Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,311 members, 7,819,059 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband (19854 Views)

I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by unclexofficial: 4:51am On Mar 31, 2019
Tope Omage, the first female Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Director of Finance, has stated that any woman who wants to go far should respect her husband. In an interview with Punch, the first female Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Director of Finance who recounted her experience working  for 37 years in the banking and financial sector, stated that women always have lots of challenges when their husband doesn't agree with them.

Tope Omage who further disclosed that any woman who wants to go far should learn to respect her husband, added that her husband helped her a lot at the height of her career. Here are excerpts from the interview below;

How were you able to balance your busy schedule and your family life so that none suffered?

They say behind every successful man, there is a woman. Behind every successful married woman, there is an understanding man. I am lucky to have a man who is my cheerleader, who encourages me and is not threatened by my success. And that is what a lot of corporate women, who are at the top of their careers, would tell you. If your husband does not agree with what you do, there will be lots of challenges.At the same time, any woman who wants to go far should learn to respect her husband. My husband helped me a lot. He understood a lot and I tried to use every resource available to me. When my mum was around, I used her. When I had to get home helps, I did. I also used gadgets such as deep freezers and microwave ovens.

When some women rise to the top of their careers, they start to disrespect their husbands. How were you able to avoid that trap?

It is a two-way thing. The Bible says, ‘Husbands, love your wives. Wives, submit to your husbands’. If you know somebody loves you, it is easier to submit because you know that whatever he tells you would not be detrimental to your well-being.A lot of men are threatened by their wives’ success. Every woman must know her husband. If you know your husband has inferiority complex, you wouldn’t lose anything by kneeling down for him as many times as possible if you want to keep your marriage.I am an executive committee member of the Women in Management, Business and Public Service. In WIMBIZ, most of our women are high corporate flyers and they still have their husbands because they understand what it means to respect one’s husband. If you must go high, you must be humble.A lot of men are looking for successful women to marry, but I would ask them, ‘Can you handle it?’ because he who pays the piper dictates the tune. She’s earning so much and you want to command her anyhow you like. So, when we are judging a case, we look at both sides.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/any-woman-who-wants-to-go-far-should-respect-her-husband-tope-omage/amp/

12 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Mrop(m): 5:11am On Mar 31, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yes, true talk!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Miracle4Sure: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yeah yeah
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Onyekachi419(f): 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Once there is money there will be respect and love. Easy to say ma.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by oboy81: 4:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yh And Also Be a Fucking Sociopathic Theif Like you

2 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by hensben(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
True
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by TheBoy1740: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
H
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Richdad50(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
grin
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by GreatResearcher: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
crap! What will she say about Oprah Winfery?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by VictorEkwere: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Honest advice
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by edo3(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by afroniger: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Hope some rabid feministas won't come for her head.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by AGideon(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
Not just respect, also submit to her husband!

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Unik3030: 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2019
feminists who don't have shishi in their account will never agree with this

23 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Obodo999(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
Feminist won't like this cool

3 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by prophetfire: 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
preach to slays and libers.

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by ednut1(m): 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
Even when he doesnt respect himself

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by micmond: 4:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
The feminist champions will soon come for her head.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Kingsleydr(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
And those female gorillas with nothing showworthy will be forming Feminist. Morons , that's how linda ikeja deceived the..they'll sneak to Bleep men for men then come out publicly to scream feminism.

5 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by maxtop(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
True talk but women of nowadays will claim "feminism ". People like Aunty Toke Makinwa who are not submissive and always trying to blame men for there ordeals.

Well I made front page for the 2nd time today, NL pls I need 100 likes for this grin

3 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
Very correct

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by GOFRONT(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
cheesy

This is a real slay queen

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by magicminister: 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
I didn’t read the whole article but I feel like a woman in public office should not speak like this. It reeks of shallow mindedness because a woman that is unmarried or widowed can also go far without any man behind her and women can succeed in whatever they set their mind to!!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Kendumazy(m): 4:50pm On Mar 31, 2019
Feminists won't read this news

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bluskyee: 4:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Once there is money there will be respect and love. Easy to say ma.
that is not true. When I was in school, I used to think love and respect will come once I have enough money...on the average, I have a good job, I organize house parties with plenty babes But no love...life is vitamin B complex

7 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Jesuslvzme(m): 5:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Damn true,ladies submit ursef to ur husby no matter how..
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by etrange: 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
magicminister:
I didn’t read the whole article but I feel like a woman in public office should not speak like this. It reeks of shallow mindedness because a woman that is unmarried or widowed can also go far without any man behind her and women can succeed in whatever they set their mind to!!

Please, read her full speech. The title just singled out the part that massages the masculine ego.

She made a lot of sense. In fact, she presented the act of respect as a means of managing the man's inferiority complex.

16 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry / Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.