Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (68494 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 8:19am On Sep 16, 2010
chic2pimp:

Oi boy I tire ooo ahn ahn undecided. Vela scored a goal even my Grandma woulda scored and suddenly he has the potential to be as good as Messi. Koscielny had a good game suddenly he becomes Jurgen Kohler,Baresi and Vierchwood rolled into one. Kilode?

I have been saying the same ish for like two years now, get a clue.

Your grandmother must be Marta grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 8:52am On Sep 16, 2010
chic2pimp:

Oi boy I tire ooo ahn ahn undecided. Vela scored a goal even my Grandma woulda scored and suddenly he has the potential to be as good as Messi. Koscielny had a good game suddenly he becomes Jurgen Kohler,Baresi and Vierchwood rolled into one. Kilode?

Nothing surprises me anymore about gayners. . . .  . you should have known by now.

How can you take a club whose manager brands Almunia as a world class goalie seriously  shocked grin grin grin delusion runs in the

blood from the manager down to the fans,  . . .it's in their DNA . . . . show me a non delusional gayner and I will show you a liar
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2010
Hehehehehehehe. You people will not stop to amuse me.

Every GUNNER are delusional lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:15am On Sep 16, 2010
A-40:

Getting carried away aren't we?? but isn't that typical of we Arsenal fans? A win against a team that has not played in the UCL before and Koscielny is the next Paolo Maldini no wahala. Asamoah Gyan and Darren Bent await and i strongly strongly hope we would not be given another reality check. By the way before y'all start bussing nuts his record is still 1 in 4
Naah. . .
Not getting carried away.
Just saying it as I see it.
All I am saying is for you to give the dude a chance.
Yesterday, we were 5 or 6-0 up and I saw LK6 track a Braga attacker down the left, hassled him relentlessly before winning the ball and clearing it for a throw in.
This lad does not want to concede.

Gyan and Bent shocked shocked
Who are they grin grin
Just kidding.
Thank God, they have sold that Albanian,Cana
He more or less won the match for them last time out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2010
jalether:

How can you take a club whose manager brands Almunia as a world class goalie seriously
and he spent the entire summer looking for a Goalie.
Chavs obviously speak through holes in their bodies and it's obviously not their mouths
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:27am On Sep 16, 2010
AA23!
Celebration posse

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 11:09am On Sep 16, 2010
HNIC:

Chavs obviously speak through holes in their bodies and it's obviously not their mouths

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by proudly9ja(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2010
Great performance for the boys last night reminds me of the 7 - 1 trouncing another team got from us some seasons back with Theo scoring an Henry like goal.

However, that game is gone and lets move on. Sunderland awaits on saturday. Good to see Nasri coming back from injury and playing well too. Cesc, well like the boss says, he is on another 'dimension'. To think he is just 23. Jack Wilshere, Vela, Denilson and Song all did their jobs and for the first time in a long time, we can say we have strength in depth at least in that department of the game.

Upfront though, we need to pray RVP and Bendtner come back quick. My short term solution though is a guy Ive been screaming about for months now - JET! That guy is simply magnificient (at least for the level we have put him). He needs more first team games. In the game against Braga for instance, he could have come in for Chamakh after we had gone 5 goals up. Same thing against Blackpool and Bolton. When I watch him play for the reserves, he always looks like an 'agbaya' to me (he is just 19) cos he seems to be far better than everyone on the field. You guys should go see his goal against ManCity reserves. Outta this world! and he had a cheeky celebration to go with it. That guy needs top class games.

As for anti-Arsenal fans who keep slating our players and calling us delusional, I'm sure they wished they had some of our players in their team!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2010
proudly9ja:

Upfront though, we need to pray RVP and Bendtner come back quick. My short term solution though is a guy Ive been screaming about for months now - JET! That guy is simply magnificient (at least for the level we have put him). He needs more first team games. In the game against Braga for instance, he could have come in for Chamakh after we had gone 5 goals up. Same thing against Blackpool and Bolton. When I watch him play for the reserves, he always looks like an 'agbaya' to me (he is just 19) cos he seems to be far better than everyone on the field. You guys should go see his goal against ManCity reserves. Outta this world! and he had a cheeky celebration to go with it. That guy needs top class games.
I second you totally on your analysis, but one thing I've noticed about Arsene is that he sorts of phases player's progression to the first team and he doesn't want to have too many on the fringes of the first team at the same time. Last season was Ramsey (a pity with the injury) and this season seems to be Wilshere. I'm not sure if he sees it as a test of the player's character also but those who have made noise about not being fast tracked quickly enough have usually gotten sold (Bentley) while some bloom late (Flamini) and some don't make it despite all the opportunity they are given(Hoyte, Aliadere).

I think for JET to get into the first team as things stand now, one of Bendtner, RVP or Chamakh would have to go. I personally think its Nic who will get the chop and I think JET will go out on loan yet again this season but if he has a stormer while away (like he did with Doncaster last season and I expect him to anywhere he goes) then Arsene will have no choice than make a place for him next season because it will be yet another Brilliant "English" player on our books.

proudly9ja:

As for anti-Arsenal fans who keep slating our players and calling us delusional, I'm sure they wished they had some of our players in their team!

It wouldn't be an issue for me if some of our own fans don't join them, its all well and good to be unconvinced by this or that player or even the whole team as a whole but to not be able to enjoy it when your club has a night like arsenal had yesterday in Europe and all you can do is wait for them to come unstuck in their next game is more than taking the piss. That is why they are called the AAA (Anti Arsenal Arsenal) fans.
I mean, I expect DK, Jalether and co to act exactly this way and it is good for banter but I do not expect it from anyone who calls himself an arsenal fan, I mean why are you a fan if you can't enjoy your team's performances? undecided it is totally confusing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2010
A-40:

Getting carried away aren't we?? but isn't that typical of we Arsenal fans? A win against a team that has not played in the UCL before and Koscielny is the next Paolo Maldini no wahala. Asamoah Gyan and Darren Bent await and i strongly strongly hope we would not be given another reality check. By the way before y'all start bussing nuts his record is still 1 in 4

No one called him a Paolo Maldini - I was simply commenting that we can have clean sheets with him playing. That's a statement of fact. Give him time to bed in and don't be overly critical.

Besides, the UCL Champions failed to beat Twente FC who are also in the CL for the first time - no need to over-hype the performance, but no need to downplay it either.

Ibime:

Why would nincompoops not praise the performance of Kosnielcy in a match Arsenal dominated 6-0. Abegi, it is against Citeh, United, Chelsea etc that we will judge these defenders.

Who is judging the defenders? Some guys claimed we couldn't play Kokomaster and not concede - this match proves that it is possible. Simples.

Judgement time will come soon enough - but for now, they've done ok.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 2:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
HNIC:

We back our sh1t up with evidence. . . that's how chavs roll cool

http://www.arsenal.com/news/ladies-news/almunia

Wenger - Almunia is a world-class goalkeeper

Arsène Wenger believes Manuel Almunia is as good as any goalkeeper in the Premier League.

The Spaniard established himself as Arsenal's No 1 last season and has gone from strength to strength this term. On Saturday, he will look to extend a run of five consecutive clean sheets when Fulham visit Emirates Stadium in the Premier League.

Almunia was a relative unknown when he arrived in North London in July 2004 but he has shown patience and determination to wait for his chance and climb up the pecking order. Wenger is often linked with a move for a new goalkeeper but the Frenchman would not swap his No 1 for Petr Cech, Edwin van der Sar, Shay Given or anyone.

“Yes, I think [he is as good as them]. Because you can only say if you keep clean sheets you cannot do much better," said Wenger.

“He was not ready when he came here but he worked very hard, has great physical potential, learnt a lot with Jens Lehmann – he toughened him up, Lehmann.

“He does not get as much credit as he deserves. Then again, it’s only down to his performances, and, if they last, it will happen.

“He had a good season and had maybe one difficult game, against Tottenham, and the fans are less forgiving for a game like that, than for any other game.

“I rate him very highly. He has a great attitude and he’s technically very good and physically very strong as well.

"I think we have two world-class goalkeepers, [Lukasz] Fabianski and him."  cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 2:26pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Jalether
My statement above still stands
Only a chav will bring up a quote from the manager of Feb 2009
and pretend like it was something he said just last night shocked
Don't just go digging up the internet and looking for what AW said
Also try and weigh the context in which it was said.
Now please go and discuss your 4-1 victory on your thread and leave us in peace to discuss our victory!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 2:38pm On Sep 16, 2010
"He does not get as much credit as he deserves. Then again, it’s only down to his performances, and, if they last, it will happen".

What do you expect to say about his players?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2010
HNIC:

@Jalether
My statement above still stands
Only a chav will bring up a quote from the manager of Feb 2009
and pretend like it was something he said just last night shocked
Don't just go digging up the internet and looking for what AW said
Also try and weigh the context in which it was said.
Now please go and discuss your 4-1 victory on your thread and leave us in peace to discuss our victory!

You are a dolt.

Why can't some posters admit to their goof. . . . you disputed my assertion of AW branding Almunia as a world class goalie at any point in time

(when it's apparent he has [b]never [/b]been a world class goalie) and I provided evidence. who cares when the remark was made.

what counts is that your manager actually considered him a world class goalie. SIMPLES.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2010
ritchboy:

AW almost ruined Vela's career by playing him wide. . .

I reckon he's one of the very few players out there with the potential to be as good as Messi or at least come close.

v3:

Fab proves once again he's sheer class. . .woulda loved it if he got a hat-trick.
Wilshere eye don tear  shocked, a messi in the red&white? Only time'll tell  cool

Two Messi in one team and the same team has remained trophyless for half a decade shocked shocked shocked shocked
proudly9ja:

Do you see evidence of delusion in bold above?

Wish to have some of your players? Like who and who? No player in Arsenal Maybe Vermalaen for Van Buyten(Which is even doubtful) I repeat, No player from Arsenal would make a Bayern 11. You can attempt to name who.

Bayern has 2 players who have been highest goal scorers at the wrld cup in their team yet no one compares them to Messi.

Muller scored the best goal in the CL for this week(Similar to the goal Henry scored against Sparta Prague away some years back with the outside of his boot) yet no one has compared him to Messi.

Now we have Vela who has on fairly decent game in 3yrs and next thing is that he is the next Messi.

If that is not delusion, Then tell me what delusion is.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2010
Vela to become Messi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I laugh in Otapiapia
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
chamotex:

Vela to become Messi? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I laugh in Otapiapia

Did you see the piece I pulled up about Wenger branding Almunia as a world class goalie and believing they can win the UCL this season

I'm at crossroads over which statement is more delusional
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2010
jalether:

You are a dolt.

Why can't some posters admit to their goof. . . . you disputed my assertion of AW branding Almunia as a world class goalie at any point in time

(when it's apparent he has [b]never [/b]been a world class goalie) and I provided evidence. who cares when the remark was made.

what counts is that your manager actually considered him a world class goalie. SIMPLES.

@Jalether
If I am a dolt, then you are freaking fraudster
You behaved as if AW made the statement yesterday night
and I asked you tacitly that if he thought he was world class yesterday,then why was he looking for a Goalie all summer
Not knowing that you went digging up something he said in FEB 2009!!!!!
Why not go and look for what AW said in 1980
and it's AW's opinion that he's world class. ,
who are you to say he's apparently never been world class?
He was once courted by the English Press around that period to be England's number one.
Or if he is that bad as you are claiming, why would he be considered for England?
like I said STFU and vamoose from this place.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
chamotex:

Vela to become Messi?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I laugh in Otapiapia

Dunno why there's all this fuss - we're talking potential [/i]here - Vela was immense at youth level like Messi so it isn't ridiculous to think he has a similar level of [i]potential even if he hasn't delivered on it, or never delivers on it.

Judging potential is not an exact science, and is more of an opinion more than anything. Leave us be with our opinions.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2010
HNIC:

@Jalether
If I am a dolt, then you are freaking fraudster
You behaved as if AW made the statement yesterday night
and I asked you tacitly that if he thought he was world class yesterday,then why was he looking for a Goalie all summer
Not knowing that you went digging up something he said in FEB 2009!!!!!
Why not go and look for what AW said in 1980
and it's AW's opinion that he's world class. ,  
who are you to say he's apparently never been world class?
He was once courted by the English Press around that period to be England's number one.
Or if he is that bad as you are claiming, why would he be considered for England?
like I said STFU and vamoose from this place.

What a nincompoop

The crux of the issue here is, who brands Almunia as a world class goalie. . . .who does that

some assertions are simply ridiculous regardless of when and in what context they were made. now that my friend is the issue here
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2010
debosky:

Dunno why there's all this fuss - we're talking potential [/i]here - Vela was immense at youth level like Messi so it isn't ridiculous to think he has a similar level of [i]potential even if he hasn't delivered on it, or never delivers on it.

Judging potential is not an exact science, and is more of an opinion more than anything. Leave us be with our opinions.

You mean with our delusional opinions
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2010
jalether:

You mean with our delusional opinions

The opinion is based on Vela's form at youth level - if you're implying that Vela being the highest goalscorer in the U-17 tournament (a fact)is 'delusional' then I think you need to enrol for English comprehension classes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2010
debosky:

Was? What about now?
Yes potential is not an exact science, but at least there should be some meaningful perspective here.
Can I also say BEBE has the potential to be Messi? grin grin grin grin grin since we are talking about potential here grin grin grin

How old is Messi and how old is Vela?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2010
chamotex:

Was? What about now?
Yes potential is not an exact science, but at least there should be some meaningful perspective here.
Can I also say BEBE has the potential to be Messi? grin grin grin grin grin since we are talking about potential here grin grin grin

How old is Messi and how old is Vela?

What is the basis of comparison for Bebe? Did he excel at FIFA youth level like Messi and Vela did?

Vela won a youth tourney with Mexico along with the golden boot - that is one of the key points of comparison. Besides, players delivers on their potential at different points.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 3:30pm On Sep 16, 2010
E file e file, weyrey ni, weyrey ni!!!

Before we play dem brag say braga go bag goal wella. After all dem flog celtic and sevilla wey kolobi barca and rednose. We beat dem finish na because braga no sabi play.

Elenu lo lenu e je ko sa mpo ohun to fe so. Guy, you for like go r@pe anthill.

Its the Arsenal, like one very famous fan once said: Scared of me succeeding that's the reason they doubt me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
jalether:

What a nincompoop

The crux of the issue here is, who brands Almunia as a world class goalie. . . .who does that

some assertions are simply ridiculous regardless of when and in what context they were made. now that my friend is the issue here

AW branded Almunia as a World class Goalie when he spoke in Feb 2009 to arsenal.com
That's what he felt back then and he is entitled to his freaking opinion in the context with which he said it.
If you don't agree, you can go jump into the deepest part of River Thames!
I will respect his opinion more than a Chav who thinks otherwise.
Simple
And next time you make such statements, at least, put an addendum that, this statement was made a couple of years ago
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2010
slimshay:

Its the Arsenal, like one very famous fan once said: Scared of me succeeding that's the reason they doubt me.

Abi o, if dem no fear true true, dem no go come dey disturb us hia. Jalether already knows we are the only ones "presently" capable of competing with the Chavs this season with things falling apart as predicted at Manure this season, Baba Fergie might need to make some moves during the window to soothe some nerves at OT, only problem is that the Glazers might not have the kudi.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 3:50pm On Sep 16, 2010
HNIC:

AW branded Almunia as a World class Goalie when he spoke in Feb 2009 to arsenal.com
That's what he felt back then and he is entitled to his freaking opinion in the context with which he said it.
If you don't agree, you can go jump into the deepest part of River Thames!
I will respect his opinion more than a Chav who thinks otherwise.
Simple
And next time you make such statements, at least, put an addendum that, this statement was made a couple of years ago

And his opinion at the time can safely be deemed as purely delusional because Almunia has never consistently shown amazing form for anyone

with a fully functioning brain cells to consider him world class. In conclusion, arsene wenger is a delusional old geezer. simple as.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by jalether(m): 3:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
duduspace:

Abi o, if dem no fear true true, dem no go come dey disturb us hia. [b]Jalether already knows we are the only ones "presently" capable of competing with the Chavs [/b]this season with things falling apart as predicted at Manure this season, Baba Fergie might need to make some moves during the window to soothe some nerves at OT, only problem is that the Glazers might not have the kudi.

Dude you must be a comedian cheesy grin grin grin

and the delusion continues. . .it's a never ending trait with the gayners. for real
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chamotex(m): 4:13pm On Sep 16, 2010
debosky:

What is the basis of comparison for Bebe? Did he excel at FIFA youth level like Messi and Vela did?

Vela won a youth tourney with Mexico along with the golden boot - that is one of the key points of comparison. Besides, players delivers on their potential at different points.

So any player that shines or succeeds at a youth tournament should now be compared to Messi?

The Bebe comparison was a 'tongue in cheek' comment
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2010
jalether:

And his opinion at the time can safely be deemed as purely delusional because Almunia has never consistently shown amazing form for anyone
with a fully functioning brain cells to consider him world class. In conclusion, arsene wenger is a delusional old geezer. simple as.

Now Mr Jalether
Why was he being considered for England?
Please answer the question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

Manchester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 3rd December 2016 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! / UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.