Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,742 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

#fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics (1303 Views)

Simi Apologizes To Fans Over Poor Organization At Lagos Concert / Rihanna Follows Eleven Paz, Model With Tribal Marks / Funke Adesiyan: "How My Tribal Marks Greatly Affected My Self-Esteem" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by kikio1992(m): 7:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
Nigerian singer, Simi, has taken to Twitter to apologize for her derogatory tribal marks lyrics as she did her version of the #FvckyouChallange.

This is coming after she was called out by tribal marks model, Adetutu. (full gist here --->> https://www.nairaland.com/5107743/adetutu-alabi-blasts-simi-degrading)

Taking to social media to clear the air, Simi shared an image on Twitter which read;

Guys I had to bring down my post cos I used the line “abi o ro bi mo kola ni” (Do you think I have tribal marks?) – which people mean to say “Am I stupid”.
It’s an old Yoruba ‘joke’, but I never acknowledged how insensitive it is. It offended some and I shouldn’t have used it. Lots of unlearning to do. We should remember to be sensitive and emphatic to others,
Also I know the video is all over the place already, but it’s a step in the right direction and I apologize to anyone that was/is offended by it. I only ever mean
well
Also, if you think this is extra, it’s part of the problem. Always letting BS go is how we build the wrong cultures that become hard to shake off.

Source: https://lailasnews.com/fvckyouchallange-simi-apologizes-for-derogatory-tribal-marks-lyrics/

Lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Dboy55(m): 7:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
Who cares ?
Not me
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by athaboi(f): 7:47pm On Mar 30, 2019
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by izzou(m): 8:00pm On Mar 30, 2019
grin

I'm not Yoruba, but I know how sensitive that statement can be. I wonder how you didn't know

And please advise yourself to be sensitive, not us. Kizz Daniel no force you to do any cover
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Eugenemartins: 8:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
silly excuse
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by IamD18: 8:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
So "Tribal mark" means Stupidity?

Hmmm! Odiegwu o!

Ndi ofe mmanu'a sef!

1 Like

Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 30, 2019
Honestly people taking it personal are totally dumb... Am sure some people with tribal marks do call people Aboki(múmu) so why are the hausas not revolting ..

Sometimes I think the 80% of the people of this country are on different levels of frustration and depression

We all know it's a childish joke that means nothing but No No we gotta blow everything outta proportion
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by adonismuller(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
Actually tribal marks makes someone look dumb!

The ancient people must be dumb to think puting a razor blade in someone face can cure any form of illness ....

Thank God for this technology generation
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by izzou(m): 8:41pm On Mar 30, 2019
kallmemrB:
Honestly people taking it personal are totally dumb... Am sure some people with tribal marks do call people Aboki(múmu) so why are the hausas not revolting ..

Sometimes I think the 80% of the people of this country are on different levels of frustration and depression

We all know it's a childish joke that means nothing but No No we gotta blow everything outta proportion

Aboki means friend in Hausa
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Thales01: 9:22pm On Mar 30, 2019
I think Adetutu feeling insulted by a seemingly innocuous remark simi made is reflective of the stigma people with tribal mark endure on daily basis.It is hightime tribal marks are abolished.It has long outlived its usefulness.Basically tribal marks were a form of identification during inter-tribal war which was justifiable then.But in our modern society,there is really no place for tribal marks.The pain alone which is inflicted on a child without his/her consent in the process of mutilating the skin in name of tribal marks is enough grounds in favour of abolition of tribal marks not to talk of the subsequent unbearable stigmatization the child will be forced to contend with on a daily basis.
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Nobody: 2:20am On Mar 31, 2019
izzou:

Aboki means friend in Hausa
I know bro... But in Lagos it means mumu
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by Nobody: 2:22am On Mar 31, 2019
Thales01:
I think Adetutu feeling insulted by a seemingly innocuous remark simi made is reflective of the stigma people with tribal mark endure on daily basis.It is hightime tribal marks are abolished.It has long outlived its usefulness.Basically tribal marks were a form of identification during inter-tribal war which was justifiable then.But in our modern society,there is really no place for tribal marks.The pain alone which is inflicted on a child without his/her consent in the process of mutilating the skin in name of tribal marks is enough grounds in favour of abolition of tribal marks not to talk of the subsequent unbearable stigmatization the child will be forced to contend with on a daily basis.
funnily the Rich were the ones who get tribal marks in the days of old
Re: #fvckyouchallange: Simi Apologizes For Derogatory Tribal Marks Lyrics by freethesheeple(m): 12:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:
So "Tribal mark" means Stupidity?

Hmmm! Odiegwu o!

Ndi ofe mmanu'a sef!

ndi ofe akwu....Lmao.

(1) (Reply)

I Keep Growing Despite The Backlash I Get From People – Bbnaija Efe / Throwback Photo Of Legend Fela, Elton John In UK In 1974 / A Day After Knocking Uti, Ifu Ennada Hails Alexx Ekubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.