Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (69482 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 4:24am On Nov 15, 2010
@Kay

I am beginning to think Ikpeba didnt see the 4 walls of a secondary school, but interestingly he was one the finest YABATECH could boast of then, way back early 90's, at least around 95/96 we were mesmerized with tales of how he lit up the field of[b] YABA RIGHT with his skills[/b] grin

Even his younger brother, Kayode that I played[b] jeun jeun[/b] together with then(97/98), never sounded that piss poor grammatically embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:19am On Nov 15, 2010
slimshay:

Nah. Bendtner contacted a mild case of decibelus maximus , commonly known as loud mouth, the last time he was in Denmark. Nothing that a few days enforced rest on the bench or outta the squad wont fix. When he returns he will be like a new SINGING as in akorin tuntun. grin

One of the reasons for which I respect Le Prof
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 5:20am On Nov 15, 2010
[img][/img]

See as Abou Diaby face be grin grin grin grin,they all look like the three musketeers

Well,Christmas is coming early this year;We beat Everton away,Super Falcons defeated the boys from E.Guinea to win the CAF women"Nations Cup" for the sixth time and wait for this,,, grin grin grin ;DChelski was beaten blue black by,,,,wait again for this Sunderland shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What better Sunday/advance christmas present could I have asked for

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by v3: 7:53am On Nov 15, 2010
Dr.Kit? Easy mate. . Thanks
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 8:37am On Nov 15, 2010
There is lovely feeling you get, going into an international break having grabbed maximum points. Lovely I tell ya cool

Meanwhile as to the noise makers around the corner, can someone please join me in prayer, that one of the usual m0r0ns will come out with their 'we are now as strong as Arsenal' nonsense. It is always a sure sign from God that they are about to get totally walloped.

In other news abeg when is the Arsenal vs England+Arsenal match? tongue cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 9:32am On Nov 15, 2010
My best move of yesterday was when Prince Nas took the ball from around the centre circle, proceeded on a 'Theolike' run,
Went round Jagielka like he was a Non-living thing and his shot was only stopped by a briliant effort by Howard.
Fantastic!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by duduspace(m): 9:55am On Nov 15, 2010
HNIC:

My best move of yesterday was when Prince Nas took the ball from around the centre circle, proceeded on a 'Theolike' run,
Went round Jagielka like he was a Non-living thing and his shot was only stopped by a briliant effort by Howard.
Fantastic!

Nas has that in him, we need to see more of it and here is hoping we do.

@Dr. Kit
We all need Jesus, and a nice bottle of Shekpe too so we don't hang ourselves on the cross with our own hands. You no hear wetin Prof talk, "if yu're not impressed by Chamakh then you must be a very difficult person to please", I know yu aint a Chamakh fan and to be honest some of your reasons are genuine but abeg no right thinking manager will start NB52 ahead of MC29, if anything Chamakh can learn to be a bit more selfish but the way he allows all the other players to come into play is remarkable, don't you see the spring in Arshavin's steps when he plays with Chamakh?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:30am On Nov 15, 2010
The Man!
Bacary Sagna

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2010
Agbaya grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2010
slimshay:

Nah. Bendtner contacted a mild case of decibelus maximus , commonly known as loud mouth, the last time he was in Denmark. Nothing that a few days enforced rest on the bench or outta the squad wont fix. When he returns he will be like a new SINGING as in akorin tuntun. grin

Le Prof said Bendtner had a 'medical' injury. . . . what other kind of injury is there? grin

I understand Kit’s issues with MC29, and there is some basis for it, but a lot of it is hot air and bunkum (as usual). grin

MC29 is still trying to get to grips with the EPL - give him time and his on the ground finishing will improve as well.

Thinking back to the Wolves game for the second goal, MC held his run for a long while till Fab4 released the pass. . . if it was mumubayor, he would’ve been 5 miles offside by then. grin

It’s things like that which make me relaxed. If he simply needs to be more selfish, that can be coached into him - just a gentle word will do. . . .but a football brain to understand the offside rule? You can never teach that. grin

When Kit talks about Fab4 and Ade having chemistry, I can see the same happening with Fab4 and MC29. On Wednesday it was Cesc creating for MC; on Sunday MC returned the favour.

Nic should bide his time. . .when the frenetic December fixtures come along, all the strikers will get berths to play and all will have a chance to prove their worth.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2010
A quite interesting point to note is that MC had said one of d most important things Laurent Blanc his mentor told him was to remember he was a striker and be more selfish in front of goal.
However we are seeing a totally contrary application in Arsenal. I'm thinking he's been repeatedly told that he's here for his ability to involve others in play. And credit to AW its been working so far. Seeing as he's had only one bad game and he was coming from illness.

Anyways I will still like to see him express his attacking instict more, so he doesn't totally lose it while creating goals and allowing others to shine. He's however still our leading scorer even without belting shots at goal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:18am On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

MC29 is still trying to get to grips with the EPL - give him time and his on the ground finishing will improve as well.

I have quit debating this issue after I explained that If we had judged Henry based on his first 13/14 games for Arsenal, we would have sold him in the next transfer window that came along.
Here is a player who is the leading scorer in his debut season, when he shouldn't even be getting games.
I will only judge MC29 at the end of the season.
Remove his contributions so far and I wonder where we would be!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 1:08pm On Nov 15, 2010
HNIC:

I have quit debating this issue after I explained that If we had judged Henry based on his first 13/14 games for Arsenal, we would have sold him in the next transfer window that came along.
Here is a player who is the leading scorer in his debut season, when he shouldn't even be getting games.
I will only judge MC29 at the end of the season.
Remove his contributions so far and I wonder where we would be!

i believe that is because he has spent more minutes on the pitch than any arsenal striker this season or you expect van persie to be the leading scorer from the bench? nicklas from the bench? vela from reserves?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
Cougar:

i believe that is because he has spent more minutes on the pitch than any arsenal striker this season or you expect van persie to be the leading scorer from the bench? nicklas from the bench? vela from reserves?

How many goals had RVP scored at a similar stage last season with the most minutes on the pitch and with Cesc fit and ready for all the early games?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by yousouph(m): 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2010
Arsenal boss Wenger "regrets" losing Bothroyd

Bothroyd, 28, was ushered out of the Gunners ten years ago after an angry reaction in an Under-19 match when he threw his shirt at coach Don Howe after being substituted.
The striker moved on to Coventry and played for Perugia, Blackburn, Wolves, Charlton and Stoke before really settling at Championship side Cardiff and earning a surprise England call-up for Wednesday's friendly against France
He is one of my regrets, Bothroyd, because he left very early," said Wenger. "The incident didn't happen in the first-team group, it happened in the youth team and Liam Brady is responsible for that. They made the decision and I didn't stand in their way because it was a disciplinary matter.

"He had a little outcome you can have when you are 16, 17, when you are upset, but he is a good guy. He is a classy, left-footed player, strong body and has fantastic technique.

"Like all these talented players, sometimes they only realise later that they have talent but you have to work as well. Sometimes to go down to the Championship, there is no better education."

Bothroyd, who joined the Bluebirds in August 2008, has scored 15 goals this season, including two in Saturday's 4-2 win at Scunthorpe, to help fire the Welsh club to the top of the Championship.

"It was an honour to be called up to represent England by Fabio Capello and I can't wait to train with the lads this week before the big night at Wembley on Wednesday night," Bothroyd told the club's official website.

"Like all players, as a boy it was my dream to represent my country and to make my family proud. I've done that at Under 21 level and now hope to add to that with the senior England squad this week. But I'm not getting carried away and know that it'll be up to me to knuckle down and try to impress the coaching staff and squad with my overall contribution in training."
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

at the business end of the season, RVP would have been injured . . .f@ck me, did I say that ? oh yes! we all know the truth . . .

Even if that happens, with MC29 and Bendtner, we have two genuine options, not just one with Bendtner last season. Seems like Vela has now become a ball boy at Arsenal FC. grin

our best CB has been injured for a while now . . .FAB HAS BEEN PLAYING WITH INJURY !

. . . .not to mention RVP not playing at all yet this season. To be only two points off with all that going on is a near miracle.

Arshavin is not reliable, Rosicky is old, Walcott's shoulder cant be trusted grin Gibbs has left us with no cover for Kiishi, Diaby that adds another dimension sef don become aro kese grin

Arshavin is getting better - his last two games showed lots of promise. Rozzi is a very good option to have especially on the bench and while he’s not scoring, he is a good continuity player. Gibbs gives me worry, I just hope he’s overcome his issues.

As for Diaby, he needs deliverance. grin

Fab4 will be injured at some point, am sure you will remember when we got burnt worse when in 2008 when FAB4 and Adebayor got injured and they came back almost at the same time, PROF BENDTNER couldnt do f@ckall in 10/11 games, but when they came back the synergy fired us into the semis with Manure . . .fast forward the 2 matchdays the biggest culprits were Ade and FAB4 cos they couldnt do the needed to win Manure . . . .

I am less worried about a Fab4 injury this time around. . . .yes it could happen, but at least we have Wilshere who can deputise to some extent. The goals Fab4 score are being spread across the team with Nasri, Walcott and others scoring too so I believe we are less reliant on him than previously though he remains the kingpin.

Chamakh will always score against weaker teams, but like we have seen he loves to get involved in gameplay and just like Cougar said we already have too many midfielders creating chances, why another striker jam-packing the middle instead of playing direct ?

Chamakh is direct - if he wasn’t, Boyata wouldn’t be sent off, if he wasn’t he wouldn’t score the second against Wolves. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t have scored in 6 successive CL games. He might overdo it sometimes, but his goal return shows directness.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

How many goals had RVP scored at a similar stage last season with the most minutes on the pitch and with Cesc fit and ready for all the early games?

as at nov 7 2009, van persie copped 6 goals and 4 assists before his injury against italy on the 14th of november.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
slimshay:

^^^You must be smoking something expired. Ever heard of the Old Firm? Milan derby my a$$, buncha static tired cross carpeting men. Shior.
I've warned u times without numbers to stop smoking Ganja leaves however you fail to heed to my advice. I bet you must be regretting that decision you made now . Those static tired cross carpeting men as you put it have won more trophies than all the players in your shitty club's history put together.

Back to the topic at hand, who in their right rates the scottish Old firm derby over the Derby della Madonnina?. . . . . . Infact Most peeps would rather watch Pompey vs The Saints.

kay_pumpin:

Foolish me,here i am thinking Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chief had a match today and Chimp was mad at Muki's oversight. tongue
Need I say more grin. . . . . . That says it all really. Foolish Indeed tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2010
Chickenshit, since you have decided to elongate and expose your m0r0nity, I will leave people to educate you. Derby de bella ko, Deborah Bella Adenuga ni.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
Cougar:

as at nov 7 2009, van persie copped 6 goals and 4 assists before his injury against italy on the 14th of november.

This was after playing for Arsenal since 2004 wasn't it?

Compare this with 8 goals and 5 assists for Chamakh in all competitions, with Fab4 missing about half the games.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by chic2pimp(m): 5:11pm On Nov 15, 2010
SlimAmoeba,Why wait for Goons to educate me, why not do it yourself?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 5:28pm On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

Compare this with 8 goals and 5 assists for Chamakh in all competitions, with Fab4 missing about half the games.
Perfect Answer
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2010
hmmn, well dont wanna be insulted again but its good to see there are people here who are not totally knee jerk reactionary fans

MC is ok, at the very least, one should say that he is OKAY, and better than mumubayor and bartender joined together tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin

that doc guy never ceases to amaze me with the ease which he pumps out vitriolics, is he a vet docky? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
kay_pumpin:

Foolish me,here i am thinking Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chief had a match today and Chimp was mad at Muki's oversight. tongue
grin grin grin grin grin

chickenshrimp
tongue grin grin grin why you nor create one na? grin

Slimshay you are not well walahi grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by slimshay(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2010
Pussy2trick a very popular arsenal fan once told 'never argue with fools, people from a distance can't tell who is who'

This is written by perhaps the most biased Italian journalist you will come across on the www. Take heed to his words about the Old Firm. There's a lot more see, but I won't bother with you.

Oya gbasibe,

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2008/11/14/964231/goalcom-worldview-what-is-the-worlds-biggest-local-derby
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by edoyad(m): 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Slim, while the best derby in the world is a contentious issue, i'm definitely sure of the most useless derby in the world: the munchen derby. It has to be one of the most awful things to witness in human existence, even the players don't know it exists and those who do find it meaningless.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by folahann(m): 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2010
dayokanu:

A Chamakh-like miss

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch=/v/YNKBEHFzZs4&feature=player_embedded[/flash]

Which kain miss be this, lord God hsve mercy. That guy should never play football again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 10:30pm On Nov 15, 2010
@V3

meaning what ?

u mean I cuss and diss as I want in here ? b4 u lot got in here, we always did sh@t so dont give me that holy holy crap . . .I dont give a f@ck whose ox is getting gored right about now . . . cool

u should know peeps u can dish warnings to . . .

@Debosky

na mumungidas like u dey give that destitute called 4ckabuntu mouth to dey yarn for here . . .u said u saw reason with what I wrote . . .come out now and defend why u have been telling us Bendtner is the best thing after ojojo, are u also suffering from selective amnesia ?  undecided

Chamakh has got a good return thus far and all I have said is - I dont see MC29 being any better, we all know how many goals Nic scored towards the end of last season, so there is no biggie about their goals/game ratio or even goals/minutes played as I had shown here earlier on the thread, my point is having Chamakh and Bendtner in the same team is a FAT JOKE, its bllody waste of space !!!

when strong players that can disturb defences at will were available we didnt buy, e.g Rodallega, Kewyl Jones, now we choose to buy Chamakh thats just another makeshift striker . . . .its good to bandy his stats now but we all know how the cookies crumble at the end for our strikers . . .its pathetic to say the least that we dont have A GOALPOACHER but rather we keep yapping about how he brings others into play . . .are we talking about 38 games here ?

bloody hell ! its a marathon, u guys shouldnt believe ur own lies into thinking he will score so many . . . .there is a certain Eduardo that I keep remembering ! The fact that Henry didnt do so well coming into the team freshly but later became the King of the EPL doesnt exactly indicate that Chamakh would follow in its footsteps . . .

We are mentioning too many in the striking positions but how many of them are really delivering the goods ?

Arshavin ?

Vela ?

Chamakh ?

Bendtner ?

RVP ? physio united fc player  grin

JET ?

Walcott ?

The reality check should be : when we find it hard keeping clean sheets, how well do we do in making sure our boys dont just keep romancing the ball forever ?

seriously, a player in the mould of the old RVN would just have been OK for me, in lieu of players like Lukaku, Ranger, who just know how to bully defenders all day long . . .

explains why I love DD, no nonsense bully ! not all these our biscuit-boned injury-friendly, gutless-when-it-matters players . . .

@4ckabuntu

Go f@ck a dog or sumtin' . . .am not in ur league, one of ur co-twerps shoulda told u that when I diss I diss to ur earliest generations, reminding u of the sorry tale of how u were inordinately and inappropriately conceived  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:51pm On Nov 15, 2010
Kit I nor get your time this night. . . . .just dey yarn dey go.

All this gra gra about 'strong' defenders. . . we will see. Just teach Clichy and Sagna how to cross and Chamakh will score 15 goals from headers alone. grin grin

I didn't say he's better than Nik, that remains to be seen. . . .but I doubt Nik will go to a new team in a new, tougher league and produce like MC29. That is what is most impressive, showing that, with more time he could be even more productive.

Yes we need strikers who will shoot without thinking twice. . . .but till we have them/our current stock change, we support them 100%.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by DrKitaun(m): 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
debosky:

Kit I nor get your time this night. . . . .just dey yarn dey go.

I didn't say he's better than Nik, that remains to be seen. . . .but I doubt Nik will go to a new team in a new, tougher league and produce like MC29. That is what is most impressive, showing that, with more time he could be even more productive.

Yes we need strikers who will shoot without thinking twice. . . .but till we have them/our current stock change, we support them 100%.

Brilliant !

at least, I remember being the 1st to ask then what will happen when Nic comes back and the reason I do/did ask was cos: u and I know in the past what we have/had said about these players, Nic especially . . . .so can u pls advice these irritants masquerading as concerned voltrons of Chamakh to get off my case ?

being co-gunners doesnt mean we should be jumping into others' convos I believe, I remember not wanting to jump into ur convo on monetary affairs and sustenability models with Duduface grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cougar: 1:27am On Nov 16, 2010
debosky:

so why make a daft comparison at first when you were always going to bring van persie's x years at arsenal into it? did van persie join arsenal at the age of 26 like chamakh?

van persie copped 8 goals and 8 assists in all competitions in fewer games - you really need to stop the chamakh cyber-fellating. he has made 18 appearances for arsenal in all competitions so it's not rocket science he's your top scorer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (100)

UCL: Real Madrid Vs Paris Saint Germain (3 - 1) On 14th February 2018 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015 / UEFA Changed The Formation Of Their Team Of The Year To Accommodate Ronaldo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.