Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,016 members, 7,859,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:04 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (73) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (70179 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Have you checked Bayerns position on the BL table?

How highly your standards have falling DK, are you now celebrating 6th place in the table?  undecided even in your 1 team dominated league you are still languishing in 6th place? O ma se o, shio.
God don catch yur Munschit club, the sleeping giant of Dortmund awakes from its slumber after their monetary wahala and your days of domination are over in the Bundesliga. Once Dortmund captures the league this year it will take you some doing to get it back with that young squad they've got over there. You better go and put out the fire in your backyard and stop disturbing us here.   tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2010
@eldee, you know its like a striker copping the golden boot and someone now comes along to say 'well, more than half were just tap-ins'. . . .simple mind I tell you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
Lol.

The same thing they said about Dortmund in the mid 90's.

Young players? Compare theirs to ours.

Muller, Kroos, Badstuber, Contento, Alaba can match Hummels, Schmelzer, Sahin, Goetze anyday.

Dont forget our "veterans Like Schweinsteiger, lahm, Ribery and Robben. are one of the best in the world in their respective positions

Bayern is one of the top 3 most financially stable clubs in Europe and it wont take a lot from our coffers to Get Neuer, Coentrao and even snatch Sahin and Hummels from Dortmund.

Even a blind man should know that with Lahm, Robben etc all still having 5 more yrs in them , Muller, Kroos Badstuber already playing beyond their age and with Platinis financial fair play of clubs only spending what they earn

Bayern is poised to rule Europe.

We were second last season when in transition, Our players mesmerized at the world cup even while not at peak form

Europe better take cover
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
slimshay:

'How many of those are backward or sideways passes'. . .the argument of the simple mind. SMH!!!

simple-mind you call it because you are simple-minded. when has denilson ever won man of the match in about 130 appearances for arsenal? none! he has never taken any game by the scruff of the neck. he hides. he doesn't dictate games and his number of passes is commensurate with the number of appearances. if other midfielders cop the same number of minutes than denilson, they will make more passes. that statistic is a fraud. i can understand an arsenal fan rating denilson. in the country of the blind, a cyclop like denilson is a king.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2010
slimshay:

@eldee, you know its like a striker copping the golden boot and someone now comes along to say 'well, more than half were just tap-ins'. . . .simple mind I tell you.

That negro is why we're called a possession team, we all know what happens when we're not with the ball.
When coaches talk, they say . . . 'don't let them pass the ball around and you'll beat them'. They're managers, their jobs depend on this.

Those sideways passes, that he gives just gives creative players the chance to find that opening, it gives Walcott to run into that area, it takes off the job of Fabregas distributing the ball, simply, he's the reason Fabregas is scoring.
59 accurate passes per game last season . . .

We need to separate pub-gist from football, anyone can be a football fan, but watching football is a different thing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2010
Jay-Z . . . 'owning teams is like paintings for billionaires, they're not profitable'. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 9:22pm On Nov 16, 2010
Cougar:

simple-mind you call it because you are simple-minded. when has denilson ever won man of the match in about 130 appearances for arsenal? none! he has never taken any game by the scruff of the neck. he hides. he doesn't dictate games and his number of passes is commensurate with the number of appearances. if other midfielders cop the same number of minutes than denilson, they will make more passes. that statistic is a fraud. i can understand an arsenal fan rating denilson. in the country of the blind, a cyclop like denilson is a king.

[b]You're talking about passes and you call Arsenal the 'city of the blind'??
[/b]No offence but have you ever watched a football game in your life before??

I'm not going to make any further comments on this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2010
@DK

Don't clog up our thread with your story, go climb your Fumblesliga table first and then come and make mouth later. That song yu've been practicing will surely be sung on your thread and not ours, though I can't speak for chelsea with their being likely to lose both Alex and Terry, it seems they are already preparing a concert ground for you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2010
If dem no want Denilson, make dem send am come Chelsea.

Just couple appearances wey Denilson make last season, e dey score goals.

How many goals did Fab4 score prior to 09/10?

Am absolutely convinved that Denilson would be a good attacking midfielder. If you want him to produce attacking stats, release him to go forward. Denilson is easily one of the best midfielders in the prem. For the last 4 years, he's always been at the top of the passing stats.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 10:01pm On Nov 16, 2010
Ibime:

If dem no want Denilson, make dem send am come Chelsea.

Just couple appearances wey Denilson make last season, e dey score goals.

How many goals did Fab4 score prior to 09/10?

Am absolutely convinved that Denilson would be a good attacking midfielder. If you want him to produce attacking stats, release him to go forward. Denilson is easily one of the best midfielders in the prem. For the last 4 years, he's always been at the top of the passing stats.

You guys have Mikel there already, they do basically the same thing.

I don't know of the attacking part though, he'll definitely score, he's with Arsenal, but Arsenal is a flair team so I'm sure people will still want him off.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2010
Abeg where is duduspace?

Are these the U21 guys you ppl shout about from Engerland? See as they were mauled by the Germans.
Lewis Holtby and Schurlle despite being absent,
Sebastian Rudy, Peniel Mlapa, Vukcevic, Gundogan, Tosun and rausch all looked ,like superstars as they mauled Loach, Steele, Mancienne, Bertrand; Rodwell,  Lansbury, Rose, Sinclair, Delfouneso.

If these are what you call prospect then I weak for you o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 12:16am On Nov 17, 2010
Stop venting over nothing joo, if your guys were so good, why didn't they make the U21 competition proper and yu're now flexing over winning a friendly?
There are Talents in England but the FA hardly ever pick the correct guys IMO, JET is going to be twice the player Delfouneso will ever be and there are a lot of guys missing from England too by the way like Sturridge, Cleverley and Wilshere while Rodwell is just back from injury.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:55am On Nov 17, 2010
Suara Cougar will you put a lid on it. The more you comment on this matter the simpler your points seem.

At Everton just this last weekend, as the first half wound down possesion was at 55everton 45arsenal. Denilson came in and the 15 minutes into the second half we were at 75arsenal 25everton.

Arsenal keep the ball better with Denilson on the pitch. He is not a flair player nor a workhorse, but you need to keep that move going? Give it to Neves.

8 of 25 passes for Arsenal's team goal and you are here asking about the scruff of his the neck. You want a man of the match performance, Arsenal vs Barca first leg(and he came in second half), Arsenal vs WestHam last season.

Ibime wetin you wan use Denilson do, shebi u get Ramires?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 8:20am On Nov 17, 2010
duduspace:

Stop venting over nothing joo, if your guys were so good, why didn't they make the U21 competition proper and yu're now flexing over winning a friendly?
There are Talents in England but the FA hardly ever pick the correct guys IMO, JET is going to be twice the player Delfouneso will ever be and there are a lot of guys missing from England too by the way like Sturridge, Cleverley and Wilshere while Rodwell is just back from injury.

Engerland can never be in the class of Germany thats a fact.

German U17 guys whooped them 4-0, German U21 walloped them 4-0 at the last Euro cup final, FIFA U17 Tni Kroos and co massacred them 4-1. Last World cup, the senior team was battered 4-0

Even for women tourney sef, Eniola Aluko and co were mauled 6-2

Una no dey tire?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 10:49am On Nov 17, 2010
Good or not good, Germany didn't qualify for the next U21 tourney, if beating England in a friendly has now turned into a trophy for them then you have my hearty congratulations. tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2010
slimshay:

Suara Cougar will you put a lid on it. The more you comment on this matter the simpler your points seem.

just like 99% of the gooners on this forum, you have absolutely nothing of value to add to the discussion except ad hominem sniping. and the reason for that is you have nothing to say unless it's spoonfed to you.

slimshay:

At Everton just this last weekend, as the first half wound down possesion was at 55everton 45arsenal. Denilson came in and the 15 minutes into the second half we were at 75arsenal 25everton.

back this stat up with evidence and stop debating like a simpleton. so you want me to believe(in 2010) that denilson's brilliance increased arsenal's possession stat from 45% to 75% against everton? nothing to do with the momentum of the game, the fact that everton were shoddy, and the fact that arsenal were already a goal up and they had everton where they wanted? this is the reason you and your likes are intellectually sterile.

slimshay:

Arsenal keep the ball better with Denilson on the pitch. He is not a flair player nor a workhorse, but you need to keep that move going? Give it to Neves.

like he did when united slaughtered arsenal 1-3 at the emirates with denilson on the pitch. denilson must be the new flavour of the month in arsenal. i just looked at the stats. he's not in the top 50 passers of the ball this season, neither is he in the key passer of the ball list.

slimshay:

8 of 25 passes for Arsenal's team goal and you are here asking about the scruff of his the neck. You want a man of the match performance, Arsenal vs Barca first leg(and he came in second half), Arsenal vs WestHam last season.

Ibime wetin you wan use Denilson do, shebi u get Ramires?

arsenal vs barca first leg? theo walcott and manuel almunia were the best arsenal players on the pitch not denilson.
arsenal vs west ham last season? home or away? either of them, denilson wasn't the man of the match. he has never won motm since he joined arsenal.

i am looking at the stats of key passes and cesc, nasri, arshavin, chamakh, wilshere and rosicky are higher than denilson on the list. evra is a defender and he has made more key passes than denilson "the maradona" of arsenal. i am beginning to understand why your lots have not won a single title in eons. you guys celebrate mediocrity.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
^^

It is moronic to expect Denilson to feature highly on THIS SEASON'S passing stats when he has barely played.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
debosky:

^^
It is moronic to expect Denilson to feature highly on THIS SEASON'S passing stats when he has barely played.

then i think it's even more idiotic to bring this up without telling us what he's done when he has played.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2010
I am not for or against in this argument - I simply pointed out an obvious flaw in your logic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 1:28pm On Nov 17, 2010
debosky:

I am not for or against in this argument - I simply pointed out an obvious flaw in your logic.

of course, i know you would sit on the fence on this. when arsenal fans rant about denilson's high number of passes, they ignore the most vital stat - which is the rate at which those passes are made or pass-per minute spent on the pitch. of course, the stats just say denilson has made 50,000 passes and fabregas made 300 passes and morons like slimshay will jump on it but the fact is denilson made 50,000 passes having played for 100,000 minutes. cesc made 300 passes having played for 280 minutes and half of cesc's passes are even key passes that easily becomes a goal attempt while denilson is romancing the ball in the area where his opponents don't care.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 2:25pm On Nov 17, 2010
@suara simplicity becomes you

How is it that even you dont understand the import of your own words. You say a player has never put in a scruff of the neck man of the match performance. I have given you example of 2 games where his performance was quite worthy of MOTM.

How is it that a player plays half a match and still notches up highest number of passes in the team. And you come here questioning the statement that we have better possession when he is in the team.
Or you think he was linked to Barcelona because they liked his fluffy hair.

So Arsenal wasnt in the leading going to the tunnel at Everton eh? Why did they have better possession stats. Or is it unreasonable to expect the home side to 'come out of the traps' as they say in the early parts of the second half? I say we turned a deficit in possession into such a massive difference and you are here talking about being in the lead.

Denilson had 100% pass completion against West ham. This is the point where you jump in and say it was just side ways and backward passes, . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2010
And stop quoting retard figure I have just shown you denilson made more passes having played half the amount of time cesc spent on the field.

So denilson job is now to find killer passes eh, sagna must be a wastepipe since he isn't copping headed goals then.

Dude I think you got dumber on your break.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2010
Has Cougar finally admitted to being Sauron?

At least this version of Sauron is less explosive. Maybe he has found God.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2010
slimshay:

How is it that a player plays half a match and still notches up highest number of passes in the team. And you come here questioning the statement that we have better possession when he is in the team.

maybe Sauron thinks they are practicing voodoo at Nou Camp?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 2:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
Ibime:

Has Cougar finally admitted to being Sauron?

At least this version of Sauron is less explosive. Maybe he has found God.

Find God ke? can a leopard change its spots? he is still the same anarchist, how did people identify him when he came back if he is less anything?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2010
slimshay:

@suara simplicity becomes you

How is it that even you dont understand the import of your own words. You say a player has never put in a scruff of the neck man of the match performance. I have given you example of 2 games where his performance was quite worthy of MOTM.

you are just exhibiting idiocy traits each time you post. you sat in the comfort of your living room and say denilson's performance was worthy motm against barcelona and i said almunia and theo walcott were better on the night - that is if i ignore barcelona players who gave one of their best performances in the history of their club. a feat pep guardiola said would never be replicated in the club and you dare mention denilson? you must have poop for brains.

slimshay:

more ineptitude in display. how did denilson notch up the highest number of passes in the team after coming on for 45 mins? arsenal must be breeding simpletons in leaps and bounds. denilson made 35 passes against everton. fabregas made 70 passes so tell us how denilson made more passes than fabregas? so because barcelona is linked to denilson means what? barcelona bought hleb, chygrnsky, abidal and maxwell. does that make them world class players?

So Arsenal wasnt in the leading going to the tunnel at Everton eh? Why did they have better possession stats. Or is it unreasonable to expect the home side to 'come out of the traps' as they say in the early parts of the second half? I say we turned a deficit in possession into such a massive difference and you are here talking about being in the lead.

see this slowpoke, possession stats fluctuates. to pin the increase in percentage of possession stats to a single player makes you sound like a retard. what do arsenal players eat that makes them this pitiful with the most ridiculous remarks known to man? goals change games. a goal scored relaxes the nerves of the team leading and the lead gives them more control to coast to the final whistle. denilson or no denilson, arsenal were always going to retain possession more than everton.

Denilson had 100% pass completion against West ham. This is the point where you jump in and say it was just side ways and backward passes,  . . .

100% pass completion against west ham? stop lying.

slimshay:

And stop quoting retard figure I have just shown you denilson made more passes having played half the amount of time cesc spent on the field.

So denilson job is now to find killer passes eh, sagna must be a wastepipe since he isn't copping headed goals then.

Dude I think you got dumber on your break.

you asswipe, are you talking about the rubbish stats you plucked out of your backside? denilson made more passes than cesc? on which pitch? goodison park? this is why many think arsenal fans are the most moronic set of posse in the world. priggish, deluded, scientology-esque useless, minority cabal of rabid, fanatical sycophants who attack, ridicule and denigrate anyone who has the temerity to (legitimately) question the quality of their players.

duduspace:

Find God ke? can a leopard change its spots? he is still the same anarchist, how did people identify him when he came back if he is less anything?

if i managed to harness the power of all the world's telescopes to create a "super telescope" with the power to see millions of miles into space, i still would not be able to locate my interest in anything you have to say (or think) about me. in fact, i want to be thought of negatively by ignorant, brainwashed people such as your deluded self.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2010
The idiot formerly known as sauron, can you return to the chart you posted on Arsenal thread after the barca match showing pass stats and see what denilson notched up in passes as against the next arsenal player being fabregas.

The irony of the matter is, I developed a keener interest in denilson's role in the middle of the field after this simpleton posted that chart to rib us. It interested me to know why a player will play half a match and notch highest number of passes in a team.

I guess you sit down in the more plush offices of Skysports to reach your own deductions that Denilson was shyte abi? Oponu oshi.

You disappoint me o. You didn't mention how his 100% pass completion against Westham was just backwards and sideways passes oh. And you come here accusing people of repeating what they hear. Face a mirror and keep repeating 'retard' at the doofus facing you.

I will call Cougar to come and release you. Didirin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2010
NL una dey crase, I said The !d!ot formerly known as Sauron, una no wan make e recognise hin goverment name ni?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
Slimshay haff vexed. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2010
slimshay:

The formerly known as sauron, can you return to the chart you posted on Arsenal thread after the barca match showing pass stats and see what denilson notched up in passes as against the next arsenal player being fabregas.

The irony of the matter is, I developed a keener interest in denilson's role in the middle of the field after this simpleton posted that chart to rib us. It interested me to know why a player will play half a match and notch highest number of passes in a team.

I guess you sit down in the more plush offices of Skysports to reach your own deductions that Denilson was shyte abi? Oponu oshi.

You disappoint me o. You didn't mention how his 100% pass completion against Westham was just backwards and sideways passes oh. And you come here accusing people of repeating what they hear. Face a mirror and keep repeating 'retard' at the doofus facing you.

I will call Cougar to come and release you. Didirin.

i know you will come back here and display more show of shame mixed with sterling idiocy. denilson is shyte. . . .there's no way denilson will start for chelsea, man utd or even the current liverpool. let him continue to produce 400% pass completion stats for you and win you nothing. jack wilshere is a better player than denilson and if denilson should get hit by a stray bullet in south london, he won't be missed in body and in spirit.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2010
^^^^oh dear, sensitive thug, I think you need a hug. Make I call DK for you. Bayern no dey discriminate.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ Sharon

Ibime thinks he's good enough to play for Chelski. . . .what say you to that?

(1) (2) (3) ... (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 22nd July 2020 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.