Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Northern Hospitality At Its Best. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Hospitality At Its Best. (4050 Views)

People Who Hated Niger Because Of Hatred For Buhari Now Its Best Lovers - Omokri / Shettima: I Was Misquoted On Abacha’s "Hospitality" / Shettima: Nigeria Needs Abacha’s Hospitality, Buhari’s Commitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by asorocker: 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

Am trying to help you people by suggesting that you focus majority of all your investments in the East no matter the allure for money.
If you can also learn from the north and be simple and not be so hard on money money above everything it will help you guys.

Your suggestion is fine but will be speeded up once Nigeria is restructured

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by meccuno: 12:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
asorocker:

Your suggestion is fine but will be speeded up once Nigeria is restructured
or disintegrated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Unlimitk(m): 12:35pm On Mar 31, 2019
Olu20090:
The fact is Hausa people in general are good people until they were conquered by Fulani, which started the indoctrination responsible for the menace you see today amongst them. If you pay attention to the so-called three major tribes in Nigeria, Igbos and Hausa (not Fulani) are actually the most patriotic and believe genuinely in One Nigeria. Go to Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers, Imo, you will see Hausa people who are doing business there, have lived there for 20 plus years, speaks Igbo fluently. You see the same dynamics with Igbos in the North and both Igbos and Hausas in the West. But the cancer of the three major tribes is afonja. They don't travel out of their region, highly tribalistic, they are scared to leave their region because of their wicked nature; think others think like them, you will never see them in the North, nor in the East in high number. Yet they will sale you snake oil that they believe in one Nigeria.

Na afonja go kill u
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
By the time I compete a compendium of my dealings with Afonja (both male and female), 2nd Nigerian civil war will start on twitter.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Firstorderwizard(m): 1:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

Am not a Yoruba if you are trying to attack Yoruba it's your business , what am trying to explain is Igbo due to making money tend to forget their home and invest heavily on other peoples land. Besides most people are not comfortable investing heavily in Igbo Land because it can be easily hijacked because anything money attracts lots of attention in the East. I guess nature designed it that way or it was acquired over the years this money money, Ego Ego thing and culture.

Bro forget talk, investing in Igboland is highly competitive cos the Igbo culture encourages competition not monopoly hence the Yoruba's cannot withstand that.

5 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 1:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
Bede2u:
lol...u see how u made it look bad that igbos invest in other parts of nigeria. But am sure u also want a better nigeria. Tell me how we can get that with ur mentality
I don't want any Better Nigeria, I want a country where Igbo will be in a separate country and Yoruba also have their own country and we have our country. I don't care wether we have oil or not with or without oil we will have peace all these Nigeria tribalism and complaining of marginalization especially by Igbo people will be reduced. Scamming , fraud , ritualist Yahoo yahoo , Boko haram will also reduced and alot of other things will be solved. Then we will appreciate ourselves better.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 1:36pm On Mar 31, 2019
Bede2u:
this is just sad...and shows that nigeria is far from progressing. We could have been much more advanced if people are free to live and hustle anywhere within nigeria...but no...because of hateful..low lives like u
Most of us don't want any Nigeria with you people anymore go and have your Biafra, and go away with your oil or whatever. We will manage our agric and little resource we have and live our contented live free of ritualist , scamming , aggression, loudness , greediness and you go and manage your money and hustle and your so call investment.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by adelee777: 1:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
I live in the north. Apart from their religious madness, Hausas are the best people to live with and have around. Very trustworthy, trusting, simple, straightforward and nice. And they (alongside other northern tribes) have the most beautiful girls in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by adelee777: 2:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
loveth360:
Tell us,why are you yorubas not building business in north,

are hausa not selling land to you people too.
How many Americans or Britons do you see living in Nigeria as compared to the number of Nigerians in those countries? It is the law of migration that humans migrate to places that are more developed and good for trade, not the other way round. Wonder why there are more Ibos in Yorubaland than vice versa?

3 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Bede2u(m): 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

I don't want any Better Nigeria, I want a country where Igbo will be in a separate country and Yoruba also have their own country and we have our country. I don't care wether we have oil or not with or without oil we will have peace all these Nigeria tribalism and complaining of marginalization especially by Igbo people will be reduced. Scamming , fraud , ritualist Yahoo yahoo , Boko haram will also reduced and alot of other things will be solved. Then we will appreciate ourselves better.
u have a point tho. Cos i am sure we hate ur people the same way u hate us...so we should really go our seperate ways.

Terrorism and islamic fundamentalism and backwardness will be eliminated once ur people are gone. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

Bro forget talk, investing in Igboland is highly competitive cos the Igbo culture encourages competition not monopoly hence the Yoruba's cannot withstand that.
Encourages materialism in place of conscience and encourages get money by all means be it cheating , killing , idio worship and the rest are all ok you are trying to say right?
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Bede2u:
u have a point tho. Cos i am sure we hate ur people the same way u hate us...so we should really go our seperate ways.

Terrorism and islamic fundamentalism and backwardness will be eliminated once ur people are gone. cool
Look who is talking of Islam, go to Libya and most islamic and ask the population of southern Nigerians especially Igbos there compare to northern Nigerians, why are you people in those cou tries in large numbers despite your thinking that they are terrorist and backward?. Your greed and quest for money and materialism will make you live anywhere. When we separate you people to Biafra, for you people to get a visa to our territory will be very difficult than to get American visa.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Bede2u(m): 3:13pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

Look who is talking of Islam, go to Libya and most islamic and ask the population of southern Nigerians especially Igbos there compare to northern Nigerians, why are you people in those cou tries in large numbers despite your thinking that they are terrorist and backward?. Your greed and quest for money and materialism will make you live anywhere. When we separate you people to Biafra, for you people to get a visa to our territory will be very difficult than to get American visa.
lol...no issue bro. We will not come to your country once we get biafra. Dont get worked up. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 4:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
Bede2u:
lol...no issue bro. We will not come to your country once we get biafra. Dont get worked up. Lol
I have to let you know na, in case the time comes you people will start complaining that we are Ecowas and all that.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Bede2u(m): 4:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

I have to let you know na, in case the time comes you people will start complaining that we are Ecowas and all that.
ok we yaff hear
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by SamNaijaboy: 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
I guess you are really Igbo.
The truth is that the Hausa-Fulani (maybe this is really Fulani?) and the Igbo are the two most aggressive tribes in Nigeria, with the Noble Yorubas caught in between them. Take a good walk through history and the Yorubas don't attack unless attacked first.
It wasn't the Yorubas that spearheaded the first coup killing all the other leaders but theirs (Igbo).
Nor were they the ones that retaliated with pogroms and a very bloody counter coup (Hausa-Fulani & North in general)
They weren't the ones that tried to secede (instead Awolowo wanted in the first constitution a peaceful secession clause, which the Hausa-Fulani rejected) using force.
The Yoruba did not join the war until attacked at Ore by the "liberators" (Igbo).
More recently the Fulani herdsmen have been terrorizing Nigeria (Fulani).
Yet it's the Yoruba that have never attacked any group outside of her borders that you are bothering with. No external aggression.
By the way, the Yorubas don't leave their region much because we have all we need here. Do you see Americans rushing into Mexico or Canada? Or Brazilians rushing into Venezuela or Chile? If your home has everything you want, why rush to another man's land especially seeing how they massacre other human beings?
Dude, learn your history and respect the only really peaceful tribe among the tripod.

Olu20090:
The fact is Hausa people in general are good people until they were conquered by Fulani, which started the indoctrination responsible for the menace you see today amongst them. If you pay attention to the so-called three major tribes in Nigeria, Igbos and Hausa (not Fulani) are actually the most patriotic and believe genuinely in One Nigeria. Go to Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Rivers, Imo, you will see Hausa people who are doing business there, have lived there for 20 plus years, speaks Igbo fluently. You see the same dynamics with Igbos in the North and both Igbos and Hausas in the West. But the cancer of the three major tribes is afonja. They don't travel out of their region, highly tribalistic, they are scared to leave their region because of their wicked nature; think others think like them, you will never see them in the North, nor in the East in high number. Yet they will sale you snake oil that they believe in one Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by SamNaijaboy: 4:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
The man from Kano that defrauded of N3.5m in wire fraud and has been running away to Kano with the police looking for him must be a Fulani then, ba? Maybe
Forget this please.
What those people have is a lack of sophistication (bet they are in the rural areas as seen from most of the posts), and an adherence to the old ways of trust and honesty.
The same would be true if you went to a village somewhere in Cross River for example.
However, no seller would try that in the main cities.

zicoraads:

You are not far from the truth at the bolded. Unfortunately, what the 'outsider' sees is often very different.

They lump everyone who stays in the North as one.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by EdiAbali: 5:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
Esseite:
The average hausa man is an honest man.... not all though, cause we still have bokoharam and herdsmen, looters and killers amongst every tribe.

My story:

Was running a bike business way back and had a hausa man as the manager, one bike got stolen and taken to bornu, the hausa manager travelled all the way to bornu to retrive the bike and collect damages from the guarantor on his expense.. despite myself not being hausa.

Was surprised as we had written the bike off as bad debt in our books.

Hausa man anyday anytime, although it was still another hausa man that stole the bike, but when you find a good one, you have found a good one and only need to work on yourself not cheating a good one. We sold the bike and gave him the proceeds.

The Boko Haram are not Hausa people, it's Kanuri that doing Boko Haram in the North East, Hausa language is wide spread, not everyone who speak Hausa is Hausa person, Hausa people are from North West Nigeria and Chad.

The herdsmen are Fulani people not Hausa
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Sammyimpostor: 5:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
I'm the south but born and raised in the North, if 2 or 3 people are selling things & there is a Hausa amongst them, I will rather go to buy from the Hausa man.

Once a Hausa man says "Gaskiya" trust me just go ahead & buy because you can't get that product below that price.

Few days ago I was driving and I ran out of fuel, I called a Hausa bike man gave him 2k and a gallon to get fuel for me, after few minutes he returned with the fuel & I gave him #100, he left satisfied and I said to myself this can only happen with a Hausa man, trust me my brothers for the south will go with your money and leave to be roasted by the sun.

Another thing I want to point out is that a Hausa man is very contented with what he earns legally. + Where my Igbo brothers will want to make #100 on a product my Hausa guy wouldn't mind making #20 happily.

I trust my Hausa brothers and I salute them because you can trust them anytime and anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by dokiOloye(m): 5:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
lastmessenger:
You will know how good they are immediately there is religious riot and you are in there midst
That's what most of the ppl commenting have failed to factor in.
If som1 knowingly falsely accuses you of blasphemy, d same honest hausa man who has been giving you stuff to pay later will drive a dagger into your tummy without verifying.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by SamNaijaboy: 5:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
The truth here is that the average Igbo man is too materialistic to the extent of doing anything for money and financial advancement. The Hausa man you mentioned here might have been honest, but the extreme polar opposite is the Igbo. The Yoruba are somewhere in between in terms of materialism.
Most of the "Igbo have money" and are "buying up your lands" stem from the fact that most will cut corners to corner your money to themselves. Fake medicine, fake parts, etc. Then they turn around to use those ill-gotten gains to attempt to buy your land etc.
I lived among the Igbo and I understand them very well. You do business with one to your own detriment.
Bring one into your life as a Yoruba and you'll be shocked at how aggressive they are in pursuit of money, and always in a self-centered way.
It's the people of Ondo State I pity with Akeredolu's in-laws being Igbo and the wife rumoured to be running things underground with her family.
You can save this thread and quote me: The day his tenure is over, you will be shocked at some of the revelations that may be made.

Sammyimpostor:
I'm the south but born and raised in the North, if 2 or 3 people are selling things & there is a Hausa amongst them, I will rather go to buy from the Hausa man.

Once a Hausa man says "Gaskiya" trust me just go ahead & buy because you can't get that product below that price.

Few days ago I was driving and I ran out of fuel, I called a Hausa bike man gave him 2k and a gallon to get fuel for me, after few minutes he returned with the fuel & I gave him #100, he left satisfied and I said to myself this can only happen with a Hausa man, trust me my brothers for the south will go with your money and leave to be roasted by the sun.

Another thing I want to point out is that a Hausa man is very contented with what he earns legally. + Where my Igbo brothers will want to make #100 on a product my Hausa guy wouldn't mind making #20 happily.

I trust my Hausa brothers and I salute them because you can trust them anytime and anyday.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by zicoraads: 6:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
Sammyimpostor:

This reminds me of this man that sells things close to my house. One of these markets that are usually situated in an area.

This man singlehandedly controls the prizes of most things around my area. His shop is very big and his things are very fair. So the other big shops around him are usually forced to sell at a prize not far from his, in order to be able to sell. I even heard rumours they once called him for a market meeting, and complained he is affecting business negatively.

He told them God will punish him if he tries to get excess profit from his goods. Had to leave him alone.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by zicoraads: 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
dokiOloye:

If som1 knowingly falsely accuses you of blasphemy, d same honest hausa man who has been giving you stuff to pay later will drive a dagger into your tummy without verifying.
For almost every tribe in Nigeria, there exist what makes them good, and what makes them bad.

This thread is about pointing out the good.

1 Like

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Gandollar(f): 6:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
Kyase:
grin
Me I'm here to read Lamentation of pain souls wink
Lamentations indeed. Can you run your business that way? Does it make good business sense? Well I can't blame them. Majority of them don't pay house rents. Their kids don't go to school. They don't eat well. They are not groomed and always looking shabby. What are they even doing with the little they make? Nobody knows.

When the business dies due to their stupidity, they will look for pans and walking stick and join the next available cow trailer, mission to only God knows where. Mtcheeeew

Arewafedration, zicoraads. Naaji
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by jojothegreat(m): 6:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
Grew up in Kano. All these are true. Average Hausa man is honest and always ready to help.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Gandollar(f): 6:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naajjii:

You will get what you want in due course. But start to prepare now by first educating the teeming northern illitrate population. Thank me later.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by lastmessenger: 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
dokiOloye:

in my opinion they are the most intolerant bunch in the whole of the country. If you are not a Muslim you are just not good enough. Don't trust hausas and Fulani's. They can change anytime like the weather condition.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by lastmessenger: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
zicoraads:

For almost every tribe in Nigeria, there exist what makes them good, and what makes them bad.

This thread is about pointing out the good.
in my opinion there is nothing to be desired in the life of an Hausa man for the fact that they have disregard for the sanctity of human life.
Most of us commenting about how good they are actually know that there so called honesty is born out of stupidity.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by zicoraads: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
lastmessenger:
in my opinion there is nothing to be desired in the life of an Hausa man for the fact that they have disregard for the sanctity of human life.
Most of us commenting about how good they are actually know that there so called honesty is born out of stupidity.
No, it isn't.
Re: Northern Hospitality At Its Best. by Naajjii: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2019
Gandollar:
You will get what you want in due course. But start to prepare now by first educating the teeming northern illitrate population. Thank me later.
I don't need your advice, go and get your Biafra or whatever region are from then we have our country. It's not your business if we are educated or not, all I know we are contented people and also it will be very difficult for you people to get visa to our territory. We will see the people that will demand for visa higher between we and Biafra , nothing is attractive in your territory of Biafra that will move us to demand for visa but I can tell you alot will attract you people to us and what is that money money. But you will be screened thoroughly to get a visa.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Amb. Rabiu Infected 1000s Of Kano Residents With Coronavirus / Igbos Are Not Being Cheated Or Marginalized- Sen. Ndume Says As He Slams Biafra / Banks, Hotels,eedc Take Down Their Nigeria Flags In East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.