Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,868 members, 7,848,517 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (69875 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
slimshay:

^^^^oh dear, sensitive thug, I think you need a hug. Make I call DK for you. Bayern no dey discriminate.
debosky:

@ Sharon

Ibime thinks he's good enough to play for Chelski. . . .what say you to that?

stop referring to me as sharon/sauron - it always amazes me how weak-minded people are. someone anonymous person on the net says something, and everyone just adopts it as fact without question. no one bothers to question, or *think*. it's hardly surprising though; such is the way of the world.
if you have some proof that i am sauron/sharon or someone else on this site then produce it instead of being spoonfed with lies.

if sidwell and pizarro can be good enough for chelsea, then denilson(no cap for brazil) should be good enough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2010
Sauron is Cougar
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

stop referring to me as sharon/sauron - it always amazes me how weak-minded people are. someone anonymous person on the net says something, and everyone just adopts it as fact without question. no one bothers to question, or *think*. it's hardly surprising though; such is the way of the world.
if you have some proof that i am sauron/sharon or someone else on this site then produce it instead of being spoonfed with lies.

Cougare = Sharon. Now bite me. grin

if sidwell and pizarro can be good enough for chelsea, then denilson(no cap for brazil) should be good enough.

So your initial post was hogwash, claiming he wouldn't start for Chelski? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2010
debosky:

Cougare = Sharon. Now bite me.  grin

i am not a dog, i don't bite but stop peddling false allegations against me.

So your initial post was hogwash, claiming he wouldn't start for Chelski?  cheesy

if the earth remains spherical, denilson should not start for chelski. who can denilson ace in chelsea midfield? mikel is better than denilson. same as lampard, ramirez, essien and zhirkov. denilson is yet to cap a debut for brazil at 22. i mean, what other evidence do you guys need to know he's a mediocre player who retains possession in the area of the pitch where his markers are not interested in winning the ball from him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

But you don't need to be. . . or don't cougars bite anymore?  cheesy

if the earth remains spherical, denilson should not start for chelski. who is denilson better than in chelsea midfield? mikel is better than denilson. same as lampard, ramirez, essien and zhirkov. denilson is yet to cap a debut for brazil at 22. i mean, what other evidence do you guys need to know he's a mediocre player who retains possession in the area of the pitch where his markers are not interested in winning the ball from him.

Newsflash - the earth is not spherical, it is a spheroid with flat bits at the poles. This means Denilson can start for Chelski. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

if the earth remains spherical, denilson should not start for chelski. who can denilson ace in chelsea midfield? mikel is better than denilson. same as lampard, ramirez, essien and zhirkov. denilson is yet to cap a debut for brazil at 22. i mean, what other evidence do you guys need to know he's a mediocre player who retains possession in the area of the pitch where his markers are not interested in winning the ball from him.

So before, it was . . . he doesn't pass enough, then it became, his pass/match ratio was low . . . then it became, he only passes this good because no one tackles him . . . like seriously, what team lets you hold the ball in the midfield . . . SMH!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2010
eldee:

So before, it was . . . he doesn't pass enough, then it became, his pass/match ratio was low . . . then it became, he only passes this good because no one tackles him . . . like seriously, what team lets you hold the ball in the midfield . . . SMH!!!

keep shaking your head but ma point was. . . . .denilson cops high number of passes because he copss more minutes than the arsenal players who are skilled to retain possession. more minutes on the pitch should give him more passes than cesc, diaby, nasri, etc. as an aside, he also retains possession mostly in his half and his range of passing is 5-10 yards(high accuracy, less difficulty) unlike cesc, xavi or scholes or lampard whose range are between 5-60 yards(prone to inaccuarcy because of the difficulty involved). any slowpoke can make 2-10 yard passes and get away with them. it doesn't make them geniuses - only the fans of arsenal will celebrate denilson.

debosky:

But you don't need to be. . . or don't cougars bite anymore?  cheesy

Newsflash - the earth is not spherical, it is a spheroid with flat bits at the poles. This means Denilson can start for Chelski. cheesy cheesy

good luck to chelsea and denilson then.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 4:35pm On Nov 18, 2010
Not any slowpoke can make 5 to 10 yard passes. Its the most difficult skill in footie. Cats like Gerrard never mastered such skill.

Denilson has shown from his few minutes last season that he can produce in the final third.

I would remind some that players like Iniesta and Alex Hleb have no end product, yet are rated as some of the best midfielders. Denilson who hasn't even had the opportunity to express himself further up the pitch is being castigated for not having end product. And even then, I'm sure he scored some good goals last season£ I don't need to remind cats that just 3 years ago, Fabregas had little end product until Wenger gave him licence to roam.

Denilson is currently one of those devalued players who have the propensity to blow if deployed correctly. Same thing I said about Nani and Alex Song before him. My eye no dey lie. Denilsons talent is evident, just waiting to blossom.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

keep shaking your head but ma point was. . . . .denilson cops high number of passes because he copss more minutes than the arsenal players who are skilled to retain possession. more minutes on the pitch should give him more passes than cesc, diaby, nasri, etc. as an aside, he also retains possession mostly in his half and his range of passing is 5-10 yards(high accuracy, less difficulty) unlike cesc, xavi or scholes or lampard whose range are between 5-60 yards(prone to inaccuarcy because of the difficulty involved). any slowpoke can make 2-10 yard passes and get away with them. it doesn't make them geniuses - only the fans of arsenal will celebrate denilson.

Stop saying he's not passing enough . . . 59 accurate passes per match last season was one of the best in the EPL.
Get it, this is a ratio . . . passes per match, so it eliminates the B.S about the others don't get many matches, and a proof of his consistency.

Now are those passes important?? Possession battles are won in the midfield . . . every  knows that.
And those passes help to hold the ball while creative players are finding spaces, that's why Arsenal is a possession team.
And to prove my thing about consistency, he had 45 minutes in the Everton Match and he produced half of his last season pass/match average.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ibime:

1)Not any slowpoke can make 5 to 10 yard passes. Its the most difficult skill in footie. Cats like Gerrard never mastered such skill.

2)Denilson has shown from his few minutes last season that he can produce in the final third.

3)I would remind some that players like Iniesta and Alex Hleb have no end product, yet are rated as some of the best midfielders. Denilson who hasn't even had the opportunity to express himself further up the pitch is being castigated for not having end product. And even then, I'm sure he scored some good goals last season£ I don't need to remind cats that just 3 years ago, Fabregas had little end product until Wenger gave him licence to roam.

4)Denilson is currently one of those devalued players who have the propensity to blow if deployed correctly. Same thing I said about Nani and Alex Song before him. My eye no dey lie. Denilsons talent is evident, just waiting to blossom.

1)cats like gerrard never mastered short passes because they consider it easy. even van der sar makes such passes in his box. what's the big deal?

2)produce what in the final third? 1 assist in 1573 league minutes last season?

3) don't even compare the football intelligence of alexander hleb or iniesta to denilson. arsenal missed hleb. all their industrious football in 07/08 was from the feet of hleb and the quality in their football dropped when hleb moved to spain. denilson has no such football intelligence but to do 'keep ball' in the centre circle and make 5-10 yard passes. what is so skillful in that? will it win games for arsenal?

4) nani is a better player, alex song is a gem. they can all produce a moment of brilliance to win games. denilson cannot. he is 22 and by now should be playing international friendlies for brazil if he's so good like arsenal fans keep fellating on him.

eldee:

Stop saying he's not passing enough . . . 59 accurate passes per match last season was one of the best in the EPL.
Get it, this is a ratio . . . passes per match, so it eliminates the B.S about the others don't get many matches, and a proof of his consistency.

don't distort the facts. you are quoting his number of passes per appearance. appearance doesn't mean 90 mins. a min appearance and a 90 min appearance is 1 appearance. give us his number of passes per minute played then we can have a proper argument.

Now are those passes important?? Possession battles are won in the midfield . . . every  knows that.
And those passes help to hold the ball while creative players are finding spaces, that's why Arsenal is a possession team.
And to prove my thing about consistency, he had 45 minutes in the Everton Match and he produced half of his last season pass/match average.

then you are assuming every team is bothered about possession. explain to us how jose mourinho beat the champions of england, spain and germany with less than 30% possession?

and stop this blasphemy, denilson made 35 passes against everton of which 30 were accurate. cesc made 70 passes, 52 were accurate so what does denilson really add to this team? you have the chutzpah to question my opinion that denilson is shyte without actually advancing anything other than hollow soundbites and the crap spewed by drunken arsenal pundits.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Ibime(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2010
Keepball is easy for Gerrard, that's why he doesn't do it?

The fact is he can't. That's why Nasri and Gourcuff disgraced him yesterday.

Not everyone can play tippy tappy. . .and Denilson is one of the best.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ibime:

gerrard goes for the hollywood passes. from 5 yards to 70 yards and so on and forth. the difficulty in executing those is more than denilson who cannot hit it more than 10 yards to a teammate. the team disgraced by nasri/gourcouff is a b-team. henderson, carroll, walcott, jaglieka, gibbs are b-teamers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
1)cats like gerrard never mastered short passes because they consider it easy. even van der sar makes such passes in his box. what's the big deal?

This guy must be a comedian grin. Who makes this kind of statements? shocked  shocked

And I believe Matheu Flamini and Cesc Fabregas were just prancing about in the middle of the park while Hleb worked his butts of eh? I join Eldee shake head vigorously!!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 5:32pm On Nov 18, 2010
@Cougar

Pick an Arsenal player and I'll compare his pass/minute ratio with Denilson . . . now I'll go through the pain of calculate everything, but I want you to put your money where your mouth is. . . it's going to be fun taking money off you. grin grin

Deal or no deal??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2010
Bayern hero Beckenbauer backs Bendtner bid
Bayern have been prominently linked with the Denmark international and Beckenbauer, who recently resigned as club president, certainly believes Bendtner is of the calibre required by the German Double winners.

Beckenbauer told the Daily Mirror: "Yes, he is among some players, who have done very well - both for Denmark and for his club, and who has got the class and the potential to play in a club like Bayern Munich, where we already have a lot of class players."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=843282&sec=transfers&cc=5739&cc=5739

This guy is not even in our first team and he's 'one of the players with class to play in Bayern??' grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
eldee:

@Cougar

Pick an Arsenal player and I'll compare his pass/minute ratio with Denilson . . . now I'll go through the pain of calculate everything, but I want you to put your money where your mouth is. . . it's going to be fun taking money off you. grin grin

Deal or no deal??

there must be ten players in arsenal with better pass/minute ratio than denilson on the top of my head. almunia and fabianski should be better. same as eboue, rosicky, etc.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

there must be ten players in arsenal with better pass/minute ratio than denilson on the top of my head. almunia and fabianski should be better. same as eboue, rosicky, etc.

Did you read what I said, pick one and tell me how much you wanna put on it . . . open view on NL, no mago-mago.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2010
eldee:

Did you read what I said, pick one and tell me how much you wanna put on it . . . open view on NL, no mago-mago.

what are we calculating? attempted pass per minute or accurate pass/min?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

what are we calculating? attempted pass per minute or accurate pass/min?

Here's your quote . . . 'there must be ten players in arsenal with better pass/minute ratio than denilson on the top of my head.' grin grin
I love the way you back out. . . grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2010
I am not following this argument, But Its so easy for defenders and uncreative DMs to make senseless passes among them without any impact other than to incearse their pass stat .

Compare the type of Mikel-like passes to those by Lampard for Chelsea

At Bayern, VanBuyen and the defenders exchange passes like 7 times between them and yet nothing dangerous would be done.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ritchboy(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2010
stop referring to me as sharon/sauron

Hehehehe, how can this moraphorka still be denying he's Sharon/Jackal after already ADMITTING he said THIS?

rooney was a better player than henry in 2006. henry was a shadow of himself in 2006 especially after the world cup so MY STATEMENT then was very valid.

Is Sharon suffering from an unknown disorder? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2010
Dk when you meet a team that presses for the ball a la Barca, defenders and MFs won't dare make meaningless passes. And they had better be good on the ball.

I will not go into the importance of the 'meaningless pass' to a tippy tappy side like Arsenal and Barca. And even to some extent last season's bayern. Haven't seen a lot of your games this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 7:47pm On Nov 18, 2010
Cougar:

if i managed to harness the power of all the world's telescopes to create a "super telescope" with the power to see millions of miles into space, i still would not be able to locate my interest in anything you have to say (or think) about me. in fact, i want to be thought of negatively by ignorant, brainwashed people such as your deluded self.

Oh dear, some folks have lost their sense of humor. Have you really found God? please accept my hearty congratulations I hope he didn't run away when he stumbled into you or you into him, you can tell him for me I'm yet to see him and I still think he is a myth. You are largely unchanged though, its still the same old Sauron, IMO the most fanatical Manure supporter on nairaland even though Starboard is running you close for that title these days or can it be yet another pseudonym? undecided
Naaaaa, thats just me being paranoid.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2010
Ibime:

Gerrard and Lumpard have never been the tippy tappy MF type that excel in ball retention, not that their type of football doesn't have its own uses though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
ritchboy:

Hehehehe, how can this moraphorka still be denying he's Sharon/Jackal after already ADMITTING he said THIS?

Is Sharon suffering from an unknown disorder? cheesy

i think you are the one that is supposed to see your spiritualist. you cannot handle the fact that your arguments hold no weight, so you do the inevitable - patch up a useless allegation against me to score cheap brownie points. you are a disgrace! if you're as clued up as you think then you should know i have had this same argument on another topic before and there i said i thought rooney was a better player than henry in 2006.

as an aside, i may actually take more of an interest if you weren't such a vile, obnoxious and objectionable twit. whenever i've come across anything you've written, it's incredibly hostile and provocative with little or nous and it also comes with the most ridiculous football comparison like saying kolo toure aces vidic or gael clichy is better than evra. if anyone takes his/her time to peruse everything you have typed on this forum he/she will know you need a brain transplant.

duduspace:

Oh dear, some folks have lost their sense of humor. Have you really found God? please accept my hearty congratulations I hope he didn't run away when he stumbled into you or you into him, you can tell him for me I'm yet to see him and I still think he is a myth. You are largely unchanged though, its still the same old Sauron, IMO the most fanatical Manure supporter on nairaland even though Starboard is running you close for that title these days or can it be yet another pseudonym? undecided
Naaaaa, thats just me being paranoid.

i give as much thought to the codswallop above as i do washing my dishes. smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 2:16am On Nov 19, 2010
Now Cougar,are you the same person as Sharon?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2010
RVP had wanted Arsenal to sign Van der Vart in the summer but Wenger declines. Anyway, thats a forgone wish. Let the boiz teach them spuds some lesson
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2010
And who exactly would VdV have replaced in the first team? Cesc? Nasri? Arshavin?

I don't think we needed him, I still don't think we need him - Wilshere and Ramsey are coming through and we have quality performers doing their business now.

Looking forward to hearing any injury news. . . .it doesn't sound too bad so far.

Nik seems to have gotten his head straight after the rant of a while back

I have been talking to Arsene Wenger and he has told me the same things that he said publicly, that I have to be patient.

He is right and I have known that all the time. I just want to play, like any other player. But I am aware that my team-mates have been playing well in my absence and some have been scoring goals as well, so it won’t be easy for me to regain my place among the starting XI.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/212396/Nicklas-Bendtner-will-play-patience-after-talk-with-Arsene-Wenger/
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2010
Ibime no more bypassing word filter in here, if you cant post and be civil in our hallowed thread then do not post in here tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
Cougar:

stop referring to me as sharon/sauron - it always amazes me how weak-minded people aresomeone anonymous person on the net says something, and everyone just adopts it as fact without question. no one bothers to question, or *think*. it's hardly surprising though; such is the way of the world.
On point.
The other day,someone was calling me Eastbay.All because we were in a fight,and apparently the last person he fought with on Nairaland was Eastbay,and I am (supposedly)new to Nairaland.
Very uninspiring and lazy deductions and conclusions we see these days.People don't want to think anymore.It's sad. sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2010
Can someone please tell VP that it is the tinnies that should be running their mouth not him helping them. He should not upset the natural order God has bestowed upon North London.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2010
StarBoard:

On point.
The other day,[b]someone [/b]was calling me Eastbay.All because we were in a fight,and apparently the last person he fought with on Nairaland was Eastbay,and I am (supposedly)new to Nairaland.
Very uninspiring and lazy deductions and conclusions we see these days.People don't want to think anymore.It's sad. sad

Grow some balls man. . . . or are you scared of mentioning my name? cheesy tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 22nd July 2020 / Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.