Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,994 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband (19859 Views)

I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. / My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Married Woman Who Drives GUO Luxurious Bus From Lagos To Ghana (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 31, 2019
very true, I am a living witness, my mum is an example.

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Pataricatering(f): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2019
Unik3030:
feminists who don't have shishi in their account will never agree with this
broke idiots who don’t have kobo would love this too !

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Pataricatering(f): 5:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
All this stupid alake oloko women have come again with their nonsense advice !

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Afamed: 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Once there is money there will be respect and love. Easy to say ma.
So your own respect is tied with availability of Money? Kontinue

2 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Jokerman(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
But feminists who teach in primary school think otherwise
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by ssogundele(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onyekachi419:
Disrespectful feminist spotted! Following that ageless biblical injunction of respecting and submitting to ones husband will elicit love! Work on you damaged psych will do you good in life

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by 4Face2face(m): 5:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
Yeah very true indeed, I just liked that her statement that 'he who pays the piper dictates the sound'
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by odehaj: 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onyekachi419:
and when there’s no money?..
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
Alpha males would love this grin grin

cc pocohantas
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by yvelchstores(f): 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2019
I appreciate her views. I learnt something.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by yvelchstores(f): 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
Pataricatering:
All this stupid alake oloko women have come again with their nonsense advice !
she is the cbn governor,yet you call her stupid.

Goes to show you see things on reverse.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 5:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
CruellaDeVil:
Alpha males would love this grin grin

cc pocohantas

They should at least take their time to read through before shouting "yes yes", but they won't. E dey them for body

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Bobinovic: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onyekachi419:
What makes you think there was money when they started?
37yrs before attaining this height.
My dear the best marriages are those that the couple build their wealth together.
Don't wait for Mr Rich, go with Mr Right!

3 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Onyekachi419(f): 5:34pm On Mar 31, 2019
odehaj:
and when there’s no money?..
They go manage each other
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Onyekachi419(f): 5:37pm On Mar 31, 2019
ssogundele:

Disrespectful feminist spotted! Following that ageless biblical injunction of respecting and submitting to ones husband will elicit love! Work on you damaged psych will do you good in life
am so sorry to hurt you ur guess was wrong. My opinion you can share yours
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by sweetilicious(f): 5:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
I concur.Respect your husband,give him peace,speak to him with humility,and if you are lucky he is honourable,he will support anything you so desire.He will be your cheerleader.People will claim you used juju on him but it's just simply logic you applied.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Emaprince: 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
magicminister:
I didn’t read the whole article but I feel like a woman in public office should not speak like this. It reeks of shallow mindedness because a woman that is unmarried or widowed can also go far without any man behind her and women can succeed in whatever they set their mind to!!

Who told you widows and unmarried women have no man behind them?

Is it because some of them chose to have secret affairs and make people believe no one is knacking them?

Don't be naive

3 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Excuzeme: 6:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
magicminister:
I didn’t read the whole article but I feel like a woman in public office should not speak like this. It reeks of shallow mindedness because a woman that is unmarried or widowed can also go far without any man behind her and women can succeed in whatever they set their mind to!!

Una don start, abi?
She was talking SPECIFICALLY about MARRIED WOMEN.
She said "a married woman" should respect her husband, if she wants to go far!
She DID NOT SAY "unmarried or widowed women" WOULD NOT go far!

Controversy and incomprehension are like 5 & 6.

4 Likes

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
etrange:

Please, read her full speech. The title just singled out the part that massages the masculine ego.

She made a lot of sense. In fact, she presented the act of respect as a means of managing the man's inferiority complex.
lol inferiority complex yet you're the one protesting morning afternoon evening crying about how weak and inferior the whole world consider you to be
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by pocohantas(f): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
Emaprince:
Who told you widows and unmarried women have no man behind them?

Is it because some of them chose to have secret affairs and make people believe no one is knacking them?

Don't be naive

And how does a man knacking a widow translate to having a man behind her, thus attaining this kinda height...

Abi do men now ejaculate dollars or success?
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by freecocoa(f): 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
If he has inferiority complex, he should deal with his issues and a woman always kneeling for her husband, just to feed his useless ego, isn’t cure for it, nonsense!
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
yvelchstores:
I appreciate her views. I learnt something.

What did you learn?
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
@crackhaus

Remember my thread earlier this year?
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2019
unclexofficial:
Tope Omage, the first female Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Director of Finance, has stated that any woman who wants to go far should respect her husband. In an interview with Punch, the first female Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Director of Finance who recounted her experience working  for 37 years in the banking and financial sector, stated that women always have lots of challenges when their husband doesn't agree with them.

Tope Omage who further disclosed that any woman who wants to go far should learn to respect her husband, added that her husband helped her a lot at the height of her career. Here are excerpts from the interview below;

How were you able to balance your busy schedule and your family life so that none suffered?

They say behind every successful man, there is a woman. Behind every successful married woman, there is an understanding man. I am lucky to have a man who is my cheerleader, who encourages me and is not threatened by my success. And that is what a lot of corporate women, who are at the top of their careers, would tell you. If your husband does not agree with what you do, there will be lots of challenges.At the same time, any woman who wants to go far should learn to respect her husband. My husband helped me a lot. He understood a lot and I tried to use every resource available to me. When my mum was around, I used her. When I had to get home helps, I did. I also used gadgets such as deep freezers and microwave ovens.

When some women rise to the top of their careers, they start to disrespect their husbands. How were you able to avoid that trap?

It is a two-way thing. The Bible says, ‘Husbands, love your wives. Wives, submit to your husbands’. If you know somebody loves you, it is easier to submit because you know that whatever he tells you would not be detrimental to your well-being.A lot of men are threatened by their wives’ success. Every woman must know her husband. If you know your husband has inferiority complex, you wouldn’t lose anything by kneeling down for him as many times as possible if you want to keep your marriage.I am an executive committee member of the Women in Management, Business and Public Service. In WIMBIZ, most of our women are high corporate flyers and they still have their husbands because they understand what it means to respect one’s husband. If you must go high, you must be humble.A lot of men are looking for successful women to marry, but I would ask them, ‘Can you handle it?’ because he who pays the piper dictates the tune. She’s earning so much and you want to command her anyhow you like. So, when we are judging a case, we look at both sides.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/any-woman-who-wants-to-go-far-should-respect-her-husband-tope-omage/amp/

Interesting and honest interview.

The role of the husband in a successful wife can't be undermined.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by Emaprince: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
pocohantas:

And how does a man knacking a widow translate to having a man behind her, thus attaining this kinda height...

Abi do men now ejaculate dollars or success?
grin grin dey there na...

You need the nutrition that comes only from sperm for proper brain function.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by phiszo(m): 8:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
Afamed:

So your own respect is tied with availability of Money? Kontinue
Lol. Didn't you see her name? cheesy grin
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by LINTUNE(m): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
maxtop:
True talk but women of nowadays will claim "feminism ". People like Aunty Toke Makinwa who are not submissive and always trying to blame men for there ordeals.

Well I made front page for the 2nd time today, NL pls I need 100 likes for this grin
mtcheww tongue angry
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by yvelchstores(f): 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2019
bukatyne:

What did you learn?
it is none of your business.

Let me modify cos I just perceived you are against "submission".
Anyways, I learnt that some women have to be more submissive than the others, it all boils down to the situation you find yourself in and if you are willing to put in the effort
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
yvelchstores:
it is non of your business.

You are right.

I wonder why you are touchy though.
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by yvelchstores(f): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
bukatyne:

You are right.

I wonder why you are touchy though.
my apology. I already modified the other reply before seeing yours
Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
yvelchstores:
it is none of your business.

Let me modify cos I just perceived you are against "submission".
Anyways, I learnt that some women have to be more submissive than the others, it all boils down to the situation you find yourself in and if you are willing to put in the effort

How do you perceive someone against submission?

I am just against bullshit from either party while most women are willing to accommodate men's excesses.

Very true @ your lesson. And I particularly liked how she said she asks men who claim to want successful wives if they are up to the task.

Like a friend said, some successful wives have learnt to pay their husbands for their support via enormous gifts and cash.

Last last, every wife needs to know the kind of man she has and manage him.

1 Like

Re: Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband by bukatyne(f): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
yvelchstores:
my apology. I already modified the other reply before seeing yours

Apologies accepted . smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Friendship Goals: 7 Female Friends Qualify As Medical Doctors In South Africa / How Quitting My Job Made Me Cry / Can A 35 Year Old Still Get Appointment Into Federal Civil Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.