as an error unless error means something else where you come from. Thankfully it enabled him miss the only game we went on to not concede
You obviously hate LK6
He was sent off when all the goals in the match have been scored!
Even the pundits on Sky(who dont really like Arsenal) agreed that the handball incident was innocuous and didn't really deserve a yellow card.
Abeg free Koscielny oooh

In other news.
Armand Traore is injured.
Would be out for at least 4 weeks due to a'muscle injury' shocked shocked
Even players on loan are getting injured.
This injury thing na curse
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 4:12pm On Sep 14, 2010
Diaby to miss Braga and Sunderland. Dunno if I shld be happy its not as bad as we thot, or still jus be pissed this useless teams that can't play ball have claimed our player.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2010
Diaby might be out for even longer. . . .Wenger just decided to look at the next two games and not any further into the future.

I hope he recovers quickly, ditto for Vermaelen - though I'm glad Squillaci and Koscielny are getting valuable playing time. The Kokomaster will be gracing the CL for the first time so I hope he puts in a stellar performance.  cool

In other news. . . .did you know that Denilson made 8 of the 24 passes prior to the 4th goal against Bolton?

For all his flaws and defensive weaknesses, when it comes to possession football, there are few better than him.

Interesting article here - http://gingersforlimpar..com/2010/09/are-we-witnessing-age-of-denilson.html
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 6:59pm On Sep 14, 2010
i think denilson lacks the single most important thing for a defensive midfielder: strength and rigidity. till he improves there,he wont be in my own startin 11
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^

I think the real question is whether Wenger regards him as a DM or a ball carrier in the MF. Remember Song was on the pitch as well against Bolton, so his role might not necessarily be that of a DMm though I agree he must improve on tackling and tracking back.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:34pm On Sep 14, 2010
when una dey plan sell market for here?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2010
dayokanu:

when una dey plan sell market for here?

Didn't you see the excellent market we sold on Saturday?

You can't beat a 24 pass goal for marketable goods - sheer quality. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 9:37pm On Sep 14, 2010
Dk brain no fit process things like that. In his archaic world folks are still kicking pig skins on muddy pitches.

Funny thing on saturday for some stretches of the game wilshere was playing dm rather than song. Ditto when dennilson came after diaby got tackled. Denny might really not fit the architype of the DM but as shown throught that particular stat he's a very important conduit from defense to attack.

Infact I think it was in the same article I saw his pass per min comparism with other midfielders. Its practically unbelievable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2010
debosky:

^^

I think the real question is whether Wenger regards him as a DM or a ball carrier in the MF. Remember Song was on the pitch as well against Bolton, so his role might not necessarily be that of a DMm though I agree he must improve on tackling and tracking back.

Didn't that goal show everything?? Song wins the ball, Denilson receives loose balls and makes sure they get to a creative midfielder(Fab/Wingers) and the creative player finds any goal threat(Vela).
It's the modern premiership dissection of what used to be just two central midfielders. One DMF and one 10.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:17pm On Sep 14, 2010
slimshay:

A40 make we free this debate. Simply cos its in the nature of fans that one man can do no wrong while one man can do no right.

On the Hov issue, he's an Arsenal fan, he's a good business man, I'm not yet seeing the downside if he wants to get involved.
We'll wait and see how authentic and serious the gists are. For now I'm more concern with news about Diaby. Anybody's got updates?
Its not about that mehn. Like i said its easy to ignore stuff when you are winning but i trust Gunners when e begin
dey happen this thread go turn Hiroshima and Nagasaki as a visual stenographer i just say the stuff i see

dipo2much:

The real big picture is that arsenal is doing great so far n the tradition of scoring several goals is unchanged. I think its unfair to say arsenal kept a clean sheet in the only game Kos missed. it may be true,but Kos had nothin to do wit the goal we conceded at anfield. if anything,he handled torres fine. The guy in question is playin the the EPL for the first time,and an arsenal  team plagued wit defensive woes in recent times. Arsenal fans shouldnt compound the pressure he is already facing. The defense is far better than what we had to cope wit last term and we score more than we concieve in each game. Thats what important

Yes but we have seen this all before na today? A tradition of scoring without a defensive culture will not win us titles in modern day football. The Spain we are busy trying to emulate won the W.C and Euros on the back of having the best defense in those respective competitions. Well the stats are there! The only game he missed we didn't concede (I know this is the umpteenth time i am saying that) like it or not but i am 80% sure we woulda conceded had he played. We got away with his school-boy defending against technically deficient teams. We would not escape with that against the likes of Villa,Man City,Tottenham and Everton never mind Man U and Chelsea

HNIC:

You obviously hate LK6
He was sent off when all the goals in the match have been scored!
Even the pundits on Sky(who dont really like Arsenal) agreed that the handball incident was innocuous and didn't really deserve a yellow card.
Abeg free Koscielny oooh

In other news.
Armand Traore is injured.
Would be out for at least 4 weeks due to a'muscle injury' shocked shocked
Even players on loan are getting injured.
This injury thing na curse
You obviously don't know what you are saying. I ask you again is getting sent off within three to four minutes an error or not?? A handball that was going to stop a potential fast-break innocuous?? You and the pundits at Sky must be having a laugh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:36am On Sep 15, 2010
@A40 it is the nature of the beast up in here infact majority of arsenal blogs. I have come to accept it, though everybody here knows that charge cany be laid at my table.

But 4 matches, total of 10 shots on goal against of which he featured in 3, he really must be shit!! *wink*
Cut the boy proper slack abeg.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by broomstick: 8:08am On Sep 15, 2010
i hope AIT will show Arsenal Vs Braga match today? anybody with any clues?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 9:25am On Sep 15, 2010
broomstick:

i hope AIT will show Arsenal Vs Braga match today? anybody with any clues?
Arsenal play at home so definitely it should be on AIT smiley

In other news

The mod is back cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:05am On Sep 15, 2010
A-40:

You obviously don't know what you are saying. I ask you again is getting sent off within three to four minutes an error or not??
As much as I want to quit this arguement, I still don't get your question!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dipo2much(m): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2010
we say we are fans and we are pleasuring in dwelling in criticising our own player. Imagine if we all continue like this. Will Kos ever improve? Not everyone can do a Vermalen,most need time.

PLS let the Kos talk stop for now. Lets Brag Braga instead
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2010
Its moderavizzle in the building, just after broomstick show. Surely the sweeping commences eh?!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2010
Its matchday today, The gunners march out again. Braga have decades ago declared allegiance to the red and white army. Sadly though, they will have to fall by friendly fire. Go easy boys, make clean, quick and merciful.
Tenhutt!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 5:21pm On Sep 15, 2010
@Slimshay
I was taught that its better to be pro-active than reactive so by all means I would rather point out em flaws now

@Dipo2much
Not everyone can do a Vermaelen but at the same time you expect a certain level of performance and Kos has not shown that I am afraid

@Hnic
Simply put if you where a manager would you raise the wages of a player who committed two bookable offences in 4 mins?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2010
A40 and guys, abeg its matchday today, let's continue this matter tommorrow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 3rd December 2016 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.